• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

ENB spent his last episode in chalice dungeon 2.0

BORING

I'm carious whether he will be positive or negative regarding
untended graves

it's literally copy/paste location with different background.

The real question is, will he remember the consumed king's garden and find the untended graves?
I have not watch any of his videos this week so far :p

silva1991

The real question is, will he remember the consumed king's garden and find the untended graves?
I have not watch any of his videos this week so far :p

He did mention the
garden
in on of his last two episodes so, yes!!

that boss's second phase is an anti shields and ENB still uses a weak parrying shield lol.

He might go back for it, but he missed the pyromancy tome which is on the Fair lady corpse, I was hoping he would go back for it as he did see it, since it would surely scratch his itch for more lore.

it's behind a hidden wall. U have a feeling that he won't find it.

2AdEPT

D:

I love these. It's inspiring, but I'm just not confident enough against these bosses to try. Huge props!

He might go back for it, but he missed the pyromancy tome which is on the Fair lady corpse, I was hoping he would go back for it as he did see it, since it would surely scratch his itch for more lore.

that's the beauty of doign these kind of vids instead of let's plays...You can do a million takes to get one decent run to show everyone and everyone thinks you did it first try! ;p Tolomereo or whatever his name is that did the no rolls no armour SL1 run said it took him 50 takes to get the higher level bosses. You can do it RL...it just might take more or less tries, but even if it takes more it will feel good at the end.

May I ask if the dragonform fulfills a purpose?
Yes! A couple purposes, the main one is the extra 10% attack power...you only have so many ring slots so being able to boost attack power with the morion blade in the off hand and with the dragon torso stones is a huge benefit. Also it erases the look of being hollow..Im still hollow underneath the dragon skin but it looks cooler! Finally, the dragon skin does increase absorption of magic and fire (although increases vulnerability to lightning.) The extra resistance is better than nothing and it doesnt cost any extra weight which would wreck flynn's bonus. The cool actions you get are also free of FP use which is rare in this game as even the skill moves cost FP.

Is there a big difference between a +9 and a +10 Dark Blade?

Not sure what you want the difference to be, but you can check in the upgrade menu jsut select the dark sword +9 as if you are upgrading it, and the plus 10 stats will show up in blue even if you dont have the slab to complete it. If you dont have a +9 dark sword yet there are wikis that have the complete stats.

Deku Tree

Lol I got three tour guides to l
otheric castle
last night. I was still embers when I entered. And then I got invaded but the invader sat on the ground waiting for me. And I was attacking the enemies. And invader kept using guestures to tell me which enemy to attack next. Then guided me to the next bonfire.

Then I summoned two for help "just in case" the invader got hostile. Then all of them just walked around with me for a while. The invader showed me where to find some invisible wall. Eventually the invader jumped off a building.

But the other two finished the whole level with me. One guy walked me around to help me find every single secret and pickup in the whole level. No words were spoken. I felt bad because that guy died during the boss battle. We finished it shortly afterwards. Was amazing.

silva1991

Lol I got three tour guides to l
otheric castle
last night. I was still embers when I entered. And then I got invaded but the invader sat on the ground waiting for me. And I was attacking the enemies. And invader kept using guestures to tell me which enemy to attack next. Then guided me to the next bonfire.

Then I summoned two for help "just in case" the invader got hostile. Then all of them just walked around with me for a while. The invader showed me where to find some invisible wall. Eventually the invader jumped off a building.

But the other two finished the whole level with me. One guy walked me around to help me find every single secret and pickup in the whole level. No words were spoken. I felt bad because that guy died during the boss battle. We finished it shortly afterwards. Was amazing.

Lol I love those friendly invaders

it would have been hilarious if you helped him to jump off the building ;)

Deku Tree

Not sure what you want the difference to be, but you can check in the upgrade menu jsut select the dark sword +9 as if you are upgrading it, and the plus 10 stats will show up in blue even if you dont have the slab to complete it. If you dont have a +9 dark sword yet there are wikis that have the complete stats.

Thanks. Yeah I checked and I didn't notice a huge difference.

196+210 > 207+221

Wasn't sure if it was worth my one and only slab.

if you want the rings later, let me know. I think you need atleast a +1 or +2 ring to get all my +1 and +2 rings.

Thanks RAWR! I appreciate it a lot! I will definately let you know.

It sounds like from what your saying that I need to start NG+ and get some +1 rings first...

