• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

neoism

Omg...so I'm doing my -165 damage absorption invasions. This one guy wouldn't attack me...not once :|. I ended up killing him, he only needed to hit me once to kill me lol.

Edit: Lol so since I'm a sunbro my invasion sign is yellow. Some guy summoned me and had a red attacking him. I went up and BS'd the host. Should I feel bad? Only after I was putting my sword through his spine did I think "what if he thought I was a helpful Sunbro?"

Edit edit: 99% of us are guilty of this: https://tapastic.com/episode/379719 lol

lol funny these are the only geems i seem to care about 100%ing

The Blue Sentinels are really badly implemented. When I get summoned, half the time I'm summoned either too far away from the invader and host, or I get summoned too late and the host or invader are already dead.

It takes too long for the game to pull in a blue bro. Getting through the "You are being summoned" text boxes takes 15 seconds (this needs to be shortened), then there's another 15 seconds of a loading screen. There's probably some matchmaking time involved too.

poodpick

The Blue Sentinels are really badly implemented. When I get summoned, half the time I'm summoned either too far away from the invader and host, or I get summoned too late and the host or invader are already dead.

It takes too long for the game to pull in a blue bro. Getting through the "You are being summoned" text boxes takes 15 seconds (this needs to be shortened), then there's another 15 seconds of a loading screen. There's probably some matchmaking time involved too.

You should be summoned to an Aldritch faithful's world even if they're unembered and the boss is dead.

I made it to the last boss but he is hard and I really wanted to explore this game in some other ways before I beat it the first time.

Started a New Game as a Knight. Way easier than my first game with a pyromancer. Starting equipment makes a lot of difference!

Also I tried a New Game as Deprived. This feels the opposite - like Hard Mode! Very cool.

My main inspiration for doing these New Games was I am trying to follow Seigmeyer's quest line and I goofed up and got him killed in the Profane Capitol. I am really enjoying it so I want to see it the whole way through... I don't mind playing all the way through this game again, it's awesome!

poodpick

Now I've seen everything. A hacking darkmoon. Why.

Also what is the point of ganking with 5 players? It's already ridiculously hard to win against 3 how is it fun to instantly kill invaders.

kaos.

Underneath the creaky bridge in the catacombs, I see a swampy floor with items in it. How do I go there?

As soon as you arrive in the smouldering lake (where the ballista fires at you), turn right and hug the wall until you'll find a passage between the rocks.

EDIT: But, yes, as Cat Party said,
you have to break the bridge first.

2AdEPT

Well fuhhhh too late now... maybe during my second run T_T

Oh then, maybe all hope is not lost.
Too bad for Yuria ... might use the Darkdrift though.

Dark
drift
is < what you would have got had you left her alive (which is shame really I really liked it in DS2, but this game its ass and I dont mean astora straight sword.)...but like you said..next time! ;) As soon as I found out what the real prize was I started a new character...caught up to speed within a couple hours.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Ugh, so the grave wardens can damage invaders (without a seed active), kind of like the crabs and the giants.

Come on... like we needed that :/

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Great video, I love this sort of stuff.

How are you finding the curved sword for parrying? I tried to make it work and just could not get it to work reliably, unlike small shields and fist weapons.

Heh, I just laughed when the phantom went right in front of that window. I'm like... thanks? xD

It's not that great for parrying I guess, but I have to use a small sword or dagger for role-play reasons, you see... :)

You know, a full 60FTH build is quite powerful, even with sunlight tulisman. Aldritch didn't had a chance. Need to think of a proper weapon to accompany it, ASS is good but need something with more range.

I had to drop the sword spear but it was worth it.

You know, a full 60FTH build is quite powerful, even with sunlight tulisman. Aldritch didn't had a chance. Need to think of a proper weapon to accompany it, ASS is good but need something with more range.

Astora Straight Sword is your best bet for a Raw infused weapon but there are a bunch of weapons that get A or S scaling when infused with Lightning that you could take a look at. Someone on reddit listed them all here.

Edit: I should mention that A or S scaling doesn't instantly make the weapon great, but it'll at least give you some ideas.

Matt Frost

I need a favor... Can someone who has the ring that Wolves of Farron gives at level 30 give it to me for a couple of seconds until it triggers the achievement? Then I will give it back. Send me a PM and we can set it up. PS4. I will be able to log in in 2.5 hours and could leave work for a minute if you have to do it now. Please.

