• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Manu

Yay, we really needed another thread with Souls veterans who played hundreds of hours of each game calling Bloodborne or DS3 "a joke" difficulty wise.

We hadn't had one of those in like, a week. I was starting to worry.

Tarkus

Yay, we really needed another thread with Souls veterans who played hundreds of hours of each game calling Bloodborne or DS3 "a joke" difficulty wise.

We hadn't had one of those in like, a week. I was starting to worry.
Those threads are always toxic. I avoid like the plague.

Cat Party

For some reason, I have invested 35 points in Faith, despite miracles sucking in this game (at least so far - I just got to the dancer). I'm using a Dark Sword with lightning infusion, which seems pretty good. Is there a better weapon for faith/lightning?

Im really surprised theyre not nerfing Estocs as well as greatshields. Really the only way to consistently beat an Estoc is to turtle up. Anyone thats good will simply poke and roll away over and over again until they can catch you rolling. Swing speed, attack recovery, and damage are way too high on it when coupled with the really low stamina usage.

Jingo

My good mens advise me on getting a sword as fast as the one that comes with the knight , ive tryed utchigatana and claymore but they seem to slow for my playstyle, im looking for something fast that also deals good damage, also, are the spears something to rely on?im on undead settlement btw, thank you

Ferr986

After seeing that crazy JP pyro guy I'm practicing free aim at the Firelink bonfire... I almost killed Ludleth, so I guess I need a lot of practice lol

Cat Party

My good mens advise me on getting a sword as fast as the one that comes with the knight , ive tryed utchigatana and claymore but they seem to slow for my playstyle, im looking for something fast that also deals good damage, also, are the spears something to rely on?im on undead settlement btw, thank you
I felt the Uchi was plenty fast. Infuse with fire and it's pretty good. I used that for a long time. Only problem is that it doesn't stagger enemies.

Idk why I would be. I haven't done anything that would warrant that.

Were you able to play with others online and this happened all of a suden, or were you never able to connect with other players online?

Is everyone here aware of Mugenmonkey? It's a site with character builders for each of the Souls games and the Dark Souls 3 one is coming along nicely.

Here's my Pyro build that I'm working on.

I know about it, never really used it. My blind playthroughs I just experiment with my character :p

Cat Party

Is this the best place to ask about connection issues in DaS3? I can't connect with anyone no matter what I do. I'm playing on Xbox One btw. Passwords not working, invading not working, unrestricted not working,nothing. Have no idea what to do.
I'm actually having this same problem all of the sudden. Haven't been able to get summoned for co-op for a few days. It fails every time. Before that, it worked fine. XB1 as well.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
today's ENB ep is more OG Marcus exploration and taking risks.

I skipped through most of it. Not a big fan of
Demon Ruins
, and he's been running around there like 2 hours now. Tomorrow should be
OCELOOTTEE + maybe Tekken Gundyr.

LiK

I skipped through most of it. Not a big fan of
Demon Ruins
, and he's been running around there like 2 hours now. Tomorrow should be
OCELOOTTEE + maybe Tekken Gundyr.

i really enjoyed his reactions to some of the item descriptions. i don't like that area either. hopefully he gets back to
Consumed Garden
soon

2AdEPT

I believe so

Edit: could be wrong

I dont think you can go lower than your original spec for any category.. this is based on my memory and I only did it once though. I wanted to nerf my health for my hyper mode character and it wouldnt let me go below the original stat, again iirc.

2AdEPT

Aka any SL1 run in any Souls game (DeS, DaS, DaS2, BB, DaS3) ever?

Technically speaking SL1 is a sham...having maxed out weapons is more important to people that dont get hit very often regardless (like me) so my playthrough hardly changes regardless. I am doing a hypermode run right now and there are only rare situations where getting hit is problem (as I basically have no defence and minus in many categories.) THerefore anyone with a little practice and learning the attacks can do a SL1. No upgrades runs are much more impressive and require much more ingenuity. I was the first person I knew that tried one back in days of DarkS1 (although I am sure someone would have dont it for demons, i just never thought of it or heard of it yet). The no upgrades run I did in DS1 was one of the most memorable playthroughs in the entire series for me...got stuck in tomb of the giants as the lordvessel wasn't placed yet and almost had to use the dark sign to get back out as you can t fast travel prior to lordvessel..but didnt after 2 hours of ingenious use of kiting giants to ledges and having them fall off....then kiting bonewheels with arrows that didnt do damage and killing with club, made it back to firelink and was the best feeling to hear that music ever....

GulAtiCa

Apparently I need to switch my Chaos Claymore to a Chaos Astora Greatsword.... Has better scaling and little bit more base damage. That A/A scaling over the B/B scaling will be mine.

