• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Sarcasm

3. One of which blocks an NPC quest. The other 2 are conflicting summons. You can apparently get them both later, but I'm not sure about that and if I can send one of the AI home for the other, that'd solve my worry. As for the other stuff, not sure. I don't have the rewards for the Watchers in front of me.

This run I think I screwed Sirris as I helped her but didn't get NPC invasion before fighting the boss.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
All I know is, I want those three Gestures for the achievement. One of which blocks Sirris' quest and the other two block each other depending on which one I summon. (But apparently the only one I lose is the one that blocks Sirris')

I'm wondering if someone could summon me, do the Sirris' blocking summon and I'd learn the gesture that way without the summon counting against me.

RiggyRob

So, is level 45 too high for Faron's Keep's bossfight? Put a sign down and nothing.

Speaking of which, you can apparently get 3 gestures from that fight. Is it possible to
summon each one and send them home. I know one of them counts against Sirris' quest, so if I can summon, learn the gesture and have them sent home to avoid breaking that quest...
?

I think the reason why one of them blocks Sirris' quest is that it requires
joining Rosaria's covenant
, but otherwise you should be able to summon one, learn the gesture, banish them, summon another and learn the second gesture.

TheSeks

I think the reason why one of them blocks Sirris' quest is that it requires
joining Rosaria's covenant
, but otherwise you should be able to summon one, learn the gesture, banish them, summon another and learn the second gesture.

Nothing in the Github lists mentions the spoiler, even though it's tied to that. AFAIK you can summon them from them invading you despite not being part of that convent.

As it is, I'll get the other two NPC summon's gestures if you're right about being able to send them back to their worlds then.

I've never played a souls series before.
But I'm interested in trying it out.

Is the DLC binds to an account? The DLC is on my brother's account but both our account is from the same region.

I'm referring to the console version btw. PSN to be exact.

Nothing in the Github lists mentions the spoiler, even though it's tied to that. AFAIK you can summon them from them invading you despite not being part of that convent.

As it is, I'll get the other two NPC summon's gestures if you're right about being able to send them back to their worlds then.

Actually, you need to give one tongue to Rosaria in order to get the gesture (before defeating Abyss Watchers), so you can summon Yellowfinger, that effectively locks you out of Sirris quest (and no, using tongues to respec or change your character dosn't count)

The other two dosn't block each other, but for one you need to at least make Yuria appear.

MattyG

Banned
Finally made it to the final boss. Whewwww, this second phase is a doozy. Can't even make it through the first without a summon.

TheSeks

Actually, you need to give one tongue to Rosaria in order to get the gesture (before defeating Abyss Watchers), so you can summon Yellowfinger, that effectively locks you out of Sirris quest (and no, using tongues to respec or change your character dosn't count)

The other two dosn't block each other, but for one you need to at least make Yuria appear.

What zkjellberg.github.io tells me:

You can summon Yellowfinger Heysel in Farron Keep right after the KEep Ruins bonfire for the Abyss Watchers fight if you killed her in Road of Sacrifices, but you'll need to have given a Pale Tongue to Rosaria, which will block you out of Sirris' Quest line, so I recommend saving this part for another playthrough. You'll gain the Porper Bow Gesture after her summon

So, what you're both telling me is: I can't summon them anyway since
I haven't given a Pale Tongue to anyone
and if I did it'd block me.

Okay. I'll worry about that next play-through I guess. I'll worry about the other two tonight if I can get Embered from summoned to defeat the boss.

What zkjellberg.github.io tells me:

So, what you're both telling me is: I can't summon them anyway since
I haven't given a Pale Tongue to anyone
and if I did it'd block me.

Okay. I'll worry about that next play-through I guess. I'll worry about the other two tonight if I can get Embered from summoned to defeat the boss.

What the guide says is correct, but once you defeat Abyss Watchers that won't work anymore,
so is not like you can complete Sirris quest then go back and try to get the gesture
. You need two playthroughs for both things.

But you need two more anyway for the plat.

TheSeks

lmao.
Aybss Watchers
pretty much will fight amongst itself but
it'll spawn more of them
in that first phase, which you have to watch out for. Got ganked laughing at them pulling that.

Also yeah. You can banish the first two after getting their Gestures to learn the other. Boom. Now to go through the crypt. But I forget how you make sure the enemies there STAY despawned.

lmao.
Aybss Watchers
pretty much will fight amongst itself but
it'll spawn more of them
in that first phase, which you have to watch out for. Got ganked laughing at them pulling that.

Also yeah. You can banish the first two after getting their Gestures to learn the other. Boom. Now to go through the crypt. But I forget how you make sure the enemies there STAY despawned.

Skeletons with red eyes -> you need to kill them twice. The other ones are just normal.

Or kill them with a blessed weapon.

TheSeks

Skeletons with red eyes -> you need to kill them twice. The other ones are just normal.

Or kill them with a blessed weapon.

