• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Tidd

I think I have every ring except for the Wolf Ring and after farming Concords for 5 hours I don't want to do the same thing again. <.< So could someone please drop it for me? I'm on PS4.

Finished up NG+ today. I swear Sulyvahn hits harder than the last boss, or am I just imagining that? I can safely say he's the toughest boss in the game for me after two playthroughs.

I gotta say I really loved a ton of the bosses after Wolnir. From knocked it out of the park and they were consistently great with a few exceptions like Oceiros, Yhorm, and Ancient Wyvern (who wasn't really bad, just didn't seem like a boss).

That first half had me worried for the bosses for a second.

Is it possible to use a password to summon a friend and then remove the password to allow for random invasions? Because that would explain the bullshit gank squads in early places like the High Wall. Brand new players could just summon their level ~100 buddies with late game gear and despite their stats being scaled down to be more in line with the host they still do ridiculous damage with high AR weapons.

I'm pretty sure the blue icon next to the phantom's name means they were summoned via password or are being scaled. I had one of them in Irithyll two shot me with a BKGA when I had about 1250 HP. The host on the other hand was doing normal damage to me.

Is it possible to use a password to summon a friend and then remove the password to allow for random invasions? Because that would explain the bullshit gank squads in early places like the High Wall. Brand new players could just summon their level ~100 buddies with late game gear and despite their stats being scaled down to be more in line with the host they still do ridiculous damage with high AR weapons.

I'm pretty sure the blue icon next to the phantom's name means they were summoned via password or are being scaled. I had one of them in Irithyll two shot me with a BKGA when I had about 1250 HP. The host on the other hand was doing normal damage to me.

Possibly. But if their stats get scaled down then they wouldn't have the stats to use it properly unless the host does. Even if you can't, they could always just do trades from their higher level to their lower level.

zma1013

Two questions:

Can people invade without a message telling me they did?

What program can I use to edit simple text into a video like other Youtube videos do?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Correct. This is rather annoying. Actually passwords are irrelevant for invasions to begin with. Cooping with a password doesn't prevent random invasions.

Possibly. But if their stats get scaled down then they wouldn't have the stats to use it properly unless the host does.
That's not how it works. It scales down your damage dealt, received, and HP, not your actual stats. So you can still use powerful spells, strong weapons etc. that have stat requirements, but they're nerfed in power.

Nope, it will always say if they invaded you. Unless hacks or something.

I use Sony Movie Studio it's only like $50USD and it's really good, pretty simple to use too.

I'd try and mess around with movie maker buy apparently windows 10 doesn't come with it?

That's not how it works. It scales down your damage dealt, received, and HP, not your actual stats. So you can still use powerful spells, strong weapons etc. that have stat requirements, but they're nerfed in power.

Are you sure? Because when I got summoned to my friends world who was SL 20 and I was SL 125 I fat rolled in my gear that I usually fast roll in.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Two questions:

Can people invade without a message telling me they did?

It can happen if someone invades right as you're summoning someone else or something, so the "summoning phantom" message overrides the "dark spirit ___ has invaded". It rarely happens but I've seen it a few times and I'm pretty sure that was the cause of it.

Deku Tree

Sulyvahn's Beasts Are destroying me. And even when I try to summon nobody shows up but the same two twin gankers keep invading my world over and over. The hit box for that things mouth grab is ridiculous.

Blurry15

Is this the best place to ask about connection issues in DaS3? I can't connect with anyone no matter what I do. I'm playing on Xbox One btw. Passwords not working, invading not working, unrestricted not working,nothing. Have no idea what to do.

Is this the best place to ask about connection issues in DaS3? I can't connect with anyone no matter what I do. I'm playing on Xbox One btw. Passwords not working, invading not working, unrestricted not working,nothing. Have no idea what to do.

Are you sure you're logged into the Dark Souls servers? When you're in the main menu see if there's an option that says "log in".

MilkBeard

Tsorig is an asshole. But I love that they actually make you work for the FUGS.

Yeah dude is an asshole. I came across him in the flesh (not an invade) near the lava and I probably died numerous times trying to kill him early on in the game. I ended up coming back later when I was a higher level.

Now that the series is all but done, we should probably make a Souls Community thread and discuss the five games for this kinda stuff.

We definitely should. Some people might think there should be one for dark souls, another for demon's and another for bloodborbe but honestly one covering all these five games (and anything else that comes up in the future) would be great.

HeeHo

I have been trying to wrap up everything I didn't screw up on a blind play through for 2 weeks now. I'm at the ass end of the game and have been purposely staying at SL 110. I just recently started doing PVP covenant stuff. Grinding through Red Soap invasions is easy enough but all the auto-summon stuff blows and hardly ever works. Even Aldrich.

Do we know of any plans to fix this? I'm having a good time doing the PVP but it sucks ass waiting so long for a match.

I have been trying to wrap up everything I didn't screw up on a blind play through for 2 weeks now. I'm at the ass end of the game and have been purposely staying at SL 110. I just recently started doing PVP covenant stuff. Grinding through Red Soap invasions is easy enough but all the auto-summon stuff blows and hardly ever works. Even Aldrich.

Do we know of any plans to fix this? I'm having a good time doing the PVP but it sucks ass waiting so long for a match.

Yeah, it's better if you just grind them. Dregs and Wolf grass aren't so tough. Proofs of concord on the other hand...

2AdEPT

I dont think that lets me put text anywhere on the screen overtop the video does it?

I would just use the built in you tube video editor, it allows you to make hotlinks with your words...other video editing programs are easy to make nice words etc, but it harder to hotlink them (I think)

Bandit Knife is the real deal against bosses who can bleed.

Yup bleed in general is pretty OP but there are ways to make it even more insane ...like on a luck build with hyper mode. :p

Novocaine

Because the items at 30 aren't needed for any trophies/achievements. You can still collect 30 though, and get unique weapons and staffs I believe.

They are. I don't remember them all but I know you at least need max rank of Mound Makers for Warmth and Darkmoon for Darkmoon Blade. Pretty sure Sunbros gives Great Lighting Spear as well .

Sarcasm

I don't understand how I can breeze through bosses but one hecking mob owns the daylights regardless if I switch up my gear.

Makes no sense that this mobs has ton of stat points an hit harder then ALL of the bosses I have fought. I am at the dragon thing, jumped down from the bridges. If there are more of these knights I am done. My backstabs do nothing to them, nor does the parry. It actually hits for the same amount on them as my R1.

But yea. Guess its bosses easy, mob harder.

Persona7

Banned
someone was trying to trick me with silver knight cosplay so I ran around for a bit acting like I couldn't find the host and then I used force to knock them towards a nearby silver night and they were killed within seconds.

Uh... what? I was surprised to see my character still looked hollow going from NG+ to ++, but I thought it wasn't big deal and I would just heal my Dark Sigil.

Except the game says I have no Dark Sigil. Don't tell me the game glitched and now I look like shit permanently.

silva1991

Uh... what? I was surprised to see my character still looked hollow going from NG+ to ++, but I thought it wasn't big deal and I would just heal my Dark Sigil.

Except the game says I have no Dark Sigil. Don't tell me the game glitched and now I look like shit permanently.

That's weird. try to heal hollowing with velka statue?

hollowing does carry to NG++ etc so that part isn't really new.

edit: try using purging stone and see what happens.

I know that hollowing carrys to NG+, but I'm not sure about dark sigil.

Top Bottom