• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

poodpick

I'm thinking about starting a faith character.

Are any of the faith based infusions good(blessed or lightning)? Or am I better off with a raw weapon + weapon buffing miracle?

One weapon raw for buffs and one infused with lightning. On my faith character I use a lightning infused astora greatsword as my slow weapon and a raw astora straight sword + darkmoon blade or lightning blade as my fast weapon.

The most satisfying thing about my faith build was my miracle only NG++ run. Parrying Gundyr then smashing a sunlight spear into his face and striking the killing blow with wrath of the gods is amazing. Love the WoG finish.

Edit: The greatsword gets S scaling with faith when you infuse with lightning and the straight sword has the highest raw AR. DMB adds 242 magic damage with Yorshka's chime +10 at 60 faith. Also use the sunlight talisman for offensive miracles because the weapon art gives poise when you cast and you can tank a few straight sword hits.

Tarkus

If anyone wants to test things, try new weapons, parry practice, or any experiment, I'll be on for a while.
PS4

neoism

damn enb nearly one shot the king... his reaction wasnt as OMG as i thought...

side note the caestus makes parrying better but i still suck soooo bad ive come too it the 30< fps plus the worst triggers on a controller in the history of the world... i was rockin my fav pad ever 360 pad corded and 60 fps on pc... with ds2

really wish my pc didnt suck.

RangerBAD

Probably not the first to notice, but after I Platinumed the game I decided to wave goodbye to the Fire Maiden and she gestured back by bowing. Almost all the gestures get a response with about four different ones she can do in return. Bows, laughs, acts embarrassed and twirls.

Progressing along in my game+ Way of the Blue run. Got invaded by a mad in the lake. I hid long enough for the Blue Sentinel to show up. The mad invader and the sentinel bowed to one another so I let them duke it out. The Blue Sentinel got chewed up in 3 secs and the mad disappeared with his pound of flesh. Sigh. When I did my Blue Sentinel run, I didn't play fair. These summons are precious, let's not waste them.

I load up for the Pontiff with Ani and Gottard. Another mad invader shows up. I kept taunting him with fire arrows until the BS showed up. That one was quite a show. Eventually the invader decided to go all in. The BS was strictly a pyro. The invader died in the end after 4 or 5 hit and run rounds. It was a close thing. After that I took my crew to meed the Londor Pale Shade and the Pontiff. Only Gottard died near the very end. Game+ is a lot easier than the first run. That's not how I remember the first 2 games.

Sarcasm

I only need three more proofs.

Pale tongue only need ten but I would like to get more for respeccing. The only way is by invading or can I lay my red soap down? Possible cheese...

I only need three more proofs.

Pale tongue only need ten but I would like to get more for respeccing. The only way is by invading or can I lay my red soap down? Possible cheese...

There's a least 3 tongues that you can just pick up. I always get a few as drops as well.

What's wrong with invading?

Sarcasm

There's a least 3 tongues that you can just pick up. I always get a few as drops as well.

What's wrong with invading?

As the wiki sucks just making sure that putting down your red sign doesn't mess things up. Do I need to equip rosario covenant? I already have 4 tongues.

Pvp is for the most post trash but I don't mind it.

2AdEPT

damn enb nearly one shot the king... his reaction wasnt as OMG as i thought...

side note the caestus makes parrying better but i still suck soooo bad ive come too it the 30< fps plus the worst triggers on a controller in the history of the world... i was rockin my fav pad ever 360 pad corded and 60 fps on pc... with ds2

really wish my pc didnt suck.

I dont think he recognizes that nameless means the "f
irst born son who shall not be named
"....have patience....he will be his melodramatic self once he does...maybe speechless? Naw!

OK GAF help me out....which ashes did I miss this playthrough not to get kurki with the handmaiden....also, ENB didnt get the full Greirat menu did he? and yet he gets slabs at the handmaiden and I got none...all I have left to do is the princes and the whole cinder ceremony and namless king boss fight. BAsically at exactly where ENB is yet he has way more shtuff at the handmaiden. What did I miss?

