• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

krioto

where is the best place to be summoned as a Darkmoon?

I just need the 2 rewards from this covenant for platinum, and I am not farming for it.

thanks - my character is sl 120

Summary of my first 5 NG+ Nameless King attempts:

- Kill stormdrake in less than a minute with lightning miracles
- Get a few hits on NK
- He hits me for 1/3 of my HP
- Staggered
- Another hit
- I desperately start rolling away to heal
- He delays one of his attacks and fucks up my timing and I die

I've noticed several enemies in NG+ now charge their attacks and it makes dodging so much harder. It's amazing how a little change like that completely raises the difficulty.

Just almost had a goddamn heart attack. I was standing outside the Twin Princes fog wall waiting to get summoned when I got an invasion notice. I figured I'd be sneaky and face the fog wall and act like I didn't notice him coming. All the sudden the red phantom appears RIGHT behind me, flying through the fucking air with the O&U weapon art. I didn't even have time to dodge it, and then he hit me again and procced the massive bleed damage, and then I died after a failed panic roll. I thought the Obscuring Ring had a longer sight range but holy shit he was literally a foot away from me when he came into view.

Wow...I'm ashamed at how oblivious I am. I missed a few +2 rings even though I thought I explored the area well...The ones I missed were

Wolf ring+2, Silver Covetous Serpent Ring +2, Chloranthy Ring +2

Ones I found out by looking up and hadn't explored there were
Falem +2, which is good because I thought I beat Demon King, turns out I didn't. Life+3(wanted to see if there was a point to fight Gundyr in NG++) and Gold+2
Found the rest on my own though :p

RiggyRob

Finally killed the Uchigatana prick, and met High Priestess Emma: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Z7GPyZKLI&list=PLnhwVsYSH1o1jW-5r-UfCbFz4VcQalzj5&index=7

It's nice knowing you can scum the NPC out
by attacking him and making him drop off a cliff, which is probably why you all said he's easy! Had such a rough time fighting him, what with my janky attack from the stairs making me fall of the cliff to being parried and destroyed (which did look sick, I must say).

I'm going to be slightly suspicious of NPCs that seem to doing fine in a place that isn't the designated 'safe zone,' ever since Iosefka - High Priestess Emma just seems to be chilling in her church no problem while the boss is literally at the bottom of the stairs. Greirat seems more trustworthy as he was locked in a cell and was grateful for us letting him out, and the other NPCs are in the Firelink Shrine which appears to be removed from the wider world and its problems.

At least she gave us the Small Lothric Banner and a covenant which is worthless offline!

Ferr986

where is the best place to be summoned as a Darkmoon?

I just need the 2 rewards from this covenant for platinum, and I am not farming for it.

thanks - my character is sl 120

Area you are doesn't matter. The covenant pulls you to whatever area it wants.

You''re gonna have to wait a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time if you want to max the covenant with 0 farming.

Seriously, it's better to farm + have the covenant equipped waiting for auto-summons.

Wrapping up my NG+ run, I killed Nameless King, Champion, and SoC tonight. Plus a whole lot of jolly cooperation helping people beat NK with my lightning miracles.

I've discovered an unlikely favorite weapon for my Faith build: the Dragonslayer's Axe. When buffed with Lightning Blade it does a shitload of damage. Before starting NG++ I'm about to use my final rebirth to optimize my Faith build. Here it is:

Faith+Dragonslayer's Axe

Tarkus

My battlemage (aka qualitymage) is off to a good start. Smacked down Iudex and Sword Master untouched with her heavy soul arrows, pew pew pew. My only regret now is that I should have started as a pyromancer because the sorcerer has 5 wasted points into Luck. I could have gotten the sorcerer's starting spells and stick fairly early anyway.

Manu

13450824_1147125081975746_3164399845194454530_n.jpg

Hey guys, quick question...

