• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Funny to see enb struggling with the final boss and beating the one before that easily, it was exactly the opposite for me. I also felt that final fight was rather disappointing.

Tarkus

Stumbled over Oroboros videos on Youtube. Man those are hard to watch. The commentary is basically him insulting every player and nothing but "buffed to the teeth and spin combo every enemy" footage. Not sure what people like about him. Seems also heavily edited to show OP wins.
Any good narrated PvP videos besides DamnNoHtml?
preach.gif

Ogawa-san

I've been out of the loop for a few patches now. Are sorc/faith builds still pointless until close to NG+? All I know is that a lot of stuff cost less FP now.

Kweh

So I gave the Fire Keeper some eyes, declined her original offer of removing the fire (it seemed a bad idea), then killed her after she asked me to.

I feel like I have screwed it all up.

Meccs

How does Attack Power translate to damage? Is it damage before absorption or is it a completely different number?

Skii

So I gave the Fire Keeper some eyes, declined her original offer of removing the fire (it seemed a bad idea), then killed her after she asked me to.

I feel like I have screwed it all up.

Why would you do that? If she asked you to jump off a cliff, would you have done that too?!

I don't think that messes anything up. It just allows you to take the eyes back and she revives IIRC

Deku Tree

Trophy percentage is now at 97%. Last thing left to do is farm Concords. RIP

I need all NG+2 rings if that offer is still going...let me know when online (although i'm in Sydney so god knows timezones...)

Yeah I can hook you up if we can find a common time. Im in the EST time zone.

As the wiki sucks just making sure that putting down your red sign doesn't mess things up. Do I need to equip rosario covenant? I already have 4 tongues.

Pvp is for the most post trash but I don't mind it.

You also get a tongue while invading as an Aldritch faithful which makes the after Pontiff area a good spot for large fights.

I'm not sure which attack you refer to, but I haven't used a weapon skill in this vid. I used a left-hand poison-infused rapier to parry and apply poison situationally (I rarely bother, not really worth it in this game). Mostly for role-play reasons, the character I made is a dual wielder.

I haven't tried dual wield, but the winning combo looked a lot like a weapon skill spin attack.

I farmed my shackles in the Catacomb and I still don't understand why there's always large groups of coop players there. The boss is an easy kill one on one.

laxu

I don't know if I just got gud or is the Assassin starter class pretty damn nice. Good specs, Estoc for R1 spam and even spells. I haven't had much trouble getting all the way to Road of Sacrifices in a few hours picking everything up along the way.

Funny to see enb struggling with the final boss and beating the one before that easily, it was exactly the opposite for me. I also felt that final fight was rather disappointing.

It just shows everyone is different for all bosses. He almost beat NK on the first fight, it took me like 10 tries at least.

On the other hand, he died to Pontiff a lot and even once to Wolnir, both which I beat on the first try.

sheaaaa

Hey guys, a couple of questions I have. I'm trying out a Strength and Faith build hoping to have both melee and killer spells. So far, it hasn't worked out (just defeated
Abyss Watchers
).

The miracles are mostly healing stuff that I can't cast in time while fighting so I don't feel like Faith is a particularly useful thing to put points in. Does it get better? Any attacking miracles?

Hey guys, a couple of questions I have. I'm trying out a Strength and Faith build hoping to have both melee and killer spells. So far, it hasn't worked out (just defeated
Abyss Watchers
).

The miracles are mostly healing stuff that I can't cast in time while fighting so I don't feel like Faith is a particularly useful thing to put points in. Does it get better? Any attacking miracles?

You already missed Lightning Spear (miracle spell) above the Wolf of Farron. Go back.

Tarkus

Invade with the Red Orb or put your red sign down and duel. Win.

You don't even have to be in Rosaria's covenant.

Putting your sign down in the snow spot at Anor Londo bonfire is almost always 1v1 for me.

Sarcasm

You also get a tongue while invading as an Aldritch faithful which makes the after Pontiff area a good spot for large fights.

Worse idea ever lol. I am getting nothing but lag and gankfests.

* Screw people and no taste. I thought I was fighting the same person. It wasn't! I did this 6 times! <-- via dueling.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Oh I've used it. It's garbage compared to the DS1 Great Scythe.

So something has to be bullshit to not be garbage? And I think its probably among the top weapons in that game, which is actually saying something because there are so many good weapons in 2.

Sarcasm

So I meet all these numbers:

• 30 Proof of a Concord Kepts for Blade of the Darkmoon/Blue Sentinels
  • 30 Vertebrae Shackles for Mound-Makers
  • 10 Human Dregs for Aldritch Faithful
  • 30 Wolf's Blood Swordgrasses for Watchdog of Farron
  • 10 Pale Tongues for Rosaria's Fingers
  • 30 Sunlight Medals for Warrior of Sunlight (this one should be done either at first or last task)

Except for wolfgrass as buddy dropped the ring for me so that isn't needed.
Sirris is dead now as I killed the twins and I am also married with anris sword.

Does it matter what order I turn it in?

Deku Tree

What does it mean when the circular silver thing next to my health and stamina bar is blinking? What are all the little icons below my stamina bar? Thanks!

smoothj

This game is fucking hard god damn. Why do I keep buying souls games lol, got all of them and never beat any.

I'm in the first castle and there's some knights with shields and spears as well as some with swords. What's the best strategy against these fuckers. I end up using like 3 estus flasks against just one. I know git gud and all that. Game is fun but I lost 13k souls and almost lost my mind.

Sarcasm

Always searching but never been summoned once at SL100 lol.

RNG. Keep killing Knights...

Both of you try the alt family share trick.

This game is fucking hard god damn. Why do I keep buying souls games lol, got all of them and never beat any.

I'm in the first castle and there's some knights with shields and spears as well as some with swords. What's the best strategy against these fuckers. I end up using like 3 estus flasks against just one. I know git gud and all that. Game is fun but I lost 13k souls and almost lost my mind.

Be aggressive. Kick even and riposte. Level up some. I know you think the souls are precious but they aren't, the easier thing to grind for.

Deku Tree

neoism

Well combine that with the auto summoning being broken and it really sucks.

yeah only been summoned twice with darkmoon in 100 hours of play time. but i did like 10 or so first playthrough so i only need 15-18 of concepts...the bloodgrass will be my death i only have 1 and not sure if you need to be in the forest to get summoned there.. but i need like 26-29 really sucks.. even with the keep bonfire with those three enemies close by that drop it its gonna take awhile.

plus im crazy and its gonna bother me not getting the items for 30 items you dont need for an achievement... but i need every item in this game.. its a sickness lol

I thought the Estoc needs a nerf but all the weapons needs a balance change. Ultra/Greatswords just sucks in this game being slow, taking tons of stamina and low damage overall.

A Quality Warden Twinblade with Lightning blade was able to out dps and consume less stamina than my +5 Lorian's Greatsword.

Top Bottom