• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Meanwhile, on PC:

tumbleweed.jpg

sadpepe.jpg
On both :3

GAF DS3 Club created on PS4.

I tried to invite people who are on the spreadsheet. If you didn't receive an invitation, either I couldn't find you because you misspelled your name or I found multiple people who have the same name and I couldn't figure out who's the right one.

Anyway, you can subscribe to the community, it's open.
Cool thanks for doing this.

So I decided to hop on to DaS 3 despite my GPU being absolute shit recently(I'm getting 30 FPS on low...LOW! LOW DAMMIT! I think the thermal paste is wearing out or sumtin. I filed an RMA and if they refuse it then I'll open it up and apply a new coat of thermal paste). So I use a dried finger and wait, get invaded a few seconds later and i run a little into the boss room(not enough to trigger the fight). No bluebro </3. So I go out the boss room and couple seconds later bluebro! But he makes me fight the invader instead. Since I have literally 200 embers(I co-op a lot, and usually fight bosses unemeberd so they add up). So I fight the dude who is cosplaying a black knight with a BKGS. At first we're on pretty equal footing dodging each others attacks, and what not. Then he gets some strikes in and brings me down to 25% health. Then I get a lucky strike and R1 spam(using Artorias' sword btw, not the one with the parry dagger) and bring him down to 10% HP. Suddenly another invader comes in(cause of dried finger) and uses Sunlight Spear on the dude(overkill I must say...). Then starts fighting me right after which is an absolute dick move since I had low health, so I heal up and my bluebro started throwing like Chaos fireorbs. I dodge about three sunlight spears before one hit AND TOOK 75% OF MY HEALTH AWAY! And again I heal cause the guy is a dick. Bluebro brings him down to a sliver of health, dude tries to run and I smack him and he dies. The last thing I saw my bluebro do before he vanished into the veil was applause :(.

Alo0oy

Banned
Abyss Watcher's first form stunlocked into second form by the Manikin Claws using only one stamina bar.

I can't wait to see how good they are when they're buffed.

Alo0oy

Banned
I guess they don't want to shut off all the servers at once or something. OR maybe they just favour the Ps4 users :(

I doubt it, maybe it has to do with Japan, from software doesn't have to go through Namco's red tape because they self-publish their games there.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm stupid, Namco still publishes the game on PS4 outside of Japan and they use the same server.

2AdEPT

Nothing really special but at 2:27 I invade lobosjr and kill a bunch of people (around 8?) in a low level ~SL30 fight club. Ends with me killing the streamer.

https://www.twitch.tv/lobosjr/v/71463678

LOL...really? its a thing to get salty over r1 spam? I dont PVP much owing to it, but to get salty and try to prevent people from doing it is insane...talk about unrealistic expectations.....Im no good at pvp but surely a parry is an easy way to deal with an r1 spammer?

Maybe the server issues have to do with the update we're getting tomorrow? I haven't tried getting on because my GPU decided to pretty much crap out on me ;_;

Hey, at least you have me :D

....and me... this is the first DS that I dont have at least one copy of on a console......owing solely to FROM giving us a bone with a simultaneous release date.

Hope it's fixed when I get home after work.

I saw that you only need half the FP for weapon arts, after bar empties, that's a good compromise.

I can't wait to see the proper tests on estocs, claws and all.

LOL...really? its a thing to get salty over r1 spam? I dont PVP much owing to it, but to get salty and try to prevent people from doing it is insane...talk about unrealistic expectations.....Im no good at pvp but surely a parry is an easy way to deal with an r1 spammer?

....and me... this is the first DS that I dont have at least one copy of on a console......owing solely to FROM giving us a bone with a simultaneous release date.

Heh, yeh he has a few of us. There's about 5 or 6 Gaffers that play on PC that I know of. The super long stall for the PC release of DaS 2 pissed me off hard. But we ended up getting DaS 3 a few hours before consoles so there's that.

Hope it's fixed when I get home after work.

I saw that you only need half the FP for weapon arts, after bar empties, that's a good compromise.

I can't wait to see the proper tests on estocs, claws and all.

Huh? What do you mean?

