• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Any idea on why I would lose AR after a respec? Hollowing is still at 99, str40/dex40 remain the same, luck was at 40 but I upped to 50 after the respec from shaving unneeded stamina and faith which was at 16 because I just wanted to try some weapons that require faith.

hollow infused washing pole 474ar
after the respec with 10 more luck points: 454ar

The latest patch lowered the total AR of the Washing Pole.

Deku Tree

I think you should temporary heal it with velka statue for much cheaper price, and then the fire keeper will fully heal it for again cheap price.

Forgot about that. I used all my boss souls and helped with a final boss fight to get the full amount. Worked.

Any reason to watch the credits?

Grand Archives is an amazing area. It's huge, yet it stays great throughout. Also some nicely done shortcuts. I'd say it's my favorite area in the game. Glad they saved the best for last.

Blurry15

Were you able to play with others online and this happened all of a suden, or were you never able to connect with other players online?

I was able to join others freely for a while and then suddenly I've been having issues. I managed to join 1 friend for a bit today but suddenly got a connection error alert and got sent back to my world.

I'm actually having this same problem all of the sudden. Haven't been able to get summoned for co-op for a few days. It fails every time. Before that, it worked fine. XB1 as well.

Yeah same happened to me. Idk what's going on.

ramyeon

Yes, I'm really looking forward to that! Seems like he knows about Archdragon Peak, seeing how he said something like: "I know why people would prefer another certain optional area over Untended Graves, but the lore implications of this one are pretty huge".

So maybe he did indeed manage to find it!
He was talking about Ash Lake in DS1.

Auto summoning still broke >.>

The patch seems to break manual summon partly as well. I have been helping people kill bosses for like 30 hours now, the summoning failed maybe twice during that. Yesterday people failed to summon me at least 5 out of 10 times. Yet 3 auto-summons worked flawlessly.

Eh.

tariniel

Do I have to be embered or in a certain area?

Embered and the area boss has to be alive. I like to do this in Undead Settlement since it seems people like to invade there & the Curse Rotted Greatwood is technically optional. I also get a lot of invasions in Cathedral of the Deep but you eventually have to kill that boss.

I've tried leaving the boss of Smouldering Lake alive but it looks like not many people invade there. I used the dried finger and no one invaded for 10mins.

Sarcasm

Embered and the area boss has to be alive. I like to do this in Undead Settlement since it seems people like to invade there & the Curse Rotted Greatwood is technically optional. I also get a lot of invasions in Cathedral of the Deep but you eventually have to kill that boss.

I've tried leaving the boss of Smouldering Lake alive but it looks like not many people invade there. I used the dried finger and no one invaded for 10mins.

Thought it was suppose to work like this:

Note that summoning will prioritize the area that you are in, but will summon you anywhere after an indeterminate amount of time has passed.

SGJin

Neo Member
Is this the best place to ask about connection issues in DaS3? I can't connect with anyone no matter what I do. I'm playing on Xbox One btw. Passwords not working, invading not working, unrestricted not working,nothing. Have no idea what to do.

I'm actually having this same problem all of the sudden. Haven't been able to get summoned for co-op for a few days. It fails every time. Before that, it worked fine. XB1 as well.

When this happens a hard reset of my xbox usually fixes all connection issues for me. Just keep your finger on the power button until the xbox fully shuts down.

tariniel

Note that summoning will prioritize the area that you are in, but will summon you anywhere after an indeterminate amount of time has passed.

Well, if you're the person being invaded by reds/purples, your area boss has to be alive and you need to be embered. That's what I'm doing while wearing Way of the Blue, so that Darkmoons can be summoned to help me and get their Concords.

If you're just trying to be summoned by the Darkmoon covenant, then you don't have to do either of those things. Just equipping the item is enough.

