• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Just so it doesn't get lost:

Any of you fine folk mind helping me out: I want to pass my Gotthard's from one character to another (I'd actually like to play the game with them. :D)? Either that or, if anyone's willing to part with unupgraded Gotthard's, that'd be most cool too. :)

Edit: on Ps4.

Edit Edit: Happy to exchange an weapon/armour in return, of course.

Alo0oy

Banned
Look, I dont want to argue. I respect your opinion and experience. But I've tried most UGS and it seems that hyperarmor is tied to more than just the class of weapon. I can see the difference going from Lothric to Astora with the same equipment.

I just think the FUGS is so bad that I'm surprised someone thinks it's OP, it needs a buff if anything.

Sellsword Twinblades are amazing since they buffed the L1. Beat Pontiff and Aldrich in one try.

I see that Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin is on sale for around $13 on Gamersgate. I played vanilla Dark Souls 2 on release but haven't played any DLC's or anything. You guys think it's worth $13 to play through scholars? Has it been cheaper?

That's as cheap as I've seen it, I paid $2 more for it a few weeks ago. It's worth it, even as only kind of a fan of Dark Souls II. Some of the changes are pretty nice, some of them are pretty questionable, but there's always so much to do in Dark Souls II that it was worth it.

Deku Tree

I never invaded before... is it possible to invade together with a friend? Or are invasions always solo? How do people join you for an invasion?

I need 10 human dregs from invasions... can this be cheesed with a password?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
If you're about, that'd be awesome.
All right. Where do we meet?

Edit: I can host, summon your red that has the item, dismiss you, then re-summon your new character and drop it to them. Just let me know where I should pick up your red. (Or white but I prefer red since it blocks invaders... I think?)

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Ok I give up I'll probably just resub ps+ once the eu june games are announced..... shackle farming is driving me insane.... a drop rate as shit as concords and pathetic souls gain I can't even look forward to level ups with that.

I never invaded before... is it possible to invade together with a friend? Or are invasions always solo? How do people join you for an invasion?

I need 10 human dregs from invasions... can this be cheesed with a password?

Naw invasions happen solo. You can get another random helper if the host has 3 summons though. Areas after Pontiff and the Woods allow multiple invaders naturally though.

Minamu

One other person posted that too... it could just be RNG...

BTW, What are you doing to get the covenant items?
Yeah possibly, and maybe most likely. I only need the concords and I'm using Hidden Body (farming the silver knights gave me enough points to get to 15 int), together with rusted coins. I have respecced to 99 luck and I'm wearing the mimic head with the sage rapier in my off hand for a item discovery boost. I two hand Anri's straight sword+5 and use backstabs mainly. This way I have 474 item discovery. I could up it with the golden coins but I can't be bothered for the minimal boost. I use a rusted coin just before the Anor Londo steps, quickly switch to a low level staff and use Hidden Body, two hand my sword and run up to backstab the spear knight. One step forward and charge a two hand R2 for an instakill. Repeat for the sword knight. I lose the Hidden Body after the sword knight backstab but that's okay :) I use the spell again just before the doorway to the red-eyed knight and backstab him either on the way down the stairs or just below it. It's a gamble on the way up the stairs so I avoid that. Two backstabs and a charged R2 and you're done! It takes a while but if you have it down to a science like me, lol, you only need one coin per trip. I use the sword thing to teleport back to the bonfire. It's probably faster to run but I haven't checked. Supposedly changing armor sets "reset" the drop rates according to fextralife comments but who knows.

Edit: If you don't have Hidden Body, the spear knight can easily be sidestepped if you bait the electrical attack and then go for the backstabs. I prefer to NOT lock on to the sword knight because his electrical aiming is really stupid. Just circle him counter-clockwise. Disregard if you have the spell :)

Persona7

Banned
this is how i feel when I put the pope hat on my character

hqdefault.jpg

Deku Tree

Damn grinding those 30 Concords sounds rough. Maybe I'll just hope that FROM fixes the covenant summoning before the community dwindles.

Late Flag

I managed to beat the hardest boss in the game:
30 concords of proof.

Finally I can move on to NG+. I missed the Mound-Makers covenant on my first run, so I'll spend some time on that one this time around.

