• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Patch 1.04.2 is out for PC. I'm hoping this one has the anti-cheat fixes but doesn't include that nasty stutter bug.

Edit: So far so good!
thats good to hear won't be able to play until Friday

The only real "good" stuff from NG+ are the rings, right? So I could just speed run my way through the game without picking up anything else or doing quests etc. Nothing else changes?
yeah I speed ran through the game. Took me about ~2 hours with a few random deaths and messing around. I found all the rings after I killed all the bosses.

Soulhouf

Every time I go to that area to fight Aldrich, I see phantoms with symbol of avarice near the bonfire.
What are they doing? Are they farming Silver Knights or something?

Coldsun

Banned
Welp, the bulk of my journey is finished for a single character.

Completed NG as level 1. Got all the rings besides havels (needed the soul for a spell) and the ones offered by Yuriel. Most of the miracles and pyromancies (may of gotten them all on NG). Farmed all of the covenant items at this point as well. Went with Ending 1

Finished NG+ and got the missing havel ring and the NG+ rings. Went with ending 2. Soul level still 1.

Finished NG++ and got the remainder of the rings. Had to take 5 levels due to the stupid Yoel and leveling to get Dark Sigils. Yuriel spawning allowed me to get the remainder of the rings and such though. Final Soul Level was 3.

Was nice to do an All achievement (platinum) character at the lowest possible level and no wep upgrades.

Hope to now find someone to help me trade over items to a new character.

Meccs

I think since stacking bleed is pretty much worthless compared to just using Rouge on its own, I might go ahead and finally infuse Brigand Twindaggers with hollowed and see how well that works with Rouge.
I spend a while with a bleed build but went back to Quality with Rouge if I want to bleed someone- or thing. Rouge is just so effective on its own.

I do hope they change it so that bleed focused builds are the only ones that can get that much bleed. After learning about how bleed doesn't stack very well, it's another build that Quality completely obsoletes and now I'm kind of mad I bought into the hype.

Deku Tree

What are good stats for a STR/DEX build? Using the Dark Sword. I'm around lvl 55 now.

How do I get to be able to throw those blue magic ball things?

What are good stats for a STR/DEX build? Using the Dark Sword. I'm around lvl 55 now.

How do I get to be able to throw those blue magic ball things?
Blue magic balls things, would be magic. You need to buy the spell(s), equip a staff that you have the stats to use, level up Intelligence (it's like leveling up a weapon to make it stronger, it makes your magic stronger) and level up Attunement for more FP and more attunement slots (magic spells currently equipped). Attune (equip) spells at a bonfire.

LiK

I noticed this as well. Not sure why, but it is a stark contrast to when DS2 came out. Seems like the little guys are taking advantage of the situation.

I don't know what the hell Vaati is doing. He missed pretty much the entire first month of the game's release when it comes to worthwhile content, only doing some "things you missed" videos. I mean it's his loss. I've already spent so much time poring over the lore myself at this point I'm pretty sure I have no more need for videos. Obviously Vaati can do what he wants but I'm just baffled at the general lack of content he's put out. I'd be pissed if I were one of his patrons.

Yea, I noticed the existing lore videos from the other Youtubers have over 100k views so people are thirsty for it. Who knows what's going but yea, I bet Patrons are wondering what's going on as well.

Fireflu

It's so frustrating watching ENB's playthrough! Has he just completely forgotten about the Consumed Garden... He was about 3 meters away from the boss fog gate when he died there, then just completely forgot about the area all together :/

Been really anticipating him discovering the dragon gesture (and Untended Graves) so that he can access Archdragon Peak (assuming that he remembers where to use it...).

I honestly just cant believe this is the same guy who co-wrote the Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne guides. Though I am aware his main duties involved weapon stats and such. But it just seems crazy to be how unobservant he can be, memory of a gold fish at times. And he tends to make so many brash assumptions without knowing the full picture. I know this is a complete blind playthrough (AND offline too so no online message hints) but god damn... It's my fault for continuing to watch his playthrough at this point though XD

Meccs

I just beat the last boss at SL66 with +6 Carthus Curved Sword with Rouge and quality build solo. The L2/R2 combo when he goes down on his knees is deadly in combination with the Rouge. It took almost 1/4 of his last bit of health. I was so surprised that he was already dead. Oh and yeah, that was my first try too!