I think he's mixing up having a Blue Sentinel/Darkmoon get summoned to you, and being summoned as one. That is how it works, but auto-summoning hates some people </3

I want a boss int he DLC to have a third phase. Have the first one be super easy, have the second be challenging, then have the third just be like DOCTOR OCTAGONAPUS BLARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
"Invasion aborted due to time out"

"Invading another world as a mad dark spirit..."
Finally --
"Host of the embers has started critical battle. Returning to your world."

FU

"Invading another world as a mad dark spirit..."
Finally --
"Host of the embers has started critical battle. Returning to your world."

FU

Just put your sign down. Lot more likely to get a duel

I am not seeking duels right now, just normal invasions.

Man I went from carrying like 17k souls, to 63k something all of a sudden... must have killed some high-level twink asshole LOL

inb4 soul giving dagger

How does this even work? A higher player gives more souls? Sometimes the amount is quite significant.

According to the wiki if a host defeats an invader, the host gets 15% of the required souls required for the invaders current level-up . And if an Invader kills the host, the invader gets 4%.

If he was an invader that means he needed like 306k souls to level up

Meccs

According to the wiki if a host defeats an invader, the host gets 15% of the required souls required for the invaders current level-up . And if an Invader kills the host, the invader gets 4%.

If he was an invader that means he needed like 306k souls to level up
Ah, interesting. I didn't know that! Thanks

Sarcasm

So yea spent an hour with Darkmoon equipped, then another with blue sentinels and yea nothing. Still broken. Wonder if the family share trick still works. Thing is I think Aldritch works now.

Meccs

So yea spent an hour with Darkmoon equipped, then another with blue sentinels and yea nothing. Still broken. Wonder if the family share trick still works. Thing is I think Aldritch works now.
Aldrich always worked for me. Although it slowed down significantly yesterday, even though I'm the same level. Yet others report that Aldrich never worked and now they get summoned constantly. I don't get it. Do they have a daily pool that people get put in? People that have higher priority? Nothing makes sense. I did idle for ~1 hour yesterday with Darkmoon equipped and nothing.

I think you should temporary heal it with velka statue for much cheaper price, and then the fire keeper will fully heal it for again cheap price.
What are the benefits to leaving it/healing it? Does the sigil number carry over to NG+?

I followed the questline fully on my current character so I have 8 sigils I think, but I still don't really know what this mechanic does.

xviper

How do people dodge like in Bloodborne ?? is there a ring of something? i saw a lot of people dodging like in Bloodborne in PvP, also if someone could tell me the name of the most used dual swords in PvP that would be great

Meccs

Wait, I don't think this is going to work. The cost will always be around the cost of your next 5 levels afaik. Removing hollow doesn't make it cheaper.

How do people dodge like in Bloodborne ?? is there a ring of something? i saw a lot of people dodging like in Bloodborne in PvP, also if someone could tell me the name of the most used dual swords in PvP that would be great

It's a weapon art that daggers have called Quickstep.

pa22word

Certain weapons have quickstep.

Guessing they were twohanding the dagger or thrall axe.

silva1991

What are the benefits to leaving it/healing it? Does the sigil number carry over to NG+?

I followed the questline fully on my current character so I have 8 sigils I think, but I still don't really know what this mechanic does.

Wait, I don't think this is going to work. The cost will always be around the cost of your next 5 levels afaik. Removing hollow doesn't make it cheaper.

I don't know I remember my sister was playing it and didn't have 500k to remove the sigil and with the other it reduced the costs

I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it

that was over a month ago so I could be remembering it very wrong.

KHlover

Banned
Tried out the First Person mod today. I think I'll make an entire playthrough using it. You have to be much more careful since there's so much you don't see. Also have to relearn bosses, Iudex Gundyr killed me a few times because I misjudged the distance in first person and Vordt's model takes up the entire screen in close combat range, so you need to have the dodge timing down to a T. Love it.

Persona7

Banned
fucking rafters made me lose a gesture when I hit the wrong button and fell off. It seems I have to wait until NG+ to get the item again.

I also spent the next 45 minutes farming those dumb ass enemies in cemetery of ash so I can get the same chime I dropped that gave me the gesture and it won't pop up.

Top Bottom