• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Veelk

Banned
I ended up beating the game to finish up my Slab sweep and now I just need to take down the Nameless king.

Who is still a fuck, in case you all forgot.

Edit: beat him. It's amazing how downright trivial some of the hardest bosses can become if you aren't greedy for hits. I usually just rail on the bosses until usual they back off. It means I get hit a lot, but I actually prefer this fighting style. But it just doesn't work with the nameless king. He doesn't give a fuck, you can't out muscle him. But you decide to back off after 1 or 2 hits, sudden you can dance around him.

laxu

*sigh* It's just stupid that this thing is applied to everyone, regardless of what their doing. I have no interest in using cheats to give myself an unfair advantage over other players because I have no interest in meeting other players.

You'd think they'd make some kind of mod to cut the internet connection wholesale or something, so it's just flat out undetected by whatever program From is using. Is that not possible or something?

You can simply block the whole game executable with a firewall. That should do it.

The drop rate for the vertebra shackle it's DISGUSTING. It's like an hour and a half that I'm farming in these f catacombs and i've only got one. ONE! I have 41 luck, the simbol of avarice, the gold serpent ring +2 and i'm using rusted coins. I'm getting sick and tired of this game. Bravo From. /Rant

Ferr986

The drop rate for the vertebra shackle it's DISGUSTING. It's like an hour and a half that I'm farming in these f catacombs and i've only got one. ONE! I have 41 luck, the simbol of avarice, the gold serpent ring +2 and i'm using rusted coins. I'm getting sick and tired of this game. Bravo From. /Rant

The drop rate of any covenant item is disgusting.

There aren't many players on Xbox One anymore, right? I'm right before Cathedral of the Deep and I haven't found one single summoning sign. And I don't get invaded at all...and I need invasions to get the Seed of a Giant Tree, right?

The drop rate of any covenant item is disgusting.

Yeah, but this is on another level. In an hour and a half i could probably farm (with my stats and gear) like 7-8 proofs of a concord well kept or 5 sunlight medals, but this is insane. I can't even make a good amount of Souls with those skeletons that I'm killing...

Hypron

Yeah, but this is on another level. In an hour and a half i could probably farm (with my stats and gear) like 7-8 proofs of a concord well kept or 5 sunlight medals, but this is insane. I can't even make a good amount of Souls with those skeletons that I'm killing...

You should try to find someone to farm them with you (you just summon each other and let yourself get killed). It's what I did - I'd never have had the willpower to do it otherwise.

You should try to find someone to farm them with you (you just summon each other and let yourself get killed). It's what I did - I'd never have had the willpower to do it otherwise.

Eh, sadly at the moment i don't have an internet connection... And to be honest i don't like to pay to play online (I play on PS4).

grmlin

Don't you play PvP? I'm not very good at it but it was still way better to earn them in PvP

The covenants you have to farm because the fucking system is broken are bad enough.

Hypron

Eh, sadly at the moment i don't have an internet connection... And to be honest i don't like to pay to play online (I play on PS4).

I don't really play online much either, but it's really worth it for farming shackles since you'll literally save 10 hours of your time. But yeah, not having internet is a bit of an issue. Although, if I were you I'd just wait until I got internet access again haha

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I got all items on PC, by just invading and co-op. The thought of farming all covenant items offline just hurts my head.
Yup, well except proofs and wolf things 'cause I almost never got summoned as those, but who cares. On my main invader (the guy I PvPed with you guys last night) I have 699 pale tongues, 60+ forked tongues and like 100 shackles, lol

But, hey, is a free world.
Sure, and I'm free to laugh/SMH at people who spend countless hours doing something so utterly boring.

Zocano

Good question.

They're playing offline, so they can't do that.

Still. Good fucking question.

I farmed for every single damn ear. Probably like 5 hours of killing those 3 silver knights over and over and over and over and over and over
and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Fuck those fucking ears.

Got everything else the "normal" way.

laxu

NG+1 is surprisingly easy. The added health and damage from enemies is not too bad at all. Only bosses left are the DLC ones,
Twin Princes and NK
. Managed to even heal my dark sigil by farming the winged trio for a cool million souls.

Mistel

Banned
NG+1 is surprisingly easy. The added health and damage from enemies is not too bad at all. Only bosses left are the DLC ones,
Twin Princes and NK
. Managed to even heal my dark sigil by farming the winged trio for a cool million souls.
I feel it follows similar trend to the prior two where it doesn't ramp up until the later NG+'s

Ashen Ones,
A new regulation version will be deployed for Dark Souls III on November 11th for all platforms, it will include the highly requested nerfs of the Carthus Curved Sword and the Follower Sabre! Please find below the complete patchnotes:
• Fixed an issue where bleeding damage could not be inflicted with Eleonora.
• Fixed an issue where Faith did not scale correctly for Friede's Great Scythe.
• Increased player’s resistance to physical attacks when equipping Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers, and Greataxes.
• Increased player’s resistance to physical attacks, and increased damage done to opponent’s guard when equipping Halberds.
• Reduced attack power of the Carthus Curved Sword and the Follower Sabre.
• Increased power of the Way of White Corona.
• Increased the area of effect for Bursting Fireball.
• Increased length of effect for Charcoal Pine Bundle and Gold Pine Bundle.
May the Flame guide your way!

