• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

From really needs to do something about this because not many people are farming covenants in the early game when they are low level. Their system isn't working.

I'm not sure if that can be fixed. There are no rewards for Way of the Blue. It's the covenant of the weak.

Hopefully the DLC fixes the broken covenant system if that is the case. Or everybody has to get together and some do WoB while others darkmoon or something. It is total BS to fidn out later when you're SL93 that you're only option is to grind. Especially when they make it worse than a F2P MMO.

Yeah, it's a shame because my Blue Sentinel run in the Undead Settlement was a lot of fun. The invaders were commonly slaughtered, but some had brilliant technique, like one masquerading as one of the hollows with scythes around the fire or the ones active in the giant shooting range.

SDR-UK

Whilst its nice to believe that most people will put Way of the Blue on after they finish, a lot of people move on and will wait for the DLC unless they're dedicated to a Cooperative or PVP scene so it essentially is a fruitless effort. I hate to say it but you may have to bite the bullet and start farming those Silver Knights.

Sarcasm

Already gave up. FROM has proven how meaningless and stupid 100%ing is.

Come DLC I bet it will make it meaningless anyways.

Alo0oy

Banned
After getting the platinum, I've been rocking the WoB almost exclusively (with dried finger), with a few rare cases where I put on Rosaria's Finger just to respec.

I can confirm that the matchmaking is not broken*, blues/darkmoons show up after every single invasion. The problem is that nobody uses the WoB because of the lack of rewards, maybe if they gave you a chunk after every invasion (and a slab after every 10th), people would be using it more.

* Coop is still broken as fuck, but that's because of the terribly ancient soapstone system.

GulAtiCa

So.... Wasn't doing this on purpose... But.. Found a great way to be a giant dick and have some fun with invaders.

In the Undead Settlement, I was invaded by the boss. Seeing that the entrance to the boss was still open (since haven't triggered it yet) I went in to kinda get rid of an invader. It worked, couldn't come after me.

For the 1st guy, I came back out and killed him, without hiding. Funny thing is he tried to escape the world several times. This is without trying to be a dick.

The 2nd guy, I hit behind, and with my +10 Astora Greatsword, I held down the R2 and knocked him back. Did a 2nd one and killed him. That guy I was being a dick to, since I did the R2 behind the fog gate where he couldn't get me or see me.

3rd guy is just roaming around the area, no idea where I am. I used a Tree of the Giant on him. lol

But I am def going to not kill the boss now. This is kinda fun. lol

After getting the platinum, I've been rocking the WoB almost exclusively (with dried finger), with a few rare cases where I put on Rosaria's Finger just to respec.

I can confirm that the matchmaking is not broken*, blues/darkmoons show up after every single invasion. The problem is that nobody uses the WoB because of the lack of rewards, maybe if they gave you a chunk after every invasion (and a slab after every 10th), people would be using it more.

* Coop is still broken as fuck, but that's because of the terribly ancient soapstone system.
Yeah, my friend managed to get a Darkmoon summoned after popping a Dried Finger and we cooped ArchDragon Peak. It's possible at higher levels, if people would equip WoB.

There's no incentives. People find Warrior of Sunlight shortly after and the Watchdogs not long after that. They start farming WoS and WoF and forget about the useless Way of the Blue.

Thankfully I remembered how this worked the last time around and got it done before I killed the Abyss Watchers.

In the future, they should make it the Brotherhood of Mutual Assistance instead so you could farm it while helping others. Just give priority to those that are embered.

If you equip Blue Sentinels as soon as you find it, you should get a bunch of proofs before you move to the Catacombs. I got 3 I think. Would have gotten more but I switched to WoF. And since they were all in the Undead Settlement I spent two nights there farming them before moving on. I was around SL 20 with a deep axe +3 and a mirah armor. Nothing special.

