• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Veelk

Banned
Do you feel like you have to kill every enemy in your way?

Once you've reached NG+, it's much easier to just run through areas all the way to bosses and pick up the +1/+2 version of items.

Oh yes, that's exactly why I play Souls games, so I can pick stuff up while running away from the enemies I'm supposed to be fighting.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as overly sarcastic, but this is just insanity to me. I'm supposed to run past the main game so I can pick up the stuff I want so I can play the main game in a preferable manner the next go around?

Look, just here me and my crazy idea out: What if we didn't have to do that? What if we could just get the stuff immediately, and play however we wanted? What if I didn't have to track down X amount of slabs through the far reaches of the game and could just equip whatever weapon I so happened to want to try out and it'd be appropriately leveled right away?

Because that's what we want, isn't it? To fight enemies with the best version of the weapon we choose to use?

I just don't understand why I would ever want to go through the hoops that the game sets up so I could get the stuff I want so I could play the game normally. Because that's what this is really about, I want to fight the enemies and the upgrades and stuff, they're the means of improving that experience. It's not the other way around where the enemies are the obstacles to keep you from the joy of looting upgrades, right?

So why wouldn't I want to cut the bullshit and just use a cheat to upgrade literally every weapon that I'm carrying and never have to worry about loot again?

RiggyRob

Oh yes, that's exactly why I play Souls games, so I can pick stuff up while running away from the enemies I'm supposed to be fighting.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as overly sarcastic, but this is just insanity to me. I'm supposed to run past the main game so I can pick up the stuff I want so I can play the main game in a preferable manner the next go around?

Look, just here me and my crazy idea out: What if we didn't have to do that? What if we could just get the stuff immediately, and play however we wanted? What if I didn't have to track down X amount of slabs through the far reaches of the game and could just equip whatever weapon I so happened to want to try out and it'd be appropriately leveled right away?

Because that's what we want, isn't it? To fight enemies with the best version of the weapon we choose to use?

I just don't understand why I would ever want to go through the hoops that the game sets up so I could get the stuff I want so I could play the game normally. Because that's what this is really about, I want to fight the enemies and the upgrades and stuff, they're the means of improving that experience. It's not the other way around where the enemies are the obstacles to keep you from the joy of looting upgrades, right?

So why wouldn't I want to cut the bullshit and just use a cheat to upgrade literally every weapon that I'm carrying and never have to worry about loot again?

That's the design decision of the game though, and I've complained about it myself in regards to NPC quests where you have to reset the area for changes to occur, and enemies come back. I agree there should be more options in being able to buy upgrade materials, but by the time you reach NG+ you should have several weapons that you like at +10, Bloodborne was more offensive in that regard.

Also, what is 'normally'? NG where you don't know where anything is and have to work your way through levels is the 'normal' way of playing. Once you know where everything is and how they work, the challenge is gone.

Veelk

Banned
That's the design decision of the game though, and I've complained about it myself in regards to NPC quests where you have to reset the area for changes to occur, and enemies come back. I agree there should be more options in being able to buy upgrade materials, but by the time you reach NG+ you should have several weapons that you like at +10, Bloodborne was more offensive in that regard.

Also, what is 'normally'? NG where you don't know where anything is and have to work your way through levels is the 'normal' way of playing. Once you know where everything is and how they work, the challenge is gone.

Well, first off, I have no problems whatsoever changing design decisions I disagree with and see no reason why any player shouldn't be able to mod their game to their whims. The very purpose of mods is to abandon the creator's design decisions in favor of something else. And there isn't any reason to discourage this practice as far as I see. As for having several weapons at +10, that's right. Several isn't all. What if I want to try out a weapon that I haven't upgraded to 10? Well, I just need to get through more htan half the game to do it. It's BS, and Bloodborne being worse in that area isn't an argument for it being good in DS3.

