• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Deku Tree

How do I get that helmet that increases item discovery? Where is a good place to kill mimics?

have PC players mined the code to find the drop rates of things like Concords from Knights and to figure out how much item discovery increases drop rates?

They were doing that with the Division drop rates.

Sarcasm

How do I get that helmet that increases item discovery? Where is a good place to kill mimics?

have PC players mined the code to find the drop rates of things like Concords from Knights and to figure out how much item discovery increases drop rates?

Look up the hunter charm trick for helm.

neoism

find a mimic and do this.... you also get it randomly from killing them plus if you kill everyone in one playthrough the last will drop it.. i got lucky and got mine early from just killing one.

Sarcasm

I don't understand how people wear it in this version unless they changed how it works.

It just chews through my Hp much faster then in ds1.

Persona7

Banned
I am pretty sure that thing about the final mimic having a guaranteed drop isn't true in this game because it didn't happen to me and I am 99% sure I got all the mimics in my first run.

Don't kill mimics, use the Lloyd's Talisman. It counts as a chance for a Symbol every time.

If you want to know the best place to farm for it:
Profaned capital has two mimics next to each other that you can toss a talisman at, opening both up. Keep doing this until a Symbol of Avarace drops.

neoism

I am pretty sure that thing about the final mimic having a guaranteed drop isn't true because it didn't happen to me and I am 99% sure I got all the mimics in my first run.

yea i read that on reddit so yea probably not but i killed one and it just dropped with many more i hadnt found yet!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Damn I just keep getting my ass handed to me in Smauldering Lake. What level is this Zone roughly?

Being a pyromancy/Dex build is not helping me here haha

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Damn I just keep getting my ass handed to me in Smauldering Lake. What level is this Zone roughly?

Being a pyromancy/Dex build is not helping me here haha
It's probably a decently higher level than Catacombs, so you might want to consider revisiting it later.

But good build pick! I recently beat the game with a pyro/dex build.

GulAtiCa

[PS4] If anyone is trying to be a Blade and is near lv 125, come to Undead Settlement, specifically near the boss area. I'm letting myself be invaded w/ the Dried Finger. I'm going to be hiding behind the boss gate, so any enemy can't get to me. I'm mainly doing something else, but this will give some of you an opportunity to get some possible summons. I'll prob do this for the next 30 minutes.

[PS4] If anyone is trying to be a Blade and is near lv 125, come to Undead Settlement, specifically near the boss area. I'm letting myself be invaded w/ the Dried Finger. I'm going to be hiding behind the boss gate, so any enemy can't get to me. I'm mainly doing something else, but this will give some of you an opportunity to get some possible summons. I'll prob do this for the next 30 minutes.
Think this will work?

GulAtiCa

Think this will work?

Not sure. I know I can still be invaded by doing that, since I'm behind the fog gate for them, while it's open for me (since haven't triggered the boss fight yet). Found this out earlier. lol. Not sure if Blues/Blades will still be able to join if I'm hiding behind the boss entrance.

But.. I'm not really being invaded currently, even when I stand before the boss entrence.. It is late though, so prob bad time to try this out

Not sure. I know I can still be invaded by doing that, since I'm behind the fog gate for them, while it's open for me (since haven't triggered the boss fight yet). Found this out earlier. lol. Not sure if Blues/Blades will still be able to join if I'm hiding behind the boss entrance.

But.. I'm not really being invaded currently, even when I stand before the boss entrence.. It is late though, so prob bad time to try this out
Well I'm heading there now to try it out anyway. I'm level 115 so I'm close enough right?

Edit: Doesn't seem to work :(

A good idea my friend suggested to fix this whole thing with Darkmoons is just have it so if someone who is a Darkmoon gets invaded, some other person who's also a Darkmoon gets auto-summoned instead of this Way of Blue crap. Most people at high levels don't use Way of Blue so it's a whole lot of Darkmoon players fighting over this tiny fragment of people that use WoB at high levels. At least this way to opens the door to a lot more possible auto-summons. I wonder if they can patch that in :p

For fun I've tried invading people in the Undead Settlement using the Red Eye Orb and invade instantly at SL 115. In two of those invasion a Blue Sentinel and a Blade was summon while I was a red invader. I'VE BEEN IN THE AREA AS A BLADE FOR 30 MINUTES PRIOR. WTF.

