• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Faith build is finally getting decent with the lightning clutch ring. Only took doing almost all the game, heh. :p

Still, I'd welcome a suggestion here: TNK soul trade: the miracle (Lightning Storm) or the weapon (Dragonslayer Sword-Spear)?

I'm a little torn. On the one hand I already got the Dragonslayer Spear. Its faith scaling is kinda crap (B in dex at +5 but D in faith, meh) but it looks to be a decent weapon even so, and I fear it'd be redundant with the Dragonslayer Sword-Spear, which also has better dex scaling than faith. On the flipside, I'm a bit afraid that the miracle is just gonna be total crap since, well, most lightning miracles kind of are. (I don't have Great Lightning Spear yet, Lothric Castle is next so I can turn in sunlight medals finally).

My current stats are 20 str, 20 dex, 40 faith. I'd need to level up 5 more faith to use the miracle, or 2 more dex for the sword-spear.

I also have a Lightning-infused Claymore at +10 which is decently strong now, A scaling with faith, and like 570 AR at full health with lightning clutch and the loyd sword ring. So maybe I should get the miracle since I got two lightning weapons already? What d'y'all think?

Oh I'd also welcome suggestions for an alternative to lightning weapons on a faith build since, well, TNK was kind of a pain (fortunately this is a coop run so we managed) and I'm sure the Dragonslayer Armour is gonna have high lightning resist. Does any Chaos-infuse weapon scale OK with just faith and low int?

Rutti

Rutti said:
Got all the achievements. See you guys when the DLC drops. I think I'll roll a new character then.

I said that in the last OT but I just made a dual wielding dex character so I guess I'm back already...

Deku Tree

working as intended

Oh-You-GIF-5.gif

Faith build is finally getting decent with the lightning clutch ring. Only took doing almost all the game, heh. :p

Still, I'd welcome a suggestion here: TNK soul trade: the miracle (Lightning Storm) or the weapon (Dragonslayer Sword-Spear)?

I'm a little torn. On the one hand I already got the Dragonslayer Spear. Its faith scaling is kinda crap (B in dex at +5 but D in faith, meh) but it looks to be a decent weapon even so, and I fear it'd be redundant with the Dragonslayer Sword-Spear, which also has better dex scaling than faith. On the flipside, I'm a bit afraid that the miracle is just gonna be total crap since, well, most lightning miracles kind of are. (I don't have Great Lightning Spear yet, Lothric Castle is next so I can turn in sunlight medals finally).

My current stats are 20 str, 20 dex, 40 faith. I'd need to level up 5 more faith to use the miracle, or 2 more dex for the sword-spear.

I also have a Lightning-infused Claymore at +10 which is decently strong now, A scaling with faith, and like 570 AR at full health with lightning clutch and the loyd sword ring. So maybe I should get the miracle since I got two lightning weapons already? What d'y'all think?

Oh I'd also welcome suggestions for an alternative to lightning weapons on a faith build since, well, TNK was kind of a pain (fortunately this is a coop run so we managed) and I'm sure the Dragonslayer Armour is gonna have high lightning resist. Does any Chaos-infuse weapon scale OK with just faith and low int?

Go for the Swordspear. The miracle does great damage but casts way too slow to be useful. Sunlight spear is way better and takes 1 less slot. Also for Lightning infusing I would recommend the Astora greatsword. It has S scaling at +10 and does pretty good damage if you invest a bit into Dex as well.

I always summon help for the Armour on my faith builds because of the lightning resist. Best you can do is get a raw weapon and buff it with a resin IMO.

What rings and Talismans are you using?

This is my Nameless King setup:

Lightning Clutch, Steel Protection +2, Morne's, Firstborne's

Lvl 125

Vig 42
Att 18
End 21
Vit 21
Str 16
Dex 40
Int 9
Fth 40
Luck 7

With 18 attunement I can equip sacred Oath and Sunlight Spear and cast it twice. Also after buffing with Sacred Oath and using the Swordspear Weapon Art its damage jumps from 478 to 627. It really depends on if you plan to stop at a certain level and what gear youre wearing though.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Go for the Swordspear. The miracle does great damage but casts way too slow to be useful. Sunlight spear is way better and takes 1 less slot. Also for Lightning infusing I would recommend the Astora greatsword. It has S scaling at +10 and does pretty good damage if you invest a bit into Dex as well.

I always summon help for the Armour on my faith builds because of the lightning resist. Best you can do is get a raw weapon and buff it with a resin IMO.

What rings and Talismans are you using?
-snip-
Thanks for the tip. I'll try the swordspear I guess. So its weapon arts buffs you?

Right now I use Lightning Clutch, Ring of Favour, Loyd Sword Ring, and Firstborn's (swapped out for Untrue Dark Ring when I'm a phantom because Fashion Souls :p).

Currently attuning Deep Protection, Great Heal (nice for coop), and either Lightning Spear (kinda crap) or Dorys' Gnawing (sometimes decent). I might go to 45 faith to replace Great Heal for Bountiful Sunlight but I'm not sure, I don't care that much about its range (since I always tell my coop partner to get close when I'm about to heal us) and it costs more FP. Do I'd be replacing Lightning Spear/Gnawing with GLS once I get it, or remove it and Deep Protection for Sacred Oath... they don't stack right?