I've defeated
Deacons of the Deep, Abyss Watchers, and Wolnir
now I believe I need to go to
Irithyll
but I'm not sure where the path for that begins. I kind of did those bosses above in a weird order: Farron, Catacombs, then the Cathedral. So, which path do I need to follow to get to the next area? I haven't full explored the section of Cathedral
after Patches plays his little trick, can't figure out where the level I need to pull is

Mistel

Banned
[SPOILER'm going to be slightly suspicious of NPCs that seem to doing fine in a place that isn't the designated 'safe zone,' ever since Iosefka [/SPOILER]
You don't remember what happened to her?
My battlemage (aka qualitymage) is off to a good start. Smacked down Iudex and Sword Master untouched with her heavy soul arrows, pew pew pew. My only regret now is that I should have started as a pyromancer because the sorcerer has 5 wasted points into Luck. I could have gotten the sorcerer's starting spells and stick fairly early anyway.
Did you not check the best starting class before you started?

Cat Party

I was summoned as a Blue Sentinel 3 times last night within an hour. This is on a new character around level 30, having just acquired the covenant. Never been summoned that much before, so maybe things are working better.

Yopis

Finished this for the first time few days ago. Will be done with new PC in a week waiting on last parts.

Tempted to jump back in on PS4. Might just wait and run on PC though. Great times probably my favorite in series.

Larger areas were pretty cool.

Lol yeah I was watching too. It's glitches though which will likely be patched so don't get too excited :p

They usually make it a separate category speedrunning wise like they did with Dark Souls 2 and 1 (1 let you skip half the game).

EDIT: "Is that Archdragon peak?" as he's exploring. Man, this game.

They usually make it a separate category speedrunning wise like they did with Dark Souls 2 and 1 (1 let you skip half the game).

EDIT: "Is that Archdragon peak?" as he's exploring. Man, this game.

yeah I know, Any% or something. But I'm saying From will patch it, so people will have to do it unpatched in the future. DaS 2 you could skip a lot of the game too

RiggyRob

You don't remember what happened to her?

Iosefka? Yeah I remember - (Bloodborne spoilers)
she's experimented on and replaced by a fake.

Seems a bit of stretch for FROMSoft to pull that one again, but I'm just keeping High Priestess Emma in my mind as someone who is probably more than meets the eye.

Soulhouf

On a side note I went back doing co-op in Bloodborne and the summoning is so quick. It takes literally 2-3 seconds between when the message pops up and you find yourself in the host's world. No loading, no error message bullshit.
I wish the developers applied the improvements they made in BB to DS3 in that regard.

I understand the summon sign system has the concurrent access problem that results to error messages but the summing speed should be the same as the bell system in BB once it connects. There is no excuse.

krioto

Area you are doesn't matter. The covenant pulls you to whatever area it wants.

You''re gonna have to wait a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time if you want to max the covenant with 0 farming.

Seriously, it's better to farm + have the covenant equipped waiting for auto-summons.

Hmm - maybe, but I got summoned 3 times last night in 30 minutes (playing through NG++), so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Also - the Farron greatsword is awesome

Got up to Vordt, died. It's probably not best to play a Souls game on an empty stomach. Running around with a +3 Uchigatana. I wonder if I should level up the Rapier I just got, how's the Lucerne? Also got a Halberd.

Tarkus

Got up to Vordt, died. It's probably not best to play a Souls game on an empty stomach. Running around with a +3 Uchigatana. I wonder if I should level up the Rapier I just got, how's the Lucerne? Also got a Halberd.
You must have been farming like crazy to get a +3 weapon when you're only at the High Wall. Lucerne is good. All thrust damage so it works great with the Leo Ring, which you'll get later. It has good reach and a great skill attack. The plain Halberd is just ok. There are better options in the class, same with the Rapier.

You must have been farming like crazy to get a +3 weapon when you're only at the High Wall. Lucerne is good. All thrust damage so it works great with the Leo Ring, which you'll get later. It has good reach and a great skill attack. The plain Halberd is just ok. There are better options in the class, same with the Rapier.
I'm not going to say I'm farming, but I have been dying a bit, got a bit lucky with drops too. I'm running a Dex build and haven't really checked the weapon stats on the Lucerne. I think I have 14 strength and like 17 dex. Those decent stats for the Lucerne?