A good idea my friend suggested to fix this whole thing with Darkmoons is just have it so if someone who is a Darkmoon gets invaded, some other person who's also a Darkmoon gets auto-summoned instead of this Way of Blue crap. Most people at high levels don't use Way of Blue so it's a whole lot of Darkmoon players fighting over this tiny fragment of people that use WoB at high levels. At least this way to opens the door to a lot more possible auto-summons. I wonder if they can patch that in :p

It's just broken for some people, I tell ya.
This is incredibly annoying. I finished Rosario's Fingers, MoundMakers, and Sun Bros fast because summoning works. I was making progress with Aldrich but I stopped getting summoned.

just got to the library level on my first playthrough. wow this is incredible. the atmosphere is so thick! the darkness. the indoor fog! this area is a fantastical nightmare rendering of the Disneyworld Haunted Mansion.

the candle guy walking through the doorway was so trippy and reminded me of a bad dream.

throwing pyromancy at the goblins hanging off of bookshelves was a real treat.

as was dipping my head in wax in order to avoid dark damage from the ethereal spectral arms emitting from certain tomes.

i think i'm getting near the end (still have the optional areas too tho) but overall the level design and cool new enemies really haven't let me down one bit the entire game. it's very consistently great the whole way through! so weird and unique, i love it.

This is incredibly annoying. I finished Rosario's Fingers, MoundMakers, and Sun Bros fast because summoning works. I was making progress with Aldrich but I stopped getting summoned.

I did moundmakers, sunbros, and some Aldrich. Then Aldrich broke for me too. I grinded for Rosaria because I kept dying and just gave up :p

What's a place where invasions happen often so I can get summoned to help? I'm not having any luck with the Blade of the Darkmoon covenant.

Edit: Oh reading up a bit, apparently it's broken? Nice.

Deku Tree

Checked all Mimick chests again. I killed all of them. And no item discovery helmet is laying around and I don't have that helmet either.

What happened to New Game + in this game? It's far too easy. You've always been pretty overpowered starting off in NG+, but the enemies seem too weak. It makes it feel pointless planning a pve character around a late-game weapon.

Checked all Mimick chests again. I killed all of them. And no item discovery helmet is laying around and I don't have that helmet either.

I don't think it's guaranteed no matter what people will tell you. However, you can repeatedly get loot from the same Mimic by throwing Undead Hunter Charms at them.

Deku Tree

It's not a guaranteed drop like in DaS 1. I found that out the hard way :(

What happened to New Game + in this game? It's far too easy. You've always been pretty overpowered starting off in NG+, but the enemies seem too weak. It makes it feel pointless planning a pve character around a late-game weapon.

I don't think it's guaranteed no matter what people will tell you. However, you can repeatedly get loot from the same Mimic by throwing Undead Hunter Charms at them.

Yeah I didn't know about this crazy item drop chance increase helmet thing. So I was just killing the chests not realizing that they might have some unique rare weapon that you could get by spamming them with Undead Hunter Charms... now the chests are all dead.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I didn't know about this crazy item drop chance increase helmet thing. So I was just killing the chests not realizing that they might have some unique rare weapon that you could get by spamming them with Undead Hunter Charms... now the chests are all dead.

I think I have a spare you can have, though I won't be on till much much later tonight (it's 7am here).

BeeDog

NG+ is such a breeze being at level 130. I killed NK on the second try and might have died 4 times in total throughout the run. Wished for some more changes to NG+ aside from the new rings, but the game's still great and a very worthy successor to DaS and DaS II.

I am pretty sure that thing about the final mimic having a guaranteed drop isn't true because it didn't happen to me and I am 99% sure I got all the mimics in my first run.
This was true for DS1, but not in DS3.

As people said above, just keep using Lloyds Talisman's on them until they drop it. No need to rest at a bonfire, just wait for the last one to wear off before throwing another one. You'll have to wait until NG+ now though.

I use Lucy quite a bit for PvP. It's a fine weapon with great reach and low stamina consumption. If the Leo Ring was worth a fuck in this game Lucy would be OP.

