• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Tarkus

What's a good PvP spot for SL100? Is there a list of all the good spots somewhere?
Pontiff is extremely active up to SL120s.

High Wall of Lothric is very active as well.

Anor Londo is active at times.

I'm saying as a 120. So anything less should be more active in these spots.

None of the + rings in NG+ onwards are tied to quests are they, so you can just blitz through the game and pick them all up at the end if you didn't grab them earlier?

Deku Tree

I like to request to be summoned to help fighting A
ncient Wyvern
. But every few times I do it the gate is down for me but up for the other players... I just realized that I could make the gate go up... I feel like I get more souls though If I am outside of the fog gate when the boss dies for some reason... weird.

BTW is there any way for me to get the Morion Blade if I am at the very end of the game and Yuria is gone from Firelink shrine?

Pontiff is extremely active up to SL120s.

High Wall of Lothric is very active as well.

Anor Londo is active at times.

I'm saying as a 120. So anything less should be more active in these spots.

Thanks!

Meccs

The last 4 guys I invaded lagged so much that there was no way of hitting them. What is going on today... Make that 5. Someone summoned me and the connection was fine, back to invading and everyone is from Asia today it seems (Matchmaking Off)

GulAtiCa

Well I'm heading there now to try it out anyway. I'm level 115 so I'm close enough right?

Edit: Doesn't seem to work :(

I ended up only being invaded twice, after like 15 minutes of just sitting there. And both times they left almost right away. Guess doing this at night not the best idea. During the day when I found this out, I had like 2 or 3 active invaders in my world!

Interesting that they would leave, since they won't be able to see me behind the fog gate, from their perspective. Heck, they didn't even come over there. But prob thought I was about to fight the boss anyways.

Guess other thing is that when this happened yesterday afternoon, I left a trail of dead mobs on the way, so wasn't clear where I was, while last night I went straight to the boss, thus leaving mobs untouched and obvious where I wasn't.

valouris

So I am at
Prince Lorian, and I am assuming this is the pre-final boss, with King Lothric probably following right after.
Is it the final boss? If so, can you resume your game normally after you beat it? Will I miss anything if I beat it?

Deku Tree

So I am at
Prince Lorian, and I am assuming this is the pre-final boss, with King Lothric probably following right after.
Is it the final boss? If so, can you resume your game normally after you beat it? Will I miss anything if I beat it?

Not the final boss.
After you beat the final boss there is another step to finish the game. So you can beat the final boss and still keep playing without going to NG+. Just don't do anything else in the final boss area. Don't light the bonfire etc.
This is what I am currently doing.

GulAtiCa

Not the final boss.
After you beat the final boss there is another step to finish the game. So you can beat the final boss and still keep playing without going to NG+. Just don't do anything else in the final boss area. Don't light the bonfire etc.
This is what I am currently doing.
Actually, you are asked if you want to go to NG+. You then can use bonfire at firelink shrine to head to NG+

Tarkus

Somebody was talking yesterday about how people seem to be having a hard time against the Halberd. Well, people use it like an Estoc XL meaning that most people just R1 poke spam with an occasional skill thrown in. So that might explain it's difficulty.

GulAtiCa

Oh you can trigger the ending and the credits and still stay in your current game and not go to NG+? Didn't even get far enough to try that...

Yep, can trigger the ending & credits and all stuff, and then stay in current game and decide to move onto next NG+ later on.

Unai

Sirris
already pledge loyalty to me. Am I safe to offer
Pale Tongues
to
Rosaria
? I messed up this quest line during my first playthrough.

GulAtiCa

Sirris
already pledge loyalty to me. Am I safe to offer a
Pale Tongues
to
Rosaria
? I messed up this quest line during my first playthrough.

You are not safe. Only safe when at the VERY end of her quest. Spoiler:
At the very very end after she dies when you kill the Twin Princes

Deku Tree

Locking the platinum trophy behind some faulty poorly working auto summon mechanic is awful. So is forcing you to grind kills with a 4% drop rate when you have 400+ item discovery.

So to get 30 Concords would require me to kill a lot more than 750 knights because I can't get to 400 item discovery because I don't have the proper items.

Omg no FROM

Decided to finally start the NG+ playthrough on my original Ashen one, and decided to do the Dried Finger/ Way of Blue combo throughout. It's invasion city. I was never invaded so much even when using the Dried Finger at appropriate SL's.

Overall, pretty fun.

Sarcasm

The auto summoning has stopped working for me and I only need 8 more.

The Knights haven't dropped one since I started over two hours ago.

Cat Party

Someone invaded me in Lothric Castle, but just came up to me and stood there. I wasn't sure what he was waiting for, but I had Way of the Blue equipped, so I waited for a pal. When the helper appeared, the invader went to fight him. Is this some kind of farming thing? Was I supposed to let them fight?

Sarcasm

Someone invaded me in Lothric Castle, but just came up to me and stood there. I wasn't sure what he was waiting for, but I had Way of the Blue equipped, so I waited for a pal. When the helper appeared, the invader went to fight him. Is this some kind of farming thing? Was I supposed to let them fight?