LiK

It's so frustrating watching ENB's playthrough! Has he just completely forgotten about the Consumed Garden... He was about 3 meters away from the boss fog gate when he died there, then just completely forgot about the area all together :/

Been really anticipating him discovering the dragon gesture (and Untended Graves) so that he can access Archdragon Peak (assuming that he remembers where to use it...).

I honestly just cant believe this is the same guy who co-wrote the Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne guides. Though I am aware his main duties involved weapon stats and such. But it just seems crazy to be how unobservant he can be, memory of a gold fish at times. And he tends to make so many brash assumptions without knowing the full picture. I know this is a complete blind playthrough (AND offline too so no online message hints) but god damn... It's my fault for continuing to watch his playthrough at this point though XD

Yea, I dunno how he can so quickly forget where he is after just one ep. if he would just run around the area and look around find the other bonfires he unlocked, he wouldn't be doing those long ass runbacks to the boss in Lothric. That was worrisome to me.

Not sure why he's playing offline cuz messages are a part of the game so even if it's blind, getting tips from players is part of the experience. Not like he needs to read all of them.

strafer

Yea, I dunno how he can so quickly forget where he is after just one ep. if he would just run around the area and look around find the other bonfires he unlocked, he wouldn't be doing those long ass runbacks to the boss in Lothric. That was worrisome to me.

Not sure why he's playing offline cuz messages are a part of the game so even if it's blind, getting tips from players is part of the experience. Not like he needs to read all of them.

I never play these games online. Getting invaded and killed is not fun.

GulAtiCa

Since I now have 10 Proofs anyways. I'll just get the Ring and say fuck it to the Miracle spell. My right be much easier to create a low character build to help others and get proofs that way. And use that character to get all miracles.

Come on, just a messages placement can be a huge clue as to WHY it's there without even reading them.

I played blind offline my first playthrough for all games DS2 onwards and that's how I like it - I want to discover things for myself, even if I miss some stuff (actually I've given up on online/PvP completely, I just can't be arsed any more and it would be the only thing I'd be paying for PSN for, so why bother).

LiK

Not a huge deal. Invasions don't happen often and there's always a cooldown after an invasion. I only got invaded twice by real players in my entire NG playthrough. If you're Embered, you get invaded by NPCs which is just as entertaining.

Come on, just a messages placement can be a huge clue as to WHY it's there without even reading them.

I played blind offline my first playthrough for all games DS2 onwards and that's how I like it - I want to discover things for myself, even if I miss some stuff (actually I've given up on online/PvP completely, I just can't be arsed any more and it would be the only thing I'd be paying for PSN for, so why bother).

Play however you want. i went the other way. I never played online in my first playthrough until DkS2. Online is more entertaining, imo and some of the messages left by players crack me up.

zma1013

They did carry to NG+. I assume here they reset because one questline requires you to give certain ash to the maiden. Really annoying that the shop becomes useless for most of the NG+ run.

Yeah it sucks especially for arrow users because of the smaller inventory cap. How far in does it take to unlock great arrows for instance?

Meccs

What??!?! Ok, but messages and blood stains are. The game just feels different with " player ghosts" running around. The whole online thing is a big part for me. Even if you don't do PvP.

Play however you want. i went the other way. I never played online in my first playthrough until DkS2. Online is more entertaining, imo and some of the messages left by players crack me up.
Messages are fun yeah, but they're not worth paying for PSN for me, I think my PC would melt under DS3!

LiK

I would gladly love NG+ more if they didn't make you find the key items again and made the game way harder with different enemy placements.

Soulhouf

I would gladly love NG+ more if they didn't make you find the key items again and made the game way harder with different enemy placements.

I don't think changing enemy placement is necessarily a good thing. Those were carefully placed where they are for a reason. Also it would mess up my memorization >_>
It would've been neat if they put something similar to pure black world tendency though. That's one of the coolest ideas of Demon's Souls.

I'm thinking about giving up on making another PVP build and starting on a gimmick challenge run where everytime I want to level up, I roll 3d4 then subtract 3 from that result and that is the stat I have to put all of my points into for that level up.

