• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Alo0oy

Banned
They have noted in a few patch notes and regulation updates that they have worked on the summoning of Darkmoon Blades but people have still been complaining.

Honestly, the underlying issue could be that not that many people are wearing the Way of the Blue and are trying to get summoned themselves. I'd also wager that the playerbase has fallen off dramatically since launch save for those still interested in end-game stuff or challenge runs.

I think it's working as intended, I've had a blue/darkmoon summoned every time I get invaded, and that's with my level 120 characters.

Nobody using the Way of Blue is the issue, maybe if FROM started rewarding WoB members with chunks, more people would start wearing it.

Skii

Few reasons:

• Some people have to do famiyl share trick for it to work
  • Soul Level, reports of low level being better (while some get it at higher level though)
  • Most unequip way of blue after a certain point.

I think it is mainly the Way of Blue thing, bad choice to be honest.

It took them several months to fix the summoning system in Bloodborne.

They have noted in a few patch notes and regulation updates that they have worked on the summoning of Darkmoon Blades but people have still been complaining.

Honestly, the underlying issue could be that not that many people are wearing the Way of the Blue and are trying to get summoned themselves. I'd also wager that the playerbase has fallen off dramatically since launch save for those still interested in end-game stuff or challenge runs.

So the easiest way would probably be to introduce a PVP element to the covenant so members can just fight each other for the covenant items.

Minamu

Hmm, although I'm lvl 211, I'm actually seeing quite a lot of invasions at Sulyvahn. And even plenty of Darkmoons :O Maybe they did fix it after all. Haven't tried being a Darkmoon myself but this is practically the very first time I've ever seen one in 87 hours xD

Sarcasm

I turned everything I need in, will keep WoB equipped now.

Is there a way to raise INT by two points without actually investing 2 points? I need to talk to Orbeck in NG+.

neoism

Yeah just read that.
Oh well.

FYI i have:

Luck at 12
Silver Serpent Ring
Mimic Helmet
Crystal Sage Raper+5 (which kinda sucks)

Yes using the midway bonfire next to 3 Ghrus, just was disappointed with no drops atall in 1hr.
just off hand the rapier you still get the bonus

neoism

I have never played a mage but I'm trying to farm vertebra shackles and its simply the worst, is there a good spell whereI can just run up to the two skeletons and one shot them? Running around with a sword and shield makes this the hardest item to farm for me.

pvp as a mad summon.. just win unless you missed it. i did my first playthrough... their pretty easy if you like pvping alot

Deku Tree

I killed around 184 Knights and I got 5 Concords. So seven total now. 407 item discovery. RIP. FROM did you really want me to play this way?

neoism

I killed around 184 Knights and I got 5 Concords. So seven total now. 407 item discovery. RIP. FROM did you really want me to play this way?

damn man i probably only did like 25 and got 4 i swear most of the time i get a proof i dont even bother poping a coin... so i only have 307 ID....

rng ��

With the rusted coins, if I use them multiple times, does it reset the counter or does it add to the existing counter?

For example say each coin lasts 30 seconds. If I use two coins, will it still last 30 seconds or will it now last 1 minute?

I hope it's the latter, so I can just use 10 and then not have to worry for a good while

Edit: So it seems me being alttabbed earlier today paid off handsomely. I got a proof of concord and a proof of concord well kept! Considering farming silver knights takes roughly 15min before getting a single one, that's 45min save :D

neoism

With the rusted coins, if I use them multiple times, does it reset the counter or does it add to the existing counter?

For example say each coin lasts 30 seconds. If I use two coins, will it still last 30 seconds or will it now last 1 minute?

I hope it's the latter, so I can just use 10 and then not have to worry for a good while

Edit: So it seems me being alttabbed earlier today paid off handsomely. I got a proof of concord and a proof of concord well kept! Considering farming silver knights takes roughly 15min before getting a single one, that's 45min save :D

no they dont stack time and im pretty sure it lasts for one min, also no as soon as you sit back down at the bfire it resets... i know its just rng but most of the time if not every time i get a proof its without useing a coin...

2AdEPT

Stumbled over Oroboros videos on Youtube. Man those are hard to watch. The commentary is basically him insulting every player and nothing but "buffed to the teeth and spin combo every enemy" footage. Not sure what people like about him. Seems also heavily edited to show OP wins.
Any good narrated PvP videos besides DamnNoHtml?
POka doesnt always narrate, but he makes a story out of his PVP encounters and puts about a million times more effort into editing his videos than Oroboro.

neoism

so i was thinking here and planning why the fuck didnt the
Usurp
ending trigger for me in NG i had all
8 dark sigals
but once i killed the last boss it just gave me the
link the flame
option i want to do it this playthrough its the most annoying ending and ima just do the 5 free levels on ng++ and then heal it being an ugly ass undead looks dumb... i didnt spend over 4 hours in the creator character for nothing Kappa

so what did i do wrong i literally did everything the quest said... do you 100% have to summon
Yuria
for the last boss fight???..

i guess ill just do the hard copy thing and get all ending this playthrough so i dont have to worry about it in ng++
POka doesnt always narrate, but he makes a story out of his PVP encounters and puts about a million times more effort into editing his videos than Oroboro.
nice subbed lol still cant believe i dont have that sack helm yet ive kill a shit load of those little crawly thangs.. must be a rare ass drop...

no they dont stack time and im pretty sure it lasts for one min, also no as soon as you sit back down at the bfire it resets... i know its just rng but most of the time if not every time i get a proof its without useing a coin...