Try the Thrall Axe. It's fast like a dagger and does more damage. It has the quickstep skill too.
I'll give it a try, I never thought about hand axes, pretty fast they were decent in DS1 iirc.

Minamu

ALRIGHT!! :D Finally done with the concord farming! Not sure how long it took, I've done more painful grinds in this series before I think. I gained roughly 30-40 levels from this though, and I'm at a pleasant lvl 200 now :D 80+ hours so far. Time for NG++ and the final gesture and the rings!

Edit: took about 200 rusted coins, used one or two per run. Always did all three knights, and then teleported back.

Edit2: And now I realize I had saved 3 concords in my storage box.... Great :lol

SDR-UK

ALRIGHT!! :D Finally done with the concord farming! Not sure how long it took, I've done more painful grinds in this series before I think. I gained roughly 30-40 levels from this though, and I'm at a pleasant lvl 200 now :D 80+ hours so far. Time for NG++ and the final gesture and the rings!

Edit: took about 200 rusted coins, used one or two per run. Always did all three knights, and then teleported back.

Edit2: And now I realize I had saved 3 concords in my storage box.... Great :lol

I did that at first but my drop rates were a lot worse than when I simply walked back and refreshed it. Not stating it as absolute fact but just something I noticed during my farming.

Minamu

I did that at first but my drop rates were a lot worse than when I simply walked back and refreshed it. Not stating it as absolute fact but just something I noticed during my farming.
It felt to me like the red-eyed dude dropped it easier, weird huh :) Just saw my very first successful darkmoon! Currently sitting at the high wall as WoB and a dude came in and killed two invaders easily :O

Arjen

Same, farming just the 2 seemed a lot quicker.

Minamu

I'm about to get Yoel, do I need to get another 5 level ups from him to get the third ending, even though I got those levels last journey? I still have the dark sigil but I screwed up and killed the hidden npc :/

Edit: Seems you lose the sigil when you go to ng+ and onwards! Got my 5 free levels automatically because I had Hollowing lvl 99 already.

Soulhouf

Yeah, that forced 5 level up BS with Yoel is the worst thing about DS3.
Why do you force me to level up to do a quest FROM?
I finished the game first time at lv70 and now that character is sitting at lv90 in NG+5 because of that. I like going through that quest but I don't want to continue to level up.
Hopefully they will patch the game and make it not mandatory to level up in subsequent playthroughs once you do it once.

Minamu

Yeah, that forced 5 level up BS with Yoel is the worst thing about DS3.
Why do you force me to level up to do a quest FROM?
I finished the game first time at lv70 and now that character is sitting at lv90 in NG+5 because of that. I like going through that quest but I don't want to continue to level up.
Hopefully they will patch the game and make it not mandatory to level up in subsequent playthroughs once you do it once.
Yeah I can see why that'd be annoying to some. I'm already at a stupid lvl, 207 thanks to Yoel, so it doesn't matter all that much, finding coop partners etc is already fairly difficult (although not enough to warrant staying at the pvp meta imho). At least I didn't have to die a bunch of times :lol

Kazuhira

Do i need to collect all the rings with the same char to get the achievement?
I've completed farron watchdogs, sunbro and Aldrich's but each one with a different character.

Sarcasm

Do i need to collect all the rings with the same char to get the achievement?
I've completed farron watchdogs, sunbro and Aldrich's but each one with a different character.

You can have someone drop you the rings. I believe it only counts per charcter.

Late Flag

So last night I started doing Mound Maker invasions in Crucifixion Woods. I did my first run semi-blind and completely missed this covenant, and this is as far as I've gotten in NG+. I did around 25-30 invasions and literally every single one was either 2-3 guys waiting for me or a lone host who just ran off and hid someplace, presumably disguised. Occasionally there was another red or purple to help out, but then it was 4 on 2. I'm terrible at PVP and usually get wrecked even in fair fights, so these sorts of scenarios are hopeless for me.

On the other hand, I had no problems when I was getting summoned for the Aldrich covenant. Maybe that would be a better spot to invade for vertebrae shackles? It seems like I would stand a better chance of not always being outnumbered in that area, because of the auto-summons.

Top Bottom