I like that we can actually see the sky change everywhere in Lothric. Even in Farron Keep, you can see the weird sun through the haze if you look closely.

It annoyed me in Bloodborne that Old Yharnam, the woods, and Byrgenwerth were still dark even after the red moon. Made no sense

OK GAF help me out....which ashes did I miss this playthrough not to get kurki with the handmaiden....also, ENB didnt get the full Greirat menu did he? and yet he gets slabs at the handmaiden and I got none...all I have left to do is the princes and the whole cinder ceremony and namless king boss fight. BAsically at exactly where ENB is yet he has way more shtuff at the handmaiden. What did I miss?

I think you need Easterner's Ashes for kukris. Did you run by the Silver Knight archers? It's somewhere around there.

Deku Tree

Why are Concords so much rarer than the others? I got 10 human things in like 20 minutes earlier. Was getting sometimes one per run.

I dont think he recognizes that nameless means the "f
irst born son who shall not be named
"....have patience....he will be his melodramatic self once he does...maybe speechless? Naw!

1x can be bought for 30,000 souls from the Shrine Handmaid once
all the Cinders of a Lord are placed.

Okay, I think I finally understand my issue with the input queueing in this game. You can queue just about any action during a roll (change weapon, estus, throwing knife, another roll, etc.) which is great but it appears you cannot queue an action while being stunlocked. So if someone is giving you the old R1x8 and you mash parry to catch their third swing you'd better keep mashing it as the stunlock finishes or else it won't come out at all.

2AdEPT

Anyone else having online issues right now? Most of the time I'm getting summoned into a world with ice skating hosts.

Not right now (just got 4 more concords)...one for free as the screen faded in so all is well in my world right now....but this happened a lot for me over the course...on pC.

Thanks to lowly smoke and decu tree...both problems solved...Kurki are the grave warden ashes..and I just forgot to pick them up near the carthus bonfire...and I have not placed the lords of cinder yet...still need to do princes.

What's everyone's favorite strength weapon? Rocking a Claymore right now but eyeing this butcher knife because of the A Strength scaling

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Was that a weapon skill? I have never tried dual wielding in these games.

I'm not sure which attack you refer to, but I haven't used a weapon skill in this vid. I used a left-hand poison-infused rapier to parry and apply poison situationally (I rarely bother, not really worth it in this game). Mostly for role-play reasons, the character I made is a dual wielder.

I gave up looking for P
aladin
ashes, and Si
lver cat
ring and looked it up. I'm blind as shit for missing the first, and I'm glad I looked up the second because
screw NPC questlines! :mad: I would have looked around for hours if I didn't search it

Edit: ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I got tired of waiting a millennium to get summoned as a Darkmoon, so I alt+tabbed and checked out GAF. I open DaS 3 just in time to hear the loading screen but I see my character where he was. So I think nothing of it, but I go back to where I killed enemies before and they had respawned. MEANING I GOT SUMMONED AND MISSED IT DAMMIT GAF!

mulac

Absolute blast last night getting summoned for Sunbro Covenant - made it to 30 medals so that goes alongside the Aldritch Faithful as the two Covenant's achieved for the Platinum.

Was firmly planted outside Deacons boss room as "Silent Bob" so thank you if any of the 8 people i helped out were gaf'ers.

Tonight I will switch over to farming at the Farron bonfire since I know its harder to grab the Watchdogs medals online with jolly coop THEN have a go at Darkmoon.

One question with getting covenant medals; if i get summoned to help a bossfight and have (say) the Watchdogs medal equiped does that mean I get the Covenant item once the boss is defeated?

in other words, can I equip Farron medal, sit outside the Deacons bossroom with summon sign down, get summoned, beat boss, get Farron item?

Nothing yet has pulled me away from DS3...onwards to NG++ soon!

Absolute blast last night getting summoned for Sunbro Covenant - made it to 30 medals so that goes alongside the Aldritch Faithful as the two Covenant's achieved for the Platinum.