And obviously there is still challenge in the game if you are not a robot. You can still get careless, or not have played in a long time and had gotten your skills rusty, or just not have the honed reflexes to dodge every attack. I mean, I beat the Nameless King 1 time, but even if my skills and knowledge hadn't rusted at all, he's such a fast and furious opponent that I wouldn't be able to bet I could beat him consistently. If there was no challenge to a second playthrough, Souls games would only ever get one playthrough.

Edit: I decided to go and count the weapons I'd like to try and switch between as I play them. There are a total of 39 of them. Now that the DLC has been added, I can, at most, get 11 Slabs per playthrough.

I just don't see any reasonable argument that concludes I ought to just play through the game 4 times to get the slabs I need as opposed to just modding the game to get what I need.

Sarcasm

Guys remember ds1 F2P like grind? That shit was horrible.

Honestly I gave up on trying to up the weapon of choice and just learned to deal with it, cause screw grinding. If I wanted to grind I would play a F2P game.

Unless your want must things upgraded yea you going to have to grind. As that how it is in souls.

I skip mobs in NG+ as much as I can. Did the slow and steady in NG.

If I am in NG and my friend is NG+, we can't CoOp the boss right?

I think you can.

Can anybody confirm?

grmlin

I still can't think of a solution for this problem.

What should the game do? Give you an infinite amount of slabs because you beat the game? What would you want them to do in the late game to reduce the grind Veelk?

Grind dat white titanite chunk. Grind dem titanite slabs.

Grind dat pure bladestone.
Right, gotcha.

Yeah I guess you're right, it's grindy. Slabs I don't think should be overflowing any way, but certainly everything up to and including chunks should be purchasable by late game. They did rectify this in DS2/3, you can buy everything by the end. In DS3 there's something like 6-8 slabs just as loot right, and I remember in DS2 I would have tons more slabs than I ever needed on every character I made, it was kind of silly how easy it was to get slabs vs chunks.

Zocano

Right, gotcha.

Yeah I guess you're right, it's grindy. Slabs I don't think should be overflowing any way, but certainly everything up to and including chunks should be purchasable by late game. They did rectify this in DS2/3, you can buy everything by the end. In DS3 there's something like 6-8 slabs just as loot right, and I remember in DS2 I would have tons more slabs than I ever needed on every character I made, it was kind of silly how easy it was to get slabs vs chunks.

It is grindy but from someone who really doesn't give a shit about NG+ (since it's always so boringly tuned and 'designed') or PvP it doesn't affect me in the slightest.

I do agree that at a certain point, they should just let you buy slabs. Fuck it, what does it matter blocking out that last 50-something damage when you're SL 130+ and in NG++ or just bouncing between a dozen weapons for PvP.

Within NG progression, Bloodborne was good because it was a single bloodrock (pre-DLC) and difficult and/or hidden to find. And with Demon's Souls you basically have to luck into getting a +10 weapon. But that doesn't matter because the game is tuned to be beatable regardless.

But they're already so plentiful in DS2 and DS3. Why the fuck not just let you buy 'em after you down the final boss or enter NG+ or whatever.

Effect

So far I've made it to the Catacombs. Took out all the bosses up to that point I believe. I know there is another boss near Vordt but haven't done that though as I haven't been back to that area. Have to say I think the one that gave me the most trouble up to this point was the Crystal Sage because how it reappears in a random spot with all the other decoys being able to hit you and the gauntlet you have to run to get back to that fight. That's a big part of why I didn't take a summon with me into that fight. I took npc summons into Abyss Watchers (Sirris) and Deacons (Anri and Horace) though. Both cleared on the first try but the Watchers was really close at the end as I ran out of healing and magic refills and Sirris almost died. Deacons was just annoying and glad I had alluring skulls on me though. The others were done solo.

Feeling comfortable about progressing further now. Been trying to make sure I have everything in an area before hitting a boss and making sure my weapon is as upgraded as possible.