Finally in NG+ after farming the covenant items in NG. I went from 38 hours to do the main game on this character to 58 hours by the time I got my last Sunlight Medal - so that's 20 hours of pure offline farming, it doesn't sound much but it felt like a whole lot more! It's cool though, shitty drop rates are shitty drop rates whatever the game (imagine having to get 110 Channeler's Tridents in DS1 for the platinum trophy!), but now it's done. :)

nowai

Hahah watching ENB's latest episode at
Archdragon Peak

"This place could have the most asshole ending, but I still love it".... Ohhh when he gets to NK. >:}

KHlover

Banned

How is Coop broken? Using passwords works perfectly fine. I'm 30h into a Coop run with a friend and the only broken thing is how many souls you get from running through each area twice and the amount of shackles you get from the constant invasions if you use Dried Fingers.

Tarkus

Hahah watching ENB's latest episode at
Archdragon Peak

"This place could have the most asshole ending, but I still love it".... Ohhh when he gets to NK. >:}
I hope there are no npc summons at NK. I want to see him do it solo.

Sarcasm

Just got two summons in minutes..family share trick.

5 Proof of Concept and 1 Proof of Concept Well - w/e that is.

Plus a vertabre shackle somehow lol.

Why do one on ones lag like shit but gangbangers don't LOL

Deku Tree

What is the family share trick? Can you use your same save file? Why does that work?

2AdEPT

Noooo. I need one for FP and one for HP regain, so I can swap them back and forth. Caestus because low weight :p
Doesn't matter, I have mine on blessed now. Who needs FP right? Still strange that you can't get them from anywhere else.

you know there are demon fists as well right?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Gotta say, the Silver Cat Ring turned out to be a lot more useful than I imagined. Was a great help in farming Vertebrae Shackles. Used Dried Fingers and waited near the pit with the Giant in I
rityll
D
ungeon
. Fought the invaders near the edge and at some point roll off. More than half of the invaders followed me and immediate died to the falling damage. Got 10 shackles in like an hour this way :D
Yeah it's pretty nice. I wish my current build didn't need to obtain the obscuring ring so early, so I pissed off Sirris and can't have it. :(

Dahbomb

What's this family share trick?

Sarcasm

Need time but I now have 14 proofs. Hope I can continue this tomorrow.

What's this family share trick?

Make an alt steam account and family share to that account. Then load up the game on the alt account and make new character, don't worry about class or name. Then quit to menu and hit load, before you click on the save replace that account's save with your main save. Turn load in.

Deku Tree

Need time but I now have 14 proofs. Hope I can continue this tomorrow.

Make an alt steam account and family share to that account. Then load up the game on the alt account and make new character, don't worry about class or name. Then quit to menu and hit load, before you click on the save replace that account's save with your main save. Turn load in.

Why does that help with summoning?

Soulhouf

I saw we have calibration 1.07 when I booted the game last night. Do we know what did it 1.07 add?

Also watched the last ENB. I'm glad he had the same reflection I had in the last 2 areas. Boy you didn't disappoint.

I don't agree sunny/bright areas are the best though. One of the things I love in Demon's Souls and Bloodborne is the fact they are so dark. That's one thing that makes these games my favorite.

SDR-UK

If you have the red sign, I can summon you anywhere. If not, I can grab your white sign in the Catacombs. Password metal?

Preferably white sign because of level differences I guess. Got the password on and I'll set it right as you enter the Catacombs from the
Wolnir
bonfire?

Edit: I am an idiot. I'll meet you by the first bonfire.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Preferably white sign because of level differences I guess. Got the password on and I'll set it right as you enter the Catacombs from the
Wolnir
bonfire?
Password makes it not matter, I summoned a starting player's red with my level 96 yesterday.

But yeah not
Wolnir
but from
Abyss Watcher
, if I had beaten
Wolnir
I couldn't summon in the catacombs... :p

Warping to AW now. [Edit: here]

SDR-UK

Password makes it not matter, I summoned a starting player's red with my level 96 yesterday.

But yeah not
Wolnir
but from
Abyss Watcher
, if I had beaten
Wolnir
I couldn't summon in the catacombs... :p

Warping to AW now.

My sign is down literally where you first enter and let's not highlight my geography fails of this game! lol

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Gotcha. Don't know if you're aware, but your character name is entirely censored (******)... xD

Edit: um, it's the silvercat ring I meant to have, not the obscuring ring... :( Sorry for the misunderstanding. I got the obscuring ring and pissed of Sirris so I'm locked out of Silvercat. Do you have it?

Top Bottom