Tarkus

I'm not going to say I'm farming, but I have been dying a bit, got a bit lucky with drops too. I'm running a Dex build and haven't really checked the weapon stats on the Lucerne. I think I have 14 strength and like 17 dex. Those decent stats for the Lucerne?
You need 15 STR and 13 DEX to wield it. If you don't want to dump anymore points into STR, there's a halberd weapon in the next area that's probably superior to most of the early halberds. Also, Greirat sells a really good halberd called the Glaive for 3500 and it's a vicious weapon. You need 17 STR for it though. Many of the halberds scale poorly, so I wouldn't worry too much about pumping stats for them at this point.

Mistel

Banned
Decent enough its not at a level where stats matter much with the double D scaling which it maintains through several upgrades. Like Sourshoes says there are other option which you may prefer.

How do I free Greirat? I found him, but not the key or do I just have to talk to the guy? Sounds like I get better dex based weapons soon enough. I have a Rapier, just don't use those usually.

Tarkus

How do I free Greirat? I found him, but not the key or do I just have to talk to the guy? Sounds like I get better dex based weapons soon enough. I have a Rapier, just don't use those usually.
Run down from the Tower on the Wall bonfire, down past the knight, go through doorway on the level with two dagger undeads. Keep going forward to go down the ladder and toward the rooftop where the undead transforms into snake head. Run past and down ladder. Go into next room with the spear Lothric Knight. Run past him and into the doorway and down the hall and next set of stairs. Now you're in a room where downstairs is 2 greataxe undead, 1 Halberd undead, and 2 dogs. Lure them out one at a time. The key is down a dead end stairway in this room. Explore the area well because there is great loot in here. Bust all the boxes and look around.

GulAtiCa

And... Platinum! Strangely didn't that long to get those last 15 proofs. Like 3 hours. Maybe I just got lucky, but at least that is all over with.

wiibomb

Hi everyone, I got to finish the game in a media blackout! First time I did that.

But now I have a problem, I'm trying to farm the "proof of a concord kept" but I need the Symbol of Avarice.. I checked, double checked, TRIPLE checked every location of all the 13 mimics and I never got the helm, is there any kind soul who could donate it to me? May be someone who already got the platinum and don't need it anymore? I'm on PS4

Man, it feels like there are only 6 weapons in the game judging by what people use in pvp. Weapons need more variety.

Does the Lucerne with Leo ring stay competitive in pvp at higher levels or should I just use Gundyr's or BK glaive like everyone else.

It sucks, I was having fun with the Partizan until I realized how easy it is to parry.

Hi everyone, I got to finish the game in a media blackout! First time I did that.

But now I have a problem, I'm trying to farm the "proof of a concord kept" but I need the Symbol of Avarice.. I checked, double checked, TRIPLE checked every location of all the 13 mimics and I never got the helm, is there any kind soul who could donate it to me? May be someone who already got the platinum and don't need it anymore? I'm on PS4

I got minimal things spoiled for me from the media. A pretty big spoiler got spoiled to me by a cunt friend of mine. Stupid ass.

If you were on PC I would have gladly given you one of my six :[

Tarkus

Man, it feels like there are only 6 weapons in the game judging by what people use in pvp. Weapons need more variety.

Does the Lucerne with Leo ring stay competitive in pvp at higher levels or should I just use Gundyr's or BK glaive like everyone else.

It sucks, I was having fun with the Partizan until I realized how easy it is to parry.
It's pretty good at SL120. I got my ass stomped with it during the last GAF fight club, but typically it's competitive. You don't see it much compared to the others you've mentioned. Gundyr's is incredibly easy to parry because it's frequently used and most people fight the same with it. BK Glaive has lost its popularity for sure but still fairly viable.

I get wins with the Partizan often. You gotta focus on utilizing the R2s with their super wide hit boxes. Very good for roll catching. Mix up the timing by charging them frequently. I went 3-1 with the Partizan in the last club.

The reason I'm mentioning the club so much is I'm hoping another is organized for this weekend :)

Dunkelgrau

I hope that in my case an answer will be possible without spoilers.

Question to the end of the second area (elevator):

I somehow managed that the elevator had brought me to the top of the tower. I made friendship with the big dude. But since then the elevator drives only to the basement. I want to go up again!

Top Bottom