They said something about not being able to use the skill if there's not enough FP. Does that mean weapons that do unique moves can't do em without the FP, or do you just do less damage if you don't got the FP?

2AdEPT

Huh? What do you mean?

They said something about not being able to use the skill if there's not enough FP. Does that mean weapons that do unique moves can't do em without the FP, or do you just do less damage if you don't got the FP?

pretty sure it was suggested that the patch will prevent the move completely now where in the past you could still do the move but it wouldn't do extra damage.

Heh, yeh he has a few of us. There's about 5 or 6 Gaffers that play on PC that I know of. The super long stall for the PC release of DaS 2 pissed me off hard. But we ended up getting DaS 3 a few hours before consoles so there's that.

Huh? What do you mean?

Before patch, some weapons just needed 1 FP to trigger, bypassing the FP cost, when the bar was almost empty. Now they need half the FP cost, instead 1 FP.

Yeah, some wp don't work without FP.

Meccs

Before patch, some weapons just needed 1 FP to trigger, bypassing the FP cost, when the bar was almost empty. Now they need half the FP cost, instead 1 FP.

Yeah, some wp don't work without FP.
Did they really say that? I'm still not convinced they will change that. Endurance works the same way, you can roll and execute attacks with just a sliver on the bar. I dunno why they would change just FP and not Endurance to work the same way.
I actually would like it more if they would change how Endurance works since that would eliminate the endless roll spam.

Also I did turn off the game yesterday because it took almost 5 minutes every time I wanted to invade. It seems PvP is kinda dead on PC if you don't want to duel 24/7.

Edit: apparently they halved the FP cost of all the weapon arts if executing one would bring you to 0 FP. So if normal cost is 10 and you have only 5 FP it only costs 5 FP to execute it. I you use simple infusion you can use it as soon as you hit 5 FP.

Did they really say that? I'm still not convinced they will change that. Endurance works the same way, you can roll and execute attacks with just a sliver on the bar. I dunno why they would change just FP and not Endurance to work the same way.
I actually would like it more if they would change how Endurance works since that would eliminate the endless roll spam.

Also I did turn off the game yesterday because it took almost 5 minutes every time I wanted to invade. It seems PvP is kinda dead on PC if you don't want to duel 24/7.

From my understanding, endurance can go into negatives values, so the bar it taked longer to start recharging for a very expensive action, there's also the penalty of depleting your endurance which means you can be punished, since your character is in cooldown for an instant.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I really want to make a cosplay character but I can't decide who to make.

Why do people do this? Isn't the whole point of an achievement to... you know, achieve something? Why cheese it by having someone drop you the items? I don't get it.

(I don't mean to single you out, because I've seen others in here do the same thing. You just have the closest available post to quote.)
I don't agree and don't care that the way you play is different in this situation. But I'm stuck away from home at the moment so I'll indulge you anyway.

I want to get the platinum out of the way, as the plans I have for how I want to play the game from here on don't include grinding to NG+++ (already almost done with NG+) and tracking down all the ring locations. Getting the Darkmoon achievement done was enough of a pointless grind for me, as there was no skill involved in being forced to farm 2864 Silver Knights because the covenant auto-summon system is broken and resulted in only two summons the whole time I was grinding.

I've achieved plenty and platinum'd all three of the other souls games (Demons, dark souls 1, dark souls 2) with no assistance beyond summoning during NG++. Thus, no, I don't feel it is cheese nor have a problem asking for help getting the rings I still need from another player. It's not something I want to spend my game time doing, thus if another player is generous enough to help I will be grateful.

Alo0oy

Banned
My hollow Manikin Claws now have 297 AR, 40/40/25 LUK/DEX/STR.

You can carry 600 arrows in the storage box now.

Straight Swords and Piercing Swords seem to have longer recovery times now and cost more stamina.

Ultra Greatswords appear to be unchanged.

Spells casting speed appears to be unchanged (didn't they say this will be patched?).

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I just realized that Dragonslayer Armor isn't the guy himself but his empty possessed armor. Probably being possessed by the butterfly pilgrims. But for what purpose do they block your path, and why?

Top Bottom