• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Code:
Main Adjustments: 
[b]1. Adjusted the efficiency of the Great shield category [/b]
2. Adjusted the consuming FP of the Magic Spell Category 
3. Adjusted the efficiency of the category below: 
- Dragon Slayer’s Axe
- Crescent Axe 
- Dark Drift 
- Washing Pole 
- Moonlight Great Sword 
[b]4. Fixed the shield penetration rate of the partial attack in the scythe category [/b]
5. Fixed the stamina attack of the partial weapon category. 
6. Improved the matching of the Blade of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels covenants. 
7. Improved the password matching rate 
8. Improved other game balance 
9. Several game flaws fixed

REAPERS BUFFED!!!1

What about the Greatshield buff category?!? I don't think it needed that? There are 75 and 85 stability Shields out there... why the fix?

And ugh no Great Club fix yet. Weapon sucks so much compared to DaS2...

Code:
Main Adjustments: 
[b]1. Adjusted the efficiency of the Great shield category [/b]
2. Adjusted the consuming FP of the Magic Spell Category 
3. Adjusted the efficiency of the category below: 
- Dragon Slayer’s Axe
- Crescent Axe 
- Dark Drift 
- Washing Pole 
- Moonlight Great Sword 
[b]4. Fixed the shield penetration rate of the partial attack in the scythe category [/b]
5. Fixed the stamina attack of the partial weapon category. 
6. Improved the matching of the Blade of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels covenants. 
7. Improved the password matching rate 
8. Improved other game balance 
9. Several game flaws fixed

REAPERS BUFFED

What about the Greatshield buff category?!? I don't think it needed that? There are 75 and 85 stability Shields out there... why the fix?

They say "adjusted" instead of buff/nerf, more than likely it'll be nerfed.

Ferr986

Alright Pyro-DS3-GAF, Vestiges or Great Chaos Orb? Having a tough time deciding.

Chaos Orb. Vestiges orb does a liiil more damage and has a slight AoE but Chaos leaves a lava pool where the orb explodes that adds more damage. Especially in PvE this is very useful because all mobs will eat it. Also Chaos is faster and has better range, also seems to stun better (may be just me).

I have like 16 hours on my Pyromancer now and I have done one successful roll prediction free throw of a fireball. I was very proud of myself but this dude is on another level, really impressive stuff!

I have a SL50 pyro build for coop and pvp and in my almost 30 hours I never attempted to free aim. Now I feel like shit lol (tbh I didn't fair bad in PvP yet)

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Chaos Orb. Vestiges orb does a liiil more damage but Chaos leaves a lava pool where the orb explodes that adds more damage. Especially in PvE this is very useful because all mobs will eat it. Also Chaos is faster.
Yeah that's what I was leaning towards. Also Chaos Orb can be cast more than 4 times before I'm out of FP.
And it has more range.

Audioboxer

How is the black knight glaive in PVE? Wondering before I blow my twinkling.

Just rocking the OP Dark Sword on quality just now.

Then what's the point with these adjustments if the Estoc not affected? It's hard to enjoy the game because of the weapon.

Greatshields are far more problematic, IMO, and it seems like they're gonna get nerfed.

From what I am guessing, they want to buff some of the weaker weapons instead.

Is the claymore a decent early game great sword to have? Rolled deprived, only level 8 and just beat the 2nd boss. I want to go strength

Audioboxer

Is the claymore a decent early game great sword to have? Rolled deprived, only level 8 and just beat the 2nd boss. I want to go strength

Yup. The charged thrust can really help on tougher enemies.

IIRC it is 1hand and 2 hand charged thrust. The best kind of sword. It is more of a quality weapon by default, but just chuck a strength infusion on it.

JerkShep

Finished my SL1 run yesterday! I struggled against the final boss more that I woud have thought. N
ameless
K
ing
was not a breeze either, definitely one of the hardest bosses but not maddening as something like Manus SL1 o Kalameet SL1 in the first DaS

SL1 N
ameless
K
ing
- Here
SL1 Final Boss - Here

It was a great run, there's a big variety of weapons compared to DaS and Bloodborne. I mostly used a Longsword until I defeated C
hampion
G
undyr
and found the Priestess Ring. With the +5 FTH I could equip the Astora Straight Sword, in its Raw form has a beastly AR for a SL1 playthrough. The first 7-8 bosses are really easy even at SL1, Pontiff and Dancer were my two "walls" and I really liked those fight.

Useful Rings: Lloyd's Shield and Sword Rings, Prisoner's Chain, Priestess Ring and Knight Ring (for equipping the Crest Shields against some bosses).

I think now I can put the game to rest until the DLCs.

Meccs

How is the black knight glaive in PVE? Wondering before I blow my twinkling.

Just rocking the OP Dark Sword on quality just now.
It's good but I mainly use it for PvP. Faster weapons dominate in PvE. Try the Carthus Curved Sword (the small one). Works great with quality even if you don't infuse it.

Audioboxer

It's good but I mainly use it for PvP. Faster weapons dominate in PvE. Try the Carthus Curved Sword (the small one). Works great with quality even if you don't infuse it.

Potentially thought as much. Just looking for some good alternatives to the dark sword for PVE quality.

GulAtiCa

Yesterday I got summoned into another world as a Blade. It was quite the party! At least 1 summon was there. Never saw them, but I did get a nice surprise by 3 Reds! They tag teamed me quite nicely. I didn't stand a chance. lol

Meccs

How the F can I counter that stupid slide from the Farron Greatsword?