Meccs

Lol I love those friendly invaders

it would have been hilarious if you helped him to jump off the building ;)
Mound Maker invaders should be able to attack the NPCs in my opinion. Enemies should be neutral by default but turn hostile if you hit them. I can't count how many times I watched someone I invaded die to the first Knight there. I always wished I could help this poor soul. It would be cool if you could invade as a Mound Maker and then help the host, force coop on him so to speak. If he doesn't want it, he has to kill you. That would be really a mad dark spirit. Even better, you can fulfill your duty if you kill the host, two phantoms or get him to the next bonfire. :D

Meccs

On ps4? I can do it now. Where do you wanna meet at? And I am gonna drop 1, let you pick up, drop the next one. Last time I did it, I guess I can drop the rings to fast and they disappear or something like that.
Aw snap. I thought you play on PC. Never mind then.

silva1991

Mound Maker invaders should be able to attack the NPCs in my opinion. Enemies should be neutral by default but turn hostile if you hit them. I can't count how many times I watched someone I invaded die to the first Knight there. I always wished I could help this poor soul. It would be cool if you could invade as a Mound Maker and then help the host, force coop on him so to speak. If he doesn't want it, he has to kill you. That would be really a mad dark spirit. Even better, you can fulfill your duty if you kill the host, two phantoms or get him to the next bonfire. :D

All invaders or just mound makers? but then the seeded world mechanic will have no purpose

I just wish giant seeds are purchasable from the old lady :/

Archdragon Peak is glitched for me in NG+4. Check out how it looked when I first arrived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks4Bft3dWFY

darksoulsiii_2016_05_qxzxl.jpg

Meccs

All invaders or just mound makers? but then the seeded world mechanic will have no purpose

I just wish giant seeds are purchasable from the old lady :/
Only Mound Makers. Seed would turn everyone hostile as before. Mound maker is just neutral against non seeded enemies but can still attack them. Like a yellow enemy in MMOs. It's friendly until you attack it. But I realize that people would just cheese with friends as Mound Makers backstabbing everything.

Thanks. Yeah I checked and I didn't notice a huge difference.

196+210 > 207+221

Wasn't sure if it was worth my one and only slab.

Thanks RAWR! I appreciate it a lot! I will definately let you know.

It sounds like from what your saying that I need to start NG+ and get some +1 rings first...
welp I am not sure frankly. I thought that was the case, but I just checked dark souls 3 extralife on trading and it mention there is no limitation on ring levels. We can give it a try later whenever.

Minamu

New patch and no summoning here either. But I'm lvl 182 so I didn't have high hopes. I wish I could get matched with anyone, just downlevel me and lower my weapon damage! That would've been a lot better than just caring about weapon upgrade levels... That way you could match someone with a +1 and a +10 weapon and nobody would even notice...

Can you get summoned as a darkmooner if you have beaten the particular area's boss yourself? Seems silly you can't get invaded once the boss is dead, iirc.

I can give all the rings as well, just ring me up :)

For PS4

If you're feeling generous (or someone else on ps4!), I'd much appreciate it!
Got through ng and ng+, and half~2/3rds of the way through ng++ but am starting to get burnt out on this as the last trophy. Need various +1 and 2 rings. Trying to get the wolf sword grass one is the one that really wore me down though.

edit: will probably just ask on sunday.

Alo0oy

Banned
So I just started a new build (planning on a hex/dark build), I know a lot of people are saying it's crap, but a lot of people said that about the Rifle Spear in BB too, so..

So I just started a new build (planning on a hex/dark build), I know a lot of people are saying it's crap, but a lot of people said that about the Rifle Spear in BB too, so..

My first char is a Dark build, and it's still my favorite. I recommend also having a backup weapon infused with Chaos, since certain bosses are resistant to Dark.

Alo0oy

Banned
My first char is a Dark build, and it's still my favorite. I recommend also having a backup weapon infused with Chaos, since certain bosses are resistant to Dark.

Thanks for the tip, any idea what spell does the highest damage, Black Fire Orb, Great Deep Soul, or Affinity? And is Dark Edge good enough?

Arjen

Starting my Pyro playtrough, any suggestions for good weapons with low stat requirements that I can spend my fire gem on?

Thanks for the tip, any idea what spell does the highest damage, Black Fire Orb, Great Deep Soul, or Affinity? And is Dark Edge good enough?

Black Fire Orb was my go-to spell, since it does really good damage and the fp cost is negligible. Affinity does massive at higher levels, but the FP cost was a bit too high for my taste so I only used it for PvP.