I picked up a Mace which seems to stun them. But I keep getting swarmed. I can't kill them enough with 5 Estus +3's it seems. The red eye'd ones absolutely wreck me because they just guard break me and I have no stamina to counter-attack.

I think I've hit my wall. Especially since I'm trying to wait for
Karla
to get Blessed Weapon.

grmlin

I've never played a souls series before.
But I'm interested in trying it out.

Is the DLC binds to an account? The DLC is on my brother's account but both our account is from the same region.

I'm referring to the console version btw. PSN to be exact.

Just try it? When you start the game you'll see the DLC name in the upper left corner if it's active.

Your brothers account has to be the primary one on your PS4 though.

Amazing game, I think my GOTY 2016

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I picked up a Mace which seems to stun them. But I keep getting swarmed. I can't kill them enough with 5 Estus +3's it seems. The red eye'd ones absolutely wreck me because they just guard break me and I have no stamina to counter-attack.

I think I've hit my wall. Especially since I'm trying to wait for
Karla
to get Blessed Weapon.
The red eyed ones as in the super floaty guys who dual wield shotels? Those guys are so much tougher than they look.

MattyG

Banned
And that's playthrough #1 down. I can't decide if I want to wait for DLC 2 and just do a fresh playthrough before I get to AoA and that, or if I should play AoA right now. Hmmmm.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Just defeated the Twin Princes, that was <15 tries, it was by far the hardest boss I've had to face, pretty much everyone before didn't even reach 10 tries, I'll be doing the optional bosses like
Oceiros, Ancient Wyvern and Champion Gundyr
before the final one, I'm thinking about leaving Nameless King to last.

TheSeks

The red eyed ones as in the super floaty guys who dual wield shotels? Those guys are so much tougher than they look.

Yeah. I struggled with the non-Skeleton double-weapon'd guy in the previous area (where you have to go past a bunch of skeletons across a bridge to face him) as well. Mostly due to how fast they attack and how much more stamina they have to where I get broken before I can counter-attack.

Anustart

Just got past boss in the catacombs, first try. Any thing I should be doing before progressing? I'm not using a guide, and I never summon npcs or people for bosses. I know npcs have quests and stuff, but never really find anything.

Just got past boss in the catacombs, first try. Any thing I should be doing before progressing? I'm not using a guide, and I never summon npcs or people for bosses. I know npcs have quests and stuff, but never really find anything.
There is an NPC event in the Catacombs. Someone you've already come across
Anri

Also
There is a 'hidden' path to an optional area in the Catacombs well worth finding
<----- Catacombs secret spoiler, not NPC-related.

Sarcasm

If you are doing the marriage ending you need to have talked to one of the dudes you met in road of sacrifices. He is in a hallway than around that bridge that you can knock down.

Sarcasm

Manage I have issues with doing the simplest things like fighting those bleeding dudes in the grave section after no baby boss.

Than I one shot the second tutorial boss -.-

Than I proceed to die to the silver knight dudes after it 50+ times already.

Akuun

Yeah. I struggled with the non-Skeleton double-weapon'd guy in the previous area (where you have to go past a bunch of skeletons across a bridge to face him) as well. Mostly due to how fast they attack and how much more stamina they have to where I get broken before I can counter-attack.
Those guys are so weird because of how they alternate between fast and delayed attacks. I get caught up in their pace too easily.

Sometimes I try to dodge roll and punish hits, but then I screw up and potentially die.

There are other times when I went "fuck it", ran in with R1 spam, and just stunlocked them to death in seconds.

Anustart

Just beat the cathedral of the deep. Did this backwards me thinks. Boss there was pretty easy. Am I missing something in the boss room though? Message says visions of look carefully. Probably a troll but who knows.

Just beat the cathedral of the deep. Did this backwards me thinks. Boss there was pretty easy. Am I missing something in the boss room though? Message says visions of look carefully. Probably a troll but who knows.
After you sit at the bonfire there's an armour set in front of the altar.

Goldboy

Just finished the Ashes of Ariandel expansion and feel compelled to talk about how much I enjoyed the
Sister Friede
boss fight. This has to be one of the best fights in the entire series atmospherically and I got chills when
Ariandel screamed after seeing his daughter's body. Such a cool moment.
The fight took me about three hours to beat since I was on NG+2 and everything did massive damage, and
fighting the first two phases over and over just to get to the third
got annoying but I still had a lot of fun.

acidagfc

Just a week ago I was all like "nah, Souls games are not for me, too hardcore, I can't possibly enjoy getting murdered over and over again".

Well here I am now, sitting at work and only wanting to get back home and shred Abyss Watcher to pieces. This motherfucker. I will get him and I refuse to use summons, that's cheating.

Akuun

I'm trying to get through the game without summons either, though I like being summoned to help other people.

Are there NPC quests that require you to summon people for boss fights? I knew there were a few in DS2 but I don't know if there are any in DS3.

