• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

I decided to platinum this game, and now I see what everybody was complaining about with regards to the covenant items. Holy shit at those drop rates for concords and shackles. I'm at 307 ID (mimic head, gold covetous serpent, that rapier, and LCK = 7) and both of these are incredibly slow-going. Farming concords from those knights in Anor Londo is routinely generating 200K or more souls in between each covenant item.

On one hand, I'd kind of like to move on to NG+ so I can spread the farming out a little, but on the other hand it's extremely easy to farm enemies right now and it figures to be more of a hassle on NG+.

:Lol I did some extreme rough estimates but

"Okay so I needed 12 darkmoon covenant items to get the platinum. So I wonder what the drop rates are for the darkmoon covenant item. I used Gold Covetous Serpent Ring +2, Crystal Sage Rapier, Symbol of Avarice, Hollowed infused +10 sword and rusted coins. Thus bringing my item discovery to 429.

In ng++, I started with 0 souls and ended up getting 4763498 souls. Each knight gave me about ~16087 souls. I killed 300 silver knights which I sometime killed the red eyed silver knight. So 12 darkmoon covenant items dropped / 300 silver knights killed x 100 = 4.03 % drop rate for the darkmoon covenant item with a item discovery of 429..."

edit:
i finally beat the game yesterday, but didnt trigger ng+ im lvl 120, where are the hot pvp spots?

Out side right by pontiff sulyvahn bonfire, farrons keep, first bonfire at high wall of lothric are a few I notices.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
So I got approx. 2.8 million souls on the way to 28 concords, I get 3300 souls per kill that means for 28 concords I did 848 kills.... what the fuck Miyazaki.... and that is one covenant... DS III plat is absolutely bollocks ~_~

Ferr986

Starting my Pyro playtrough, any suggestions for good weapons with low stat requirements that I can spend my fire gem on?

Don't use a fire gem. It's better to get Astora Straight Sord, and infuse it to Raw. Buff it with Carthus for even more damage if you want to.

When you get better INT/FTH you should infuse a good scaling weapon with Chaos. For example, the Astora Greatsword scales very well with that.

Arjen

Don't use a fire gem. It's better to get Astora Straight Sord, and infuse it to Raw. Buff it with Carthus for even more damage if you want to.

When you get better INT/FTH you should infuse a good scaling weapon with Chaos. For example, the Astora Greatsword scales very well with that.

Thanks! Will give it a go

GulAtiCa

Yep, Chaos Astora Greatsword is amazing. I think I have a combined AR of like 600ish. If you a smaller weapon, a Chaos Dark Sword works too. It scales nicely, though only B/B, so not as nice as the Astora Greatsword.

Deku Tree

They let you summon three phantoms for
Gundyr
? Insanely Easy mode.

Edit IDK if it was a glitch but I was summoned into a boss fight that had a host plus three phantoms.

Ferr986

They let you summon three phantoms for
Gundyr
? Insanely Easy mode.

Edit IDK if it was a glitch but I was summoned into a boss fight that had a host plus three phantoms.

He used dried finger. It opens another summon in exchange of being able to be invaded by more people too.

tariniel

The game finally got a little bit hard in NG++. In my previous two runs through I killed Abyss Watchers first try, and on NG++ I got my ass kicked. Pontiff nearly got me too, I had to use a blessing and ember to heal since I ran out of estus, but I still killed him.

Every other boss so far has been fairly easy, I only have a couple left before I can collect the final few rings. Champ, Yhorm, Nameless King, and Dragonslayer Armor.

Also I ran around embered through 5 areas and for 5 bosses last night and only got invaded 1 time. Not sure if I'm too high or maybe people aren't invading as much? That time I was invaded though I noticed it summoned a Darkmoon Blade nearly instantly, so maybe the patch worked (?).

Minamu

I can highly recommend the Hidden Body magic for farming covenant items :D Combine with the slumbering dragoncrest ring and you're practically unstoppable and it goes so much faster too, especially the Farron items at Keep Ruins.

Alo0oy

Banned
Anybody wants to drop Sage's ring +2? (and maybe an unupgraded court sorcerer staff if you have it, not necessary though).

My other character has pretty much everything, so I can drop you whatever item you want.

Arjen

Anybody wants to drop Sage's ring +2? (and maybe an unupgraded court sorcerer staff if you have it, not necessary though).

My other character has pretty much everything, so I can drop you whatever item you want.

Which platform? I have both but I'm on xbone

Jafku

Why do I have to grind covenant items to get the platinum? I am having a hard time figuring out where that comes into it by reading the guides...

Lol yea fixed the link thanks.

Thanks!