Are you sure? I've never heard of this and it isn't on the wiki.

I do more parrys with Luck than without it (Respec). A friend who played every From game told me and I agree.

Mistel

Banned

You should try the Lothric Knight Sword or the Astora Greatsword they've got good movesets coupled with S FTH scaling for lightning. Blessed caps out at A scaling there's nothing with S rank scaling for it as far as I'm aware although its not able to be buffed its not got split damage so it might be worth to bare it in mind.

As soon as you arrive in the smouldering lake (where the ballista fires at you), turn right and hug the wall until you'll find a passage between the rocks.

EDIT: But, yes, as Cat Party said,
you have to break the bridge first.

I completely missed that. Thanks.

Matt Frost

Is Orbeck really gone if you don't give him any scroll after beating 4 bosses?

It's not true at all there's no relation between luck and I frames, plus its parry frames not I frames which determine parries.

Well, I do better at parrying with luck than without any luck... somehow.

I freaking hate Champion Gundyr on NG++ two hits and I lose 75% of my health despite having nearly 40% damage absorption and like 40 VIG. Doesn't help that when I press b my character decides to linger around so I get a foot to the face.

Cat Party

Astora Greatsword has incredible scaling.

But I used the Dark Sword with my faith build.

I freaking hate Champion Gundyr on NG++ two hits and I lose 75% of my health despite having nearly 40% damage absorption and like 40 VIG. Doesn't help that when I press b my character decides to linger around so I get a foot to the face.

He is simple just Havel's Greatshield +5 him.

He killed me like 8 times in NG+0 and zero times in NG+1/ NG+2..

poodpick

Raw (or whatever infusion gives you the best physical damage) Glaive, Lightning (or whatever gives you the best phys damage) Astora Greatsword

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Lag in PvP Gone Wrong, pt. 2: Running Estus Edition!

http://webmshare.com/play/1OMyL
http://webmshare.com/play/RA3JA

This made me laugh so much. Completely unplayable, but at least I got some hilariously goofy animations out of it.

Video of the rest of the fight here (with some nice skating and teleporting as a bonus):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QVjqn7Q7uk

I have to say, even with Demon's Souls Anti-Magic Field going on, I don't think I've ever had such unplayable PvP in the other games. How is the netcode so much worse this time around?

Here's another short (30 sec) example I had the other day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDfBMy3QEO4

Edit: this kind of lag spike also occurs pretty often whenever a summoned player (or darkmoon, or 2nd invader) is joining, but it's usually temporary; in this case, the whole fight was like that, without any player. Running Estus Champ was probably a Japanese player, but still!

Kieli

i have a feeling some boss attack animations lock your character into place

I swear theres a few times ive pressed dodged at the perfect moment, but i get whupped by the boss's attack

So I get almost zero titanite drops in the early parts of the game but then RNG manages to give me two of these in one playthrough...
double_chest_boyz_by_realghostvids-da79su8.jpg

I need a favor... Can someone who has the ring that Wolves of Farron gives at level 30 give it to me for a couple of seconds until it triggers the achievement? Then I will give it back. Send me a PM and we can set it up. PS4. I will be able to log in in 2.5 hours and could leave work for a minute if you have to do it now. Please.

I do more parrys with Luck than without it (Respec). A friend who played every From game told me and I agree.
I can Friday.

2AdEPT

Yay! ENB's latest video is post-commentary with no sped up voice and no awful rap music edited in (yet).

but almost zero progress....did he really have to kill every mob on the way to the Chapel???!! There were only two items on the way there..get them and move on! At this rate we'll be watching him get his platinum in 2017!

So my PS4 bricked on me after 6 months of owning it and i just got it replaced yesterday. I downloaded my cloud saves and it looks like some of my games never saved onto the cloud for what ever reason and DS3 was one of them.

I got to
Anor Londo
before my PS4 died and now having to start the entire game again is not something i'm looking forward to doing.

Is there quick route to get back to where i was? Shortcuts, bosses or areas to avoid etc

I just can't be arsed putting another 30 hours into the game all over again just to get back to where i was.

:-(

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
but almost zero progress....did he really have to kill every mob on the way to the Chapel???!! There were only two items on the way there..get them and move on! At this rate we'll be watching him get his platinum in 2017!
Easy solution to this boredom:
don't watch.

Top Bottom