Yeah I found that out after I used five and the time ran out in a minute :p.
What do you mean it resets when you reset at the bonfire. Well yeah. item discovery just makes it more likely it will drop. For example my friend did full item discovery and tried to get Channlers Trident in Das 1, took him about an hour. I got it after like 30min using just Symbol of Avarice.

You know what they should do to stop ganks? Increase the defenses and health of the invading player just like bosses :p. Everytime you summon another phantom THE INVADER GROWS IN POWERRRRRRRRRRR!

2AdEPT

nice subbed lol still cant believe i dont have that sack helm yet ive kill a shit load of those little crawly thangs.. must be a rare ass drop...

I dont think any of my characters doesnt have one LOL!

So you CAN go Afk ! Why is everyone complaining? Just park yourself in Irythyl somewhere and leave your game on overnight and wake up to free concords! I guess the ethics are kinda rough if the way of the blue helper really needs your help, but so few of those kind of summons actually happened for me...most often I was the third wheel in a gank squad.

neoism

Yeah I found that out after I used five and the time ran out in a minute :p.
What do you mean it resets when you reset at the bonfire. Well yeah. item discovery just makes it more likely it will drop. For example my friend did full item discovery and tried to get Channlers Trident in Das 1, took him about an hour. I got it after like 30min using just Symbol of Avarice.

You know what they should do to stop ganks? Increase the defenses and health of the invading player just like bosses :p. Everytime you summon another phantom THE INVADER GROWS IN POWERRRRRRRRRRR!

im pretty sure if you use a coin and sit right back down at a bfire it resets the ID even if a mintue hasnt gone by.. so its like wasting it. but killing just two silver knights takes about 40-50 seconds so you good.. the third red eyed bro at the right top isnt worth fooling with.

So you CAN go Afk ! Why is everyone complaining? Just park yourself in Irythyl somewhere and leave your game on overnight and wake up to free concords! I guess the ethics are kinda rough if the way of the blue helper really needs your help, but so few of those kind of summons actually happened for me...most often I was the third wheel in a gank squad.

Well, you can. But only for a short period of time. When I did it, I kept bouncing back every 20min or so(guess it wasn't often enough :p). but I think if you're gone too long the game auto-kicks you once you load in. There's been times where a host summons a phantom and immediately they phantom returned home, as in his phantom started rising up but then disappeared before the animation was done, so definitely not a BC out kinda thing.

im pretty sure if you use a coin and sit right back down at a bfire it resets the ID even if a mintue hasnt gone by.. so its like wasting it. but killing just two silver knights takes about 40-50 seconds so you good.. the third red eyed bro at the right top isnt worth fooling with.
Nah it doesn't reset the timer, I just tried it. I had so many souls i bought the maximum amount of gold coins so I don't mind wasting a few

I'm so pissed off. Damn this obtuse game. I hit a statue and now I can't get the best ending? You gotta be fucking kidding me. (Most people know what im talking about). And I'm not one to do NG+. Almost kills all my desire to even finish the game.

Sarcasm

I'm so pissed off. Damn this obtuse game. I hit a statue and now I can't get the best ending? You gotta be fucking kidding me. (Most people know what im talking about). And I'm not one to do NG+. Almost kills all my desire to even finish the game.

Thought it was killing, not hitting..

None of mine were gank squads. I got my thirty very quick though. Was usually just host, invader and I.

Aldritch on the other hand..

Dahbomb

This whole best/worst ending thing is hella overrated in these Souls games (unless you are going for the Platinum). Neither of them make much sense and there's hardly one that is better than the other.

I mean yeah randomly hitting/killing a statue and being locked out of questlines is pretty stupid but you don't need to get too worked up about missing out on endings. There's always Youtube.

I actually accidentally killed the Pilgrim the first time thinking it was an enemy hiding among all those pilgrims. Had to wait until NG+ to complete that questline.

Unicorn

Tried playing again now that the anti-cheater patch is live (it is live, right?!) and this fucking game still has mad memory leaks. I heard the pop up tone, but couldn't even alt+tab or alt+ctrl+esc or alt+ctrl+del to get out of a black screen after dying and waiting to reload.

I guess I have to put this down again until this shit gets resolved.

Had a bit of a rough start with the game. Like, in terms of fun. I played Bloodborne and Dragon's Dogma back to back just prior to this I felt like both were more fun than DaS III to be honest.

Persona7

Banned

Sounds like you were reading a guide and didn't follow it correctly?

mulac

Where have you not beaten a boss?

You need to still have the boss available in order to summon me.

Wait what? To summon someone into an area the boss still has to be alive? I'm in NG+ and finished all bosses so just doing farming etc right now. If someone offers to join my game for NG+ ring drop etc I have to start a new journey and it will work?

Thats crazy...

Top Bottom