Did they use estus? Did the invader? If yes attack at will. I would anyways cause most likely Darkmoon guy is trying to get proofs like me.

Decided to AFK at Sully to see if anyone summons my sentinel with Way of the Blue. So far no.

Who is Sully?

Cat Party

Did they use estus? Did the invader? If yes attack at will. I would anyways cause most likely Darkmoon guy is trying to get proofs like me.

To be clear, I immediately back stabbed the invader when he went to fight the dark moon, because I didn't ask to be invaded. I was just wondering if this is a normal thing. Invaders usually rush me because I play solo.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking of ways to get Darkmoon/Blue Sentinel covenant items without farming (HAHA). If I start a fresh character, level only to 20, keep my weapon 0 to +2, and join Blue Sentinels in RoS, am I more likely to get called up and get those sweet concords... or is that wishful thinking?

I'm really enjoying my Witch's Locks pyromancer build. Melee damage isn't as strong as my Faith/Luck Anri's Straight Sword build, but in return I can't be parried and my Great Chaos Fire Orb absolutely demolishes bosses and invaders alike. Catching someone with a free-aimed GCFO is incredibly satisfying; killing them with the lava pool even more so. I also got several kills yesterday with the Witch's Locks weapon skill, which has tracking and good range. Also, Rapport is the best PvE spell in the game.

I'm 125 and I get summoned quiet often for bosses, and when I put down my invasion sign outside pontiff I get summoned within 5 minutes. I haven't tried summoning people, but if I can be summoned, then I can find summons.

For the bluebros I haven't tried getting them auto-summoned to me since I beat the game and haven't gone into NG+ because I wanna finish covenant stuff.

So I leveled up from 100 to 115. Invasions are still no problem, but it's definitely more lonely trying to get summoned as a Sunbro at the A
byss
W
atchers
. Sometimes it takes up to 15 mins to get summoned. Though I'm sure the later bosses like P
ontiff
and D
ragonslayer
will be more populated.

Not possible for a Blue summon to kill you. Be aware that there are blue-purple tinted phantoms, which are the area-invade covenants. Their goal is to fuck your shit up.

Are you sure it was a blue bro and not an Aldrich faithful, which are also blue tinged? They are hostile invaders.

Ah, yeah that was probably it then.

Sorry all, couldnt do the no Estus Challenge on the final boss NG+7.

This is what i settled for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URq33uvggYk

If anyone needs me ill be in the corner waiting for my body to die.

The fact that you beat 99% of the bosses without using Estus is admirable. Doing it in NG+7 makes it even more impressive. Did you at least no Estus him in one of the previous NG+s :p?

Oh you can trigger the ending and the credits and still stay in your current game and not go to NG+? Didn't even get far enough to try that...

After the credits you will be asked if you want to go into NG+ and you can decline. After that the option will be available from the bonfire at firelink.

I'm thinking of ways to get Darkmoon/Blue Sentinel covenant items without farming (HAHA). If I start a fresh character, level only to 20, keep my weapon 0 to +2, and join Blue Sentinels in RoS, am I more likely to get called up and get those sweet concords... or is that wishful thinking?

It has little to do with SL, weapon upgrades, area, etc. The auto-summoning just sucks. I have friends that get auto-summoned at SL 120. I have friends that don't. Hell, some people have complained that they equip WoB and are low levels at Road of Sacrifice and when they get invaded no Bluebro helpers.

So I leveled up from 100 to 115. Invasions are still no problem, but it's definitely more lonely trying to get summoned as a Sunbro at the A
byss
W
atchers
. Sometimes it takes up to 15 mins to get summoned. Though I'm sure the later bosses like P
ontiff
and D
ragonslayer
will be more populated.

Not many people summon for that boss. You will find lots of activity at those bosses, and at Tw
in princes
. Putting my summon sign there gets me summoned in roughly 5 minutes, depending on the time of day.

GulAtiCa

I'm hoping that too. As I might do that after I get everything else...

I'd recommend doing +2, since you would range from a +0 to a +4.

Deku Tree

Everything is character specific right? So you have to collect all miracles on one character to get that trophy? And you have to collect all gestures on the same character to get that trophy?

Everything is character specific right? So you have to collect all miracles on one character to get that trophy? And you have to collect all gestures on the same character to get that trophy?

Yeah. Getting all miracles on the same character is how you unlock it, it can't be like 50% on one and 50% on another.

Fireflu

So glad ENB managed to find
Archdragon Peak
on his own and reach the
Nameless King
but I REALLY expected him to start making guesses and assumptions about his identity.

Hopefully he beats him soon, reads the soul and armour descriptions and puts the pieces together. Considering how much he talks and speculates about
Gwyns first born
it should be quite the revelation for him!

Deku Tree

Anyone feel like dropping Symbol of Avarice, Crystal Sage's Rapier, and possibly also Man-Grub's Staff on PS4? I hate to ask but I don't think I can get them myself.

Ferr986

0x8ZFHR.jpg

Yes, I'm going to waste a rare slab to upgrade this shitty ass weapon that sucks so much just because it looks so cool.

I have a problem... a fashionable problem.

Top Bottom