• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

strafer

0x8ZFHR.jpg

Yes, I'm going to waste a rare slab to upgrade this shitty ass weapon that sucks so much just because it looks so cool.

I have a problem... a fashionable problem.

Don't feel bad. I do the same.

GulAtiCa

Anyone feel like dropping Symbol of Avarice, Crystal Sage's Rapier, and possibly also Man-Grub's Staff on PS4? I hate to ask but I don't think I can get them myself.

Symbol of Avarice apparently drops automatically if you kill ALL mimics.
Though, you cna also farm for it instead. Use the undead charm thing on a mimic, and it has a chance to spawn it in it's mouth. Just use the charm again once it wakes up and goes back to normal. Prob took me 25ish tries. I believe the % rate of appearing goes up per # you kill

Yes, I'm going to waste a rare slab to upgrade this shitty ass weapon that sucks so much just because it looks so cool.

I have a problem... a fashionable problem.

Meh, since you don't need to upgrade armour, and you get a total of
eight
slabs per playthrough, you're fine :p.

And fashionable.

Though, you cna also farm for it instead. Use the undead charm thing on a mimic, and it has a chance to spawn it in it's mouth. Just use the charm again once it wakes up and goes back to normal. Prob took me 25ish tries. I believe the % rate of appearing goes up per # you kill

It doesn't. I killed all my mimics and never got one. They also killed all their mimics, so they'd have to wait till NG+

Deku Tree

Yeah I've heard that... but I already killed all the Mimic's before I knew that.... I spent a long time last night going to every single Mimic location (had to look it up) and it wasn't at any of the locations and I don't have it in my inventory.

So that "automatic drop" is not a guarantee it may be RNG.

I'm trying not to go into NG+ and just hang out in my original game.

Ferr986

Don't feel bad. I do the same.

If only I wasn't such a hoarder lol but yeah I always have spare slabs at the end with all my chars. I never use them all, for some reason.

Meh, since you don't need to upgrade armour, and you get a total of
eight
slabs per playthrough, you're fine :p.

And fashionable.

Yeah, problem is that the weapon just plain sucks. I would love if it was any good, Burial Blade was my go to weapon in Bloodborne.

I'll still have a Carthus Curved Sword (also a cool looking weapon, and a good one!) and a Chaos Astora Greatsword just in case (but a witch with a greatsword looks weird).

So.... anyone want to be a massive timesaver and have a wolf ring (the swordgrass reward) they don't mind dropping? (PS4)

It's the last ring I need for the trophy and platinum, and I'm getting nowhere fast grinding the item from farron woods. :(

nowai

It's painful watching ENB in this video. He is being so impatient and rushing which is a carnal sin in a Souls game.

I am surprised at how careless he is being and taking needless deaths...hopefully NK will give him a proper spanking!

EDIT: hahah watching him whiff attacks against the mount is HIGHLY enjoyable. I know that pain well! Depth perception fail.

You are not safe. Only safe when at the VERY end of her quest. Spoiler:
At the very very end after she dies when you kill the Twin Princes

Well, it depends what you're after. You can quit after the ring if that's all you need.
She makes a better backup against the Princes than the players I sumoned

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It has little to do with SL, weapon upgrades, area, etc. The auto-summoning just sucks. I have friends that get auto-summoned at SL 120. I have friends that don't. Hell, some people have complained that they equip WoB and are low levels at Road of Sacrifice and when they get invaded no Bluebro helpers.

Oh really? Weird.

I'm hoping that too. As I might do that after I get everything else...

I'd recommend doing +2, since you would range from a +0 to a +4.

I didn't know that's how upgrades worked! Thanks.

Vena

What are the odds they actually nerf the Dark Sword and Estoc? Even in PvE I feel that its a waste of time to use anything other than these broken weapons, lol.

Randomized character continues, this character that was "given" to me by the dice is starting to fall apart (more than it already was). Crystal Sage actually took me a few tries because actually having less health than an SL1 challenge forces you to learn to do things you'd never need to do like
actually killing the blue magic Sages in the battle to make sure you don't get combo'd by Soul Spears and using the safe spot to heal

My level ups that I used this session were Attunement, Luck, and (with invoking the bad luck clause) 1 point of Vigor.