Great Deep Soul is ok for slower enemies and to spam against invaders when they're distracted, but not much more than that. I do recommend using it against N
ameless
K
ing's
first phase though. You can take his Drake out in less than a minute with headshots.

In regards to Dark Edge, I wasn't really a fan. It seemed to do the same damage as the Black Orb with more FP cost and it's a Vertical slash so it usually misses.

Black Serpent is really good in tight corridors, since it can hit multiple enemies at once. It's almost useless out in the open though.

Alo0oy

Banned
Black Fire Orb was my go-to spell, since it does really good damage and the fp cost is negligible. Affinity does massive at higher levels, but the FP cost was a bit too high for my taste so I only used it for PvP.

Great Deep Soul is ok for slower enemies and to spam against invaders when they're distracted, but not much more than that. I do recommend using it against N
ameless
K
ing's
first phase though. You can take his Drake out in less than a minute with headshots.

In regards to Dark Edge, I wasn't really a fan. It seemed to do the same damage as the Black Orb with more FP cost and it's a Vertical slash so it usually misses.

Black Serpent is really good in tight corridors, since it can hit multiple enemies at once. It's almost useless out in the open though.

Thanks, it seems that Dark Edge is mostly a PvP spell.

Wait is it impossible to get the worst ending and the best ending in the same play through via save scumming ?

This guide

http://www.swag-clothing.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/All-Swag-No-Hype.jpg

Says that once I
get married
then I can only get the best ending but I did that a long time ago?

I haven't tried, but you should be able to get out of that ending if you
Heal the dark sigil at the fire keeper. You'll need to get the fire keepers soul from the locked tower in fire link shrine using the 20k soul key from the store.

Also going on a limb here, I suspect that's not what you meant to link to!

Jingo

Does anyone have a problem with hallowinh here? I leved up free and instantly felt bad that i had to get rid of the dark sigil:(

Late Flag

I decided to platinum this game, and now I see what everybody was complaining about with regards to the covenant items. Holy shit at those drop rates for concords and shackles. I'm at 307 ID (mimic head, gold covetous serpent, that rapier, and LCK = 7) and both of these are incredibly slow-going. Farming concords from those knights in Anor Londo is routinely generating 200K or more souls in between each covenant item.

On one hand, I'd kind of like to move on to NG+ so I can spread the farming out a little, but on the other hand it's extremely easy to farm enemies right now and it figures to be more of a hassle on NG+.

GulAtiCa

Really enjoying my new +10 Chaos Astora Greatsword. It does a lot of damage! I like how it weighs less then my Claymore. I'll need to respec my char again, so that I can stop using the Hunter's Ring. I'm at lv 125, and thinking of taking away some points from my Vitality and reducing it to 12 or 10, that would allow me to add the 3 I need to Dex and perhaps use 2 on End.

Though, I'm also thinking of reducing my Faith/Int stats from like 35/35 to like 30/30. It would give me 10 new stat levels to use, can add the 3 to Dex a good bit to End and other stats. Maybe do 32/32 and have 6 leftover.

Arjen

I decided to platinum this game, and now I see what everybody was complaining about with regards to the covenant items. Holy shit at those drop rates for concords and shackles. I'm at 307 ID (mimic head, gold covetous serpent, that rapier, and LCK = 7) and both of these are incredibly slow-going. Farming concords from those knights in Anor Londo is routinely generating 200K or more souls in between each covenant item.

On one hand, I'd kind of like to move on to NG+ so I can spread the farming out a little, but on the other hand it's extremely easy to farm enemies right now and it figures to be more of a hassle on NG+.

I kept track of the concords. With 500 discovery it was about 1 in 20 knights that dropped them

Deku Tree

Why do I have to grind covenant items to get the platinum? I am having a hard time figuring out where that comes into it by reading the guides...

I haven't tried, but you should be able to get out of that ending if you
Heal the dark sigil at the fire keeper. You'll need to get the fire keepers soul from the locked tower in fire link shrine using the 20k soul key from the store.

Also going on a limb here, I suspect that's not what you meant to link to!

Lol yea fixed the link thanks.

I think killing
Yuria
should you give the other endings. Even after
marriage
. Just try it.

Thanks!

So I can
kill the final boss and then keep playing the game and do whatever I want and try to get all the endings as long as I don't do the last bonfire or that last summon
?

Late Flag

Why do I have to grind covenant items to get the platinum? I am having a hard time figuring out where that comes into it by reading the guides...

Some of the rings and spells that you need for the "collect all rings/miracles/etc." trophies can only be acquired by ranking up in the covenants.

Top Bottom