Tarkus

I played through the entire game embered and got invaded 5-6 times. Mostly by area covenants, maybe once by a red phantom. Large parties definitely take priority in the invasion system.

Sarcasm

I have came to a point where I will probably stop playing.

First of all I got past dancer (on my first try mind you) and proceed to be one shot by the knight dudes (not buffed by the mage dude). Why even have bosses if the mobs are stronger...and seem to have over 40 points in a lot of stats.

Secondly the auto covenant thing barely works. I only gotten summoned twice in the last hour. Then there is the netcode. Sure I won. just dreading this stupid PvP system.

So I am at a standstill. I can't stand against the mobs after dancer nor does the PvP system thingy work. I got my 30 medals that was quick..less then a minute after slapping down the sign.

zma1013

First of all I got past dancer (on my first try mind you) and proceed to be one shot by the knight dudes (not buffed by the mage dude). Why even have bosses if the mobs are stronger...and seem to have over 40 points in a lot of stats.

Secondly the auto covenant thing barely works. I only gotten summoned twice in the last hour. Then there is the netcode. Sure I won. just dreading this stupid PvP system.

So I am at a standstill. I can't stand against the mobs after dancer nor does the PvP system thingy work. I got my 30 medals that was quick..less then a minute after slapping down the sign.

So try summoning help for that area. Then the knights are cake with backstabbing.

LiK

I don't think changing enemy placement is necessarily a good thing. Those were carefully placed where they are for a reason. Also it would mess up my memorization >_>
It would've been neat if they put something similar to pure black world tendency though. That's one of the coolest ideas of Demon's Souls.

Or DkS2 style red phantom enemies. Loved how they ambushed me in areas I thought I was familiar with. Made NG+ pretty exciting.

JDB

Banned

Just run past.

Deku Tree

I am running a STR/DEX build. I am currently 25/25 STR/DEX and 20/20 Vigor/Endurance. I think I'm SL58 or 59.

Should I keep increasing STR/DEX or should I increase Vigor/Endurance more now?

Is it good to aim for 40/40 STR/DEX and 40/40 Vigor/Endurance? Or do I need a lot less Vigor/Endurance?

Thanks!

Meccs

I am running a STR/DEX build. I am currently 25/25 STR/DEX and 20/20 Vigor/Endurance. I think I'm SL58 or 59.

Should I keep increasing STR/DEX or should I increase Vigor/Endurance more now?

Is it good to aim for 40/40 STR/DEX and 40/40 Vigor/Endurance? Or do I need a lot less Vigor/Endurance?

Thanks!

I ended my last playthrough at SL66.
VIG 27, End 20, STR/DEX 31/31.
Higher END if you use UGS etc. 20 for most other stuff is fine though. I would just up VIG now to 27 and then bring DEX+STR up. 40/40 STR/DEX is pretty much meta.

Deku Tree

I beat my last playthrough with SL66.
VIG 27, End 20, STR/DEX 31.
Higher END if you use UGS etc. 20 for most other stuff is fine though. I would just up VIG now to 27 and then bring DEX+STR up. 40/40 STR/DEX is pretty much meta.

Thanks! I have been using Dark Sword and 20 End seems pretty good for now. Was thinking about finishing the game with it. I like the move speed.

zma1013

Hopefully they do more then me. My BS/Parry only does like 565 max. Which isn't even a 1/3 of their HP.

It doesnt matter, one guy distracts and plays defensive so as not to get hit, while the other goes in for a relatively easy backstab. Rinse, repeat on virtually any backstabable enemy until dead.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Are there any sort of roll augmentations like the Dark Wood Grain Ring in this game? I have the one that makes you invisible, but it's not super useful other than the dex boost.

GulAtiCa

I respec to new stats. I decided to go from 25 Vig to 30. Increased End by 3 lvs too.

So I'm now: (Pyro build with Chaos Claymore)
Lv 125
Vig: 30
Att: 35
End: 23
Vit: 15
Str: 19
Dex: 15
Int: 35
Fth: 35
Luck: 7

I am only at 19 Str so I can use the Dragonrider Bow over the Longbow. Else I'd be at 16 Str, so I can use the Dark Sword

Top Bottom