I might create an optional rule for Vigor. Every build (except SL1) needs Vigor, and this challenge makes it very easy to not have it. It'll probably be something like you can raise 1 point of vigor per level up (max 15) in addition to your normal stat, and then after 15 Vigor it has to be a random gain. And then hard mode is to not do that. I hate having to come up with new rules as I play this challenge, but my first character is doing a really good job exposing everything that can go horribly wrong.

My plan for this character is to get the Sage Coal (which every other time I've visited Farron Keep I always stumble upon the area it's at trying to do everything else, but now I've explored every nook and cranny and can't find it for the life of me) so that I can get an Int scaling infusion. Later on when I need to fight A
ldrich
(which I plan on doing as late as possible) I should have another weapon with a different infusion (most likely Hollowed) by then.

Some people earlier asked why anyone bothered with PvP because it's so glitchy, laggy, ganksquads, etc. etc.

Well, here's why: because of moments like this (watch 'til the end, you can skip ahead at 0:38):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwRpseZ5_kM

Laughed my ass so hard. How can I not love the game after this. xD

loool nice. The funnest thing to do is go naked, equip rings that decrease your damage apposition to the point that you have -180+ absorption. Then put your sign down and when the guy OHKs you, add him and call him a filthy hacker

Some people earlier asked why anyone bothered with PvP because it's so glitchy, laggy, ganksquads, etc. etc.

Well, here's why: because of moments like this (watch 'til the end, you can skip ahead at 0:38):

That was beautiful. Fine work, skeleton!

Also, the PewDiePie video on the recommended vids sidebar was actually pretty funny. He got the shit kicked out of him by the thralls on the Cathedral roof and ended up breaking his controller.

That was beautiful. Fine work, skeleton!

Also, the PewDiePie video on the recommended vids sidebar was actually pretty funny. He got the shit kicked out of him by the thralls on the Cathedral roof and ended up breaking his controller.

LOL! "That doesn't fucking count! Zero deaths. ZERO!"
I don't see the hate with PewDiePie I find him to be humoures at times.

2AdEPT

I like to request to be summoned to help fighting A
ncient Wyvern
. But every few times I do it the gate is down for me but up for the other players... I just realized that I could make the gate go up... I feel like I get more souls though If I am outside of the fog gate when the boss dies for some reason... weird.

BTW is there any way for me to get the Morion Blade if I am at the very end of the game and Yuria is gone from Firelink shrine?

Thanks!
Not that I know of...pretty sure you have to do NG+ or load a save, either way its a rare weapon. You can get it early but it goes really good with Anri's and a luck build. In order to do this you have to speed run past anri at the halfway bonfire and talk to Orbeck, then have Yuria in the shrine, then kill Orbeck, then talk to Yuria....only then can you kill ANri for the sword or wait until the story plays out. You also cant kill that
statue
in Yorshkas chapel. You can never make Yurai angry or she will leave so its good to get the Morion as soon as possible.
Does resting at the bonfire reset the time for being auto summoned?
I dont think so, I have been summoned many times within seconds of tripping a bonfire and sometimes it takes a long time...I have been really lucky with this as I have not got one single sliver knight drop and only have about 10 left to get by count..so at least 20 successful summons...got 6in one summon one time and twice now I have got two....another time I got a concord of "WELL" or something that wen used turns into two concords...it wasnt the one you find in the Anor londo boss approach as I already burned that one. I started two days ago.
YEs, actually increasing the number of attempts will lead to a higher chance for success?!?!?!
sorry I know what you meant but couldnt resist.

Thats awesome thanks for sharing that.

HE's really funny at times for sure...is he worth 4 million a year?....no but that's why he gets hate more than anything he does on camera.

Deku Tree

Not that I know of...pretty sure you have to do NG+ or load a save, either way its a rare weapon. You can get it early but it goes really good with Anri's and a luck build. In order to do this you have to speed run past anri at the halfway bonfire and talk to Orbeck, then have Yuria in the shrine, then kill Orbeck, then talk to Yuria....only then can you kill ANri for the sword or wait until the story plays out. You also cant kill that
statue
in Yorshkas chapel. You can never make Yurai angry or she will leave so its good to get the Morion as soon as possible.

