• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Sarcasm

I mean, it is called cheat engine. That is the point of it? To cheat.

Not like getting the slabs is hard to begin with. Just limited...so you got to grind.

Veelk

Banned
I mean, it is called cheat engine. That is the point of it? To cheat.

Not like getting the slabs is hard to begin with. Just limited...so you got to grind.

Yeah, and I want to cheat because I see no reason to play fair with a game engine that I feel is made with unfair rules. Or made with a design I do not prefer, if you like. I mean, it's a cheat engine, but it's ultimately just a mod. It's within the right of everyone to modify a game how they like if it's within their ability to do so.

Honestly, I don't know if there's a cheat for this as well, but if there was also a way to not lose souls upon death, I'd probably activate that too if I didn't think this one actually would break the game if I got all the souls I earned without ever losing any. I hate the souls system so much, as soon as I do beat the game once, I'm turning it on if there is something like that.

Dahbomb

I don't know why you can't seem to see the basic, fundamental flaw of your argument coming down to "This is what I did/would want to do" when I've clearly established that I am not you and I've told you straight up why your solutions don't work for me. I'm probably never going to get to the point ohf having 10 million souls in my bank. You're making straight up no effort whatsoever to put yourself in my shoes and then seem confused why I don't accept your proposals. No offense, but, okay, it works for you, la-di-da. But what do you want me to do with that?
I put myself in your shoes before. Let me go over it again in great detail:

I want to know the maximum potential of every weapon I have. I want to see how a weapon performs when it's at +10 upgrade and at soft cap stats (or even 99 stats, it doesn't actually matter here, we are mainly focusing on the +10).

I have 3 options here:

1) I can test the weapon's moveset, see how I like the moveset.. then I can look at spreadsheets of a weapon at +10 damage. If I hit a mob for 24 damage at a certain AR at no upgrades, then I can expect to X amount of damage at +10 damage because it's all calculated mathematically. My potential of a weapon is not limited at all in its moveset UNLIKE OTHER ACTION GAMES but rather it is limited PURELY ON MATHEMATICS. Mathematics that I can look up online to see how a weapon performs. I suggested this before, you didn't really entertain it because you were fixated on labeling the game as an action game when in most action games, a weapon is actually limited in its moveset potential but not in the Souls game. A broad sword at lvl1 acts just like a lvl10 broadsword only you do more damage. It's not even about it swinging faster or gaining new properties, it's straight up a numerical increase which is predictable and quantifiable.

2) I can back up my save externally (even on a PS4 without cheating), upgrade a weapon to +10 Titanite Slab and test it to my heart's content. If I don't like it, I can load up my previous save and try out a different weapon at +10. This way I can try out a weapon without looking at spreadsheets or online resources.

3) I can ask someone to give me said weapon at +10 upgrade. Hell many people here will gladly provide you with a +10 weapon because they can just revert their save and not actually lose it (it's how many people here traded rings). This was just suggested.

These are the three solutions I would pursue (minus straight up modding/hacking) if I t were in your shoes. It's not difficult to do any of these and I am not sure why you wouldn't do any of these solutions other than "I want every single weapon in my inventory at +10 even though I know how it actually performs and I know I will never use it and I don't want to back up saves or get any outside help."

And to that SPECIFICALLY I ask... why? If you have tested a weapon, know its maximum capability and know you will never use it...then why do you want an inventory full of these weapons that you will never use? Any answer that isn't related to a compulsion would be acceptable but I have yet to see one.

Sarcasm

Modding isn't the same as cheating.

Next time just say you want to cheat everything in heh.

Only reason why there is an argument here is because other people are in the mindset of playing the game vanilla while you are discussing with the mindset of cheating.

Yes spawning items and get many souls is cheating. No way a game maker would even remotely add that to their game as a standard feature.

(I am not saying I don't cheat in games FYI, I do - just not in most especially like souls as I don't want to be put into the cheater pool and like online).

Veelk

Banned
(I am not saying I don't cheat in games FYI, I do - just not in most especially like souls as I don't want to be put into the cheater pool and like online).

You have no reason to be worried about me contributing to that problem. I stay offline.