At a point gameplay time wise where I feel if I get to frustrated I can walk away. Steam shows 20 hours played and since I bought the game on sale I think I've passed the point where I feel I've gotten the purchase amount out of the game. Thankfully the game isn't causing the frustration that Dark Souls 1 did. None of the bosses so far seem "unfair" (giant trees get a pass because I expect some BS with stuff like that). More importantly I don't I feel like I'm fighting the controls. Or they're what is getting me killed. The throw more numbers approach to difficulty is very annoying though and I wish enemies didn't seem to have infinite stamina or magic.

Is there a downside of taking the free levels from Yoel? That makes you turn into a hollow like in the pass games from my understanding. Does the npc that replace Yoel still show up regardless if you don't take it?

laxu

Is there a downside of taking the free levels from Yoel? That makes you turn into a hollow like in the pass games from my understanding. Does the npc that replace Yoel still show up regardless if you don't take it?

Yuria doesn't appear if you don't get all the free levels from Yoel. The only downside is becoming hollow but afaik there is nothing more than a visual effect from that.

It is possible that it has more significance in the next DLC which will hopefully feature Londor.

Veelk

Banned
I still can't think of a solution for this problem.

What should the game do? Give you an infinite amount of slabs because you beat the game? What would you want them to do in the late game to reduce the grind Veelk?

Throw it in the goddamn shop and make it expensive but achievable. If the path to it is in the game, I'm perfectly willing to grind the souls I need to buy. But this isn't a soul grind, as it is, it is a GAME grind. And that's ridiculous and I'm more than happy to cheat that system.

Ferr986

Man people still thing the scythe spin2win is parriable and has no hyperarmor, atleast in regular world invasions.

Truth to be told the spin2win stunlocks to death a lot of PvE enemies.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Anyway, it's a thing I always wondered. Do they store some sort of reference to items when playing online?

what if you

- give all your slabs to a friend
- restore your save
- ...repeat
- get 1 Zillion slabs back

?
You cannot give slabs (or chunks or other materials) to another players.

Throw it in the goddamn shop and make it expensive but achievable. If the path to it is in the game, I'm perfectly willing to grind the souls I need to buy. But this isn't a soul grind, as it is, it is a GAME grind. And that's ridiculous and I'm more than happy to cheat that system.

That doesn't fit the lore though...Slabs are SUPPOSED to be extremely rare. You get 11 PER playthrough(DLC adds 3 more, so 11 if you have DLC). How is that not enough? I have like 20 slabs collecting dust because I use like 6 or so weapons and I'm in NG++.

Veelk

Banned
That doesn't fit the lore though...Slabs are SUPPOSED to be extremely rare. You get 11 PER playthrough(DLC adds 3 more, so 11 if you have DLC). How is that not enough? I have like 20 slabs collecting dust because I use like 6 or so weapons and I'm in NG++.

Because there are like a hundred weapons in the game and I counted 39 that I want to try.

I feel that ALL your weapons should be available to optimize at a reasonable pace. So yeah, 11, nowhere near enough.

As for the lore, give me a break. Like, seriously.

Because there are like a hundred weapons in the game and I counted 39 that I want to try.

I feel that ALL your weapons should be available to optimize at a reasonable pace. So yeah, 11, nowhere near enough.

As for the lore, give me a break. Like, seriously.

Well, think of it this way. Going through the game a couple times give you a true feeling of the weapons power, since NG is a joke, NG+ is a bigger joke and it only started to get somewhat interesting in NG++. In all honesty if you want to cheat the items, have a blast. Just keep away from online, maybe?

As for the lore, how dare you besmirch thy holy lore!

Dahbomb

You can just test the weapon on low level enemies for the moveset, after that it's a numbers game and we have spreadsheets for that kind of stuff.

A lot of the weapons are redundant as well, you don't need to fully upgrade 3 different katana weapons.

Veelk

Banned
Just keep away from online, maybe?

Already do. My entire reaction to the concept of random players invading my world, from the moment I first played a souls game, is

64496527.jpg

I play offline.

As for the lore, how dare you besmirch thy holy lore!

Oh, man, you'd HATE how I play these games in terms of narrative then.

