• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Lothric Castle was a nightmare. 4 vs me ganks constantly

Yeah, it seems that every other invasion there's a 3-4 man squad waiting for you. I always try to lure out fake Smough to even the odds, but the host usually drops a seed when I do.

Managed to actually invade Morrigan there though. Almost got me with the Demon's Fist, first time I've actually fought someone using them.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah, it seems that every other invasion there's a 3-4 man squad waiting for you. I always try to lure out fake Smough to even the odds, but the host usually drops a seed when I do.

Managed to actually invade Morrigan there though. Almost got me with the Demon's Fist, first time I've actually fought someone using them.
Fake Smough?

And yeah I recall an Elysium, hmm. Was that when I was a phantom? There was a second invader at some point, I think it was you, and yeah we got overwhelmed haha. Fists suck for PvP :(

Fake Smough?

And yeah I recall an Elysium, hmm. Was that when I was a phantom? There was a second invader at some point, I think it was you, and yeah we got overwhelmed haha. Fists suck for PvP :(

The big Winged Knight that drops down to the right of the stairs. They don't look much alike, but it still reminds me of a skinnier Smough.

And yeah, you were a phantom when I invaded, I was the big hat mage. There was already an invader waiting around when I got there.

Edit: It was easy to see the Dark Sword nerf as well. After you were gone, the invader was just spamming R1 all over the and barely hit the host. They must have fixed the phantom range.

Soulhouf

A friend invited me to a naked fight club last night (no weapons, throwing items or outfit allowed) and it was crazy fun.
I had no idea bare fist attacks could do enough damage to be viable.
At first I thought it was because all people were naked so the defense is very low, so I tried it against Lothric Knights at NG+(>6) and it worked! I was able to kill the red eye ones before 2 princes in 1 stamina bar.
Do we know how bare fists damage scale? I have 36 str and 34 dex.
I think I'm going to do a Jo Yabuki run to see how it goes.

Edit: Also you can parry with your left bare hand when you don't have any weapon equipped, which I found very interesting.

yamo

Installed my Asus Geforce GTX 1070 and the game don't work anymore. Anybody else have the same problem with the new Nvidia graphics cards?

LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3HPkXHxS_s

ThePruld is my favourite. Also, do yourselves a favour and watch this too, fair warning hearts may shatter...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DGe4RtPmWw

After a long break I finally started playing Dark Souls 3 again last week. I'm now at the G
rand
A
rchives
. Could you guys give me a ballpark figure how far I am?
Also I've been playing as a Dex character and I've pretty much been rolling with my Katana since the beginning of the game. Any good Dex weapons that could replace it?

Very end-game...I'd say like 85% done?

Installed my Asus Geforce GTX 1070 and the game don't work anymore. Anybody else have the same problem with the new Nvidia graphics cards?

What do you mean it doesn't work? Like you get tons of FPS drops, the game doesn't launch, you have a black screen when it launches, etc?

Try with other games and see if they work, if they also don't work then something is wrong with your GPU. If they work maybe just try verifying the cache of Dark Souls III? Backup your saves before you do anything to your game though, you wouldn't want to lose those precious saves.

Did you properly uninstalled previous drivers?

I know a lot of problems people have when they change cards stems from that. Better star woth basics before going about other possible solutions.

yamo

l]
What do you mean it doesn't work? Like you get tons of FPS drops, the game doesn't launch, you have a black screen when it launches, etc?

Try with other games and see if they work, if they also don't work then something is wrong with your GPU. If they work maybe just try verifying the cache of Dark Souls III? Backup your saves before you do anything to your game though, you wouldn't want to lose those precious saves.

Sometimes the game don't start at all and I get a black screen and need to reboot the computer. Sometimes I get to the start menu but the game crashes when I try to start it from the menu. Every now and then I get an out of memory error.

All games have worked so far except Dark Souls 3. Have tried verifying cache, re-install of the game but nothing works.

Did you properly uninstalled previous drivers?

I know a lot of problems people have when they change cards stems from that. Better star woth basics before going about other possible solutions.

I have uninstalled the old nvidia driver (although it was the exact same driver for my GTX 670).

Tarkus

If anybody wants to get together tonight, I'll be around. I'm staying in this holiday weekend because drunk drivers will be everywhere.

