• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Sarcasm

I was summoning and being summoned in londo and Sully and I have beaten that boss and a few after.

Unless you mean jolly cooperation.. I dunno.

mulac

I assume you can only fully upgrade one weapon every playthrough?

Nope. Late game you will be able to buy Slabs as much as you like and you get a few from killing enemies. Gets expensive but if you have the souls and the time you can upgrade everything.

Deku Tree

Any way to get a Titanite Slab back from my weapon? I accidentally upgraded it one step too far last night lol. Was too tired. Didn't want to use my slab yet lol.

zma1013

I'm so pissed off. Damn this obtuse game. I hit a statue and now I can't get the best ending? You gotta be fucking kidding me. (Most people know what im talking about). And I'm not one to do NG+. Almost kills all my desire to even finish the game.

Beat the game, ignore the ending, go on Youtube and watch the ending you want. No way of fixing it now.

Sarcasm

Beat the game, ignore the ending, go on Youtube and watch the ending you want. No way of fixing it now.

I don't understand what happens when you kill that statue. I see nothing about it in the endings wiki.

if it is the hollowing ending, its fixable by curing no?

On darkmoon Blades, getting one summons every hour...

The fact that players won’t match if there is a big difference between weapon levels is the dumbest shit ever. On par with soul memory in DS2.

mulac

Anyone online now for PS4 willing to share some rings?

I'm after all the +2 versions including the +3 Life Ring and Covenant rewards (Obscuring Ring, Darkmoon Rising, Wolf Rings etc).

Have completed my NG+ journey and all bosses defeated; hanging out at Anor Londo bonfire doing some farming right now...

On darkmoon Blades, getting one summons every hour...

The fact that players won’t match if there is a big difference between weapon levels is the dumbest shit ever. On par with soul memory in DS2.
atleast you get summon...

Anyone online now for PS4 willing to share some rings?

I'm after all the +2 versions including the +3 Life Ring and Covenant rewards (Obscuring Ring, Darkmoon Rising, Wolf Rings etc).

Have completed my NG+ journey and all bosses defeated; hanging out at Anor Londo bonfire doing some farming right now...
Meet me at anor londo password as ds3gaf? p.s I didnt forget :p just been busy :p

LiK

Yeah he didn't find Rosaria, he doesn't know you can respec.

Yea, and it requires Pale Tongues. He doesn't do PVP much so he can only respec with as many as he has. He usually makes multiple characters for experimentation so it's not a big deal for him.

Deku Tree

10 proofs of concord now. (got 8 to drop)

Used 100+170 coins & usual kill 3 knights with two coins so 405 knights killed for 8 Concords.... at 407 item discovery... is the drop rate higher in NG+?

Meccs

Is there a downside when I invade as a Mound Maker instead of a normal dark spirit? Most of the time it is enough to kill one summon which makes it really fun if you have a second red or Aldrich invading too. All in all I think the Aldrich zone (the one behind Pontiff) is the best to invade if you're sick of getting ganked. There are usually 1 or 2 summons besides the host but you can count on at least one Aldrich to invade too. The downside is that this zone doesn't have much enemies to help you out if you get overwhelmed.

zma1013

I don't understand what happens when you kill that statue. I see nothing about it in the endings wiki.

if it is the hollowing ending, its fixable by curing no?

The statue is an assassin that kills Anri. If you kill the assassin, Anri never dies and so you can't get the Lord of Hollows ending.

10 proofs of concord now. (got 8 to drop)

Used 100+170 coins & usual kill 3 knights with two coins so 405 knights killed for 8 Concords.... at 407 item discovery... is the drop rate higher in NG+?

I don't think it is, but I might be wrong. If you already have the +2 gold serpent ring might as well stay in whatever cycle you are in so the knights are easier to kill.

Sarcasm

Dunno about fans but the NPC and quests in this (and others) are complete crap.

Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't tie stuff to it. If it was just lore - make it even more obtuse and even more unclear.

Not require a damn wiki and NG++ or something.

Arjen

This game is fucking with me. I already did the Concords on an old character. New character, base item discovery all 3 silver knights drop a Concord when I'm just heading to the boss

Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't tie stuff to it. If it was just lore - make it even more obtuse and even more unclear.

I still feel really iffy on most of the NPC stuff, like if I'm not following a step-by-step guide I'm going to mess something up and lock myself out of a questline. I'm still not decided if this is just unfamiliarity with the game, or it is indeed even more obtuse than previous games. It's probably not that different to the previous games, it's just their questline triggers are burned into my brain.

Deku Tree

Well to be fair only severe completionists need to do all the NPC quest lines anyway. None of their loot is necessary for someone who just wants to complete the game. The fact that NPC quest lines can fail or conflict with each other is there to give people who want to a reason to play the whole game several times.

I don't care about blind runs and I always just follow a step by step guide to get the quest lines done.

