• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Tarkus

Terrible reach too. And it's weapon skill is no good for PvP either. It's too slow and has zero hyper armor. It's supposed to land a head shot and stun, but the weapon is too slow to take advantage of the stun.

Tarkus

4th boss down with my qualty mage -- Dancer -- SL42, +4 Raw Astora Straight Sword. 10 tries, palms sweating. I don't know how SL1 people do it. I guess you have to make a perfect run.

kaos.

4th boss down with my qualty mage -- Dancer -- SL42, +4 Raw Astora Straight Sword. 10 tries, palms sweating. I don't know how SL1 people do it. I guess you have to make a perfect run.

Naaaah, you can make a lot of mistakes even at SL1... just like I did:

https://youtu.be/qqoofdJYrqk

I fought pretty badly, especially during the second phase, but keeping my HP always full made me win the battle.

Tarkus

I fought pretty badly, especially during the second phase, but keeping my HP always full made me win the battle.
Doesn't look like too many mistakes to me. You got hit 3 or 4 times max. She drained all 10 of my estus, and I have way more health. I'm sloppy as fuck against the engine. How many tries did it take you?

Speaking of scythes, last night I had a host two shot me with a great corvian scythe! I have no idea how they did so much damage because it wasn't buffed and I'm pretty sure I wasn't even in sweet spot range. I had over 1200 HP and it disappeared in a second.

Tarkus

Being that I'm absolutely no match for the rapier Outrider Knight at SL45, I got him to chase me up the stairs and across the middle path, right into the dragons' fire burning his ass up. Lol, cheese. Free rapier and twinkling titanite x3.

Why did they give us pajama shorts when we're nakeed :(? I miss our old outfit. Also what's with the rope? It disappears if you wear rags, so why is it there when we're not naked?

They fixed the butt glitch, I have nothing to live for in PvP anymore </3

kaos.

Being that I'm absolutely no match for the rapier Outrider Knight at SL45, I got him to chase me up the stairs and across the middle path, right into the dragons' fire burning his ass up. Lol, cheese. Free rapier and twinkling titanite x3.

Ahahah GG!!
i hate them too and i'm still thinking to a way to cheese the one in the grand archives.
Dealing with them is one of the most boring things in this game...

Hey atleast you beat the dancer at soul level 1! I am prob too scrubbie to do that right now :(
Yo Souls fans, sorry for being a bit off-topic this once but check this out, you should enjoy this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1236181
Looks interesting will def check it out whenever I have time :)

Has anyone tried to get all three endings in one playthrough by using the upload save data trick similar to the one from Bloodborne? Does it work?

Has anyone tried to get all three endings in one playthrough by using the upload save data trick similar to the one from Bloodborne? Does it work?

I helped someone do the save data trick. He got all 3 endings.

The last 20 pages of this thread are 99% PVP talk. Bah.

Where is the DLC news?

I was really hoping for news regarding the DLC at E3. But nonetheless..atleast when there is new info about the DLC, the release date will be alot closer
hopefully :p

Lebneney

Banned
Does anyone know the negative effects of going hollow? I'm tempted to spend 70,000 souls to cure it rather than leveling up. Is there any upside or downside?

Does anyone know the negative effects of going hollow? I'm tempted to spend 70,000 souls to cure it rather than leveling up. Is there any upside or downside?

The negatives are:
You have no shadow when you have like 15 or 25 hollowing, you look like beef jerky, and you only get to summon one phantom to co-op with.

Did you upload it to the cloud?

Yes he uploaded his save file to cloud and made sure there is the auto save uploader was disable. You want a save file before the final boss which you have given the
Firekeeper's eyes to the firekeeper and do Yuria of Londor questline. Upload that save and make sure it doesnt get overwritten in any way. Kill the final boss and interacting with the bonfire should give you the usurper ending. Download the save file, kill the final boss and summon the firekeeper to get the end of fire ending. And finally you have to heal/get rid of the dark sigil by giving the insane X amount of souls to the firekeeper to piss Yuria of Londor off so you can get the normal ending. No idea if killing Yuria of Londor has any effect.

Ferr986

Speaking of scythes, last night I had a host two shot me with a great corvian scythe! I have no idea how they did so much damage because it wasn't buffed and I'm pretty sure I wasn't even in sweet spot range. I had over 1200 HP and it disappeared in a second.

Bleed? Corvian is good for Bleed builds.

