• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Does anyone have any tips for beating Dancer with a big two handed strength weapon?
On my first playthrough dual wielding an Uchigatana and Shotel I beat her on my first or second go with no real trouble whatsoever, but when I last played with my second character (who was a bleed/hollow build with the bigass spiked mace with the spin to win button), I was having trouble for some reason. It's just annoying when I have trouble with a boss that I found easy on my original playthrough.

I can't remember my stats exactly because it's been a few months since I played, but it was her grab that was catching me out, combined with her eventual aggressiveness and the end lag on my moves.

Does anyone have any tips for beating Dancer with a big two handed strength weapon?
On my first playthrough dual wielding an Uchigatana and Shotel I beat her on my first or second go with no real trouble whatsoever, but when I last played with my second character (who was a bleed/hollow build with the bigass spiked mace with the spin to win button), I was having trouble for some reason. It's just annoying when I have trouble with a boss that I found easy on my original playthrough.

I can't remember my stats exactly because it's been a few months since I played, but it was her grab that was catching me out, combined with her eventual aggressiveness and the end lag on my moves.

I did it with the Fume(unfortunately after the nerf), basically I just had to keep an eye on stamina consumption. Don't get greedy. Time your dodges, and run away when she starts to do her spin. I also had on prisoners ring so I can still take some hits. I was around lvl 32 I think.

Sarcasm

Guys I really need help. My save got messed up (not even there) and my backups were ones I was doing:

q2dWhwA.png

NG+ 100% is really rushed, as in I skipped a lot of things to get the stuff I needed for 100%. Do I miss anything lore wise if I use this and do the DLC? Besides being in NG+ (Journey 2).

Other option is to choose Original - No Ending. Have to figure out how to get to end boss as this was backed up when you can branch off into three paths. I can't do unhollowed as without selling everything I can't pay the money - I don't know if it is worth it to figure out which ending and get to the end, then do the DLC.

I did it with the Fume(unfortunately after the nerf), basically I just had to keep an eye on stamina consumption. Don't get greedy. Time your dodges, and run away when she starts to do her spin. I also had on prisoners ring so I can still take some hits. I was around lvl 32 I think.

Thanks, I'll give it another go.

It's the fact that her grab is a one hit kill on me that's throwing me off. I always get flustered when I know a boss can one shot me.

Thanks, I'll give it another go.

It's the fact that her grab is a one hit kill on me that's throwing me off. I always get flustered when I know a boss can one shot me.

Yeah hate that grab, but you should be able to avoid that. Well, unless there is some lag.... Though that usually happens when co-oping.

KingKong

Is there an easy way to move my save to a new save? just copy and rename or something? I want to keep my current save but also try NG+

Sarcasm

Is there an easy way to move my save to a new save? just copy and rename or something? I want to keep my current save but also try NG+

Just go back it up from your roaming file in app data. When you go back, load up game hit load character > replace file > load save. It loads the one you put in.

Don't screw yea self like I did. Still waiting here figuring out which save is the one I wanted...

Yeah hate that grab, but you should be able to avoid that. Well, unless there is some lag.... Though that usually happens when co-oping.

If lag is another word for my incompetence, then yeah it's laggy :lol

I'll have to avoid my L2 or whatever button you press to do your weapon art, because I remember that she can grab me out of that, and while it's amusing, It won't help me beat her.

Ferr986

Onyx blade is really good on pyros!

I'm liking the DLC so far, but the difficulty is weird. Like regular goons die in 1-2 hits on NG+ yet these ninja crows are like friggin mini bosses.

Also wtf at the loot, new weapons and still get shitty titanite shards. Had to farm outside the DLC to get some good upgrading stones. Why is Miyazaki this scared on giving useful resources to players?

Anyways, anyone tried the miracle disc? can't seem to find much opinions yet about it.

Ferr986

Don't say that, I have a faith build that wants to use it.

It does absolutely shit damage. Like 120ish at 50 FTH to the DLC knights. I think it relies on the disc bouncing back to the enemies (it works like a boomerang) but 1) it takes a shit ton of time to bounce back so enemies will probably avoid it 2) it simply dissapear if it hits a wall before bouncing back.

Onyx blade is really good on pyros!

I'm liking the DLC so far, but the difficulty is weird. Like regular goons die in 1-2 hits on NG+ yet these ninja crows are like friggin mini bosses.

