• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm standing around in Undead Settlement waiting for Blue Sentinel to kick in. It's taking ages. I get bored, try out an invasion. What do you know? Dude gets an instant Blue Sentinel back up.

Bastards.

Deku Tree

They should just get rid of "way of the blue" and let everyone get blue sentinel backup when they get invaded. Have some way to toggle it off for people who want the challenge.

Ferr986

Yes, that was it. But... why would anyone of us do this? I mean, I'm reading it works on the boss, but considering I was using a full mage char (and I sure did look like it) it basically made me almost useless during the fight.

I may well have never seen this active-Dancer, lol. She's always been a sloth in her first phase where she'll move around, swing once or twice, do her sword drag, try a grab... and by then she's already forced into Phase 2. The way she's canned into a mandatory spin at the start of it also makes it really easy to chip off another 1/3 of a her health while she's helplessly spinning into a corner of the room. If you're a mage, she's effectively dead when she starts that spin.

Ah yes, Dancer felt way easier when I did it with my pyro. It's easy to keep a distance to her and keep throwing fireballs.

Btw, I think I finished my pyro char at SL 91, atleast for now.

I wanted to cap at 80, because I dont really like staying at the meta anymore, but I couldn't do it without basically giving up on having a good Chaos scaling weapon (I felt like I still need a weapon to melee in some of the later bosses if I run out of Blue estus, like the final boss).

Arjen

They should just get rid of "way of the blue" and let everyone get blue sentinel backup when they get invaded. Have some way to toggle it off for people who want the challenge.

They need to put in a reward for people wearing the way of blue. You have absolutely no reason to put it on now, other than feeling sorry for people not getting summons.
Or they could just put the blue orb back in.
Or an arena where people could duel for concords. I'm seriously baffled how they could fuck up these covenants so bad.

Yes, that was it. But... why would anyone of us do this? I mean, I'm reading it works on the boss, but considering I was using a full mage char (and I sure did look like it) it basically made me almost useless during the fight.
You could use a weapon that scales with INT so still benefit from your stats, just not use any spells. Or buff and then use it. It's situational of course, but I've always liked these situational spells in Souls games, it's fun finding ways to use them.

Ferr986

You could use a weapon that scales with INT so still benefit from your stats, just not use any spells. Or buff and then use it. It's situational of course, but I've always liked these situational spells in Souls games, it's fun finding ways to use them.

Ah yes, I do that, as I said I have a couple of Chaos weapons for when I run out of MP. But still spells are the most damaging stuff from my char. It just surprised me, first time I saw it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah, he definitely should have taken his phantoms into account if using that strategy haha. Perhaps he was unaware that it worked on nearby players.

mulac

Was farming for around 1hr last night for the Farron Covenant...not a thing (lots of Ghru Swords though). How can this be so f***ed up? I even had the medal on which was flashing white constantly...not a single summon.

So switched over to Anor Londo to do some happy Silver Knight farming for Darkmoon - another hour...lots of Leggings and Armour sets but not a single Covenant item.

Any Aus-Gaf players who are around any night circa 10pm ish with spare medals lying around for those two (for the platinum) would be much appreciated!

Was farming for around 1hr last night for the Farron Covenant...not a thing (lots of Ghru Swords though). How can this be so f***ed up? I even had the medal on which was flashing white constantly...not a single summon.

So switched over to Anor Londo to do some happy Silver Knight farming for Darkmoon - another hour...lots of Leggings and Armour sets but not a single Covenant item.

Any Aus-Gaf players who are around any night circa 10pm ish with spare medals lying around for those two (for the platinum) would be much appreciated!

Really? Which bonfire were you using, the one near the three Ghrus? Because that trip is super short so you have more chances. Also are you wearing the Golden Serpent ring?

Covenant items can't be traded though

Deku Tree

You can't give people covenant medals.

mulac

You can't give people covenant medals.

Yeah just read that.
Oh well.

