• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Sarcasm

Fire did the trick! Thanks! Killed all those poopheads =p

I hit SL100, dunno if I should level further. Quality build.

Memory of stats:

VIGOR: 27 (1019 HP +/-)
VIT: 18
END: 30
STR/DEX: 40.

poodpick

Fire did the trick! Thanks! Killed all those poopheads =p

I hit SL100, dunno if I should level further. Quality build.

Memory of stats:

VIGOR: 27 (1019 HP +/-)
VIT: 18
END: 30
STR/DEX: 40.

If you like dueling 120 is what most people play at. NG+ and NG++ are really easy so you won't have a problem with either if you stay at that level.

neoism

lololololololololololol
im such a stupid ass.��

i was trying for the usurpation of the fire ending on my second playthrough but apparently i did do it on NG... what i get for never checking cheevos...

FailFish

i just thought it was the regular ending because it said link the flame after i killed the boss..

its werid though i didnt summon yuria but i killed her in firelink but she only dropped her ashes and not her sword....��

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I know the Hawk Ring used to increase damage too (probably as a by-product of the increased shot range), but I equipped it yesterday and didn't notice any stat changes - maybe it still increases the damage as it did in DS1 but it just doesn't show on the stats when you equip it. Worth a try as well for damage-stacking.

Hawk Ring? I'll check it out too.

May see how well hyper mode works for bows. Morion Blade just needs to be off-hand to take effect, right?

explodet

I feel so guilty every time I kill a Blue Sentinel.
They just want to help.

Then I use the forked pale tongue and feel a tiny bit better.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yes I use Morion Blade and RTSR for cheesing big enemies from afar with the bow - the giant in irithyll Dungeon, dragons that type of enemy. Works great.

Sweet! I'm thinking a wee bit riskier myself: diving about close-range with the short/composite bow with maybe Brigand Twin Daggers for back-up. :)

I feel so guilty every time I kill a Blue Sentinel.
They just want to help.

Then I use the forked pale tongue and feel a tiny bit better.

I always do Darkmoon Loyalty and let them kill me, as long as they bow or wave. If they just run straight towards me spamming R1, they aren't leaving with a concord.

Deku Tree

Why can't I be invaded if I've beaten the boss of an area? What is FROMs reasoning for that? Seems dumb....

Why don't people do PvP in the final area?

So I'm trying to fight
Hawkwood
at the
Abyss Watchers
bonfire in order to get the last
Dragon piece
. I have the three others. I know I did not talk to him after defeating that boss because I don't have the
Farron Ring
. He's no longer in Firelink Shrine and when I talk to Andre he doesn't give me
Hawkwood's Swordgrass
. Any ideas on how I can make him reappear?

EDIT: Spoke too soon a reload did the trick.

Ferr986

All the Souls games remove invasions for an area after the boss is beaten, do they not?

Souls 2 didn't. It did let you get invaded after defeating a boss.

Also, if you didn't want to get invaded, you could just burn an effigy on the bonfire and it would block invasions for some time.

Best of both worlds, if you ask me.

Late game help please

I just gave the eyes to the fire keeper shrine and she keeps telling me to kill her as she cannot stand to see "all the evil"(I think). So should I kill her? If I do, does she respwan? I can't risk not having her there.

Thanks.

zma1013

Also, if you didn't want to get invaded, you could just burn an effigy on the bonfire and it would block invasions for some time.

Huh, I never knew that. I must have just not noticed or something.

LiK

DkS2 had a lot of gameplay improvements and it does kinda suck some of it was taken away in DkS3. I blame Miyazaki.

Deku Tree

Late game help please

I just gave the eyes to the fire keeper shrine and she keeps telling me to kill her as she cannot stand to see "all the evil"(I think). So should I kill her? If I do, does she respwan? I can't risk not having her there.

Thanks.

If you kill her she will respawn the next time you load the shrine. The only reason to kill her is to take the eyes back as she drops them when she dies. If you take the eyes back then you get the first ending.

GulAtiCa

The best improvement was
Soul Memory

I really hope you are being sarcastic....

That was the worst thing about Dark Souls 2..... Made co-op really hard, esp for some bosses. Even worse was that if you died and had 100k souls on you, and then died again before you could get it, you lost that 100k souls and that amount is still apart of the SM...