You can just test the weapon on low level enemies for the moveset, after that it's a numbers game and we have spreadsheets for that kind of stuff.

A lot of the weapons are redundant as well, you don't need to fully upgrade 3 different katana weapons.

Says you. Look, even if it's just aesthetic, it's important to me that I can use ANY weapon I so happen to choose whenever I choose. So yeah, I'd upgrade 3 different Katanas in case I want to use the invisible one over the long one that particular day.

The idea that a weapon, any weapon, is locked away from me playing at any level is unnatural and repulsive to me.

Veelk

Banned
Probably should not play every RPG ever made then.

Bomb, be reasonable.

First off, the Souls games have a special action emphasis on them that make them a special case. I don't care about not getting the ultimate weapons of, say, final fantasy games when the action is disconnected from the player. It's not hypocritical to care more about getting all the weapons in some games more than others.

Second, even if it were, I'm still obviously playing and loving the souls series, as it would be the case with many other games. Just because I have criticisms of it doesn't mean the
positives don't counterbalance it. This is a big annoyance and I'll bitch about it, but I'll still play.

Third, luckily, the fact that I can mod the game to allow me to do what I want to do means this is a fixable problem, as soon as I get the computer upgrade I need. So everyone walks away happy.

Sarcasm

But weapons work, right? That would be basically the same effect.

Still there is a limitation

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Player+Trade

• Souls can be transfered, except boss souls.
  • Armor can be transfered with no limitations.
  • Rings can be transfered, no limitations on ring level (+1,+2, etc)
  • Weapons/Shields can be transfered, as long as the target player has a weapon of max upgraded level equal or superior to the item being transfered*.
  • Upgrade materials cannot be transfered.
  • Covenants offerings cannot be transfered.
  • Key items cannot be transfered.
  • Spells cannot be transfered.
*Even if you no longer have a weapon of the max level you managed to upgrade, the game "remembers" what is the max upgraded level you had. The level of special/boss weapons must be multiplied by 2 to find the comparison value against normal weapons.

Items that cannot be transfered can be dropped, but the other players won't see them.

When trading an item that upgrades to +5 at max, the highest item you have must be double.
-i.e. if trading a +4 Yhorm's Great Machete, a regular titanite-upgraded weapon of +8 is required to trade.

grmlin

Interesting. So I can cheat the game with backup saves as long as I keep one +10 weapon with me?

Not that I care, I still didn't use all my slabs.

RiggyRob

Not to mention, you don't need every weapon at +10. You're not using a Broken Straight Sword, so you've already made the decision that you're not upgrading it, therefore you can make the decision for other weapons too.

I went into Dark Souls 3 blind and wasted all of my upgrade materials on a Lothric Knight spear before I realized that poise was broken and the spear was basically trash.

At this point when a new Souls game comes out I will probably just look up what the most OP weapon and build is and run with it.

If I can only upgrade 1 weapon I'm not going to risk it being a bad one again.

Sarcasm

I went into Dark Souls 3 blind and wasted all of my upgrade materials on a Lothric Knight spear before I realized that poise was broken and the spear was basically trash.

At this point when a new Souls game comes out I will probably just look up what the most OP weapon and build is and run with it.

Except in this you can upgrade to +9 with materials you can buy and you can do more then one.

Ferr986

Already do. My entire reaction to the concept of random players invading my world, from the moment I first played a souls game, is

64496527.jpg

I play offline.

I loved getting invaded in DS1 and 2 but man I do hate it in 3.

9/10 invaders are a bunch of cowards. They don't fight you, they just won't. They only run from you, and run and run till you aggro something and then mob you. It's so fucking annoying how it's about either sit your ass till he decides to fight (rarely happens) or gets bored and crystal black out or you eat his bait in hopes that you can kill the enemies+ the invader.

I understand FROM fucked invaders in 3 but man, that was never my experience with 1 and 2. Invaders legit wanted to fight you there.

Dahbomb

Bomb, be reasonable.

