• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Deku Tree

I ended my last playthrough at SL66.
VIG 27, End 20, STR/DEX 31/31.
Higher END if you use UGS etc. 20 for most other stuff is fine though. I would just up VIG now to 27 and then bring DEX+STR up. 40/40 STR/DEX is pretty much meta.

Why is 27 VIG good instead of 25 or 30?

I have came to a point where I will probably stop playing.

First of all I got past dancer (on my first try mind you) and proceed to be one shot by the knight dudes (not buffed by the mage dude). Why even have bosses if the mobs are stronger...and seem to have over 40 points in a lot of stats.

Secondly the auto covenant thing barely works. I only gotten summoned twice in the last hour. Then there is the netcode. Sure I won. just dreading this stupid PvP system.

So I am at a standstill. I can't stand against the mobs after dancer nor does the PvP system thingy work. I got my 30 medals that was quick..less then a minute after slapping down the sign.
There's another bonfire really, really shortly after the Dancer boss room, so there's no need to face the 2 or 3 Lothric Knights inbetween them after you get to the bonfire, you can even run it. Also are you killing the enemies that buff and heal them?

Lothric Castle is like Titanite Chunk candyland so you will be able to get your weapon to +9 or +10 in no time which should help if you haven't already. The Knights do hit like a truck though, that first one after the ladder up from the Dancer bonfire is a real wake-up call if you haven't got parry timings down on them already.

Sarcasm

There's another bonfire really, really shortly after the Dancer boss room, so there's no need to face the 2 or 3 Lothric Knights inbetween them after you get to the bonfire, you can even run it. Also are you killing the enemies that buff and heal them?

Lothric Castle is like Titanite Chunk candyland so you will be able to get your weapon to +9 or +10 in no time which should help if you haven't already.

The first time they did buff. Mainly attempts later they never have. Punks!

Welp, the bulk of my journey is finished for a single character.

Completed NG as level 1. Got all the rings besides havels (needed the soul for a spell) and the ones offered by Yuriel. Most of the miracles and pyromancies (may of gotten them all on NG). Farmed all of the covenant items at this point as well. Went with Ending 1

Finished NG+ and got the missing havel ring and the NG+ rings. Went with ending 2. Soul level still 1.

Finished NG++ and got the remainder of the rings. Had to take 5 levels due to the stupid Yoel and leveling to get Dark Sigils. Yuriel spawning allowed me to get the remainder of the rings and such though. Final Soul Level was 3.

Was nice to do an All achievement (platinum) character at the lowest possible level and no wep upgrades.

Hope to now find someone to help me trade over items to a new character.
Words cannot describe the level of hatred and distaste I have for you. I had problems beating the game(there were 5 bosses I had to summon for) while leveling and having +10, and +5 weapons, and you do it without leveling your character or weapons?!

Congratulations on your insanity:p I tried a SL 1 in Dark Souls 1 but never finished. Just have the bosses of the DLC and the final boss though.

silva1991

Orphan of Kos, argueably the hardest Soulsborne boss game ever.

Orphan of Kos AKA My Nemesis.

I really really hope he uploads some Old Hunter's content, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

iirc, his girlfriend had a miscarriage and the constant references to pregnancy in the game were too much for him.

I thought he the depressing atmosphere of the game is what got to him, but this is whole another story.

Audioboxer

Why is 27 VIG good instead of 25 or 30?

It gets you to 1000 health unkindled. 1300 kindled.

By the way the refined dark sword on a quality build really is a beast. I really just do PvE, but when I've been invaded I've almost felt bad doing r1 spam to win lol.

My new favourite fashion souls as well

Black Knight Helm
Armour of Thorns
Gauntlets of Thorns
Black Knight leggings

Refined Dark Sword
Black Knight Shield (for PvE)

69.6% weight on starting warrior 11 vitality and havels ring. Look like a scary mofo as well.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Finished NG++ and got the remainder of the rings. Had to take 5 levels due to the stupid Yoel and leveling to get Dark Sigils. Yuriel spawning allowed me to get the remainder of the rings and such though. Final Soul Level was 3.

Wat. How is this possible? Typo?

Anyway, congrats, that's pretty insane...

Meccs

What's up with invasions today on PC? Takes forever to find a world, on all my characters.

Also Sunbor for jolly coop PvP. Yeah right, that never works...