Was firmly planted outside Deacons boss room as "Silent Bob" so thank you if any of the 8 people i helped out were gaf'ers.

Tonight I will switch over to farming at the Farron bonfire since I know its harder to grab the Watchdogs medals online with jolly coop THEN have a go at Darkmoon.

One question with getting covenant medals; if i get summoned to help a bossfight and have (say) the Watchdogs medal equiped does that mean I get the Covenant item once the boss is defeated?

in other words, can I equip Farron medal, sit outside the Deacons bossroom with summon sign down, get summoned, beat boss, get Farron item?

Unfortunately no. The only covenant that rewards you with the covenant item for jolly co-operation is Sunbros(evidently, you also get a sunlight medal for jolly copervasions). If you belong to any other covenant when you help beat the boss you simply get an ember.

mulac

Unfortunately no. The only covenant that rewards you with the covenant item for jolly co-operation is Sunbros(evidently, you also get a sunlight medal for jolly copervasions). If you belong to any other covenant when you help beat the boss you simply get an ember.

Dammit. Oh well. Offline Farming we go...Thanks.

Alo0oy

Banned
After trying out a few builds for the past week, I just wanna go back to Morne's Greathammer, that weapon is so fun to use.

I hope they don't nerf it, nobody's using it anyway because of the high stat investment.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
After trying out a few builds for the past week, I just wanna go back to Morne's Greathammer, that weapon is so fun to use.

I hope they don't nerf it, nobody's using it anyway because of the high stat investment.

So lame that it has no faith scaling. Come on From...

Can you infuse/buff it at least? [edit: seems like you can't. LAME]

Robot Pants

Pretty sure you can't unfortunately.

Alo0oy

Banned
So lame that it has no faith scaling. Come on From...

Can you infuse/buff it at least?

You cannot, but believe me, that would make it very OP, it scales with strength exclusively (even the WoG weapon skill), but it's very worth it, you get an unbreakable hyper armor when you do it, and it does a lot of damage (usually the equivalent of a charged attack).

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Weird, sometimes after an invasion (not necessarily a successful one) all my durability gets fixed... without resting at a bonfire or anything.

Any idea? Not complaining, mind. xD

Dahbomb

WOW I got summoned for a Darkmoon for the first time!!!

And when I entered the invader was killed real quick and I didn't get a god damn Concord (but still got the Duty filled message).

That's bullock son!

No matter because I have the 30 concords now. Just need the rings achievement and I am done with DS3 until the DLC.

laxu

Thinking of starting a new character so I can get all the stuff that I missed. My previous one was a pyromancer and I loved that so I might go for a same setup, but thinking of starting with a different class and then moving onto pyromancy when I can. Any recommendations for a starting class?

Is it possible to get two Life Rings if you choose it as a burial gift? Can another one be bought from the handmaid or does the item just become unpurchaseable?

Mr.Ock

Hi guys. First time posting in this thread, sorry to chime in so abruptly :p

Finally finished with the Concords (I was lucky to be summoned at AL and the host got invaded by 4 guys, killed them all, so ended up with 4 concords more... nice!), now I'm only missing the shackles but since I didn't find the MM covenant item i have to go to NG+ to pick it up, right?

Also, to get the Chameleon spell do I necessarily have to fuck up Anri's quest line?

It also kind of sucks that I had my character lined up perfectly at level 120 for PVP (thanks, Silver Knights) but then I forgot that if I want to follow Anri's quest I have to level up more.. o well, guess I'll make another char for PvP

Also, to get the Chameleon spell do I necessarily have to fuck up Anri's quest line?
I got the Chameleon spell one playthrough from the dead body of the Pilgrim, and the second time from her alive after the
"marriage"
- So I'm pretty sure you can get the spell whatever happens.

Why are Concords so much rarer than the others? I got 10 human things in like 20 minutes earlier. Was getting sometimes one per run.
I don't know the actual % drop stats, but I'm not sure they are rarer than the others. Sunlight Medals and Vertebrae Shackles seemed just as rare for me to farm, if not more. The others came a bit faster, but that might be to do with farming routes.