Ok I just found a YT video that shows when to parry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjTFSXgxhuQ
That sword is so stupid, this move doesn't do much damage but it's so annoying. I just killed a guy with it 4 times trying to find a way to parry that animation. Couldn't figure it out.

Sarcasm

Any tips on not making the fight with big shield boss not a snooze-fest? My +10 LS which has an AR over 400..barely pecks him lol. 3 combo and I see 416 damage.

Tarkus

How the F can I counter that stupid slide from the Farron Greatsword?

Ok I just found a YT video that shows when to parry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjTFSXgxhuQ
That sword is so stupid, this move doesn't do much damage but it's so annoying. I just killed a guy with it 4 times trying to find a way to parry that animation. Couldn't figure it out.
Hit L2 late. Much later than usual. I just got it down myself but I'm seeing the weapon less and less now.

Deku Tree

What is up with the fight with
Sirris' and Holy Knight Hodric... That guy has a spell that turns me into a moving slow like a slug
???

Ugh, I'm trying so hard to make dancers swords work but the start up is so goddamn slow and the damage isn't anything amazing. Dunno why I'm still pounding this drum (yes I do because they look amazing) but even in pve it's hard not to respec

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
^ Is Washing Pole better with the update?

Better? It pretty much outclasses all the other katana at the minute (possible exception is O&U). I expect a stamina or speed nerf.

Hopefully they buff the Darkdrift. That needs to be way more competitive.

Pretty unimpressed with the Great Scythe. Too slow to bust through shields, so you'll just get hyperarmored or staggered out of your next hit. And yet even with Sharp infusion, the damage isn't nearly impressive enough to warrant how damn slow the weapon is. I assume the skill is unblockable, but it's incredibly slow and only does as much damage as an R2.

I heard the Sellsword Twinblades got fixed so the L1 does more damage than the R1 rather than less, and it's looking pretty good so far.

Ferr986

Ugh, I'm trying so hard to make dancers swords work but the start up is so goddamn slow and the damage isn't anything amazing. Dunno why I'm still pounding this drum (yes I do because they look amazing) but even in pve it's hard not to respec

Give up. There's no magic sauce to make them not suck.

Better? It pretty much outclasses all the other katana at the minute (possible exception is O&U). I expect a stamina or speed nerf.

Isn't the Chaos Blade still better in terms of damage? Although I agree the Waship Pole needs a lil nerf.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't the Chaos Blade still better in terms of damage? Although I agree the Waship Pole needs a lil nerf.

I'll double check when I get home and make sure. As I recall, at 40/40, I think it has the highest damage out of the katanas (though mine may be refined). Plus, it's buffable. Hence why everyone's ditched CB for it this time around, in PvP at least.

GulAtiCa

Greatsword users, is there anything better then the Claymore that I might like? I'm using it on a Pyro build, so I have it Chaos gem on it.

Arjen

I'll double check when I get home and make sure. As I recall, at 40/40, I think it has the highest damage out of the katanas (though mine may be refined). Plus, it's buffable. Hence why everyone's ditched CB for it this time around, in PvP at least.

Yep you're right. Refined washing pole does more damage at 40/40 And like you said, it's buffable and has better range.

LiK

i have it at +10 and even then, it didn't seem that great when i was cooping against bosses. i'm at 50STR/40DEX so not sure if that matters

So i'm having a lot of fun going with a strength build, it's my first time really getting far into a Dark Souls game. I have and can use both Smough's Great Hammer (sp?) and Yhorm's Great Machette. Is one of these considered better than the other? I'm finding it hard to choose between them.

Vena

Greatsword users, is there anything better then the Claymore that I might like? I'm using it on a Pyro build, so I have it Chaos gem on it.

BKS, or if you want to go ultra for hyper-frame cheese, the BKGS. Neither can be buffed but their AR doesn't need buffing, and their movesets are crazy.

I'd also say that non-split raw AR damage of the BK weapons is better than chaos/any infusion anyway.

BKGS is hilarious for the fact that you can hyperframe through the Dark Sword/Estoc bullshit and one shot them with the overhead swing. Probably my favorite weapon in the game but its a bit shit in PvE since bosses don't stagger fast enough off of it and it's slow to swing for the sheer aggression of most of the hard bosses. BKGA is better for PvE (and probably has the better moveset and speed for PvP) but fuck that. I want my giant sword!

LiK

So i'm having a lot of fun going with a strength build, it's my first time really getting far into a Dark Souls game. I have and can use both Smough's Great Hammer (sp?) and Yhorm's Great Machette. Is one of these considered better than the other? I'm finding it hard to choose between them.

go with the moveset you enjoy the most.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yep you're right. Refined washing pole does more damage at 40/40 And like you said, it's buffable and has better range.

Ah, there you go. :)

i have it at +10 and even then, it didn't seem that great when i was cooping against bosses. i'm at 50STR/40DEX so not sure if that matters

Might be because a lot of bosses/enemies have slash resistance, maybe?

Refined, WP has the highest katana damage (thanks Arjen!). On top of that it has the longest range, is buffable, and has the same stamina consumption and, I think, roughly the same speed as the other Katanas (it seems a touch slower to me but that may be just me/optical illusion).

I prefer O&U, personally. Much classier. On paper though, refined WP is best of class.

So I've been out of DS3 since the NioH Alpha demo and haven't had any interest in returning somehow...what the fuck yeah I know.

Anyway, I plan on returning this weekend, currently at the Catacombs boss (that skeleton shithead with his flamboyant bracelets).

My question is, have there been any significant updates or patches in the last few weeks that I should know about?

Top Bottom