Late Flag

I killed around 184 Knights and I got 5 Concords. So seven total now. 407 item discovery. RIP. FROM did you really want me to play this way?

Probably, yes. Grinding for items was definitely a thing in DeS and DS1.

Really, Bloodborne is the outlier for having a relatively straightforward platinum.

Is there a downside when I invade as a Mound Maker instead of a normal dark spirit? Most of the time it is enough to kill one summon which makes it really fun if you have a second red or Aldrich invading too. All in all I think the Aldrich zone (the one behind Pontiff) is the best to invade if you're sick of getting ganked. There are usually 1 or 2 summons besides the host but you can count on at least one Aldrich to invade too. The downside is that this zone doesn't have much enemies to help you out if you get overwhelmed.

Glad to hear this. I'm planning on invading this area when I get back to it on NG+.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I only miss NG++ rings now.
Bloodborne had the best plat just do everything the game has to offer and you get it.
DS III the worst.... and I thought that was impossible after DS II.

Concord farming doesn't come even close to farming for stuff in DS I.
Like I remember farming harpies for 1-2 hours(most comparable was getting wolfgrass in DS III for commitment) but goddamn silver knights... and it doesn't end there awful carthus skeletons and then sunlight medals. And 3 playthroughs required as well.

Urgh.... taking a break on the game for now maybe I wait until DLC hits and do it then.

That said I enjoyed the levels in DS III the most since DS I and I say this as someone that really liked Bloodborne in that regard and was all that impressed with DeS and DS II.
Like slowly making it through Cathedral of the Deep, the cool nostalgia callbacks.
Just great.

Bosses were disappointing overall(their designs were great though) even in NG+ but can't really blame the game for it after having the experience of 4 other Souls games.
It's actually my fault anyway because Souls games invoke this mentality of using everything at my disposal, doing self imposed challenges just doesn't compute with me weirdly.

But basically I should have not summoned NPC phantoms.

Alo0oy

Banned
Well to be fair only severe completionists need to do all the NPC quest lines anyway. None of their loot is necessary for someone who just wants to complete the game. The fact that NPC quest lines can fail or conflict with each other is there to give people who want to a reason to play the whole game several times.

I don't care about blind runs and I always just follow a step by step guide to get the quest lines done.

A lot of great armor is locked behind those terribly designed quests.

At this point, I always end up killing Sirris and Yuria just to get their armor, which is something I have never resorted to in previous games because the quests weren't this badly designed.

Alebrije

Is there any kind of glitch or error on the gestures trophy ??? I do not see the gesture that Yorn of London gives you when you find him, and is the only one I need for the trophy and therefore for the platinum

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any kind of glitch or error on the gestures trophy ??? I do not see the gesture that Yorn of London gives you when you find him, and is the only one I need for the trophy and therefore for the platinum

You have to talk to him/exhaust his dialogue afterwards at Firelink to get it.
It also seems to be missable if you progress too far(or it's a bug like you said not sure). I had to get it in my second playthrough despite being very meticulous about everything.

Tarkus

Question about Lothric Castle: was the flame damage from the
2 dragons
increased in a patch? When I played through at launch, I just ran across the taking damage but I made it without special equipment. Playing with a friend last night, I couldn't get 3/4 of the way without dying. I figured some damage increased because of co-op so I tried some fire gear and stoneplate ring. Still no luck and made just 3/4 of the way.

Alebrije

Question about Lothric Castle: was the flame damage from the
2 dragons
increased in a patch? When I played through at launch, I just ran across the taking damage but I made it without special equipment. Playing with a friend last night, I couldn't get 3/4 of the way without dying. I figured some damage increased because of co-op so I tried some fire gear and stoneplate ring. Still no luck and made just 3/4 of the way.

Maybe if you are on a second round of your friend difficulty increases

I know the Hawk Ring used to increase damage too (probably as a by-product of the increased shot range), but I equipped it yesterday and didn't notice any stat changes - maybe it still increases the damage as it did in DS1 but it just doesn't show on the stats when you equip it. Worth a try as well for damage-stacking.

Would anyone be able to trade Witch's Locks with me? I forgot to get it in NG and don't want to kill A
ldrich
yet, since I like getting invaded there.

If I happen to have a weapon you need, or even Symbol of Avarice, I'd be glad to drop it.

Alebrije

You have to talk to him/exhaust his dialogue afterwards at Firelink to get it.
It also seems to be missable if you progress too far(or it's a bug like you said not sure). I had to get it in my second playthrough despite being very meticulous about everything.

Thanks , will try but doubt this will help Iam on 3rd round and Yorn is dead , will try on next round and really hope is what you say otherwise Iam done

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks , will try but doubt this will help Iam on 3rd round and Yorn is dead , will try on next round and really hope is what you say otherwise Iam done

If you have a usb I recommend backing your save file to it when you start your next round.
Just to be safe. I got his gesture after recruiting him to firelink and afterwards immediately going to him and exhausting his dialogue.

Top Bottom