Tarkus

Not bleed, just crazy damage.
https://fat.gfycat.com/LoathsomeDefenselessBass.webm

It was the Grim Reaper after all, that guy would definitely have an excellent scythe. I've never seen a scythe do so much damage though...
I can't explain what happened here. I thought that maybe he was using a shield that allows the weapon skill and hit you with a neck swipe, but that's a Target Shield. I don't see a buff on the weapon either. Hacking maybe?

Mistel

Banned
Wait that's good? I have one of those. No shards left though.
Its a decent spear really not the best in the world but totally viable.
I can't explain what happened here. I thought that maybe he was using a shield that allows the weapon skill and hit you with a neck swipe, but that's a Target Shield. I don't see a buff on the weapon either. Hacking maybe?
Most likely hacking you'd never get the AR high enough without buffs.

2AdEPT

Oh nice, thanks! I heard that there was a specific subplot that happens if I cure the Dark Sigil, am I right?

Subplot?, never cure hollow, there are too many advantages. Just use the ring if you dont like how you look. The "subplot" is the
main
plot.

Tarkus

How's pyro in pvp. Just got the gargoyle flame spear.
It's rarely seen with the exception of the occasional fireball. There is a cancerous way of playing that usually involves people spamming Flame Surge with an Estoc as the main weapon. It's very annoying to fight against this play style and so cheesy. Please don't go that route. A good pyro/melee build should be viable. Go for it. I'm sure I can speak for most people in saying that some build variety in PvP is much needed. So much meta now.

Oh, and there's this pyro grab spell that hurts really bad. Look into that.

It's rarely seen with the exception of the occasional fireball. There is a cancerous way of playing that usually involves people spamming Flame Surge with an Estoc as the main weapon. It's very annoying to fight against this play style and so cheesy. Please don't go that route. A good pyro/melee build should be viable. Go for it. I'm sure I can speak for most people in saying that some build variety in PvP is much needed. So much meta now.

Yeah, it's pretty stale out there. People aren't using miracles/magic/pyro for a reason though.

I'd given up at the Dancer but this inspired me to give it another go, hadn't thought about using the flame ring.

I always find her way more aggressive in the first phase though, like she comes for me immediately as I walk through the door. I think it might be to do with buffing inside the boss room rather than out(?)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

You got bled out. That scythe with a luck build inflicts so much bleed.

Edit: or not

Mistel

Banned
Subplot?, never cure hollow, there are too many advantages. Just use the ring if you dont like how you look. The "subplot" is the
main
plot.
It is a subplot not the main plot, you can complete the game without it ergo it is not the main plot.
How's pyro in pvp. Just got the gargoyle flame spear.
You could easily go Quality/Pyro with the Gargoyle flame spear but realistically if you wanted to use them the INT/FTH scaling contributes little to the damage on them weapon wise.
Plus there's the option to go Pyro/FTH with the right equipment which would give you lots of versatility if a bit heavy on the FP consumption.

Oh nice, thanks! I heard that there was a specific subplot that happens if I cure the Dark Sigil, am I right?

There's a small subplot that gets you the ability to cure the Dark Sigil, but doing so
does not unlock any new subplot to the game, it puts you back on track towards playing the story normally.

Hollycat

new game++++ begin.
ive actually been surprised that the last two playthroughs were easier than ng. i expect thatll change now that im starting with all my big stat changes already done and my 4 main weapons maxed out. my damage cant increase much, so from now on ill have to worry about skill

Tarkus

Yesterday I learned there's another spot to safely hack away at the dragons in Lothric Castle. Go to the left at DA's fog gate and up the ladder to the rooftops. Kill the 2 crossbow guys and greataxe hollow. The white dragon's claw is there gripped to the roof. Swing away! It's probably not that useful, but just another neat thing I never knew about. I learn something new every playthrough.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
My Luck Build Character

4ed94JA.jpg

The Luck Build with Anri's sword is freaking sick. The bleed procs are so high. 2 hits is all it takes for some enemies too. I just steam rolled NG+7 bosses with it.

Did you guys know the Hornet Ring doesnt work on bosses?

I actually didn't know this...I had a spare slot for rings and put it down thinking I'd do more counter-damage...damn you Fromsoooooooooooooooooooooooooft!

new game++++ begin.
ive actually been surprised that the last two playthroughs were easier than ng. i expect thatll change now that im starting with all my big stat changes already done and my 4 main weapons maxed out. my damage cant increase much, so from now on ill have to worry about skill

What? You found NG++ easier than NG what in the flipping turdsicles?

Oh no you fucking didn't

Clearly not. Bleed bar doesn't even get filled 1/4th.
SEE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE, STARK!

Top Bottom