Which is why I don't consider it harmful in any sense. You cheat in a multiplayer game, you're ruining the fun for someone else. You cheat in a single player game, you're doing nothing wrong, so I don't consider it anything more than a mod for that reason.

And to that SPECIFICALLY I ask... why? If you have tested a weapon, know its maximum capability and know you will never use it...then why do you want an inventory full of these weapons that you will never use? Any answer that isn't related to a compulsion would be acceptable but I have yet to see one.

Because I see no reason why I shouldn't have it. I don't feel I need to justify it further than that. As a player, "I want to have it" should be enough. There has never been a game where I need to justify why I should have something beyond the fact that I want it, why start now? It's just a weird to have such an argument just to play the game by the rules as intended when players have been subverting game design intentions in favor of their own for years.

As for the other options, if I'm still limited in my choices to upgrade a weapon, I'm just allowed a trial run to upgrade any one weapon, not the ability to upgrade all weapons.

As for people giving it, yeah, that's an option, I just don't see the preference for why I should do that instead of running a cheat engine. It will be faster and save everyone else the trouble. I'm not saying it wouldn't work, I just don't see why when I have a simpler and more immediate way solution to making the same effect.

Dahbomb

Most of these arguments can be levied against not only the Souls games but to many other games as well.

*I can't equip all the items I want and also fast roll. I am going to use a mod so I can use Havel's armor and then run at maximum movement speed and have the best possible roll.

*I can't carry more than 15 Estus Flasks... I am going to use a mod to get 100 Estus Flanks.

*I can't switch to my Styles on the fly in DMC3 without changing them at a statue... so I am going to install this mod that allows me to have all the Styles at once.

*I don't want to have to go through the entire game just to fight this specific boss, I am going to use a hack to teleport to that boss area instantly.

*I don't like that I am locked into my stats after picking them.. I am going to use this mod that allows me to change specs whenever with no cost.

DS3 has a very specific design in place. You can have a specific amount of fully upgraded items and a specific amount of rerolls on your character per playthrough. If you feel that you need more upgraded items or rerolls than the ones given to you then you need to play in NG+. That's what it's there for. If it wasn't for that... then why would anyone want to play past NG+7? That's the design set by From Software for Dark Souls 3.

For the record no one is telling you NOT to use a cheat engine.. by all means do it. People have an issue when you don't like a particular design aspect of the game and you don't really have a good enough reason to wanting it be your way other than "I want it that way". Which is fine but realize that anytime they implement a feature that you like, someone else will dislike and vice versa.

I don't feel I need to justify it further than that. As a player, "I want to have it" should be enough.
Which is fine, just realize that many games are designed around NOT letting the player do exactly what they want. Games are made with definite rules in mind and that's part of the design and is what makes games good or bad.

It's like playing soccer and being like "I want to use my hands because that's the way I want to play it".

Veelk

Banned
I feel all those suggestions would break the game significantly more than having an entire arsenal of 10+ Weapons would. Not even just for PvP, for PvE as well. According to your argument, only a handful of people would be able to actually switch between weapons in the menu. I certainly wouldn't be able to do so.

That's the design set by From Software for Dark Souls 3.

Every design set of every game is set by it's developers. That's not an argument against modding DS3 unless you are against tampering with the design of ALL developers ever.

If it wasn't for that... then why would anyone want to play past NG+7?

If that's all that players play DS3 for, then I've severely overestimated the quality of the game. The best games are played for their own sake, not to achieve some unlockable.

Which is fine, just realize that many games are designed around NOT letting the player do exactly what they want. Games are made with definite rules in mind and that's part of the design and is what makes games good or bad.

It's like playing soccer and being like "I want to use my hands because that's the way I want to play it".

I don't recall where I said that From didn't design the game with intentions. Make your hand-soccer game if you want and play that. If you disagree with the design, you have every right to alter it for yourself.

It's just a wierd argument. Did you think I thought From just bashed their keyboards and somehow DS3 was programmed by coincidence? I fully understand this was their design. I just don't see why I should care.

Dahbomb

If that's all that players play DS3 for, then I've severely overestimated the quality of the game. The best games are played for their own sake, not to achieve some unlockable.
Well many people play DS for various reasons.

