• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

MilkBeard

That's true; I was one of those people :p They did get a nice buff though in one of the patches.

I need to explore the dex weapons more. I've not been paying attention to them at all, except for spears.

I used various Katanas and Scythes. They are definitely doable, although their damage output is a little bit lower than heavy weapons, and less staggering ability. Scythes can stagger almost as well as heavy though.

Soriku

giphy.gif

Tarkus

Spears are not as bad as some say, the auto tracking in this game is nuts. Spears profit from it.
My most successful weapon in PvP is the Partizan. The horizontal R2 slashes catch people off guard and the stamina drain is very good. Spin Sweep is the skill, which is unique in this class.

I also do well with the Lothric Knight Long Spear but I don't use as often as other weapons.

Lmao just saw the first gargolye at the Capital miss the jump on the bridge and fall to his death.
Lol. Did you record it? I remember one of those annoying titnite lizards in Ar
chdragon peak
tried to headbutt me, i strafed around him and he fell off the cliff

Meh. To hell with this level 1 run. Not having fun. I could push through Bloodborne at 4 because I loved Saw Cleaver, but I hate all these weapons with low stat requirements.

I think FROM just tried to make SL 1 runs artificially difficult. DaS 1 SL 1s were pretty easy due to how OP pyromancy was. So they made it scale off INT/FTH in DaS 2, and now in DaS 3 there's stat requirements. Doesn't help that many weapons are shit tier.

Nothing like being summoned as a blue, and see the host slowly dying while desperantly trying to reach to him :-(

Reminds me of the fog gate glitch where I can only stand outside the fog gate and see my hosts health constantly go down

HeeHo

I loved this game until the covenant grind. I just need to beat the final boss but I wanted to make sure I grabbed everything before I did. Rosaria and Mound is easy but the auto summoning not working is really killing my enjoyment. Most of my time spent is waiting now. Really lame. I wish From or Namco cared enough to adjust something way sooner. My SL is 110 and I'm not even getting Aldrich summons often enough. I need Darkmoon and Aldrich I believe.

I could grind the covenant items but, wow, is that not fun at all. Earning them via summons is way more satisfying. It doesn't help that I don't have that Mimic head piece either.

Am I really going to have to make a new character and stay within a SL range to get the covenant items? Also, does anyone know if you need to have all rings and spells on one character to unlock the trophies?

GulAtiCa

I spent a little time yesterday as a Way of Blue member using the ol' let me get invaded and hide behind the Fog Gate trick in Undead Settlement. Worked. Got 2 invaders and a Blade showed up. I then went to help that Blade out, and we won. So he got 2 Proofs at the very least.

Another Blade showed up a little bit after that too.

Really a big dickish thing to do, but kinda fun being an asshole, plus doing this to help my fellow Blades/Blues out. As farming for Proofs sucks.

I spent a little time yesterday as a Way of Blue member using the ol' let me get invaded and hide behind the Fog Gate trick. Worked. Got 2 invaders and a Blade showed up. I then went to help that Blade out, and we won. So he got 2 Proofs at the very least.

Another Blade showed up a little bit after that too.

Really a big dickish thing to do, but kinda fun being an asshole, plus doing this to help my fellow Blades/Blues out. As farming for Proofs sucks.

Elaborate? What fog gate glitch? I'ma do it in NG+ because I don't want anyone to suffer like I had to </3

GulAtiCa

Well, not really a Fog Gate glitch at all. But more of something From Software prob didn't think through 100%.

In Undead Settlement (where I did this), if you haven't triggered the Boss fight yet, you can you know run into the boss room a little (quite a lot for that 1 Boss). You are free to enter and exit as you wish, but both co-op and invaders see a fog gate and are literally stuck. They can't even see you too (Not sure if it's 100% or just like see you a tiny bit).

So you can stand inside the boss room as you keep getting invaded and watch as confused invaders have no idea where you are! Heck, if an invader comes to the fog gate, you can still hurt them. I R2 my weapon to 1 of them and knocked them over and killed them with a 2nd hit after they got up. lol

The only issue I have found, is that I think sometimes it might auto-send the invaders back as soon as they invade if you are in there. So normally I stand just before the boss room and let them come (though not see me), and then run into boss room. Then they will try to search the map for you.

neoism

despise grinding for these convenient rewards

Aldrich can suck it

aldrich is easy just dont kill the man boss after poniff i get summon non stop there.. Sl 143
i put on blue sentinels while farming concepts and got one summon but it quit out before warping me... :/ got 4 in one hour.. &#128529;

Deku Tree

Well, not really a Fog Gate glitch at all. But more of something From Software prob didn't think through 100%.

In Undead Settlement (where I did this), if you haven't triggered the Boss fight yet, you can you know run into the boss room a little (quite a lot for that 1 Boss). You are free to enter and exit as you wish, but both co-op and invaders see a fog gate and are literally stuck. They can't even see you too (Not sure if it's 100% or just like see you a tiny bit).

So you can stand inside the boss room as you keep getting invaded and watch as confused invaders have no idea where you are! Heck, if an invader comes to the fog gate, you can still hurt them. I R2 my weapon to 1 of them and knocked them over and killed them with a 2nd hit after they got up. lol

The only issue I have found, is that I think sometimes it might auto-send the invaders back as soon as they invade if you are in there. So normally I stand just before the boss room and let them come (though not see me), and then run into boss room. Then they will try to search the map for you.

Would a password make it so that the blue sentinels that you summoned were your friends?

Watching ENB fight bosses is the most frustrating thing sometimes. Phase 1 of NK its quite obvious that locking on is better than unlocked. That way you dont lose sight of the small target. The only time you should unlock is to run away or if youre underneath him.