Talisman is... I think the Cleric sacred chime? It seemed to have the strongest spell buff at 40 faith.

I probably won't go higher than level 120-125, currently like level 80 or so.

Ci2edTYU4AA8uAF.jpg

(Salt and Sanctuary review)

Tarkus

Ci2edTYU4AA8uAF.jpg

Haha!! Dying....halp

I finally pulled a parry switch - where you have a small weapon, parry someone, quickly switch to large weapon with Hornet Ring, destroy in one fell swoop. You almost always miss the riposte because of the time, but I nailed it once. Felt kinda cheap though.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try the swordspear I guess. So its weapon arts buffs you?

Right now I use Lightning Clutch, Ring of Favour, Loyd Sword Ring, and Firstborn's (swapped out for Untrue Dark Ring when I'm a phantom because Fashion Souls :p).

Currently attuning Deep Protection, Great Heal (nice for coop), and either Lightning Spear (kinda crap) or Dorys' Gnawing (sometimes decent). I might go to 45 faith to replace Great Heal for Bountiful Sunlight but I'm not sure, I don't care that much about its range (since I always tell my coop partner to get close when I'm about to heal us) and it costs more FP. Do I'd be replacing Lightning Spear/Gnawing with GLS once I get it, or remove it and Deep Protection for Sacred Oath... they don't stack right?

Talisman is... I think the Cleric sacred chime? It seemed to have the strongest spell buff at 40 faith.

I probably won't go higher than level 120-125, currently like level 80 or so.

Ci2edTYU4AA8uAF.jpg

The weapon art buffs the weapon with additional lightning damage. And deep protection and Sacred Oath do actually stack. Alot of attunement slots needed if you wanna have Bountiful Sunlight on the side as well though.

I switch to chimes for applying Lightning Blade since they have higher spell buff but use the Canvas Talisman while im in battle for the weapon art. Also if you want a really OP healing set up; Gentle Prayer stacks with Bountiful Sunlight but requires you to keep the Chime out.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yo I love when I get killed while I'm getting up before I even have a chance to roll 🙃
This guy has some bullshit combos/range

Nevermind we good, torched his ass

Kid Ska

(secret area stuff) 1.
Archdragon Peak
is cool as hell
2. Regarding a familiar secret area
could I have put the cinders of the Lords on the thrones in dark Firelink?

GulAtiCa

[double post, sorry]

Haha!! Dying....halp

I finally pulled a parry switch - where you have a small weapon, parry someone, quickly switch to large weapon with Hornet Ring, destroy in one fell swoop. You almost always miss the riposte because of the time, but I nailed it once. Felt kinda cheap though.

I see a PC PvPer (goes by Querns or so) do that all the time. It's crazy how fast he can switch between rings and weapons. Esp rings from Dark Souls 2. Granted, he only carries what he needs, so has like 15 max rings on him/etc.

Sarcasm

So I finally made it past that dragon bridge place. Hate that place. In the grand archives and say I am having fun. That knight with the ice pike thing was a fun fight.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
If I just wanna fight other dudes in PVP , what's the easiest and quickest way to do that?

Deku Tree

I want to get the platinum but grinding covenant items doesn't sound fun. And I wanted to save my character that did everything on NG for the DLC. DLC on NG++ is gonna be crazy too many OHKs...

Dahbomb

If I just wanna fight other dudes in PVP , what's the easiest and quickest way to do that?
Go to the area outside Pontiff after you beat him and put down a Red Soapstone.

Usually you will be put into a fight club where people fight one by one. No healing otherwise everyone comes down and kills you.

Sometimes you go against a dedicated gank squad, just peace out from there.

Also make sure your level is around 120.

Tarkus

Top 3 locations I use:
1. Pontiff bonfire - most consistent, always active, large area (pros and cons)
2. High Wall bonfire - very consistent, often quicker summons for some reason
3. Anor Londo - my favorite place, mayhem ensues often, sometimes not active

How long does maintenance last? Patch?

2 hours on PC/PS4, 6 hours on X1 IIRC. It's a patch, yeah.

edit:

Code:
[B]PS4[/B]
JP: 2016-05-20 10:00am – 12:00pm (JST) 
EU: 2016-05-20 3:00am – 5:00am (CET)
US: 2016-05-19 6:00pm – 8:00pm (PDT)

[B]XB1[/B]
JP: 2016-05-20 10:00am – 4:00pm (JST)
EU: 2016-05-20 3:00am – 9:00am (CET)
US: 2016-05-19 6:00pm – 2016-05-20 0:00am (PDT)

[B]Steam[/B]
JP: 2016-05-20 5:00pm – 7:00pm (JST)
EU: 2016-05-20 10:00am – 12:00pm (CET)
US: 2016-05-20 1:00am – 3:00am (PDT)

Kid Ska

Okay so that chain guy in AP is total goddamn bullshit. Throws that thing through walls

Oh god. I found NK

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Apparently, the Black Knight Greataxe's AR was reduced in patch 1.07. Any truth to this?

Top Bottom