*Most people play it for the single player experience, to experience the level/enemy/boss designs and the combat mechanics. Hell even the lore. Usually these people play the game once and that's enough for them (or they finish the trophies).

*Some people play it for the challenge. Many of these people also play on NG++ to experience the higher difficulty also try to beat the game with no upgrades, naked at SL1. Also speed runners.

*Some people play it for the PvP, invasions, online aspect etc.

I don't really know anyone who plays through the game multiple times just to have all of their weapons at +10 but the option is there for those who want to.

Uhh, its been known that tampering with certain items that have a finite amount per NG can and easily will flag your save as being tampered with.

Oh yeah, of course, but from what I'm reading it sounds like another typical FromSoft banwave. Some people who haven't even used CE are finding themselves with the ban notification for using in-game overlays like Discord, and plenty of well known cheaters haven't been banned at all.

grmlin

Jesus, he's still talking about that xD

Does anyone have a spare Carthus Curved Sword still btw? PS4

did you farm the two skeletons after the rolling ball? Because with the mimic head it took me like 5 minutes to get one the last time I tried and it even dropped on my playthrough after farming it for my next playthrough lol

I'm in Germany and could drop it tonight if you want to.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
did you farm the two skeletons after the rolling ball? Because with the mimic head it took me like 5 minutes to get one the last time I tried and it even dropped on my playthrough after farming it for my next playthrough lol

I'm in Germany and could drop it tonight if you want to.
Yeah I farmed them then ran out of rusted coins and got sick of it. lol. Crazy, I have high luck on this build too, and all I would get were titanite shards.

Thanks for the offer, I just turned off the PS4 though

Jobbs

Banned
Yeah I farmed them then ran out of rusted coins and got sick of it. lol. Crazy, I have high luck on this build too, and all I would get were titanite shards.

Thanks for the offer, I just turned off the PS4 though

Dude when I signed in the other day to look at my PS4 character to see if she had the sword -- She didn't. I was curious about the farming spot though so I checked and it dropped on my first kill.

Dahaka

I can drop you a +10 hollow Murakumo and a CCS. The CCS is at +9 though so you gotta slab that thing hard all by yourself.

Got plenty of other hollow and refined weapons.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Dude when I signed in the other day to look at my PS4 character to see if she had the sword -- She didn't. I was curious about the farming spot though so I checked and it dropped on my first kill.
I hate you lol

I can drop you a +10 hollow Murakumo and a CCS. The CCS is at +9 though so you gotta slab that thing hard all by yourself.

Got plenty of other hollow and refined weapons.
Oh it could be unupgraded I don't care, but sure, I'll take them!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Watching my girlfriend play the dancer battle and we just noticed that only one of the pillars blocks damage much more frequently than the others. Anyone notice this? It is possible to be damaged and may just be a perception issue though.

This boss is badass, I'm way behind in my game. :(

Dahaka

I'm looking for :

Old Wolf Curved Sword
Bloodlust
+10 Great Mace
+10 Cathedral Ultra Greatsword

got plenty of weapons for you (hollow, refined, a few dark, +10 Black Bow, +5 Onislayer Bow) if you need something. Will give you +10 weapons unless you are ok with basic level.

I got 4 characters and upgraded all by myself so far. It's tiresome by now and I just wanna coop like a true casul and also use weapons that are not min-max so farming is not an option right now.

Tarkus

I hate you lol

Oh it could be unupgraded I don't care, but sure, I'll take them!

I'm looking for :

Old Wolf Curved Sword
Bloodlust
+10 Great Mace
+10 Cathedral Ultra Greatsword

got plenty of weapons for you (hollow, refined, a few dark, +10 Black Bow, +5 Onislayer Bow) if you need something. Will give you +10 weapons unless you are ok with basic level.

I got 4 characters and upgraded all by myself so far. It's tiresome by now and I just wanna coop like a true casul and also use weapons that are not min-max so farming is not an option right now.
I'll be on in about 12-13 hours and can help you with the weapons. I would need to help Dahaka with 2 different characters, but I have all those at +10.