Also wtf at the loot, new weapons and still get shitty titanite shards. Had to farm outside the DLC to get some good upgrading stones. Why is Miyazaki this scared on giving useful resources to players?

Anyways, anyone tried the miracle disc? can't seem to find much opinions yet about it.

The DLC can be accessed before even midgame, it would broke the balance of the game for new players if suddenly titanite shards drops like candy.

Maxim726X

Question:

I want to see both endings if I give
the fire eyes and if I don't.

Will I get a chance to do both or will I be thrust into NG+? Should I make a backup of the save?

Question:

I want to see both endings if I give
the fire eyes and if I don't.

Will I get a chance to do both or will I be thrust into NG+? Should I make a backup of the save?

You can't do both on the same save. While you won't be forced into ng, you still beat the game. So to do both you will have to make a backup save. You could start the back up after the final boss, as the game doesn't force you to the ending at his death. Just don't touch the bonfire.

Ferr986

The DLC can be accessed before even midgame, it would broke the balance of the game for new players if suddenly titanite shards drops like candy.

Yeah I understand that. I think FROM should put these DLCs later, but at the same time is good for speedrunners.

Anyways, got to a boss
a dude with a wolf
. It was surprisingly easy, died only once. I mean, the
wolf
can be tricky but both have really low HP.

Also, I found an enemy
a lady tree that moved around instead of being just fixed. Dunno if it was intentional but she really reminded me to the "prototype" Bed of Chaos.

Belakor

Banned
Finished the DLC at around 3-4 hours,exploring almost everything and only missing an illusory wall with 2 items.

The DLC is really good while it lasts,but falls on the short side.The main boss fight is nice,but nothing mindblowing and the optional boss is kinda meh.

I'd rate it a 7.5/10.It's good while it lasts and I'd rate it higher if it was bigger,le'ts say around 5-6 hours. For everyone wanting more of what Dark Souls 3 is,I'd say buy it without hesitation.

mulac

Started a new character on PC (First time playing on PC) - got a pretty good rig: 16GB RAM, i5, MSI 6GB 1060GTX card...

Yet I am getting 30fps - used the GeForce Experience "Optimize" but the corner (through steam fps tracker) number never goes about 30 frames.

Am I doing something wrong? Where is that sweet 60fps I was promised?

Sarcasm

Started a new character on PC (First time playing on PC) - got a pretty good rig: 16GB RAM, i5, MSI 6GB 1060GTX card...

Yet I am getting 30fps - used the GeForce Experience "Optimize" but the corner (through steam fps tracker) number never goes about 30 frames.

Oddly making my pagefile 8gb gave me mine. Also some settings do nothing but hit your fps.

Pixieking

Banned

I don't usually use Geforce Experience's Optimise feature, so I may not be correct, but looking at the settings it changes for me, it may be worth turning it off and checking what frame rate you get. It's setting most things to Max (which, to be fair, your 1060 should be able to handle at 60fps), but it also sets an internal rendering resolution of 2715x1527 and then downscales to my monitor's res (1920x1080). I'd hazard a guess that that + all settings to Max is pushing the frame-rate down to below 60fps, and then maybe VSync is kicking-in and dropping down to 30fps to avoid screen-tearing.

Edit: You could customise settings on the DS3 Geforce Experience page, and manually set the desired resolution to 1920x1080 (assuming that's your monitor's res). That should help quite a bit.

It's also worth checking-out the Nvidia Control Panel, and having a look at the Vsync settings there. (Right mouse button on an empty area of Desktop, and it should give you a menu option for it). Also, do you have a GSync monitor?

mulac

I don't usually use Geforce Experience's Optimise feature, so I may not be correct, but looking at the settings it changes for me, it may be worth turning it off and checking what frame rate you get. It's setting most things to Max (which, to be fair, your 1060 should be able to handle at 60fps), but it also sets an internal rendering resolution of 2715x1527 and then downscales to my monitor's res (1920x1080). I'd hazard a guess that that + all settings to Max is pushing the frame-rate down to below 60fps, and then maybe VSync is kicking-in and dropping down to 30fps to avoid screen-tearing.