2AdEPT

I gave up looking for P
aladin
ashes, and Si
lver cat
ring and looked it up. I'm blind as shit for missing the first, and I'm glad I looked up the second because
screw NPC questlines! :mad: I would have looked around for hours if I didn't search it

Edit: ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I got tired of waiting a millennium to get summoned as a Darkmoon, so I alt+tabbed and checked out GAF. I open DaS 3 just in time to hear the loading screen but I see my character where he was. So I think nothing of it, but I go back to where I killed enemies before and they had respawned. MEANING I GOT SUMMONED AND MISSED IT DAMMIT GAF!
back inteh good ole days I used to keep my ring for invading at iron keep or belfry on overnight...got 35 chunks one night...seems they have nerfed even that pleasure...I got summoned as a darkmoon but had NOT been moving my controller..immediately the duty fulfilled message pops up but no concord...do you think they really try to prevent this nowadays? I tried going AFK once before and got nothing.

In other news I now have darkmoon blade...I got my first and only silver knight farmed concord to get it too...all but the last were form summons....took only three days and was lucky.....but geez 30 faith! GOing to have to repsec or go with a character that is over 125. Is it better than a dark buff for damage?

back inteh good ole days I used to keep my ring for invading at iron keep or belfry on overnight...got 35 chunks one night...seems they have nerfed even that pleasure...I got summoned as a darkmoon but had NOT been moving my controller..immediately the duty fulfilled message pops up but no concord...do you think they really try to prevent this nowadays? I tried going AFK once before and got nothing.

In other news I now have darkmoon blade...I got my first and only silver knight farmed concord to get it too...all but the last were form summons....took only three days and was lucky.....but geez 30 faith! GOing to have to repsec or go with a character that is over 125. Is it better than a dark buff for damage?

I miss the times where the controller vibrated when I got summoned. That's how I knew I was summoned in DaS 2. Unless I have some setting off in the settings? My controller vibrates when I get hit and stuff, but not when I'm summoned.

Ferr986

Darkmoon Blade is exactly the same as Lightning Blade, only that it does magic damage instead of linghtning damage.

Problem is that if you use the lightning clutch ring to buff your spears you won't get any benefit for DMB, like yo dou with LB.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Darkmoon Blade is exactly the same as Lightning Blade, only that it does magic damage instead of linghtning damage.

Problem is that if you use the lightning clutch ring to buff your spears you won't get any benefit for DMB, like yo dou with LB.

Does Magic Clutch work on DMB?

Meccs

Stumbled over Oroboros videos on Youtube. Man those are hard to watch. The commentary is basically him insulting every player and nothing but "buffed to the teeth and spin combo every enemy" footage. Not sure what people like about him. Seems also heavily edited to show OP wins.
Any good narrated PvP videos besides DamnNoHtml?

Ferr986

They are? Really? So just like the ring of steel protection then?

Yep. Some people at Reddit found this:

Clutch Rings: - In PvE, 15% more elemental attack, 10% less physical absorption - In PvP, 7.5% more elemental attack, 15% less physical absorption

Ring of Steel Protection: - In PvE, 10% more physical absorption - In PvP, less than 5% physical absorption

Prisoner's Chain - In PvE, 10% less absorption - In PvP, ~15% less absorption (may be different, since it also affects flat defense)

Stumbled over Oroboros videos on Youtube. Man those are hard to watch. The commentary is basically him insulting every player and nothing but "buffed to the teeth and spin combo every enemy" footage. Not sure what people like about him. Seems also heavily edited to show OP wins.
I've not watched a ton of his videos because pvp isn't my thing since DS1, but I saw a recent Havel cosplay one and it included plenty of deaths too.

derwalde

Brandon was always about heavy min/maxing and insulting. Its fun to watch for a while but it gets annoying fast. I recommend watching Peeve or Nelson/yukaslegion!

Top Bottom