• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Meccs

Invasions are significantly slower the last few days. At least on PC :/
And I'm so sick when people I invade quickly summon another red and pretend to run a fight club.

Tarkus

I used to make my DS2 builds without dropping any souls. At 40/40 and 2 million SM you were practically unstoppable.

Ferr986

I wish the coop range was like in Bloodborne (bigger). Feels so small in Dark Souls games for no reason, really. I don't know why they went back to DS1 ranges.

I feel so guilty every time I kill a Blue Sentinel.
They just want to help.

Then I use the forked pale tongue and feel a tiny bit better.

I've never gotten summoned as a blue sentinel. I figure if I can't have the proofs, neither should anyone else. They're dirty gankers anyway. Only if the host stands back will I give them a fair fight, without healing or hiding behind enemies. Otherwise I'll play as dirty as I can. If I hide behind enemies and they try to wait me out, I'll just black crystal out even though I wouldn't if the host only had whites and sunbros. I ain't giving them a chance at a Proof unless they give me a fair chance

Meccs

Nothing beats getting ganked by 3 people (that all look like phantoms) and when you finally kill one it is the host! I actually laughed out loud. Those moments are the best!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Nothing beats getting ganked by 3 people and when you finally kill one it is the host! I actually laughed out loud. Those moments are the best!
I don't know what I enjoy more, as an invader in a 3v1 (or more); taking out the phantoms one by one and be the last man standing (even better when, if finishing off the poor, panicking, desperate host, you can start tasting their fear), or killing 2 or 3 players (including the host) at once in the same attack combo. xD

Honestly I'm not even all that mad that invasions prioritize players with phantoms anymore. It just makes things more exciting and challenging. xD

I've never gotten summoned as a blue sentinel. I figure if I can't have the proofs, neither should anyone else. They're dirty gankers anyway. Only if the host stands back will I give them a fair fight, without healing or hiding behind enemies. Otherwise I'll play as dirty as I can. If I hide behind enemies and they try to wait me out, I'll just black crystal out even though I wouldn't if the host only had whites and sunbros. I ain't giving them a chance at a Proof unless they give me a fair chance

Geez, calm down.

Meanwhile I'ma do the fog gate glitch while wearing WoB to help others get proofs because I don't want anyone to have to suffer like I did.

Two types of people :p

I don't know what I enjoy more, as an invader in a 3v1 (or more); taking out the phantoms one by one and be the last man standing (even better when, if finishing off the poor, panicking, desperate host, you can start tasting their fear), or killing 2 or 3 players (including the host) at once in the same attack combo. xD

Honestly I'm not even all that mad that invasions prioritize players with phantoms anymore. It just makes things more exciting and challenging. xD

Yeah, I actually agree. It's still pretty fun

Geez, calm down.

No. Fuck the brolice D:<

Meanwhile I'ma do the fog gate glitch while wearing WoB to help others get proofs because I don't want anyone to have to suffer like I did.

Two types of people :p

I might do a playthrough where I'm always embered and fingered, and with the way of blue on. Some 2v2 action sounds pretty fun. But I refuse to be a gank enabler

Yeah, I actually agree. It's still pretty fun

No. Fuck the brolice D:<

I might do a playthrough where I'm always embered and fingered, and with the way of blue on. Some 2v2 action sounds pretty fun. But I refuse to be a gank enabler

I wasn't planning on ganking. I was gonna go into a boss room that doesn't have a fog gate until you activate the boss fight by going very far in. I'll go in a little, enough to be invaded and be safe behind a fog gate, but not enough to start the boss fight. Then just go AFK and let people invade me and have bluebros 1v1 the invader.

I wasn't planning on ganking. I was gonna go into a boss room that doesn't have a fog gate until you activate the boss fight by going very far in. I'll go in a little, enough to be invaded and be safe behind a fog gate, but not enough to start the boss fight. Then just go AFK and let people invade me and have bluebros 1v1 the invader.

That's pretty cool :)

KingKong

boy this ENB episode is something else

his second playthrough isnt going to be blind, is it? because otherwise he'll miss a lot of the same stuff, there's no way to figure out that you need to die a bunch of times to draw out your true strength to the fullest before getting to a random point or how anything with Siegwald or really most other NPCs works

Felt kind of bad for the Darkmoons in L
othric
C
astle
. I got invaded and he asked me if I could let him kill Darkmoons and I agreed.

He proceeded to wreck around 10 Darkmoons and every invader that showed up. It was fun to watch.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Felt kind of bad for the Darkmoons in L
othric
C
astle
. I got invaded and he asked me if I could let him kill Darkmoons and I agreed.

He proceeded to wreck around 10 Darkmoons and every invader that showed up. It was fun to watch.
Man, 10 denied proofs of concord kept. Those poor Darkmoons.