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Watching ENB's playthrough is kind of confusing- he tears through bosses I had trouble with (TP, DA, ODK though that last one might be because I was soul level 30) then struggles with SOC of all things.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Watching ENB's playthrough is kind of confusing- he tears through bosses I had trouble with (TP, DA, ODK though that last one might be because I was soul level 30) then struggles with SOC of all things.
I have no idea what half of these acronyms are... lol

SOC = last boss right? He was pretty hard for me too. Relentless aggressive attacks and 2 HP bars.
DA = Dragonslayer Armour? Easy, never had problems.

No idea what TP and ODK are...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I have no idea what half of these acronyms are... lol

SOC = last boss right? He was pretty hard for me too. Relentless aggressive attacks and 2 HP bars.
DA = Dragonslayer Armour? Easy, never had problems.

No idea what TP and ODK are...

Twin Princes and Old Demon King.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Oh. Yeah the Princes are really hard too. The only boss where I struggled with both my dex and my mage.

Old Demon King... he's annoying to melee, for sure. But nothing that can't really be brute-forced in the end I'd say. xD

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah sorry, been talking in a group of friends with someone who hasn't played the game yet, old habits die hard.

Demon King was one shotting me at 15 vigour with counter hits, which was probably the real problem and not the boss itself.

SkylineRKR

OoK is one of the harder bosses, but he can be parried etc.

I think Laurence is the hardest boss. That guy gave me serious trouble for days, well after beating OoK.

Deku Tree

OMG the official guide told me to defeat one of
Sulyvahn's Beast because it will never reappear. But online it says you should run past it and it re-appears later on, and when you run past it you get a secret summon into Sirris world that gets you a Silvercat Ring that you can otherwise never get if you defeat the first Sulyvahn's Beast the first time you see it...
And I already defeated it too.

GulAtiCa

OMG the official guide told me to defeat one of
Sulyvahn's Beast because it will never reappear. But online it says you should run past it and it re-appears later on, and when you run past it you get a secret summon into Sirris world that gets you a Silvercat Ring that you can otherwise never get if you defeat the first Sulyvahn's Beast the first time you see it...
And I already defeated it too.

It doesn't reappear. You get 2 more though, but that is a separate ones (and in a hidden/optional area). also,that Sirris sign is there even if you deaf the monster. That is how I got it, but you have to do her questline correctly.

Basically: Don't believe what you read online

Deku Tree

It doesn't reappear. You get 2 more though, but that is a separate ones (and in a hidden/optional area). also,that Sirris sign is there even if you deaf the monster. That is how I got it, but you have to do her questline correctly.

Basically: Don't believe what you read online

Oh wow. How do I get the
Sirris
sign? I've been doing everything that it says to do here

http://zkjellberg.github.io/dark-souls-3-cheat-sheet/

This is from the official guide apparently though. LOL what garbage. I hope Deku didn't pay for it...

I did pay for it. And it's great. Love the maps. Very happy with the purchase.

Edit: And according to GulAtiCa the official guide was correct. The guide is not perfect but I also got a code for the online version that is continued to be updated to fix mistakes.

Ferr986

To be fair, I've been helping players going through
Irithyll
and saw the dog spawning in the "swamp" area of the city. I don't know if that's because they ran from it.

GulAtiCa

Oh wow. How do I get the
Sirris
sign? I've been doing everything that it says to do here

http://zkjellberg.github.io/dark-souls-3-cheat-sheet/

I did pay for it. And it's great. Love the maps. Very happy with the purchase.

Edit: And according to GulAtiCa the official guide was correct. The guide is not perfect but I also got a code for the online version that is continued to be updated to fix mistakes.

Did you do what it says here:?
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Sirris+of+the+Sunless+Realms

You can't give a Pale Tongue, as it pisses her off. (If you equipped Rosaria's covanent early on before the patch, that piss her off to, but not anymore)

To be fair, I've been helping players going through
Irithyll
and saw the dog spawning in the "swamp" area of the city. I don't know if that's because they ran from it.

Yeah, apparently if you skip it, it just jumps off the bridge later on. lol

GulAtiCa

Didn't know it was even skipabble. I freaked out the first time I saw him popping there lol

Me either till I heard from someone else here that actually skipped it, who then got a nice surprise later on. lol.

In NG+, I killed it with 3 powerful fireballs before it even took 1 step. lol

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bleh I need to go back and do the DS2 DLC after this now that we mention it. And play Demon's Souls. And get a PS4 for Bloodborne lmao

LiK

Bleh I need to go back and do the DS2 DLC after this now that we mention it. And play Demon's Souls. And get a PS4 for Bloodborne lmao

Yes you should. DkS3 is a love letter too the Soulsborne series and the references are all over the place.

Top Bottom