Naw invasions happen solo. You can get another random helper if the host has 3 summons though. Areas after Pontiff and the Woods allow multiple invaders naturally though.

I think the best place to invades depends on what SL you're at.

I've done all my mad invasion in the catacombs at SL 25 or so. It was mostly 2 or 3 against one but I got the lucky 1-1 around 20% of the time.

I didn't do any finger invasion. If you invade as an Aldrith faithful you get a tongue if the host dies. Even if somebody else kills him. It's easy to gang up with a faithful to take on a group, just remember that as a red phantom you can hit everybody so easy on your allies.

Minamu

I haven't timed it but I'm sure each run is under a minute so it's not that bad. It's just numbingly tedious. A supposed 4% drop rate at just about maximum item discovery is dumb design, there's no other way around it.

Damn grinding those 30 Concords sounds rough. Maybe I'll just hope that FROM fixes the covenant summoning before the community dwindles.

I don't think the covenant summoning is broken.

I've done my 30 proofs in the Undead Settlement at a low SL (I can't remember exactly) and I was getting called frequently. The problem is that the players don't equip the Way of blue once they find the Sun Emblem in the Undead Settlements. Low level players will run from an invasion and that gives you the time to find them and rescue them. Mid level players will just attack the invader and you won't have the time to get summoned.

Maybe if you have a friend at the same SL who stays Way of the Blue and you both use passwords and he runs and hides when he gets invaded?

I've only seen one Darkmoon phantom in all the fights I've been in. And that's easily 100+ fights.

Jafku

One other person posted that too... it could just be RNG...

BTW, What are you doing to get the covenant items?

The items you want if you are going to farm is the crystal sage's rapier, Covetous Gold Serpent Ring, Symbol of Avarice, and of course Rusted Coins. Each item adds to your item discovery. Only use these if you have to resort to farming though.
Also if anyone needs all the rings on PS4 just let me know....

Sarcasm

I've done my 30 proofs in the Undead Settlement at a low SL (I can't remember exactly) and I was getting called frequently. The problem is that the players don't equip the Way of blue once they find the Sun Emblem in the Undead Settlements. Low level players will run from an invasion and that gives you the time to find them and rescue them. Mid level players will just attack the invader and you won't have the time to get summoned.

Which is kind of crappy as I bet most didn't know or something. Good idea, bad execution.

I need proofs. I am lvl 87. I get nothing =(.

Deku Tree

Yeah even if the auto summoning isn't broken then it's a great idea in theory but crappy design in practice because of the realities of how long summoning takes and how quick invasions can be and how few people will feel the need to equip way of the blue.

Although I was equipping way of the blue fora while when I was around lvl 60 and I got invaded a lot while embers and I would run away from the invaders for a while and no one ever got summoned to help me.

The items you want if you are going to farm is the crystal sage's rapier, Covetous Gold Serpent Ring, Symbol of Avarice, and of course Rusted Coins. Each item adds to your item discovery. Only use these if you have to resort to farming though.
Also if anyone needs all the rings on PS4 just let me know....

Thanks Jakfu!

Zee-Row

Banned
Blades of the Darkmoon covenant is really pissing me off , I don't ever get summoned and farming for Proof of a Concord is complete ass. Theres gotta be a better way of doing this.

I managed to beat the hardest boss in the game:
30 concords of proof.

I wish that they didn't require people to have to wear Way of Blue to get Darkmoons to come help. Darkmoon should have worked like in DaS 1, or just always get summoned when someone get invaded. With the host having the ability to BC em out if they wanna 1v1 the invader. At SL 125 it is neigh impossible to be summoned as a Darkmoon, as so few people use Way of Blue at that point. Terrible foresight on Froms part.

Finally I can move on to NG+. I missed the Mound-Makers covenant on my first run, so I'll spend some time on that one this time around.

You can still join MMers you know, all you gotta do is:
Go back to where you fought the rotten tree after you defeat Aldrich and there will be a summon sign there. Press it and you get summoned to an NPCs world and help them fight some other dude, after you succeed you can join MMers.

So... this happened

InegLAr.gif

Your arms, legs, and head imploded into your torso lol

Top Bottom