• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

]blacky[;207480193 said:
I hope that in my case an answer will be possible without spoilers.

Question to the end of the second area (elevator):

I somehow managed that the elevator had brought me to the top of the tower. I made friendship with the big dude. But since then the elevator drives only to the basement. I want to go up again!

The elevator actually has two platforms. Step on the push trigger then step off and the top platform will come.

neoism

lol its soo awesome to keep finding things after soo many hours played i just found power within and witch's locks for the first time... cant believe i missed it twice!

neoism

Kreygasmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
😅😅😅😅☺️

fucking finally done with all covs
those damn grass can kiss it....

😋

Dunkelgrau

The elevator actually has two platforms. Step on the push trigger then step off and the top platform will come.
haha, very nice :)

One more question:
I will reach the canyon beneath the big tower later in the game, right?
Because this did not leave me in peace.

]blacky[;207500085 said:
haha, very nice :)

One more question:
I will reach the canyon beneath the big tower later in the game, right?
Because this did not leave me in peace.

Without spoilers, all I can say is that you can get there now.

Spoiler for the entire solution:
You can either survive with 27 Vigor, cast Spook, or get the Mortician's ashes on the other side of the level and give it to the Handmaiden which will sell the cell key you can use in the sewer.

Kieli

I wonder if the devs made some edits to Nameless King's first phase.

He seems to do more damage, and now utilizes two new attacks that I don't think I've seen before. One is a lightning attack whilst he's on the ground, and the other is a hypersonic thrust. The last one is especially frustrating as the only telegraph is when he rears back, and it's so fast that I can't react reliably in time.

Last week, I could reliably get to the NK's second phase, but now I'm dying about 75% of the time to the first phase.

neoism

goddamn it gammme you glitchy POS

I died as a mound maker go to rosa to repec noticed i forgot my 1.8 million fucking souls at pontiff go back to get them ....
Nope ....added 0 fucking souls back after collecting them

😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😓

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
goddamn it gammme you glitchy POS

I died as a mound maker go to rosa to repec noticed i forgot my 1.8 million fucking souls at pontiff go back to get them ....
Nope ....added 0 fucking souls back after collecting them

Ouch. Did you die on the way to Rosaria somehow, or was it just the act of respec'ing that made you lose your souls? o_O

neoism

Ouch. Did you die on the way to Rosaria somehow, or was it just the act of respec'ing that made you lose your souls? o_O

nope not sure what happened.. owell it was only like 4 levels lol ima go ham before ng++ and get the 8 mil plus i need for lvl 200 still not sure though about that with the dlc ill use this character because i never make but one and do everything but most everyone is sticking to the low ass meta and i dont want to have no one to pvp with once the dlc hits...

i should just stop worrying about it like i did in ds2 and level like crazy and still never had any prob with getting pvp even at level 230+

It's pretty good at SL120. I got my ass stomped with it during the last GAF fight club, but typically it's competitive. You don't see it much compared to the others you've mentioned. Gundyr's is incredibly easy to parry because it's frequently used and most people fight the same with it. BK Glaive has lost its popularity for sure but still fairly viable.

I get wins with the Partizan often. You gotta focus on utilizing the R2s with their super wide hit boxes. Very good for roll catching. Mix up the timing by charging them frequently. I went 3-1 with the Partizan in the last club.

The reason I'm mentioning the club so much is I'm hoping another is organized for this weekend :)

Sorry, I'm taking a break from DS3 this weekend lol

I'll try to get something going next week, even if I won't be able to join myself.

Or someone can try to get a fight club this weekend.

nope not sure what happened.. owell it was only like 4 levels lol ima go ham before ng++ and get the 8 mil plus i need for lvl 200 still not sure though about that with the dlc ill use this character because i never make but one and do everything but most everyone is sticking to the low ass meta and i dont want to have no one to pvp with once the dlc hits...

i should just stop worrying about it like i did in ds2 and level like crazy and still never had any prob with getting pvp even at level 230+

But DaS 2 worked solely on Soul Memory, SL didn't matter.

I wonder if the devs made some edits to Nameless King's first phase.

He seems to do more damage, and now utilizes two new attacks that I don't think I've seen before. One is a lightning attack whilst he's on the ground, and the other is a hypersonic thrust. The last one is especially frustrating as the only telegraph is when he rears back, and it's so fast that I can't react reliably in time.

Last week, I could reliably get to the NK's second phase, but now I'm dying about 75% of the time to the first phase.

Do you mean when the dragon turns it's head and he does a poke? I think I've seen the second a couple times. Does the third one do a gust of wind? Because that happens if you turtle too much

Tarkus

Sorry, I'm taking a break from DS3 this weekend lol

I'll try to get something going next week, even if I won't be able to join myself.

Or someone can try to get a fight club this weekend.
If we don't have a club, I can just level up my new character for the next one.

Does the Leo ring affect bows?

Nope. Only attacks that deals thrust damage get a boost from Leo Ring.

Strengthens thrust weapon counter attacks by 15%. This does not increase backstabs or ripostes.
-A counter hit occurs when hitting an opponent while they are in the middle of their attack animation, which often leads to trading blows.

