• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Arjen

Don't forget the Carthus ring that makes you invisible while rolling. That one gives another 3 DEX.

You also got the prisoner chain ring which gives you 5 levels in VIT vigor and endurance. So with all those rings you've got 28 levels in you're ring slots.

Tarkus

I'm so much better at DS2 PvP. It's so buttery smooth at 60 fps.

Why didn't they bring the Loyce Greatsword back to DS3?

Meccs

Anyone on PC that would drop 4 of the +2/+3 rings with the backup save file method for me? I don't need all. I know it's shitty but whatever...

Meccs

tfw you invade a host with a summon, a blue appears, and they use a seed, followed by you killing all the summons and when the host is alone, they disconnect

Happens all the time. What pisses me off the most though is when I kill a summon and the host just runs back and summons the same guy again. That should no be allowed! I even think summoning someone if a invader is in your game should not be possible. Equip the WotB if you need help!

I thought PVP felt a lot better in DS2, but it's all behind me now.

I finally looked at the Roster of Knight and I see that the top 5 guys cashed in over a 1000 proofs of concord kept each. I don't know what to say to that.

H4X. Or, if that counter is server-side then he offered like say 10 or something, re-wrote his save, offered 10, re-wrote his save, etc.

DS2 feels more "real" I think

Eh kinda. I do like the roll distance more, but it feels rough for me.

Tarkus

I thought PVP felt a lot better in DS2, but it's all behind me now.

I finally looked at the Roster of Knight and I see that the top 5 guys cashed in over a 1000 proofs of concord kept each. I don't know what to say to that.
The top 5 guys have nothing to do in their lives. You cause them to weep every time your paycheck goes through to your bank. Think about it like that.

Been playing DS2 and have been invaded twice while trying to get summoned in an area where I've beaten the boss. So many mechanics that DS3 should have expanded upon.

The top 5 guys have nothing to do in their lives. You cause them to weep every time your paycheck goes through to your bank. Think about it like that.

Been playing DS2 and have been invaded twice while trying to get summoned in an area where I've beaten the boss. So many mechanics that DS3 should have expanded upon.

I always put my sign down and ran into the boss room for DaS 2. Summon sign stays, but I can't be invaded MWUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

I keep seeing the Washing Pole on the loading screens but I don't believe I've come across it in game yet.

edit - Huh, ok. Just looked it up, the Shrine Handmaiden sells it and I have bought other stuff from her unlocked from the same ashes so I guess I just didn't see it. Not that I'm that into katanas of course!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Happens all the time. What pisses me off the most though is when I kill a summon and the host just runs back and summons the same guy again. That should no be allowed! I even think summoning someone if a invader is in your game should not be possible. Equip the WotB if you need help!
What the? That's patently ridiculous.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What's up with he Budding Green Blossoms? There's two icons for them and it only cost 10 Souls.

I think I'm finally getting the timing of parrying . Also the feeling of getting rewarded on PVP for it feels soooo gooooood

F9323C7F9D499A3A148152D800FD6820036BA723

neoism

I am at I
rithyll of the Boreal Valley.
This guide says that I am
about to reach a point where I will get two different endings if I do two different things.

http://zkjellberg.github.io/dark-souls-3-cheat-sheet/

It says:

Anri Progress: This is the major dividing point in Anri's story. From here on out, if you want to follow her quest line to its conclusion, follow Anri A. If you want the Usurpation of Fire ending, follow Anri B

Anri A Progress: (Slayer of Aldrich Ending) You'll eventually come across the Church of Yorshka bonfire and Anri will be in the same room. Exhaust her dialogue to receive the Quiet Resolve Gesture and then look towards the side of the room that has some stone statues. One of these is actually a pilgrim sent by Yuria using the Chameleon spell. Slash away at the statues until you find him and make sure he's dead. He'll drop the Chameleon spell for you as well

Anri B Progress: (Lord of Hollows Ending) Exhaust Anri's dialogue to receive the Quiet Resolve Gesture and do nothing in regards to the pilgrim

Which one is better?

If I save my save to USB at this point... then how long
will it take me to rush to the end to get the other ending on this USB save
?
son of a bitch.... does the pilgrim disappear after I kill pontiff... I was tryna do this in ng+

sigh....
I just talked to him and then killed the boss...
ds3 npcs are fucking terrible.... waaaaaay to easy to fuck up.... :/

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Lmao oh yeah that's something.
edit: on second thought maybe not, nothing really down here. I guess it's side quest related and I'm pretty sure I've already botched all of them.
Don't go in the boss room directly, but look by the door that lead to it the first time, above.

Of course yeah if you botched the related sidequest nothing will appear I guess....

Fashion Souls! Rolling a Faith build and slapped together a quick armour set. Helm, Gauntlets, & Leggings are from the Armour of Favour and the chestpiece is the Sunless Armour. I kinda dig it!

1ZiPiBq.png

Sarcasm

Keep getting auto summoned into gank squads. This is going to be slower to get the items isn't it. I ain't good at predicting 90's netcode.

Darkmoon still doesn't work with the family share trick.

I am on my 6th summon for aldritch.

Meccs

Keep getting auto summoned into gank squads. This is going to be slower to get the items isn't it. I ain't good at predicting 90's netcode.

Aldrich comes up every 30 seconds to 1 minute for me. At Level 60ish. The only thing that works.

I believe Aldrich summons two phantoms, no? Just wait for back-up

Tarkus

This is PvP in souls:

• Family share to get auto summons work
  • R1 spam to hell
  • predict netcode
  • gank squads
  • estoc thingy spam
  • host disconnecting
You forgot these weapons:
Black Knight Glaive
Glaive
Warden Twinblades with bleed buff
Exile Greatsword
Estoc
Witch's Locks
Dark Sword
Hyper armor of large axes
There's more I'm forgetting
My love song to you

Meccs

How does that work if I want to transfer some items from one char to another? A friend summons char1, I drop stuff, log to char2, friend summons char2 and I pick it up again? Does he have to touch the stuff?

How does that work if I want to transfer some items from one char to another? A friend summons char1, I drop stuff, log to char2, friend summons char2 and I pick it up again? Does he have to touch the stuff?

Yeah, he should pick it up just in case. Make sure he has everything before leaving, because sometimes an item doesn't show up when you drop it. So you gotta try a couple times. Just use a summon password and it should work fine.

I've personally done it a few times for my friends and it works perfectly fine.

Sarcasm

I am looking at the NG+ preparation guide:

30 Proof of a Concord Kepts for Blade of the Darkmoon/Blue Sentinels
30 Vertebrae Shackles for Mound-Makers
10 Human Dregs for Aldritch Faithful
30 Wolf's Blood Swordgrasses for Watchdog of Farron
10 Pale Tongues for Rosaria's Fingers
30 Sunlight Medals for Warrior of Sunlight (this one should be done either at first or last task)

Why are some only 10? Like Aldritch.

Top Bottom