First off, the Souls games have a special action emphasis on them that make them a special case. I don't care about not getting the ultimate weapons of, say, final fantasy games when the action is disconnected from the player. It's not hypocritical to care more about getting all the weapons in some games more than others.

Second, even if it were, I'm still obviously playing and loving the souls series, as it would be the case with many other games. Just because I have criticisms of it doesn't mean the
positives don't counterbalance it. This is a big annoyance and I'll bitch about it, but I'll still play.

Third, luckily, the fact that I can mod the game to allow me to do what I want to do means this is a fixable problem, as soon as I get the computer upgrade I need. So everyone walks away happy.
Souls game have an action emphasis but they also have a RPG emphasis, that's why they are considered as action RPGs. The element of making hard choices is fundamental to RPGs, otherwise they cease to be RPGs. What's the point of making choices if you can enjoy the benefits of all the possible choices and their outcomes in the game?

You can make that argument against the sorceries as well. "Man I can't Attune all the spells I want, can't live my fantasy of being a grand Archmage who has learned all the spells in the game and can do them whenever."

Effect

Okay this Catacombs area is going to be a pain. Traps, super aggressive skeletons, with not a lot of room to maneuver, and resurrecting skeletons (where the resurrecting is varied time wise too it seems). Going have to rethink my approach. Maybe bring more arrows so I can "pull" things more effectively. Magic isn't doing the job. Luckily I've cleared out a section already so I don't have to go back there and can continue downward. The agro ranges are weird on some of the enemies here. Some I have to get super close to and others apparently can see me without line of sight and will rush to me from blind spots. Need to find where the actual bonfire is and just make my way to it. That or grind in some other areas to get more levels. At level 35 now.

I thought the red eye enemies wouldn't respawn. Guess I read wrong in regard to that.

It's strange how much certain mmorpg skills are transferable to these games when I'm fighting or at least approaching a fight. It's something that doesn't get talked about I believe.

im currently working through a new game i started a few days before the DLC dropped, and just took out the Dancer of the Boreal Valley in a single shot! feeling really good about myself as this is the first playthrough i am refusing to summon for boss help. Pontiff Sulyvahn and the Abyss Watchers both fell my first attempt too but i still wouldn't say they are easy fights, it's just that DS3 does such a great job with boss variety and telegraphing incoming attacks. this is the 6th? 7th? time i've played through and each subsequent trip i am convinced DS3 is my favorite of the series.

Veelk

Banned
Souls game have an action emphasis but they also have a RPG emphasis, that's why they are considered as action RPGs. The element of making hard choices is fundamental to RPGs, otherwise they cease to be RPGs. What's the point of making choices if you can enjoy the benefits of all the possible choices and their outcomes in the game?

You can make that argument against the sorceries as well. "Man I can't Attune all the spells I want, can't live my fantasy of being a grand Archmage who has learned all the spells in the game and can do them whenever."

I don't agree that this is what's happening in dark souls.

Look, I'm perfectly cognizant that I am obsessed. But let's pretend for a moment that I wasn't. What would be my options if I was more lax about seeing the full potential of all the weapons. You can upgrade everything to the 9th level. It's only that last step thats an issue. The only other issue is the souls level. And I can proudly boast about a 179 level that lets me competently use just about everything.

So if souls, as an RPG, is supposed to give hard choices, epic fail. It's only the final step of full leveling is what's prohibited.

Look, I'm perfectly cognizant that I am obsessed. But let's pretend for a moment that I wasn't. What would be my options if I was more lax about seeing the full potential of all the weapons. You can upgrade everything to the 9th level. It's only that last step thats an issue. The only other issue is the souls level. And I can proudly boast about a 179 level that lets me competently use just about everything.

So if souls, as an RPG, is supposed to give hard choices, epic fail. It's only the final step of full leveling is what's prohibited.

You can respec too. Also carry unlimited equipment.

