• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

2AdEPT

LOL...I doubt very much the white veil he has over his head blacks out all details..he often dodges jsut right and sets stuff up and can obviously sees more than he lets on. Try it yourself with a white T-shirt.....still gave it a THumbs up for creativity though.

IN other news Minimaximus finished his run through Archdragon peak as early as possible to get the Dragon gear for the extra 10% attack power to use on the pontiff in the upcomign hyper mode fight....and a SLab whch I think we will use for hollowed claws. We can now do 865 damage with one swing of Anris sword with all buffs and boosts applied. We will save the
nameless
king for last though so that wasn't included.

This is the most broken Tree branch transformation in the game.I was not found out once.

5A0EF7465124FF7E17E02EB626B433F78D99C161

I am continuing along my random character challenge but I'm starting to become frustrated because the dice roller kept telling me to level Int, at this point the character is no longer random because it randomly min-maxed Intelligence and ended up being a character that some people would make normally.

And Curse Rotted Greatwood is suddenly hard as a Sorcerer.

MilkBeard

(secret area stuff) 1.
Archdragon Peak
is cool as hell
2. Regarding a familiar secret area
could I have put the cinders of the Lords on the thrones in dark Firelink?

You know, I'm curious. Has anyone tried this yet? You could literally wait and try to find out. Maybe I will this playthrough. I doubt it though.

GulAtiCa

I am continuing along my random character challenge but I'm starting to become frustrated because the dice roller kept telling me to level Int, at this point the character is no longer random because it randomly min-maxed Intelligence and ended up being a character that some people would make normally.

Maybe should add some new rules. Like can't level up a stat you previously leveled up, so reroll.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
You got 10 in that run? I could only get 2 by time I had 1 million in NG+ :(

Rofl no I wish, I'm at 7 though right now. Only 23 to go ~_~ after that I can look forward to shackles and wolfgrass and sunlight medals. Fuck the number 30.
Also annoying selling all the duplicate Silver Knight shit I get.

MilkBeard

Patch notes says that Blade of the Darkmoon/Blue Sentinels has gotten another tweak. Curious to see if people are finding a difference?

This is the most broken Tree branch transformation in the game.I was not found out once.

You're the titnite lizard, right?

Yeah. I ended up just upgrading my sword instead of using spells on that mofo. If we could target its nutsack like we could target different parts of the boss in DaS 2 it would be better. That's another thing DaS 2 did well, multi-target areas for huge bosses.

Patch notes says that Blade of the Darkmoon/Blue Sentinels has gotten another tweak. Curious to see if people are finding a difference?

Is the patch out? It says it comes out May 20th at 10am CEST.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Which gestures allow you to say things like "hello" when you get summoned?
"Hello" carving, traded from crow with an Alluring Skull. Throwback to Dark Souls 1 and 2, Gough's carvings.
It's the same. I don't know what causes two people to have it say different things. I did the same exact thing on two characters one has "here" one has "hey!"

It's the same thing. It just depends on your characters voice.

If someone else has your "voice" (young, mature, old), your character will use another voice.
Different thing, guys... this one is an item not a gesture.

MilkBeard

You're the titnite lizard, right?

Yeah. I ended up just upgrading my sword instead of using spells on that mofo. If we could target its nutsack like we could target different parts of the boss in DaS 2 it would be better. That's another thing DaS 2 did well, multi-target areas for huge bosses.

Is the patch out? It says it comes out May 20th at 10am CEST.

Regulation 1.07 is already out for PS4.

"Hello" carving, traded from crow with an Alluring Skull. Throwback to Dark Souls 1 and 2, Gough's carvings.

Different thing, guys... this one is an item not a gesture.

In my defense...he said gesture :p

Regulation 1.07 is already out for PS4.

:mad: I have to wait 3 more hours no fair!

Maybe should add some new rules. Like can't level up a stat you previously leveled up, so reroll.

I thought about that, but that wouldn't kill the bad luck entirely since it could still alternate between stats.I might make a "bad luck" clause where if the dice roller is giving too many repeats then I'll reroll but I have to accept the new roll even if it's another repeat.

I thought about that, but that wouldn't kill the bad luck entirely since it could still alternate between stats.I might make a "bad luck" clause where if the dice roller is giving too many repeats then I'll reroll but I have to accept the new roll even if it's another repeat.

roll a D20. 1-2 is Vig 3-4 is ATT, etc. 19 and 20 can be re-rolls or like stat of your choosing, or whatever. If you're rolling a digital D10 maybe use a real D10 instead

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
What is with hosts that just run and run and run and run when I invade them. Especially after I kill their phantoms. Like ok I get it you're kinda panicking but just... fucking fight lol. There are no enemies around and you just run ceaselessly, and eventually still get killed because my running attacks clip you and chip away at you, and you chug Estus and then run some more but every time my running r1 catches you and keeps chipping away at your health, until you are out of Estus, and then eventually my last running r1 kills you. Whereas if you had stood your ground and battled me, you might have had a chance, especially since you probably have more Estus to start with than I do. So many bleedin' cowards, I tell ya!

...I guess my invader will have great cardio now, at least... xD

Ferr986

Of course they had to increase FP cost Chaos Fireball. Fucking FROM what's up with them and being this game?

A lot of these FP cost are still too high, but w/e, I know FROM just want you to use melee.