Did the season pass have a nice sale over the past few months? I haven't been into the game since around launch, but I've been working on a magic run, and figure grabbing the current and future DLC isn't a terrible idea. I see GMG has it for $21.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Beat dancer last night, first point in the game where it's getting up to Bloodborne difficulty. The sheer number of attack patterns, and the fact I was using the Berserk sword made it pretty rough going.

What a great fight!

kanamechan

First time Souls player (so a lot of the stuff in the game makes little sense to me and my build is probably considered stupid by the majority of players with my 45 Vitality to carry all the armor, but then I'm hardly a pro at this stuff xD;) but...

Gosh,
that Nameless king
was one hell of a boss. The earlier ones didn't give me much trouble, but this thing sure took 14 or 15 tries o_O

And... I still wonder.
If a friend hadn't told me specifically to use an emote there, I'd never have found the place where you are supposed to use the emote. I found other stuff myself, such as the place where I GET that emote, but this...? Is there a hint I missed somewhere? XD;

Sure is a wacky game. The secrets and overall gameplay style really reminds me of games I played as a teen. I could do with a bit less grimdark, mind, but sure love the exploration this game had. Are 2 and 1 as good on that?

grmlin

First time Souls player (so a lot of the stuff in the game makes little sense to me and my build is probably considered stupid by the majority of players with my 45 Vitality to carry all the armor, but then I'm hardly a pro at this stuff xD;) but...

Gosh,
that Nameless king
was one hell of a boss. The earlier ones didn't give me much trouble, but this thing sure took 14 or 15 tries o_O

And... I still wonder.
If a friend hadn't told me specifically to use an emote there, I'd never have found the place where you are supposed to use the emote. I found other stuff myself, such as the place where I GET that emote, but this...? Is there a hint I missed somewhere? XD;

Sure is a wacky game. The secrets and overall gameplay style really reminds me of games I played as a teen. I could do with a bit less grimdark, mind, but sure love the exploration this game had. Are 2 and 1 as good on that?

You have a PS4? Get Bloodborne!

TheSeks

Is there anyway to respawn the Lizard in the Catacombs? It seems like I hit it once or twice, it disappeared and quit-reloading doesn't work and/or traveling to Firelink Shrine and coming back.

grmlin

Is there anyway to respawn the Lizard in the Catacombs? It seems like I hit it once or twice, it disappeared and quit-reloading doesn't work and/or traveling to Firelink Shrine and coming back.

You mean the small one on the plattform? Normally it falls down into the darkness. Maybe you clicked the item away without noticing?

TheSeks

You mean the small one on the plattform? Normally it falls down into the darkness. Maybe you clicked the item away without noticing?

No, it fell into darkness and while it was falling I quit to menu. Reloaded and nothing. Teleported elsewhere came back, nothing.

I have no clue why it isn't spawning.

grmlin

No, it fell into darkness and while it was falling I quit to menu. Reloaded and nothing. Teleported elsewhere came back, nothing.

I have no clue why it isn't spawning.

Why would you do that? Quitting into the menu?

Anyway, maybe the game already registered the item and it's in your inventory?

TheSeks

Answers that then.

After like 4 hours of struggling, get a Sunbro for "High Lord Wolnir" and die RIGHT the boss dies. Somehow the game counts that as a confirmed defeat, get the achievement, get the souls get spawned back at the last bonfire. Run back there and get my souls that are like 20,000 from defeating him. Laughing because I'm pretty sure the Sunbro was like "WTF" at defeating and getting the souls as well probably.

Sarcasm

Answers that then.

After like 4 hours of struggling, get a Sunbro for "High Lord Wolnir" and die RIGHT the boss dies. Somehow the game counts that as a confirmed defeat, get the achievement, get the souls get spawned back at the last bonfire. Run back there and get my souls that are like 20,000 from defeating him. Laughing because I'm pretty sure the Sunbro was like "WTF" at defeating and getting the souls as well probably.

I had an interesting moment to with that boss!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwaafqyZokY

acidagfc

Hey, I have a question.

I got Yuria in my shrine and at first she was offering a levelup.
I thought hollowing and her questline were some knd of a bad thing, so I did not accept her services.
Now I actually want to, but she is not offering levelups anymore. I have 5 sigils on my charachter, been up to 100 hollow, tried cleaning the hollowing with the stone she sells, no luck. What are the specific rules here? I am just past Abyss Watchers, btw.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Any rough ETA on DLC #2?

Waiting for it to drop alongside the first one so I can play through the game again :)

jonjonaug

Hey, I have a question.

I got Yuria in my shrine and at first she was offering a levelup.
I thought hollowing and her questline were some knd of a bad thing, so I did not accept her services.
Now I actually want to, but she is not offering levelups anymore. I have 5 sigils on my charachter, been up to 100 hollow, tried cleaning the hollowing with the stone she sells, no luck. What are the specific rules here? I am just past Abyss Watchers, btw.

Yuria doesn't offer levelups.

Top Bottom