I approve. \m/

Arjen

Thanks to the one here who suggested an choose astora greatsword to me. That thing is so much fun, the weapon art is absolutely amazing. Took a while for my Pyro build to get going but I'm having a blast now.

tariniel

The other day I got invaded by the same red 4 times while I was trying to help Darkmoon bros get summoned. On the last one, he came into my game completely invincible. In previous times I fought him, we had long fights since we were both good at not getting hit, but this time he just runs up to me goes ham, my attacks hit him multiple times, he doesn't get stunned or lose any health, and then he just spammed r1 until I died. He must have been salty to have to turn on a hack to beat me.

I was using the Warden Twinblades stun combo off of a R1 that kills a lot of people in 1 combo. He stood there and took it without taking damage or his character moving at all, twice.

Could that have been lag? I've never seen lag like that at all except this one case though. I'm on PC.

I decided to play DaS 1 for nostalgia sake. Having a single estus heal you almost fully when you have a silver of health was fantastic. The only thing better was
Poise apparently not working as intended, since I almost died before having my stance broken while in full Havels.

Skii

Nothing like a 2 handed dex run to show how much you suck at this game. I think I just struggle without shields lol. No wonder I find Bloodborne harder than the Dark Souls series. Guess I need to git gud.

Btw, do pyromancies scale with any stat? Just finished off Vordt so I'm about to run into the pyromancy guy.

I look at it the other way. If I go through the hassle of staging a rescue by playing Way of Blue, it's not for the BS to duel. That deserves a shackle, not a proof.

If I want to see a duel, I'll summon a white and a red and go hide.

Hey all! I'm a little late to the party and am hoping to stay pretty blind so i just wanted to ask quickly if this III has anything similar to the Soul Vessel system?

Not so much that i'm worried about messing up a build, just II having it gave the NG+ far more replayability for me going in with a new build.

Arjen

Nothing like a 2 handed dex run to show how much you suck at this game. I think I just struggle without shields lol. No wonder I find Bloodborne harder than the Dark Souls series. Guess I need to git gud.

Btw, do pyromancies scale with any stat? Just finished off Vordt so I'm about to run into the pyromancy guy.

They scale with both int and faith.

Hey all! I'm a little late to the party and am hoping to stay pretty blind so i just wanted to ask quickly if this III has anything similar to the Soul Vessel system?

Not so much that i'm worried about messing up a build, just II having it gave the NG+ far more replayability for me going in with a new build.

Yep, but it's kinda hidden so it's possible to miss.

But you can find it whenever, it doesn't go away or anything!

Late Flag

So I forked over almost 500K souls to heal the dark sigil, and finally I get to see what my character looks like again. So happy that she doesn't look like a mummy any more.

Deku Tree

So I forked over almost 500K souls to heal the dark sigil, and finally I get to see what my character looks like again. So happy that she doesn't look like a mummy any more.

rip 1.2 mil souls to heal sigal... &#128528; lol at least i will never look terrible after death...

I think if you do a temporary heal at that statue then do a full heal at the handmaiden then it's a lot cheaper. Someone told me that...

Tarkus

I don't know if it was mentioned, but ENB's second to last episode of his blind first playthrough is up. Tomorrow will be the finale.

Alo0oy

Banned
O that explains why I missed it...I didn't bother to
do any questlines, blind playthrough and all, and I wanted to also try to solo all bosses, so summon questlines were out too

There are no real summon questlines, the only questline that requires summoning is Sirris, and she's the one that summons you, you don't have to summon anybody

There are no real summon questlines, the only questline that requires summoning is Sirris, and she's the one that summons you, you don't have to summon anybody

Don't you have to summon
siegward for the Yhorm fight?

Also, 30 minutes, zero concords, zero summons, lots of silver knight gear. FROMSOFT either fix summoning or give a 1000% chance of concord drops!

Sarcasm

Don't you have to summon
siegward for the Yhorm fight?

Also, 30 minutes, zero concords, zero summons, lots of silver knight gear. FROMSOFT either fix summoning or give a 1000% chance of concord drops!

No. Unless you don't figure out the gimmick.

If on PC, look up family share trick for the auto summon covenants.

Nerokis

Really? I thought you had to summon her for the
Twin Princes
fight?

Got invaded in the Archives, so I hid. Got 2 Blades of the Darkmoon! One got toasted by the Crystal Mage and the other ran away with a sliver of health. What the? The invader showed up and backstabbed me. Not impressed.

There are 3 guys you need to summon to get their gestures.

The proper bow freak is actually a great backup.

Got invaded in the Archives, so I hid. Got 2 Blades of the Darkmoon! One got toasted by the Crystal Mage and the other ran away with a sliver of health. What the? The invader showed up and backstabbed me. Not impressed.

No. He does as he pleases.

There are 3 guys you need to summon to get their gestures.

The proper bow freak is actually a great backup.

Running into Patches blindly in the cathedral is the greatest thing.

I just used a purging stone.

I've head about dubs, but quins? Damn son.

O I did that questline to the end lol. Yeah it was, didn't expect it. The questlines I sort of did were:
Thiefbro, but he only did 2/3 of this theiveryness, and trust-...ahem ubreakable patches

I don't think I've ever seen a quintuple post before.

Lol, me neither.

Top Bottom