Sometimes the game don't start at all and I get a black screen and need to reboot the computer. Sometimes I get to the start menu but the game crashes when I try to start it from the menu. Every now and then I get an out of memory error.

All games have worked so far except Dark Souls 3. Have tried verifying cache, re-install of the game but nothing works.

I have uninstalled the old nvidia driver (although it was the exact same driver for my GTX 670).

Hmm, okay so it's likely not a faulty GPU. All other games run at 60FPS?

When you reinstalled did you do custom install and check the clean installation box?

yamo

I changed the size of the virtual memory paging file in the system settings, now it works! Dunno why I have to do this just because I swapped GPU, feels like 8GB of RAM should be enough, right?

Anyway, it works now and that's what matters. :3

I came back to a WIP dark pyro character and without thinking I killed Cornyx for his armour. Is there any other way to upgrade my pyro flame or am I going to have to get someone to drop me a +10 one?

I'm on PC so there's also Cheat Engine but I'm not sure how safe that is in this game.

wiibomb

these covenant items are extremely hard to get..

may be it is because I suck at pvp

I need the Wolf's Ring for the ring trophy, right?

30 of those Swordgrass, right? I don't even know how to start, everytime I get in another world I get swarmed by a gang of players to kill me

30 of those Swordgrass, right? I don't even know how to start, everytime I get in another world I get swarmed by a gang of players to kill me

Yea you need it, and yeah it's 30.

Many people like to gank there so it might be a bit difficult, iirc the auto-summon areas have two people summoned to protect the area so just wait it out for your buddy to get summoned.

If all else fails you could always farm the
three Ghuru near one of the bonfires in that area.
They drop swordgrass.

wiibomb

Yea you need it, and yeah it's 30.

Many people like to gank there so it might be a bit difficult, iirc the auto-summon areas have two people summoned to protect the area so just wait it out for your buddy to get summoned.

If all else fails you could always farm the
three Ghuru near one of the bonfires in that area.
They drop swordgrass.

but they are rare drops, aren't they?

If I have to do something similar to the Silver Knights and the Proofs of a concord kept (which I just finished), I'll just abandon the game..

I'm having problems with the Human Dregs and they are just 10

but they are rare drops, aren't they?

If I have to do something similar to the Silver Knights and the Proofs of a concord kept (which I just finished), I'll just abandon the game..

I'm having problems with the Human Dregs and they are just 10

Swordgrass has a pretty decent drop. Like every two-three runs I got one and I only had like 150 ID.

No leveling
Class equipment restriction
Death counter (goal is 0 deaths)
Live commentary

- That's from the description of the videos

Its weird his version is so much more casul now, than the original rules. Sold out for dat youtube viewing pleasure.

Old rules
#1 No leveling.
#2 With the exception of rings, only starting equipment.

#3 N/A

#4 No healing items during a boss battle. Clerics can cast heal with no restrictions.
#5 No entering new covenants. (For knight / cleric, Way of White is allowed.)
#6 No upgrading pyromancy flames.
#7 No summons.

Tarkus

Its weird his version is so much more casul now, than the original rules. Sold out for dat youtube viewing pleasure.

Old rules
#1 No leveling.
#2 With the exception of rings, only starting equipment.

#3 N/A

#4 No healing items during a boss battle. Clerics can cast heal with no restrictions.
#5 No entering new covenants. (For knight / cleric, Way of White is allowed.)
#6 No upgrading pyromancy flames.
#7 No summons.
218.png_large
:p

BeeDog

Haven't been playing this game much since I got the Platinum, but checked the patch notes for v1.09 today and saw that the Dark Sword has been nerfed, nooooo.

Has anyone tested to see by how much it's been nerfed? Thanks in advance.

Tarkus

Haven't been playing this game much since I got the Platinum, but checked the patch notes for v1.09 today and saw that the Dark Sword has been nerfed, nooooo.

Has anyone tested to see by how much it's been nerfed? Thanks in advance.
It lost around 20 AR on my quality build. Uses slightly more stamina, seems slower when spamming R1, and may have had its reach fixed. It's hard to tell about the reach though with lag at play.

norog

Wait for a covenant buddy and/or lure victims to the giant crabs. My personal favourite trick was to lure people to the ladder down to the swamp. It's amazing how many people don't seem to know that you can be kicked/punched off a ladder, never mind all the people so eager to get a kill that they fall in. I think I must have earned half my Swordgrass on that ladder. So good.

neoism

wow awesome patch didnt play for like two weeks.. still a shit load of signs at pontiff at lv 161 on ps4 😅 GS of judgement is awesome....