FYI i have:

Luck at 12
Silver Serpent Ring
Mimic Helmet
Crystal Sage Raper+5 (which kinda sucks)

Yes using the midway bonfire next to 3 Ghrus, just was disappointed with no drops atall in 1hr.

Yeah just read that.
Oh well.

FYI i have:

Luck at 12
Silver Serpent Ring
Mimic Helmet
Crystal Sage Raper+5 (which kinda sucks)

Yes using the midway bonfire next to 3 Ghrus, just was disappointed with no drops atall in 1hr.

Silver increases souls, gold increases item discovery

Skii

Why is there so much grinding for proof of concord kept? Isn't it a covenant item? Don't they just drop from PVP like all other covenant items? I'm so confused.

I was around SL 20 when I did those. Wolf covenant took a couple of hours, but Aldritch was so intense I ended up getting 3 extra dregs because I couldn't disable the covenant fast enough between summons.

LiK

ENB did super well against NK. i was impressed. looking forward to a non blind run where he can fully analyze shit.

German Spy isn't even halfway through his LP. i think i'm done with his LP for now until he gets to more bosses. Don't wanna see him running the same areas over and over again. So boring.

Arjen

ENB did super well against NK. i was impressed. looking forward to a non blind run where he can fully analyze shit.

German Spy isn't even halfway through his LP. i think i'm done with his LP for now until he gets to more bosses. Don't wanna see him running the same areas over and over again. So boring.

I try to watch spy every now and the but I always turn it off after five minutes. Slow and he's whining about everything.

Sarcasm

I was around SL 20 when I did those. Wolf covenant took a couple of hours, but Aldritch was so intense I ended up getting 3 extra dregs because I couldn't disable the covenant fast enough between summons.

Aldritch still is.

But the others are low level dependant or you have that glitch that pretty much doesn't work.

Shitty design to be honest, hopefully the fix and patch new things to get the covenants working for future new players.

Or fix drop rates or don't tie achievements behind it.

Nothing like being summoned as a blue, and see the host slowly dying while desperantly trying to reach to him :-(

It's worse when you appear and you have no idea where the host is. Usually there's a guiding light that point you to the right direction but sometimes I had no idea where to go.
It's usually a matter of following the ragdoll corpses but sometimes the host reloaded from an alternate bonfire and hadn't killed anything yet...

LiK

I try to watch spy every now and the but I always turn it off after five minutes. Slow and he's whining about everything.

Yea, and he's constantly trying to outsmart or overthink what the devs are trying to do is just silly. Just go with the flow.

mulac

Not a problem.

Same goes for anyone else here who needs or wants anything dropped, help with a boss or killing me thirty times for the shackles. PS4 only unfortunately though.

I'll take you up on that, need all +2 Rings - this time tomorrow though if you're around; at work now.

Lol. Did you record it? I remember one of those annoying titnite lizards in Ar
chdragon peak
tried to headbutt me, i strafed around him and he fell off the cliff

If you kick those things they roll backwards. When I discovered that it was the only way I killed them going forward. So much fun watching them fall to their deaths lol

Sarcasm

Do they know it's a problem or is it "working as intended"? There's been a few updates so you'd think they would fix it if it was broken...

Few reasons:

• Some people have to do famiyl share trick for it to work
  • Soul Level, reports of low level being better (while some get it at higher level though)
  • Most unequip way of blue after a certain point.

I think it is mainly the Way of Blue thing, bad choice to be honest.

SDR-UK

Do they know it's a problem or is it "working as intended"? There's been a few updates so you'd think they would fix it if it was broken...

They have noted in a few patch notes and regulation updates that they have worked on the summoning of Darkmoon Blades but people have still been complaining.

Honestly, the underlying issue could be that not that many people are wearing the Way of the Blue and are trying to get summoned themselves. I'd also wager that the playerbase has fallen off dramatically since launch save for those still interested in end-game stuff or challenge runs.

Top Bottom