• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

I like that Greatsword of Judgement is getting buffed. Assuming it's any good, I might switch to it from the MLGS.

Edit: eh, just checked and the movesets are exactly the same. Even both weapon arts on the GoJ are the same as the L2 and R2 on the MLGS. Might only switch if the AR difference is significant.

Prepare to see the Black Knight Greatsword everywhere in PvP in the next few days. It has a true 3 hit combo that can do 1600+ damage. The news is making the rounds. Two-handed R1 into an unlocked fully charged R2 that hits on the back swing when facing away from the opponent and can be aimed 180 degrees for the forward swing that launches. Unparryable too, fuck me.
annoying music warning

Just pulled this on a guy named "DKS2 > DKS1"

SERZBER.jpg

Tarkus

No, I got a couple of hits before that, but it would have killed him I think, or very close.
I want to try it really bad. Unfortunately I'm out of slabs on one build and the other build couldn't use this weapon because of stats and weight. Maybe I can find a nice person with a save backup who would drop me one at +5.

Played some more with my cancer build:

Man, the Gotthard's Twinswords are so good. I already knew it from fighting against them, but now I'm actually getting to use them. I'm doing way better in PvP. Add a greatshield (I'm still using Yhorm's) and you can handle pretty much anything, even Dark Sword spam. The greatshield allows you to safely circle people and punish them for mistakes. I killed 2 invaders with backstabs after they tried to parry me. The Estoc is definitely really good too; the weapon skill is fantastic at finishing people off, especially since people expect you to R1 spam with it. I mainly use the Estoc for finishing people off. The Gotthard's just have a way more fun moveset.

Wat? That shit already hurts :(

Wat?

Is does like 300 dmg on my 60FTH build, is totally shit considering how long is the animation (your enemy can drink a cup of tea and still have enough time for a backstab), I don't care it cost that little FP. Is garbage as now.

I want to try it really bad. Unfortunately I'm out of slabs on one build and the other build couldn't use this weapon because of stats and weight. Maybe I can find a nice person with a save backup who would drop me one at +5.

Luckily one of my characters on PC had a +5. TBH took me a few tries, my brain always goes R1 after getting a R1 hit, so I had to adjust for a bit lol.

UGS Revengeance, I'm gonna use it until it gets nerfed.

dat name ��

IKR

Felt good owning him, stay losing DKS2!!!

Wat?

Is does like 300 dmg on my 60FTH build, is totally shit considering how long is the animation (your enemy can drink a cup of tea and still have enough time for a backstab), I don't care it cost that little FP. Is garbage as now.

Luckily one of my characters on PC had a +5. TBH took me a few tries, my brain always goes R1 after getting a R1 hit, so I had to adjust for a bit lol.

IKR

Unno someone used it on me once and shit melted my face. MOVING ON!

At first when I read they were increasing the distance for obscuring ring I was like "o ffs! That shit already is ann-o wait...that means they have to be further AWAY which is a good thing! WOOHOO!"

I'm not sure what poise does, but I feel it helps a lot. If you gonna use heavy weapons you need wolf ring. Period.

That said BK Greatsword marvelous combo is not as awesome, second hit range is VERY SHORT, unlike the infamous glaive combo in which every hit had excellent range, to get the second hit with the UGS, oponents needs to be very near.

Basically it's quite limited, but yeah, if it hits is devastating.

The obscuring ring nerf makes me really sad, actually. It was completely unnecessary.

Getting hit by magic by invisible people made me buttmad

Welp, time to disable automatic patch download. I never even got a chance to get the hornet ring and its getting nerfed.

Dude hornets ring ruined people. It pretty much one-shot anyone. Hopefully they nerf it enough to still be viable though, I wouldn't want it to be super useless, just not powerful enough to be a crutch.

Tarkus

Dude hornets ring ruined people. It pretty much one-shot anyone. Hopefully they nerf it enough to still be viable though, I wouldn't want it to be super useless, just not powerful enough to be a crutch.
Yeah, totally agree. I'm not sure how people have fun by ending a duel in 10 seconds.

Getting hit by magic by invisible people made me buttmad

I'm sure its warranted for PVP, i'm a PVE only player and just got the game one week ago so I wanted to see what the buzz was about.