Yeah I couldn't figure out if I could pick up the Morion Blade either. Funny thing to me was that the Shine handmaiden took
Orbeck's ashes
from me so I figured that would trigger something... so I looked around a lot. But I found nothing.

Dahbomb

My greatest DS3 PvP moment happened yesterday.

I was finishing up the last of my Aldrich faithful invasion, I just needed one more Dreg. I get invaded into a game, I go over to the duel area and see Ornstein, Smough and Nameless King. That's right, 3 players cosplaying as a squad right down to the weapons. They eve turned on that item that makes enemies react to invaders. I took the fights near the Giants area, got Smough trapped near a giant and managed to kill him with some L1 spam (using the dual katanas with bleed). I got a Charm on the Nameless King and bum rushed him, then the host Onrnstein played the mickey mouse game of running around the area trying to resummon his buddies. Luckily during this time I got an Aldrich Faithful, a normal red invaded AND a Mad Phantom on my side and just hunted him down before the summons happened.

The projectile attacks from the Nameless King and Orstein weapons were really annoying though. Thankfully the Smough weapon looks kinda bad so he was not too much of a problem.

Also Patches has disappeared from my game. I sent him after Greirat but I already recovered his ashes. All the bosses are dead in my game, how do I make him reappear? I have run out of Coins farming those knights LMAO!

HE's really funny at times for sure...is he worth 4 million a year?....no but that's why he gets hate more than anything he does on camera.

I still don't get why people get mad at him for that, he pulls in the views and that's why he get's paid so well. It's not like he get's paid that much for nothing. I wanna see some of those other people try to get like 5million views per video

Arjen

Well done, but it still shows the reason why I don't invade anymore. I'm not a good enough player to pull of these 3v1s

Yeah generally his videos aren't for me but he seems like a cool dude. Watching those thralls kick his ass was funny as hell though, especially since it's happened to me too.

His worth is based on the amount of views he gets right? He's obviously doing something right. I agree that the vast majority of hate toward him is pure jealousy; dude is raking in money making silly gaming videos on YouTube. And his gf is really cute. Lots of people out there would kill to have his life.

Deku Tree

Also Patches has disappeared from my game. I sent him after Greirat but I already recovered his ashes. All the bosses are dead in my game, how do I make him reappear? I have run out of Coins farming those knights LMAO!

If you bought the Catarina armor off Patches before you sent him then IDK if he was able to survive.... Not sure 100% but you were supposed to send the NPC that had the Catarina armor at the time. That armor is OP.

Ferr986

I love baiting people to think I can only cast spells with lock on and then free-aim Chaos fireballing their asses when they get cocky.

Granted I still miss a lot but I'm improving.

2AdEPT

I still don't get why people get mad at him for that, he pulls in the views and that's why he get's paid so well. It's not like he get's paid that much for nothing. I wanna see some of those other people try to get like 5million views per video

AFter watching that video he deserves to be wealthy, but maybe par of his wealth coudl be shared around..surely we have a better system or ways to improve society such that good work gets remunerated equitably?, I love bathroom humour, any attempt at humour is better than nothing....well almost.....but what I dislike about our society is that everyone glorifies sports stars, movie people, and only a few get to be at the top. There are countless souls fanatics that spend a lot of time making equally good content but get squat and it doesn't justify their time and then they quit:

take poka for example; he spends so much time on these videos for peanuts, and has had to take breaks jsut to have a life.

His worth is based on the amount of views he gets right?

For sure, but maybe people need to glorify and click on only one guy less and spread it around...Morrigans video above was awesome footage worthy to be on any mainstream channel and edited up with music etc. I really dont see any difference at all. This is part of my love/hate with Kay and ENB..really? THIS is what people think is the gold standard for a let's play? after trying it myself I recognize how hard it is, but that is why I think there needs to be more spreading the love..the select few people who get to be custodians of the youtube domain are rarely the best out there...pewdiepie deserves to be up there, but also keep in mind he can take the time to edit his stuff for his real job..most cant do that.