So I can
kill the final boss and then keep playing the game and do whatever I want and try to get all the endings as long as I don't do the last bonfire or that last summon
?
Some of the miracles, Rings, and pyromancies are obtained through ranking up covenants. Normal way to get them is to be summoned, but summoning is broken. Hence farming

Deku Tree

Some of the miracles, Rings, and pyromancies are obtained through ranking up covenants. Normal way to get them is to be summoned, but summoning is broken. Hence farming
did they fix summoning in the latest server maintenance any? They gonna fix summoning? Maybe I can wait... At least I got all the rings...

LiK

I haven't watched his last video, but I'm guessing it's archdragon peak? If so that's indeed impressive (it's the only one I didn't find on my own).

nah
Untended Graves
. but for a blind run, he found it really quickly. i'll be super impressed if he figures out the Peak.

Deku Tree

nah
Untended Graves
. but for a blind run, he found it really quickly. i'll be super impressed if he figures out the Peak.

Is that what he is saying is his favorite area in all of souls?
He's been spamming basically every wall his whole play through.

Alo0oy

Banned
nah
Untended Graves

The almost useless treasure in the previous room gave it away for me. I think if they put a unique weapon or ring in there it would have been harder to be suspicious.

Meccs

So I can
kill the final boss and then keep playing the game and do whatever I want and try to get all the endings as long as I don't do the last bonfire or that last summon
?
Yes. Kill last boss, don't touch bonfire! Backup save. Do stuff for all the endings. Done. That's what I did.

tariniel

When I respec at Rosaria, can I go down in levels?

I was at SL120 and then on NG+ I had to level up 5 more times for Yoel's quest and ended up at 125, where I get invaded much less than I'd like. I'd like to drop 5 levels if that's possible.

I have a feeling I'll just have to make a new character though.

Jafku

I was at SL120 and then on NG+ I had to level up 5 more times for Yoel's quest and ended up at 125, where I get invaded much less than I'd like. I'd like to drop 5 levels if that's possible.

No. Sorry

Ferr986

I dont think you will get more invasions at 120.

strafer

What are you guys doing to poor ENB. His content is great.

4SLSLCA.png

Deku Tree

I play how I want! Haters gonna hate!

@Enb: Too many folks want too many different things so I play how I want at that moment. Whether studying bosses, mechanics or lore. Is what it is

nowai

ENB found another optional area on his own. I'm impressed.

I was pretty disappointed he summoned for
Champ
. He's my favorite boss of the game and when you summon for him, you don't experience how fantastic his moveset is.

LiK

I was pretty disappointed he summoned for
Champ
. He's my favorite boss of the game and when you summon for him, you don't experience how fantastic his moveset is.

yea, but i'm sure he'll go fully solo during a replay. still waiting for the epic NK fight. i wanna see how good he'll be against him.

nowai

yea, but i'm sure he'll go fully solo during a replay. still waiting for the epic NK fight. i wanna see how good he'll be against him.

Haha ya, I always enjoy watching people first experience his damned mount's camera hacks.

Two times I asked my buddy stop playing so I could grab a beer and come watch him play. First was the asshole jailers and second was NK.

3 Proofs of a Concord and 3 Human Dregs in a single run - The old gods of Lordran are smiling on me today!

Cut to 4 hours later and not a single further drop!

Vena

3 Proofs of a Concord and 3 Human Dregs in a single run - The old gods of Lordran are smiling on me today!

Cut to 4 hours later and not a single further drop!

The dread of probability!

Should have been a boss, enter arena and a die roll decides instantly if you win or lose.

Ferr986

What are you guys doing to poor ENB. His content is great.

4SLSLCA.png

That someone can even bitch about ENB playthough its crazy, and sad. Who cares if he skipped X, or did Y that way, or missed Z?

He is doing a blind playthough for himself, not for spectacle. Just don't watch it.

LiK

That someone can even bitch about ENB playthough its crazy, and sad. Who cares if he skipped X, or did Y that way, or missed Z?

He is doing a blind playthough for himself, not for spectacle. Just don't watch it.

i think kids these days think people will do everything in one LP cuz they're spoiled from all those LPs on YT therse days. they don't even know what a blind run is.

Vena

In the strangest correlations, getting real good (again) at DS has made me really good at StarFox (with the Falco debuff/buff), lol. (And the reverse too, did some much better boss runs on Pontiff.)

But the latter helps really wash my palette between DS3 play sessions as I was starting to get really bored while doing more new character runs while waiting on DLC.

KingKong

Good ENB episode, but his tweet ("The funniest bit about all this to me is how far certain parts of the Souls community have drifted away from the creator's intent and tastes") is a little strange when he intentionally plays in offline mode, which is the opposite of how the creators intended it

the community aspect of the messages and invasions is a huge part of the game and it really ties everything together and justifies things like hidden walls and ambushes

Arjen

Latest ENB episode was so great. Loved his reactions, so cool.
Really hope he finds AP, van you imagine his reaction after finding out who the Nameless King is? That's going to be amazing.

Top Bottom