Dahaka

Could maybe be a bit too late for me as I am from CET-Land but we'll definitely find a good time. Tell me if you need something as well. Thank you man.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'll be on in about 12-13 hours and can help you with the weapons. I would need to help Dahaka with 2 different characters, but I have all those at +10.
Dahaka hooked me up yesterday, but thanks. :)

Wish I could return the favour. I have Bloodlust (not upgraded, never used) on a character or two but that's it. :(

Ferr986

Fuck the arena man, it's broken. It won't stop failing to load when I die.

I was having the match of my life and now it's there frozen in a black screen. It wasn't an issue at first but now It happens a lot.

xero273

I'm using my ps4 controller to play the game on PC. When i tilt the ps4 controller it moves my view. Is there a way to disable this functionality? I don't want the tilt on the ps4 to act like the mouse.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Something happened to me last night in the forest after Undead Settlement.

When it happened I couldn't stop for a good minute so I just had to share it with everyone. That damn dog lol

https://youtu.be/k_13iZ8MBHg

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
It's the dog running into the charged R2 that was meant for the log guy that's funny.

Haha exactly. The fact that he didnt just get stunned but fell down hard had me laughing out loud. He took that spear like a champ.

I wasnt expecting the log guy to come charging at me from the right hence why I panic rolled and I definitely wasnt expecting the dog to jump out of nowhere.

i am fighting the Two Princes but i keep getting KO'd by that one-hit blast of white magic where he holds his sword up and smashes it down with white fire. it try dodging left and right but it's useless, what do I do?

dodge later. You're getting hit by that because you dodge too early.

thanks! i waited a little longer and that did the trick.

i just killed the Twin Princes! yes! this is the first run where i've killed every boss solo and i've only got the end bosses left.

i'm really enjoying this, these bosses are all terrific. i thought this would be painful and i would end up summoning anyways but it's all very fair! whenever i win i still feel like i just had the most epic battle ever, giving me those DS1 feels again, something very missing from DS2.

Zocano

Is the DLC any good for DS3?
I heard it's kinda short compared to the Bloodborne DLC.

The thing is the Bloodborne DLC is the outlier content-wise relative to the other Souls DLCs. It is shorter and I would agree that $15 is a *tad* bit too much for it but I think it's still pretty good content. It's about the size of any of the singular DLC zones from Dark Souls 2 or Artorias.

laxu

The thing is the Bloodborne DLC is the outlier content-wise relative to the other Souls DLCs. It is shorter and I would agree that $15 is a *tad* bit too much for it but I think it's still pretty good content. It's about the size of any of the singular DLC zones from Dark Souls 2 or Artorias.

I agree. The season pass is a fair deal though. I do hope the next DLC is bigger. I had a good time playing thru it on my first character but absolutely breezed thru it on my other two. The big problem with it is the lack of good rewards for killing some of the tougher enemies. The main game does this better.

I started a new game as a herald. Going to do a strength/ faith build. But I just realized that the spear is the worst weapon ever, so I need a good sword. I can't remember the location of good swords though. I'm still in the first level (high wall of lothric)

Tarkus

I started a new game as a herald. Going to do a strength/ faith build. But I just realized that the spear is the worst weapon ever, so I need a good sword. I can't remember the location of good swords though. I'm still in the first level (high wall of lothric)
The Claymore is in the dragon area.

Tarkus

If you ever want to beat me every single time, just use the Farron Greatsword. I can't handle it to this day.

Veelk

Banned
Question about how the whole ban thing works.

Even if you play offline, it will still get you?

Or do you have to actually be full on disconnected from the internet for it to not detect you?

Tarkus

Question about how the whole ban thing works.

Even if you play offline, it will still get you?

Or do you have to actually be full on disconnected from the internet for it to not detect you?
Certain people seem to skate around being banned because maybe they're streamers. They're on the lookout though while playing online. A prominent streamer/uploader was just banned for using cheat engine. Be very careful.

Veelk

Banned
Certain people seem to skate around being banned because maybe they're streamers. They're on the lookout though while playing online. A prominent streamer/uploader was just banned for using cheat engine. Be very careful.

*sigh* It's just stupid that this thing is applied to everyone, regardless of what their doing. I have no interest in using cheats to give myself an unfair advantage over other players because I have no interest in meeting other players.

You'd think they'd make some kind of mod to cut the internet connection wholesale or something, so it's just flat out undetected by whatever program From is using. Is that not possible or something?

Top Bottom