RiggyRob

Ashen Ones,
A new regulation version will be deployed for Dark Souls III on November 11th for all platforms, it will include the highly requested nerfs of the Carthus Curved Sword and the Follower Sabre! Please find below the complete patchnotes:
• Fixed an issue where bleeding damage could not be inflicted with Eleonora.
• Fixed an issue where Faith did not scale correctly for Friede's Great Scythe.
• Increased player’s resistance to physical attacks when equipping Ultra Greatswords, Great Hammers, and Greataxes.
• Increased player’s resistance to physical attacks, and increased damage done to opponent’s guard when equipping Halberds.
• Reduced attack power of the Carthus Curved Sword and the Follower Sabre.
• Increased power of the Way of White Corona.
• Increased the area of effect for Bursting Fireball.
• Increased length of effect for Charcoal Pine Bundle and Gold Pine Bundle.
May the Flame guide your way!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We just picked it up! ¬_¬

Manu

Time to return to the arena.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Time to return to the arena.
That's really BS, they already have tons of hyperarmour with it, especially with the lag. It's almost impossible to interrupt GS attacks with smaller weapons. No wonder everyone in the arena uses UGS... -_-

Exr

Im level 67 just beat the giant boss you use the sword you get during the fight on. Whats the best level range to invade at? Specifically areas from Irythyl (sp?) onward. Thanks.

la_briola

dat ODK skip https://clips.twitch.tv/distortion2/CrowdedCodHassanChop
invoker-laugh.gif

Friede scythe has E scaling in FTH, I wonder wtf will be the change on that.

any point in faith above the minimum requirement gave you 0 bonus damage, even at 99 faith.

That's really BS, they already have tons of hyperarmour with it, especially with the lag. It's almost impossible to interrupt GS attacks with smaller weapons. No wonder everyone in the arena uses UGS... -_-

Meh, I think that UGS are still to slow. With some weapons, you can get hit on hyperarmor/poise and the other player will have enough frames to roll out to safety. That's bullshit.

There's also the high stamina cost vs how easily is to roll out their attacks.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I almost literally never escape stunlock from UGS. If I get hit once, the next hit will connect 95% of the time (when it doesn't it's when, by sheer luck, I'm juuuust outside of the hitbox and the first hit got me through lag/phantom range to begin with). And two hits from an UGS melts your health bar even at high VIG.

I also never manage to interrupt an UGS attack. Often, I attack well first, but they still poise through and we trade hits, but of course the stunlock gets me and not them and then I eat the second hit.

Wow, crazy!

Tarkus

I almost literally never escape stunlock from UGS. If I get hit once, the next hit will connect 95% of the time (when it doesn't it's when, by sheer luck, I'm juuuust outside of the hitbox and the first hit got me through lag/phantom range to begin with). And two hits from an UGS melts your health bar even at high VIG.

I also never manage to interrupt an UGS attack. Often, I attack well first, but they still poise through and we trade hits, but of course the stunlock gets me and not them and then I eat the second hit.

Wow, crazy!
Yup, unless you're out of reach or at a weird angle, two R1s from an ultra are always a true combo.

Mistel

Banned
Yup, unless you're out of reach or at a weird angle, two R1s from an ultra are always a true combo.
Even then I wouldn't count out weird angles in pvp only out of reach / sheer luck are the only options unless you get someone who relies a bit to heavily on the weapon arts.

While I'm waiting for the GOTY edition to play this, I was wondering as I die endlessly in DS1's Great Hollow- does DS3 retain DS2's loss of health in increments upon death? I liked it in theory but in practice I usually ended up at the bottom of its limit pretty quickly.

While I'm waiting for the GOTY edition to play this, I was wondering as I die endlessly in DS1's Great Hollow- does DS3 retain DS2's loss of health in increments upon death? I liked it in theory but in practice I usually ended up at the bottom of its limit pretty quickly.

Nope. You get an additional % of health whenever you burn an Ember or defeat a boss and you'll lose that % if you die, needing another Ember/boss kill to regain it.

Sarcasm

I just got the carthus curved sword...how should I upgrade this thing? I guess I am quality as I been just boosting both END and STR.

Tarkus

I just got the carthus curved sword...how should I upgrade this thing? I guess I am quality as I been just boosting both END and STR.
It's a quality weapon, with both dex and str. I would wait and see what the patch does to it before investing a slab. You know it was nerfed. It looks like it was not affected that much. Still, keep that in mind.

Wow, they're really lenient with NPC summons in DS3, I just took Eygon all the way into Farron Keep to fight Heysel. I assumed like earlier games he would've leashed at a natural area barrier but he followed me right through. Kind of makes me want to see how far you can take an NPC in the world!

RiggyRob

Wow, they're really lenient with NPC summons in DS3, I just took Eygon all the way into Farron Keep to fight Heysel. I assumed like earlier games he would've leashed at a natural area barrier but he followed me right through. Kind of makes me want to see how far you can take an NPC in the world!

Pimmsy tried taking him into Farron Keep the front way - he died trying to follow her down the ladder.

Technically, if you cleared out everything in the way the barrier would canonically be Irithyll.

Top Bottom