I see why people complain so much about the camera in this phase. I say depth perception is the more difficult aspect of it. I had trouble as well but after a couple of tries it was obvious that locking on is the way to go.

Arjen

Watching ENB fight bosses is the most frustrating thing sometimes. Phase 1 of NK its quite obvious that locking on is better than unlocked. That way you dont lose sight of the small target. The only time you should unlock is to run away or if youre underneath him.

I see why people complain so much about the camera in this phase. I say depth perception is the more difficult aspect of it. I had trouble as well but after a couple of tries it was obvious that locking on is the way to go.

I couldn't play locked on in that first phase, drove me nuts.

Ferr986

I absolutely fare better with NK phase 1 unlocked :/

Fight is supposed to be fought using a combination of both; locked when he is flying to keep track and unlocked when close.

Tarkus

The camera will get you killed locked on in phase 1. It's never a good idea to lock on to large, fast moving bosses in From games.

Deku Tree

Well just got 300k souls and 2 Concords in about 45 minutes lol. I think I would need to re-spec to do it faster. My STR/DEX Dark Sword build is no good for one shoting the Knights. I have to actually spend time dueling with them a bit.

Fight is supposed to be fought using a combination of both; locked when he is flying to keep track and unlocked when close.

I absolutely fare better with NK phase 1 unlocked :/

I couldn't play locked on in that first phase, drove me nuts.

The camera will get you killed locked on in phase 1. It's never a good idea to lock on to large, fast moving bosses in From games.

If I go unlocked, because of the depth perception issues and not being set on a target, I miss way more attacks. Plus dodging the Sword slam and running to the head after the fire breath is easier with a target. Unlocked for a big boss that has weaknesses in their legs makes sense but for one with a head weak point I dont see the point. But to each their own I guess.

Kweh

The lift from
Dragonslayer Armour
to
Prince Lothric
is really annoying. It keeps going down instead of up most of the time.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Heh, I think someone did that to me the other day. I invaded in Undead Settlement, and couldn't find the host no matter where I searched, smashed pots to find a chameleon etc.

I kept getting blue spirits though. But, if the host's intent was to get others their proofs, it failed with me, because I murdered at least 5-6 blue spirits (at one point I got exactly two spawning at the same time and they spawned right on top of me, haha - killed them both anyway :p) before one of them got me. xD
If his intent was to let invaders get forked tongues, however, that certainly worked. xD

Yeah sure helps if the lock on of the dragon gives you trouble to lock on to the dude riding the big ass dragon..

It's not perfect, but with some camera aim, I lock on on the target I want most of the time. And If it "misses" you can just change it again.

It's much better than playing unlocked.

Robot Pants

Are the servers kinda funky right now? I seem to be getting a decent amount of lag when I'm killing enemies in other peoples worlds. The health bars are delayed

Meccs

Are the servers kinda funky right now? I seem to be getting a decent amount of lag when I'm killing enemies in other peoples worlds. The health bars are delayed
I only noticed that getting a parry today seems impossible, even after the second swing. Probably because of the latency.

Arjen

It's not perfect, but with some camera aim, I lock on on the target I want most of the time. And If it "misses" you can just change it again.

It's much better than playing unlocked.

Well everyone has their preference, I couldn't play locked on in that fight.

Vena

I can't be the only one who finds dancer to be... slow and dull, can I? I feel like she's just too lethargic of a boss, bleed demolishes her health and is easy to stack on her early due to her sluggishness, for most of the fight and by the time she gets "active" she's more than half dead and you can probably kill her after her canned "spin to win" goes off the first time.

J2d

I have never played a mage but I'm trying to farm vertebra shackles and its simply the worst, is there a good spell whereI can just run up to the two skeletons and one shot them? Running around with a sword and shield makes this the hardest item to farm for me.

Ferr986

I can't be the only one who finds dancer to be... slow and dull, can I? I feel like she's just too lethargic of a boss, bleed demolishes her health and is easy to stack on her early due to her sluggishness, for most of the fight and by the time she gets "active" she's more than half dead and you can probably kill her after her canned "spin to win" goes off the first time.

Dancer is weird, in the sense that sometimes she doesn't do much other than circle you doing nothing and sometimes she's nuts.

Btw, I had something weird happening to me. Was cooping A
ldrich
and during the fight I kept getting some kind of purple orb on me that didn't let me cast spells? The hell was that? That boss is literally the one that I cooped the most (with AW) and it's the first time I saw that.

SDR-UK

I have never played a mage but I'm trying to farm vertebra shackles and its simply the worst, is there a good spell whereI can just run up to the two skeletons and one shot them? Running around with a sword and shield makes this the hardest item to farm for me.

Easy way to get them and end the suffering:

Find a friend, have him summon you as a Mound Maker and kill. Repeat. What system are you on?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Dancer is weird, in the sense that sometimes she doesn't do much other than circle you doing nothing and sometimes she's nuts.

ldrich
and during the fight I kept getting some kind of purple orb on me that didn't let me cast spells? The hell was that? That boss is literally the one that I cooped the most (with AW) and it's the first time I saw that.
Must be this
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Vow+of+Silence

The lift from
Dragonslayer Armour
to
Prince Lothric
is really annoying. It keeps going down instead of up most of the time.

Well, there are two lifts; one goes up, one goes down. Always send the elevator down when you're at the top.

Vena

ldrich

I may well have never seen this active-Dancer, lol. She's always been a sloth in her first phase where she'll move around, swing once or twice, do her sword drag, try a grab... and by then she's already forced into Phase 2. The way she's canned into a mandatory spin at the start of it also makes it really easy to chip off another 1/3 of a her health while she's helplessly spinning into a corner of the room. If you're a mage, she's effectively dead when she starts that spin.

Top Bottom