It's also worth checking-out the Nvidia Control Panel, and having a look at the Vsync settings there. (Right mouse button on an empty area of Desktop, and it should give you a menu option for it). Also, do you have a GSync monitor?

I will have the Asus 34'' Gsync 100mhz next week when its delivered to try it out there...at the moment I'm actually playing PC games on my 4k 65'' main tv in the lounge which granted has a refresh rate of 60 but still...its gotta be some dumb nvidia setting.

Everything is set to MAX but i'll see if Vsync is disabled...

la_briola

Do you have Xbox game dvr enabled? Maybe that's fucking you over.

I was watching a playthrough on youtube today and I saw someone use Undead Rapport from a distance and my mind was blown. For some reason I thought you had to be TOUCHING the enemy to land it!

I feel like a whole new world of possibilities has opened up to me as a lover of Souls cheese, I can't believe I didn't know this before! D:

I was watching a playthrough on youtube today and I saw someone use Undead Rapport from a distance and my mind was blown. For some reason I thought you had to be TOUCHING the enemy to land it!

I feel like a whole new world of possibilities has opened up to me as a lover of Souls cheese, I can't believe I didn't know this before! D:

Oh my sweet summer child. Rapport makes the game so much easier lol. Use it on those 3 golden winged knights for ultimate soul farming cheese.

Sullichin

Having a lot of fun with pyromancy PVP in the arena. With Chaos Thrall Axe as my backup

I like the new
Floating Chaos
pyromancy, pretty much replaced black serpent for me as I use it in the same way.

How does level matchmaking work in the arena? I'm ~105 and figure I might as well bring myself to 120.

Oh my sweet summer child. Rapport makes the game so much easier lol. Use it on those 3 golden winged knights for ultimate soul farming cheese.
lmao, great idea. I'm baffled that I've only come across this now. I've even used it tons in DS1, I just thought you had to touch them - d'oh!

njean777

Anybody on Xbox one wanna help me with the namless king? I cannot summon anybody for some reason... gamer tag is njean777

Laws00

So is this it for the DLC or are there more DLC coming in the future?

I'mma be kinda disappointed/sad if that is the case

neoism

So is this it for the DLC or are there more DLC coming in the future?

I'mma be kinda disappointed/sad if that is the case
No the season pass is two dlcs so one more as big if not bigger and with a damn year til release from the base game it better be bigger.... It's coming next year though.. Jan- March release

In DkS1 it was indeed a melee spell.
Ahhhhh, I don't feel quite so green now. I hadn't used it in DS3 so just expected it to work exactly the same way as it did in DS1. I knew I wasn't crazy, and at some point in the past I would've tested it in DS1 to see if it worked at distance.

So I need some help to spec my character. Until now I've always played either pure str or dex builds. But this time I decided to focus on my faith and inteligence (I got my faith to 19, then changed my mind and focused on my intelligence, which is now at 32)
I was planning on going pure sorcery, but I can't stand the charge times, even with the ring.

Anyway, I guess what I want to know is, can I take advantage of my relatively high inteligence/faith values into any good swords? my dex is 20 and I just bought the Dancers blades since her swords have a buffer for str/dex/int/faith.

Any help would be great. I fear I've focused too much into my magical attributes and very little into my endurance and vigor. I'm level 68 btw. Just beat Dancer.

Can anyone give me some tips with
Friede Pt. 3
. This is seriously nuts at this point. I'm only on NG, I'm freaking SL 106. I am trying to fight
her
with a str build, wearing all pontiff knight gear, the chillbite ring, and a greatshield. I'm using a +10 heavy dark sword, I just cannot get through
phase 3
. I don't have any idea what to do at this point, do I need a new weapon? I can get to that part with 13 estus charges, but even that doesn't matter. I either get two shotted, or drain them rapidly.

Sarcasm

1) No

2) Yes, mostly dialogue and some new lines from a specific npc in the base game.

Thanks, I lost my save but have backups of different situations.

None though of the one I want to use. I have one in NG+ that I just rushed and really only collected stuff I was missing to get 100%. Guess I have to use the one where I backed up before choosing an ending.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having a weird issue on PC where I get what seems like a hard freeze only when I exit the game. I exit the game and the screen just goes black, forcing me to hard reset.

Anyone else experience this issue or know of a fix? I played through the game multiple times at release and never experienced anything of the sort.

Top Bottom