AFter watching that video he deserves to be wealthy, but maybe par of his wealth coudl be shared around..surely we have a better system or ways to improve society such that good work gets remunerated equitably?, I love bathroom humour, any attempt at humour is better than nothing....well almost.....but what I dislike about our society is that everyone glorifies sports stars, movie people, and only a few get to be at the top. There are countless souls fanatics that spend a lot of time making equally good content but get squat and it doesn't justify their time and then they quit:

take poka for example; he spends so much time on these videos for peanuts, and has had to take breaks jsut to have a life.

I think PewDiePie donates a lot of money to various charities.

They just need to keep going at it, eventually YouTiubes algorithm might pick em up. Matthew Santoro made videos for years before finally hitting it big. Iron Pineapple is beginning to pick up massive momentum, and ever since the drama video GradeAUnderA has been getting big. I won't deny that a big part of it probably does depend on luck of the draw though. I've seen many YouTubers that make excellent content and tend to put a lot of work in their videos but their views are so little. But Patreon kind of helps elevate that problem now, since your viewers can choose to pledge x amount per month or per video(up to the content creator) to help you out.

Meccs

Just invaded a fight club and killed probably 10 guys with my 400 less health I normally would have had as a summon. Ah, so satisfying! I was kinda burned out yesterday but invading behind Pontiff is such great fun!

2AdEPT

I think PewDiePie donates a lot of money to various charities.

They just need to keep going at it, eventually YouTiubes algorithm might pick em up. Matthew Santoro made videos for years before finally hitting it big. Iron Pineapple is beginning to pick up massive momentum, and ever since the drama video GradeAUnderA has been getting big. I won't deny that a big part of it probably does depend on luck of the draw though. I've seen many YouTubers that make excellent content and tend to put a lot of work in their videos but their views are so little. But Patreon kind of helps elevate that problem now, since your viewers can choose to pledge x amount per month or per video(up to the content creator) to help you out.

yeah for sure....its just that its not only luck (and a randon algorythm) that makes any channel get clicks, its marketing as well. If you really want to pay you tube a few thousand dollars your channel will get spread more widely, and this is how hteir "algorythm" as you say works. THere is zero chance that people like PWEdiepie who make lots of coin dont reinvest in You tube's marketing polices and ensure their videos get more shares etc. Its a rich get richer system, and thankfully it may change soon with the likes of people like Bernie gaining momentum.

I admit that patreon is a good option but its hard to get out your credit card and type a bunch of numbers when each click is only worth a fraction of a cent.

Syder

His Dark Souls I and Bloodborne playthroughs were pretty good. He condensed them really well.

yeah for sure....its just that its not only luck (and a randon algorythm) that makes any channel get clicks, its marketing as well. If you really want to pay you tube a few thousand dollars your channel will get spread more widely, and this is how hteir "algorythm" as you say works. THere is zero chance that people like PWEdiepie who make lots of coin dont reinvest in You tube's marketing polices and ensure their videos get more shares etc. Its a rich get richer system, and thankfully it may change soon with the likes of people like Bernie gaining momentum.

I admit that patreon is a good option but its hard to get out your credit card and type a bunch of numbers when each click is only worth a fraction of a cent.

I don't think Matt, or GradeA did that though. Matt had been out of a job for a few months so taking a risk of investing and hoping he gets enough views back wouldn't be the best idea. GradeA got lucky because he started talking about the whole "YouTube drama" thing when it started so channels talking about it were far and few between.

That's the thing though. The viewer pledges to the creator. For example, Vaati has a Patreon and he gets nearly $6,000 a month from his pledgers. Vaati tends to get anywhere from 400k views to 1.5million views. From what I heard it's $1/1000 views so he'd get $400-$1,500. While patron is a steady $6000 per month. Cool thing about patron is the CC also can put tiers so you can pay a certain amount and get benefits like first look at videos, exclusive videos, etc.

Speaking of YouTubers. I was expecting some videos from Vaati by now.

Forgot to write the post lel.

Yeah, Vaati I need my lore fix...

KHlover

Banned
Started a NG+ Ornstein and Smough Coop run with a friend just now. Damn fun already and we haven't even left the first bonfire of High Wall yet. Ornstein's L2 is just so damn good. If he lands that I jump in with my 2h R2 and that's lights out for the invader.

Top Bottom