I love how they did it so people would have harder trying to make twink builds, but then introduced the Agape Ring later on which made it very easy. lol

And I say all this as someone who loved Dark Souls 2.

I really hope you are being sarcastic....

That was the worst thing about Dark Souls 2..... Made co-op really hard, esp for some bosses. Even worse was that if you died and had 100k souls on you, and then died again before you could get it, you lost that 100k souls and that amount is still apart of the SM...

I love how they did it so people would have harder trying to make twink builds, but then introduced the Agape Ring later on which made it very easy. lol

And I say all this as someone who loved Dark Souls 2.

It made co-op easier for me tbh. I think after 15 million SM you could be matched up with people that had 99 million SM. I never had a problem co-oping with bosses in DaS 2 :p.

Is it possible to drop Titanite Slab's for other people? I can imagine that could be exploited pretty bad.

Nope. None of the reinforcement items can be dropped for players :(. I tried, my friend couldn't see it.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The fact that players won’t match if there is a big difference between weapon levels is the dumbest shit ever. On par with soul memory in DS2.
What? That's actually a really sensible idea to avoid twinks.

I wish it didn't take into account weapons in your stash though. Not sure what the reasoning could be for that. If you've had a +10 weapon at some point, maybe you have some OP ring/spell too? Well, rings can be traded, so... yeah.

neoism

Why can't I be invaded if I've beaten the boss of an area? What is FROMs reasoning for that? Seems dumb....

Why don't people do PvP in the final area?

no sure if they stopped but if you mean right before the last boss they did the first few weeks... mostly ganks though was still fun....

Ferr986

What? That's actually a really sensible idea to avoid twinks.

I wish it didn't take into account weapons in your stash though. Not sure what the reasoning could be for that. If you've had a +10 weapon at some point, maybe you have some OP ring/spell too? Well, rings can be traded, so... yeah.

Rings really aren't that OP anyways. The only meaningful boost with rings is when you combine a pair of them for buffing ddamage (or more like, if you don't use those rings your magic just plain sucks).

System should recognise if you still have any +10 weapon or not, yeah. If you throw away a +10 weapon you shouldnt be flagged as having one.

Soulhouf

Been watching ENB's first time through Dark Souls. Wow. a lot has changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQBlmc7wH24&list=PLEB5522A2EDDE3BC5&index=5

OMG I miss these kind of play so much in his videos. It was more interesting to see him play cautiously, experiment with items, weapons , make beginner's mistakes and so on.
Nowadays he knows everything and doesn't bother taking the game slowly and explore any more. His DS3 blind playthrough looks actually less blind than his first DS1 run where he knew some parts of the game beforehand. The fact that he ignores some parts of the game (on purpose or not) is irritating.

LiK

OMG I miss these kind of play so much in his videos. It was more interesting to see him play cautiously, experiment with items, weapons , make beginner's mistakes and so on.
Nowadays he knows everything and doesn't bother taking the game slowly and explore any more. His DS3 blind playthrough looks actually less blind than his first DS1 run where he was knowing some parts of the game beforehand. The fact that he ignores some parts of the game (on purpose or not) is irritating.

As a Souls vet, you just become familiar with all the mechanics and encounters. I think I'm annoyed how much he was trying to outsmart the designers early in the game. He sorta went back to his older blind playstyle after 2/3 into the game. I agree that I thought it was weird how he started rushing thought certain areas and ended up forgetting where he was so quickly.

Ah OK. You can still drop 10+ weapons or 5+ boss weapons though, trade back and forth, etc..

Kinda. If their max weapon upgrade is +0 you can only drop them a +2 weapon. If their maximum upgrade is a +7 then you can drop them a +10/+5.

Which begs the question, if you have a +2 a +4 a +6 and a +7 and you drop the from the +2 - +7 could you then drop them a +10 since they now own a +7 or did they have to upgrade a weapon to +7 themselves?

GulAtiCa

Well yeah. Once you got high enough in SM, like past 15M, it was fine, since the ranges were so large. But when your starting a new character, SM sucks ass. Esp when you are like 150K

Top Bottom