Will need to respec again though (but for now I can use a Hunter's Ring)

Prodigal

Banned
In Lothric Castle, to the right of the Dragon slayer Armour entrance is a room that contains an elevator that I can't figure out how to make operable. In the same room there's a chset on the right side and access to the roof on the left. Between these points at the far end of the room is said elevator. Anyone know what I'm referring to?

Apparently I need to switch my Chaos Claymore to a Chaos Astora Greatsword.... Has better scaling and little bit more base damage. That A/A scaling over the B/B scaling will be mine.

I'm using that on my Pyro build and can confirm that it's very good.

Use the rolling R1!

Manu

In Lothric Castle, to the right of the Dragon slayer Armour entrance is a room that contains an elevator that I can't figure out how to make operable. In the same room there's a chset on the right side and access to the roof on the left. Between these points at the far end of the room is said elevator. Anyone know what I'm referring to?

It's a shortcut to the
Princes
boss fight.

Pons

Neo Member

Like Manu said above me, you won't actually unlock that shortcut/elevator till later.

Tarkus

That's a fantastic weapon. Only the Lothric Greatsword is used more often by me.

Deku Tree

Technically speaking SL1 is a sham...having maxed out weapons is more important to people that dont get hit very often regardless (like me) so my playthrough hardly changes regardless. I am doing a hypermode run right now and there are only rare situations where getting hit is problem (as I basically have no defence and minus in many categories.) THerefore anyone with a little practice and learning the attacks can do a SL1. No upgrades runs are much more impressive and require much more ingenuity. I was the first person I knew that tried one back in days of DarkS1 (although I am sure someone would have dont it for demons, i just never thought of it or heard of it yet). The no upgrades run I did in DS1 was one of the most memorable playthroughs in the entire series for me...got stuck in tomb of the giants as the lordvessel wasn't placed yet and almost had to use the dark sign to get back out as you can t fast travel prior to lordvessel..but didnt after 2 hours of ingenious use of kiting giants to ledges and having them fall off....then kiting bonewheels with arrows that didnt do damage and killing with club, made it back to firelink and was the best feeling to hear that music ever....

Do Any late game NPC phantom summons also become immune to damage if you glitch them like in that video?

JDB

Banned
D
ragonslayer
A
rmour
defeated in my SL1 run. :)
His quick shield attack fucked me a fair amount of times, but overall not too bad.

Just reached the final boss and I have to say this game had the best collection of bosses in the franchise. Favourite fights was
the nameless King and the two princes
. Probably had the weakest npcs though.

LiK

Just reached the final boss and I have to say this game had the best collection of bosses in the franchise. Favourite fights was
the nameless King and the two princes
. Probably had the weakest npcs though.

DkS3 has one of the best
Patches
moments but is easily missable. and yea, weak NPCs overall. Even DkS2 had some pretty good ones like Lucatiel who i still find to be one of my fave NPCs in a Souls game.

DkS3 has one of the best
Patches
moments but is easily missable. and yea, weak NPCs overall. Even DkS2 had some pretty good ones like Lucatiel who i still find to be one of my fave NPCs in a Souls game.

Anri is 100 times more interesting than Lucatiel tbh, who I thought questline was too weak. Vengarl was far better, so was the asshole in the cage.

On that thought, is Anri's rol what Oscar was supposed to do?

Ferr986

Anri is 100 times more interesting than Lucatiel tbh, who I thought questline was too weak. Vengarl was far better, so was the asshole in the cage.

On that thought, is Anri's rol what Oscar was supposed to do?

No, Oscar was suposed to be your companion that ended up siding with the other serpent you did chose.

I feel like the final boss' phase order should have been switched. Second phase is really basic and unsurprising compared to the first.

Of course that wouldn't really make sense given the music, oh well.

tariniel

I finished NG+ the other day, I have all achievements done except for the remaining NG++ rings and 1 gesture. I've already progressed through NG++ to Farron, but I need to hit that cathedral before Abyss Watchers so I can get my last gesture.

My impression of the game at the end of NG+ is that it's still easy. I think the only boss I died to in all of NG+ was Oceiros, because I missed a dodge and it turns out he actually does a lot of damage. Oh I died once to Champ Gundyr now that I think about it. I guess we'll see how NG++ is, I've already killed Dancer with no troubles. I think in NG++ I'll leave bosses alive that I don't need to kill for the achievements so I can try and have some PvP fun on this character.

Edit: Washing Pole nerf? I use it as an offhand for my build that's Bleed focused. Hopefully it still does its job adequately. I mainly use the Warden Twinblades though.

JDB

Banned
Does DS3 have the most i-frames while Rolling of any soulsBourne game?
Just wait until you put on the i-frame ring.
kBR9mkF.gif

Top Bottom