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Wtf is with the failed to summon crap. I can't summon or be summoned. I just want help with the damn Demon King and can't do crap.

Tarkus

I decided to slightly respec my quality build so I could get off of the Havel's Ring and Favor Ring dependence. I got my vitality up to 23 and man it feels so liberating to wear and equip whatever and not worry about fat rolling. On the other hand, I had to take 5 points out of dex and strength each, so now I'm stuck with Knight and Hunter Rings. Oh well. Still feels good to get my fashion game going now. I'm even wearing the Untrue Dark Ring so hosts can bask in the glory of Tarkus.

If only I could farm slabs :/

Noobcraft

Trying to do a SL1 run with the broken short sword. I'm definitely not good enough but it is helping me get good at parrying lol.

Tarkus

It's so dumb that a weapon like the Claymore's 2 handed rolling R1 poke comes out 3 times slower than a UGS, which does ridiculous damage and reaches across the room.

Ethelwulf

Hello Dark Souls Community. I just started the game. First "real" Souls game after Bloodborne. Beat the first boss (and the rolling freeze lizard) with a knight like a pro without getting hit. I'm already loving it. I'm going quality (higher dexterity) this time, any recommendations on stat allocation and weapons? Also, I notices that, after killing the first boss my HP went up and I'm kindled, what does this mean?
Thank you and good hunt... erm good travel!

Also, I notices that, after killing the first boss my HP went up and I'm kindled, what does this mean?
Defeating a boss makes you embered unless you already are embered. It increases your max HP until you next die and enables online co-op/invasions. A similar mechanic exists in all the previous games, this is closest to the one in Demon's Souls - a flat HP boost and online play enabling. You can also use the ember items yourself to the same effect.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yesterday my friend and I were invaded a few times by someone who was super laggy in the Grand Archives. At some point he invaded us while being.... completely invisible. It wasn't the obscuring ring or Hidden Body, as we both locked on to him and fought him at close range and he was still invisible (and Hidden Body eventually expires anyway).

In the earlier invasions he was just really laggy, teleporting/skating/delayed hits/etc., but the invisibility thing was just super weird. He was invisible to both me and my friend.

Are hackers coming to the PS4 now? :(

Anyone made a decent Bloodborne Hunter build?
I think I invaded a "Hunter" something a while back, that wore Leonhard's hat and used a whip and crossbow. I thought it was probably a Bloodborne reference haha.

Ferr986

Yesterday my friend and I were invaded a few times by someone who was super laggy in the Grand Archives. At some point he invaded us while being.... completely invisible. It wasn't the obscuring ring or Hidden Body, as we both locked on to him and fought him at close range and he was still invisible (and Hidden Body eventually expires anyway).

In the earlier invasions he was just really laggy, teleporting/skating/delayed hits/etc., but the invisibility thing was just super weird. He was invisible to both me and my friend.

I don't think it's hackers but that shit happened to me once. On the dungeon, this guy keeps hitting us while invisible, at first I though it was the ring but we cornered him and still he was invisible. Like you, locking onto him and shit, and the invasion lasted a while.

Massa

Someone invaded me near the end boss once, which is fine and all... but then they actually sent me a PSN message, even though I have the game set to display my character name. They event sent me a screenshot of their game with my PSN name on top of my character.

I think I invaded a "Hunter" something a while back, that wore Leonhard's hat and used a whip and crossbow. I thought it was probably a Bloodborne reference haha.

I've had that happen to me before, it could just be a glitch. Unless his was invisible multiple times I don't think it's hacking.

Someone invaded me near the end boss once, which is fine and all... but then they actually sent me a PSN message, even though I have the game set to display my character name. They event sent me a screenshot of their game with my PSN name on top of my character.

When you set your game to character name only, it's only you that sees other people as their character names. If they have it set to PSN name, they see your PSN regardless of what you chose.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
They might also see your PSN through "Players Met", but that feature, which worked fine on the PS3, is completely borked on the PS4 and I don't know why... -_-

Top Bottom