• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Ferr986

So, been leveling today my SL 50 pyro to endgame (80-100). Right now +70 and I'm kinda regreting it. Sure I have more MP but that's pretty much it. I have more slots but the rest of spells are useless anyways, and Chaos Fireball.... now is not as OP as when I was 50 lol

Now I wish I could copy characters...

KHlover

Banned
So, been leveling today my SL 50 pyro to endgame (80-100). Right now +70 and I'm kinda regreting it. Sure I have more MP but that's pretty much it. I have more slots but the rest of spells are useless anyways, and Chaos Fireball.... now is not as OP as when I was 50 lol

Now I wish I could copy characters...

Take a walk in the Cathedral of the Deep and reconsider your stat choices :p

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
DS III is the weakest FashionSouls now that I have all the known armor sets... :/ my favorites are all sets from prior games.
Dancer and Outrider are kind of nice I guess.

BB was probably the peak of FashionStyle, DS II peak of variety.

Kweh

Is Orbeck the only NPC I can give sorcery scrolls too? I have freed Karla but she doesn't seem to accept them, only Pyromancies..

Ferr986

Take a walk in the Cathedral of the Deep and reconsider your stat choices :p

Do you mean about the Chaos Astora Greatsword? If that so, it's true , but I wanted to be more or less full magic (considering I have already a Quality and DEX char lol). This char is more like a fire witch cosplay.

Basically I got around 50-60 points of damage more (average, of course) going from +6 pyro flame and 25/20 to flame +10 30/22 (was going to stop to 30/30).

Boss spoiler.

Are there any decent tactics against Aldrichs' arrows? First phase they're not a problem, but when they start homing I always get caught. Rushing him doesn't work as he still seems to cast, running away sometimes does but then I get caught by the homing blasts or masses.

Sarcasm

Boss spoiler.

Are there any decent tactics against Aldrichs' arrows? First phase they're not a problem, but when they start homing I always get caught. Rushing him doesn't work as he still seems to cast, running away sometimes does but then I get caught by the homing blasts or masses.

If you mean the uber like soul arrow things, roll at last minute.

poodpick

Soul of Cinder
is wrecking me on my SL1 playthrough. Although I am handicapping myself by using a raw astora ss +4 so that I can use
Lothric's Holy Sword
in low level pvp haha.

GeeTeeCee

I barely beat
Aldritch
on my first attempt. I died to his arrow attack because I got myself trapped in a corner and couldn't run away. Luckily I'd already dealt the killing blow and as the YOU DIED message was fading away, I got his soul. Feels good.

Late Flag

Did I just get really lucky, or did From dramatically increase the drop rate on concords? I literally got five (!) of them in about 15 minutes earlier this morning.

Finished my solo no shield first (and probably only) playthrough with the uchi +9. Lovely game, 2 button parries are a bit annoying but they were just nice to keep things fresh, didn't need them at all. Lvl 75 dex/end build was a smooth ride, will tackle dlc in NG+ obviously, I hope it's as nasty as BB was.

Sarcasm

Finished my solo no shield first (and probably only) playthrough with the uchi +9. Lovely game, 2 button parries are a bit annoying but they were just nice to keep things fresh, didn't need them at all. Lvl 75 dex/end build was a smooth ride, will tackle dlc in NG+ obviously, I hope it's as nasty as BB was.

From reading, nope. NG++ is though.

Tarkus

I wish the main dueling area was the spot right below the Stray Demon. I'd much prefer the tight space over wide open areas. I miss my IK bridge from DS2.

I'm still thinking about how to rate or rank this masterpiece but everyone new to the franchise who enjoyed bb should love this too. Same goes for the DaS and DeS fanbase. :p

GulAtiCa

Decided to respect and become 32/32 int/fth. Little less Pyro power, but gave same 15 Vitality to keep the weight the same. Put 3 into Dex to now natively use that Astora ultra great sword. Put in 3 extra End to add 7 points. With the +1 ring that increases HP/weight/End I have enough End to do 4 swings 1H. Not enough to do 4 2H swings. Should be able to with the +2 ring.