Yeah, totally agree. I'm not sure how people have fun by ending a duel in 10 seconds.

I only have fun doing that when I do my reverse hacker play lol.

I'm sure its warranted for PVP, i'm a PVE only player and just got the game one week ago so I wanted to see what the buzz was about.

Ah, fair enough. The buss is mainly around PvP because people are upset it at one-shotting em. Not sure if it's used often in PvE and I don't think it affects bosses.

neoism

Wat?

IKR

lol nah ds2 is my fav one Kappa

well i think my game just bugged....

I reached Anor londo, and killed the boss Aldrich, but just as she casted the arrow rain skill, and it killed me after killing the boss, but a cutscene kicked in, saying that Lothric was on my hands or some shit, but then I just spawned dying in front of a dying woman.

Spawned on my last bonfire, went back to the boss room, and there is no path to reach there, and i dont see any new spot to teleport to... where is that woman? can i only reach there when the game teleported me? what can i do?

well i think my game just bugged....

I reached Anor londo, and killed the boss Aldrich, but just as she casted the arrow rain skill, and it killed me after killing the boss, but a cutscene kicked in, saying that Lothric was on my hands or some shit, but then I just spawned dying in front of a dying woman.

Spawned on my last bonfire, went back to the boss room, and there is no path to reach there, and i dont see any new spot to teleport to... where is that woman? can i only reach there when the game teleported me? what can i do?

She's in the building opposite the
Vordt
bonfire, over in High Wall of Lothric. The entrance is patrolled by two Lothric Knights, so you can't miss it.

2AdEPT

I don't even know what's going on in this video haha...tiny amount of health, hype rmode, weird body!? I have no clue what this all means sadly!

LOL. Hyper mode is a callback to Demon's souls where you start multiplying attack buffs and yet decrease your defense. You become a "glass cannon" i.e. you do incredible damage but are vulnerable as hell. Its a fun way to play for experienced players who enjoy the challenge of getting in quick before the enemy can get a shot in on you.

Things "going on" in the video:

Luck Build using anri's sword with 42 luck and in that video iirc 25 dex.
Morion blade in off hand gives 20% buff to attack power at lower than 20% health, hence the low HP in the video.

Same for REd tearstone ring

Fully hollow adds 5 points of luck for free

Flynn's ring adds what works out to ~10% more attack power at low equip load, hence no armour, (and you will be two shot with low health and denial on regardless so why worry about armour anyway.)

Dragon head stone gives 10% attack buff when charged (also gives a force effect which can repel knives in PVP) and raises some resistances while decreasing lightning resist
(dragons are weak to lightning in this game) - hence the dragon skin.

Denial miracle allows a second chance on life if you lose all your health which is particularly useful for low health hyper mode

Bleed gets more build up faster in enemies when you have a high luck stat so the carthus rouge is a good buff to use...you can see it helps destroy Aldrich quickly in the video.

wait...after re-watching did pontiffs eye actually help me with the successive attack damage?!?!? It looks like I did a strike there that was much higher damage toward the end despite at least one earlier bleed providing less....always thought pontiffs was useless so took it off.

Soulhouf

The issue isn't the ring itself, it's the fact that it's used with UGS, Great Axes and such for a great effect.

Make hornet ring only work with small weapons.
Problem solved.

The issue isn't the ring itself, it's the fact that it's used with UGS, Great Axes and such for a great effect.

Problem solved.
This has been a request I've seen (probably by your goodself!) since DS1, and I agree - make it work similar to the Leo Ring.

Problem solved.

I disagree, Heavy slow weapons, like UGS needs a defense against faster weapons, and that is the parry. Maybe hornet is too stronk, but also is a goodamn Goddard Twinswords that can take of you like 1/3 HP with a fucking roll into L1, with buffs and leo's ring and then you are like «why I have an UGS at all when I can have that at much less weight, faster, less stamina consumption and deceiving long reach» and the answer is «because If I can get a parry or a hit on that fucker he's done».

Parry are easy to punish, parries are unreliable and they aren't that useful against a smart player, but also is a deterrent for shitty spamming tactics and battle arts.

Maybe it shouldn't be a one hit kill, but the whole point of heavy weapons is hitting hard, so if get a parry on a stupid dork sword user I expect that he's gonna receive a lot of damage.

Top Bottom