Dahbomb

The "full potential" in this case is a matter of numbers. Like you get 20-30 points of more damage if you upgrade to +10. That's not even the maximum potential of a weapon... most weapons you can get the maximum at 99/99 Strength and Dex. That's not even including ring combinations which you can only hold 4 of or buffs which you need Faith/Intelligence. You can inflate a +9 weapon to +10 by other means for testing purposes if you really need to do that (most people don't, they just look at spreadsheets and know the max potential of a weapon ).

Bottom line is that at +9 you have more than enough data and information to go on in terms of if you would want to use the weapon enough that it's worth the Slab. To get the +10 equivalent damage you can slap on some rings and a buff then it will be the same, even more so in terms of numbers you would have enough data.

The way I choose end game weapon for specific build is I look at a move's move set at level 1. If I like it then I look at its stats at soft cap at +10, scaling tier, see if it has an extra effect and if it's buffable or not.

Veelk

Banned
The "full potential" in this case is a matter of numbers. Like you get 20-30 points of more damage if you upgrade to +10. That's not even the maximum potential of a weapon... most weapons you can get the maximum at 99/99 Strength and Dex. That's not even including ring combinations which you can only hold 4 of or buffs which you need Faith/Intelligence. You can inflate a +9 weapon to +10 by other means for testing purposes if you really need to do that (most people don't, they just look at spreadsheets and know the max potential of a weapon ).

Bottom line is that at +9 you have more than enough data and information to go on in terms of if you would want to use the weapon enough that it's worth the Slab. To get the +10 equivalent damage you can slap on some rings and a buff then it will be the same, even more so in terms of numbers you would have enough data.

The way I choose end game weapon for specific build is I look at a move's move set at level 1. If I like it then I look at its stats at soft cap at +10, scaling tier, see if it has an extra effect and if it's buffable or not.

I think your missing the point. I'm not gonna use most of the 39 weapons I picked out thay I'd be willing to try. My point is that I feel I should have the full potential of those weapons available at a reasonable price.

If we're really getting into the nitty gritty of what I can technically possibly do, I can just play the game 4 times and get all 11 slabs each time. It's the same way I'll capture and fully evolve and level all my Pokemon even if I don't have any intention of using them. I'm not even trying to fill out the pomedex then either, since I don't care about getting a lot of Pokemon.

But those that I do want, I want. And I can get my infinite amount of slabs by playing the game an infinite amount. It's just that that's not a reasonable way to get it. That's about the extent of my argument. I want the stuff I want and I want to be able to fully level it. It means absolutely nothing to me that I won't use it more than 5 minutes, I still demand to have the freedom to get it in a reasonable manner.

I've read some people mentioning that they're having some trouble getting people to summon for help in the game compared to past souls games.

I dunno, while I do realize some people are already leveled past that content I'm thinking maybe it's just not as many people are putting signs up. I'm on the PS4 version and I haven't seen many signs either. But every time I do put a summon sign up I'm instantaneously summoned. Was helping people out on Oceiros the other night for about two hours in off peak times and was summoned instantly every single time.

laxu

I've read some people mentioning that they're having some trouble getting people to summon for help in the game compared to past souls games.

I dunno, while I do realize some people are already leveled past that content I'm thinking maybe it's just not as many people are putting signs up. I'm on the PS4 version and I haven't seen many signs either. But every time I do put a summon sign up I'm instantaneously summoned. Was helping people out on Oceiros the other night for about two hours in off peak times and was summoned instantly every single time.

It depends on the boss. Pontiff and Nameless King I always get quick summons and same goes for the DLC bosses at the moment. Seem to get far less summons for Oceiros and Twin Princes to name a few.

zma1013

There's enough materials in a single playthrough to fully upgrade several weapons.

It depends on the boss. Pontiff and Nameless King I always get quick summons and same goes for the DLC bosses at the moment. Seem to get far less summons for Oceiros and Twin Princes to name a few.

I'm 137 and got summoned A LOT at twins. People have difficulty with that boss, and I just steamroll em each time. On the flip side my friends who has difficulty with twins, find Pontiff easy meanwhile pontiff makes me die a little each time I face him. Fun times!