I kept my Att at 35. I like it that, but I might reduce it by a little if I have to, but unlikely.

mstevens

Just got the platinum. That's all 5! I didn't play this series until Bloodborne last year, which I platinumed in November. I've powered through the rest (January DS2, April Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, and now Dark Souls 3)

It is now my favorite series of all time. Can't wait to see what From comes up with next.

Deku Tree

Just got the platinum. That's all 5! I didn't play this series until Bloodborne last year, which I platinumed in November. I've powered through the rest (January DS2, April Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, and now Dark Souls 3)

It is not my favorite series of all time. Can't wait to see what From comes up with next.

Did you mean NOW instead of NOT?

How was Demons Souls? Was thinking about picking it up but I worry that it will be hard to get into since the game is so old.

mstevens

Did you mean NOW instead of NOT?

How was Demons Souls? Was thinking about picking it up but I worry that it will be hard to get into since the game is so old.

Haha, yes "now" should have been the word.

Demon's Souls definitely is missing some of the mechanics/polish from the more recent games, but the game play is still A+ and the charm/atmosphere is probably the best in the series. I highly recommend it if you're a fan of the series. Just spend a few minutes doing some research on the World Tendency stuff. I'd personally recommend suicide in the hub each time you kill a boss, so that you're in phantom form for the game and you won't really have to worry about it (wear the cling ring to minimize the HP penalty)

Ferr986

Just saw this on Reddit, dunno if it's true but if its... FROM keeps on giving

I recently finished a MLGS build and I noticed Ring of Steel Protection and Magic Clutch Ring weren't working as well as I'd expect. After some testing, I noticed that their modifiers use different parameters in PvE and PvP, and the stat screen only displays the PvE effect. I still have to test some of them more extensively, but so far:

Clutch Rings: - In PvE, 15% more elemental attack, 10% less physical absorption - In PvP, 7.5% more elemental attack, 15% less physical absorption

Ring of Steel Protection: - In PvE, 10% more physical absorption - In PvP, less than 5% physical absorption

Prisoner's Chain - In PvE, 10% less absorption - In PvP, ~15% less absorption (may be different, since it also affects flat defense)

poodpick

Fuck me when the boss uses the curved sword +
crystal homing soul mass
when fighting
Soul of Cinder
is impossible at SL1.

Persona7

Banned
Huh? Rafters made you lose a... gesture? From a chime? I don't understand...

The rafters above firelink where you can trade items with the crow. Someone told me dropping a chime will give me a gesture and I hit the wrong button after dropping the item and I rolled off the rafters and died. If you die or quit the game before picking up the traded item it is gone and you can't get another one until the next cycle.

I also once managed to accidentally throw a firebomb while on the rafters and it hit a NPC.

Tarkus

I'm trying hard with the Great Scythe. I decided to give it a try because I've never seen anyone use it. I've gotten 1 kill in 15 matches and that was against a scrub. It's just too damn weak and slow.

Alo0oy

Banned
I'm trying hard with the Great Scythe. I decided to give it a try because I've never seen anyone use it. I've gotten 1 kill in 15 matches and that was against a scrub. It's just too damn weak and slow.

The "Sweet Spot" mechanic needs to go away, I can't believe they fixed that in BB and then they returned to it in the next game, it's the only way to make scythes viable.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Holy crap, so they nerfed the BKGA's AR by 50 points. Shit! The fact that it had an AR over 700 was its most impressive feature.

What is the new most powerful weapon without any damage buffs?

Tarkus

The "Sweet Spot" mechanic needs to go away, I can't believe they fixed that in BB and then they returned to it in the next game, it's the only way to make scythes viable.
Definitely. It needs more damage too. At +9 Refined on my 40/40 it's doing a pitiful 380 AR. The skill is useless as well.

Persona7

Banned
OMG im being summoned as a Darkmoon!

Annnd the host was dead when I showed up...

i7EwsUW.png

Top Bottom