-A counter hit deals 40% more damage than a normal hit, from the same attack. The Leo -Ring further increases this by 15%, which ends up at a total of 61% more damage than a non counter hit.

-All weapons can inflict counter hits, even throwing weapons, but only attacks that deals thrust damage will benefit from wearing the ring.

If there is a GAF fight club this weekend, wont be able to make it. Doing 8 hours of charity work in the afternoon. Have fun if you guys and gals are doing a fight club :3

neoism

But DaS 2 worked solely on Soul Memory, SL didn't matter.

Do you mean when the dragon turns it's head and he does a poke? I think I've seen the second a couple times. Does the third one do a gust of wind? Because that happens if you turtle too much

o really i thought they both were it was high like 21-23 mill or something.. but thought level mattered too... just another reason to love ds2 Kappa

Mistel

Banned
Doesn't that make the estoc even more OP than it currently is?
From my perspective, the fastest hitting weapons are the best because it's not like the heavy-weight weps do enough dmg to justify their slowness.
Its only applied during counter attacks where as the hornet ring is a far more powerful in conjunction with Estoc etc in general but if you can consistently do counter attacks it can be.

If anyone want all the rings on PC or PS4 just send me a PM or add me on steam of PSN.

haha been awhile and I wasnt able to suicide by jumping off the walls of Lothric : ( I am a casual now D:

Soulhouf

Some folks are PvPing (SL 120) in 4-1 in Demon's Souls tonight. Posting here 'cause DeS OT is kinda dead and maybe some folks are interested!

Always specify the region when you talk about Demon's Souls online.

Guys let me know if you want to do the Fight Club tonight. I can host in the High Walls like last time.

Tarkus

Always specify the region when you talk about Demon's Souls online.

Guys let me know if you want to do the Fight Club tonight. I can host in the High Walls like last time.
I'm in. I've got a 120 and a 32 on the way to 120 to play with.

Edit: Does anyone have some tips for beating the Dancer early in a legit way(no cheese)?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Seems that everyone else is busy.
I will wait a bit more before canceling, perhaps someone else will shows up. If not, let's postpone it.

Do you have a link to the event? I may join if DS3 fight club is canceled.
Oh it was just a spur of the moment thing last night, not a specific event. Sorry. :\

I'll post again with more info if it happens again. :)

I used mostly my mage and had a shocking amount of victories. o_O Pivot casting FTW

Spent a good chunk of my evening yesterday trying to make Yennefer (from The Witcher) with the character creator.

pawel-mielniczuk-yennefer-faces.jpg

As far as I can tell, her nose and eyes are impossible to recreate with the sliders. Her eye shape is flat on the bottom and rounded on top, and the only way I could kinda do that was by making her cheekbones super high, which messed up the rest of her face. Her nose is bulbous at the tip, which cannot be done. Here is the closest I could get before I gave up:

The only realistic improvements I could've made is matching her lip color and skin tone more closely. Her skin is kinda rosy, but when I tried to match it I ended up making her skin look blotchy. And when I tried to match her lip color it ended up looking like a 6-year-old had played with her mom's lipstick. Oh well. I'll post the slider info if anyone is interested.

RiggyRob

Grabbed the Claymore and killed the second boss
Vordt of the Boreal Valley
at the third attempt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzMrLq3nEDE&list=PLnhwVsYSH1o1jW-5r-UfCbFz4VcQalzj5&index=8

I like being able to figure out
what pieces of other bosses FROMSoft put together to make new ones - Ludwig's charges, Laurence's flame/frost breath etc. - but I am glad they add enough creativity to avoid making them derivative of previous bosses.

Vordt was a nice challenge, and I've only just noticed watching it back that Frostbite slows how quickly your stamina regenerates rather than how quickly you can move, so I expect we'll see a bit more of it when we eventually get to Boreal Valley(?)

Now to find out who the fleeting dancer is...

Mistel

Banned
Spent a good chunk of my evening yesterday trying to make Yennefer (from The Witcher) with the character creator.
I'm even surprised you got that close to be honest.
Darn. Burial Blade it's not then. I guess I just have to put one more point into strength then, granted I'm trying to run a dex build.
You could just 2 hand Lucerne unless you want to use shield desperately. But it is a DEX weapon so don't worry about the STR investment too much.

Tarkus

Just realized that I could simply hit L2 with the pyro flame to burn off these stupid fucking leeches at CotD and stop the bleeding effect.
This is false. Must've timed it perfectly when the effect ended.

Farmed some souls and increased my strength and +2'd a Lucerne and put one of the pot swinging troll things down right quick. I 2 handed it and I have their attack pattern down decent enough and made short work of them. So now I have a +2 Lucerne and a +4 Uchigatana. Just need to kill that tree. What the hell was that thing down the elevator Siegward came up? I saw that shit and noped right the fuck out of there.

Soulhouf

RIP Great Scythe
Dark Souls - Dark Souls

:(

I didn't try it yet but why is it terrible? Low damage? The moveset? It has a tiny sweet spot?

BTW there are a lot of weapons that need to be buffed/modified. Black Bow of Pharis is one of them. It has B scaling (it used to be a strong S), terrible weapon art and it's slow. Even for a pure dex build it's not much more powerful than the other bows.

Top Bottom