Edit: I also always see summon signs. Like in the designated fightclub outside pontiff, and outside bosses I have yet to murder and pillage.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

9/10 invaders are a bunch of cowards. They don't fight you, they just won't. They only run from you, and run and run till you aggro something and then mob you. It's so fucking annoying how it's about either sit your ass till he decides to fight (rarely happens) or gets bored and crystal black out or you eat his bait in hopes that you can kill the enemies+ the invader.

I understand FROM fucked invaders in 3 but man, that was never my experience with 1 and 2. Invaders legit wanted to fight you there.
I have no idea what you're talking about, it was exactly like that in DS1, 2, even Demon's Souls. Invaders running behind enemies is not a new thing whatsoever.

The only reason it might be more common in DS3 is that DS3 prioritizes invasions with phantoms, so to avoid being ganked 2v1 or 3v1 invaders will of course use the enemies as cover. But if that happens too often, guess what, you still get the upper hand by using a Seed of a Giant Tree. e_e

I think your missing the point. I'm not gonna use most of the 39 weapons I picked out thay I'd be willing to try. My point is that I feel I should have the full potential of those weapons available at a reasonable price.
But.... you... do?

I want the stuff I want and I want to be able to fully level it. It means absolutely nothing to me that I won't use it more than 5 minutes, I still demand to have the freedom to get it in a reasonable manner.
There's nothing "reasonable" about what you're asking, apparently. Learn to RPG

I have no idea what you're talking about, it was exactly like that in DS1, 2, even Demon's Souls. Invaders running behind enemies is not a new thing whatsoever.

The only reason it might be more common in DS3 is that DS3 prioritizes invasions with phantoms, so to avoid being ganked 2v1 or 3v1 invaders will of course use the enemies as cover.

But.... you... do?

Well, we don't get seeds of a giant :(. Also DaS 2 let us murder enemies to the point of extinction.

- If they do it, you can do it too, you can hide too, a battle of cowards lol. You can also use the fog ring, so you have an edge and look for him, maybe he has too, then both are on similar conditions.

- You still have the overwhelming advantage: +30% HP, 2x Estus, etc...

- Go back and summon phantoms, they can go after enemies, you can focus on invader...

- Run to the boss. Even if he hides...just run past all enemies and run to the boss, he gets nothing and can watch the message of him going back to his world with a grin. And you even have invincibility enter fog animation.

- Use Giant Seed, you get like 1 every two invasions.

Basically using enemies as a tool is one of the most basic invasion techniques since Demon Souls. Is basically Invasions 101, if people resort more to it now, is because is one of the few things an invader can do against a group of ganks...and 90% of the time, they just use a Giant Seed.

So...I can't really see the problem?

Well, we don't get seeds of a giant :(. Also DaS 2 let us murder enemies to the point of extinction.

How so? You get 1 every two invasions....

You have enough materials for like 2 or 3 weapons at +9 easily, then you can buy all these materials at some point.

wat.jpg

(And no, poise was never really broken, I wish this notion would go away)

Veelk

Banned
But.... you... do?

If I want to level up every weapon in the game, with the DLC, I'd have to beat it atleast ten times, and it keeps escalating in difficulty. That's reasonable?

I mean, it already comes very close to having what I want. Anything can be leveled up to the penultimate level with enough farming.

I'd buy what your saying maybe if the game only sold large shards and the chunks were in limited supply, meaning you could get a few weapons past level 6 by default. Don't get me wrong, I'd hate that even more, but if you want argue that dark souls is trying to force you into a particular class and making you stick to it.

But no, it goes nearly all the way by letting you level up EVERYTHING to level 9 and allows you to upgrade up to fully 11 weapons a playthrough. That isn't enough for me I feel it ought to go all the way, but it's not a small amount.

So this "it's an RPG" argument is just falling flat to me. Bloodborne was more RPG than this by that metric, and I know how people bitch about the lack of diversity between classes in that one.

Top Bottom