Robot Pants

Well it says I have regulation 1.07 but I'm still not getting summoned for dark moon. I feel it's mostly because wearing the way of blue covenant has no real incentive. Summon signs are plentiful

Well it says I have regulation 1.07 but I'm still not getting summoned for dark moon. I feel it's mostly because wearing the way of blue covenant has no real incentive. Summon signs are plentiful
What system? I am about to try playing for a little bit on PC with my level 30 ish. I am hoping to be summon...but we know how that's going to go :|

Meccs

What system? I am about to try playing for a little bit on PC with my level 30 ish. I am hoping to be summon...but we know how that's going to go :|
Hasn't the Maintenance just started? On PC that is.

Invading is really weird on PC. I watched a Twitch live stream yesterday from someone on PS4 with SL65 invading in Irithyll Dungeon. He was invading non stop, as soon as he activated the Orb. Since my character is SL62 I thought I should do the same on PC for a bit, it took forever to get invasions. Always "Searching...". Is the player base that low on PC already? What is going on?

Invading is really weird on PC. I watched a Twitch live stream yesterday from someone on PS4 with SL65 invading in Irithyll Dungeon. He was invading non stop, as soon as he activated the Orb. Since my character is SL62 I thought I should do the same on PC for a bit, it took forever to get invasions. Always "Searching...". Is the player base that low on PC already? What is going on?

I am assuming so. I just tried to log in but I was unable to.

oldboss

Finished the game last week and holy smokes ... level design keeps getting better later into the game. Just fantastic.

Ithiryll has to be the most beautiful soulsborne area ever.

And that last bridge right before the last boss ... 1-1 vibes <3

dude

dude

Really? For me it's been quite alright invading. I mean, out of every 5 invasions, one would take forever. I'm SL85 though.
Player base has dropped quite a bit recently though, it's at around 30,000 daily CCU right now according to Steamspy.

Meccs

Really? For me it's been quite alright invading. I mean, out of every 5 invasions, one would take forever. I'm SL85 though.
Player base has dropped quite a bit recently though, it's at around 30,000 daily CCU right now according to Steamspy.

Where do you invade at that level (and what weapon level)? I have a SL85 too and it's slow there too (Archives, Dragon Baracks). I made this SL62 so I could invade in lower zones (Dungeons, Anor Londor)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I start the duel with it and I use the entire moveset, R2s, charged R2s and L2s. Two poke maximum

Hahaha no worries man. I am just unfortunate enough that most, if not *all*, Estoc users I have fought against in PvPs are just using the R1 spam. It's to the point that whenever I see someone whipping out an Estoc I immediately lose all the will to fight.

Especially if they pulled it out in the middle of a losing fight, which happened more often that I'd like, *sigh*

I blame FROM the most actually, for making rapier's R1s like the Estoc so bloody ridiculous.

silva1991

ENB spent his last episode in chalice dungeon 2.0

BORING

I'm carious whether he will be positive or negative regarding
untended graves

it's literally copy/paste location with different background.

2AdEPT

What's your build?

I've been planning a max health/endurance character, with brigand daggers, buffed with bleeding.

Its a luck/bleed build with the added bonus of going through the dancer skip early to get tearstone ring. It was difficult to get Anri's sword without pissing off Yuria, so I basically had to speed run from the halfway bonfire where Anri was without touching a bonfire, then talk to Orbeck, then do all the sigils (jsut did them all at once by jumping off the cliff next to firelink) then finally Yoel died I talked to Yuria then killed Orbeck then got MOrion. After all that Anri was still waiting for me at the halfway bonfire, killed her henchman first, then she was so depressed she went down easy. Its a lot of work but obviously an OP build.

Yeah I took a lot of heath up front to get through the first part of the game, but respecced as soon as I got the hyper mode set up...I run all bosses at very low health regardless so excess health was superflous. You will like the bleed though, grab some kurkis and infuse a bleed weapon with more bleed and the meter of your enemy will fill up so fast they wont know what to do with you.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Its a luck/bleed build with the added bonus of going through the dancer skip early to get tearstone ring. It was difficult to get Anri's sword without pissing off Yuria, so I basically had to speed run from the halfway bonfire where Anri was without touching a bonfire, then talk to Orbeck, then do all the sigils (jsut did them all at once by jumping off the cliff next to firelink) then finally Yoel died I talked to Yuria then killed Orbeck then got MOrion. After all that Anri was still waiting for me at the halfway bonfire, killed her henchman first, then she was so depressed she went down easy. Its a lot of work but obviously an OP build.

Yeah I took a lot of heath up front to get through the first part of the game, but respecced as soon as I got the hyper mode set up...I run all bosses at very low health regardless so excess health was superflous. You will like the bleed though, grab some kurkis and infuse a bleed weapon with more bleed and the meter of your enemy will fill up so fast they wont know what to do with you.

May I ask if the dragonform fulfills a purpose?

YEs! Finally got the Hyper mode character ready for Pontiff Sulyvahn...went with bleed instead of dark buff this time and he bled alright! went better than expected, no damage run as well.
D:

I love these. It's inspiring, but I'm just not confident enough against these bosses to try. Huge props!

ENB spent his last episode in chalice dungeon 2.0

BORING.
He might go back for it, but he missed the pyromancy tome which is on the Fair lady corpse, I was hoping he would go back for it as he did see it, since it would surely scratch his itch for more lore.

Top Bottom