• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

@Wreck

one thing caught my eye

When ENB read the description for Karla about mother / daughter I was thinking Yuria is the mother and Karla the daughter, but then I realised that the games are not related. They could be though.

games are related.

Tarkus

Oh I assumed he was on PC, especially since the video when he was in the Demon Ruins and he had the stuttering issues from a recent patch. I think I'm a patch or two behind so I don't know if the PS4 was effected also.
The first playthrough that we've been watching is on PC. It's the next one that he does that will be on PS4. Not sure why though now that I think about.

one thing caught my eye

When ENB read the description for Karla about mother / daughter I was thinking Yuria is the mother and Karla the daughter, but then I realised that the games are not related. They could be though.

It's hilarious how there's both not-Yuria and Yuria-in-name-only in the same game.

Late Flag

Why not fork 4500 instead for a purging stone? :S Even if you die all the time, it's still cheaper than 500k..

Fair question. I'm on NG+ at SL 120, and I don't want to level any more, at least not at this point. I've already got a shitload of crafting materials thanks to the covenant farming I did on NG, so I really don't have anything to spend souls on.

Late Flag

This horrible concord grind makes me want to stop playing omg. I played for an hour last night. I was incredibly fast and efficient at killing all three Knights. 407 item discovery. And I got zero Concords. Z E R O.

Quit screwing around with the third knight. It goes way faster if you just kill the first two. I don't know that I ever timed myself, but I was two-shotting both of those guys with Dark Fire Orb and a typical run couldn't possibly have taken more than 60 seconds.

Minamu

Umm, I just reached the Grand Archives on NG++ and there's no key outside the door :O I haven't beaten Aldritch yet and I killed the Dancer ahead of schedule if that matters? All other Lords are dead.

I need to do Demon's Souls Platinum :/ Which I am planning to do over the summer. Got Dark Souls 1 on Steam but not the trophy. I am missing Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2 platinum.

I do have Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 platinum...

edit:misspelling :p

It's hilarious how there's both not-Yuria and Yuria-in-name-only in the same game.

I don't really think Karla is all that similar to DeS Yuria. Basically, everything Karla says in the game can be interpreted as subtle innuendo. I didn't really get that vibe from DeS Yuria, but I may just not have picked up on it I guess.

Deku Tree

Ok I just got five concords in like 45 minutes of farming. Feel slightly better about it now.
This is the fastest method I have come up with for my character.
I am 40/40 STR/DEX
Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

equipment:

Holllowslayer Greatsword +5
Crystal Sage's Raiper+5 (off hand)
Symbol of Avarice

Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring (Knights never hear you)
Covetous Silver Serpent Ring (more Souls)
Hornet Ring (more critical damage for backstabs)
Covetous Gold Serpent Ring (boosts item drops)

method (only kill two knights):

Walk to the second or third step from the bonfire
Crush a Rusted Coin to get item discovery up to 407
Cast Hidden body to go invisible
One shot backstab first knight
One shot backstab second knight
Run down stairs and grab two item drops
Run back to bonfire
Repeat

It can be slightly annoying when backstab doesn't proc even though it should have...

us-iphone-1-farming-simulator-16.jpeg

:p

neoism

The first playthrough that we've been watching is on PC. It's the next one that he does that will be on PS4. Not sure why though now that I think about.

yeaa bot sure how he could stand the fps difference... im on ps4 but watch pvp and other youtube vids all the time.. on pc man i wish it was 60fps on console. FeelsBadMan, my pc is on its death bed though.

neoism

Ok I just got five concords in like 45 minutes of farming. Feel slightly better about it now.
This is the fastest method I have come up with for my character.
I am 40/40 STR/DEX
Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

equipment:

Holllowslayer Greatsword +5
Crystal Sage's Raiper+5 (off hand)
Symbol of Avarice

Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring (Knights never hear you)
Covetous Silver Serpent Ring (more Souls)
Hornet Ring (more critical damage for backstabs)
Covetous Gold Serpent Ring (boosts item drops)

method (only kill two knights):

Walk to the second or third step from the bonfire
Crush a Rusted Coin to get item discovery up to 407
Cast Hidden body to go invisible
One shot backstab first knight
One shot backstab second knight
Run down stairs and grab two item drops
Run back to bonfire
Repeat

It can be slightly annoying when backstab doesn't proc even though it should have...
yeah the best way is to skip the red eyed bro.. the two silver go down in about 40-50 seconds including running back to the bfire.

Ferr986

seems im fucked this covenant �� do you have to be in the forest with the sage or wacther bosses alive?? i just never get summoned. still need like 27 bloodgrass....

No need bosses alive to get summpned. Bosses are only required to be invaded.

Minamu

Platinum get!! :D

90+ hours, ran through most of NG++ with a video guide for the rings. The start was a bit slower because I didn't want to screw up Anri's quest for that special ending, and I had Greysel's gesture to get as well, so that was a bit scary :lol Where possible, I used the dried fingers for an additional coop partner and that was great! At lvl 211, the risk of invasions was pretty low, it turned out. I ran into some boss walls occasionally but I persevered or got some help.

Overall though, I'm not super sure what my opinion of the game is. My first thought is "forgettable". I don't think this game will linger in my mind as strongly as DeS or DS. Nor do I think I'll replay it, although I still have my Joker character for PVP. It's better than DS2 for the most part, but there's still something bland, or samey, about it. Difficult to express what I mean by that. Maybe the formula is growing a bit stale after 5 games, I know just about everything there is to know about it by now so there's very few surprises anymore. But as a modern day Castlevania, or even Metroidvania, they're still great. Chances are I'll still enjoy the formula in other games in the future. I obviously played for 90 hours, so it couldn't have been all that boring xD

Tarkus

I miss DS2's poise system so bad. I'm so tired of my attacks being broken by some little shit weapon even though I have medium armor and decent poise. It's hard to win to if you don't have a fast spammy weapon or large weapon with gobs of hyper armor. I guess parrying with a Hornet Ring also works, but still.

/endrant

Minamu

Can you elaborate?
A platinum is the same as seeing that perfect 1000 points. It gets a nice extra oomph to it all. It's not the same as having a 1000 I think, but actually seeing it. It's a different level of eye candy and reward kinda. It also contributes a lot to your rank exp, a whole other system absent in at least Xbox achievements, not sure about Steam point but they've always been kinda rotten.

For Anri's quest, I am stuck...

I spoke to her in the Church of Yorshka. I got to Anor Londo before going back to the firelink shrine to speak to her. I can't find her in the Shrine and her summon sign also isn't by Aldritch. Where is she? I'm trying to do the marriage part but she's nowhere to be found.

The Chef

What should my strength stat be for Yhorm's Great Machete?
Currently my strength is at 50. But is that overkill? Sometimes that difference between say, 40-50 is pretty minimal. Anyone have any info on this? I cant seem to find much on any wiki.

Deku Tree

What should my strength stat be for Yhorm's Great Machete?
Currently my strength is at 50. But is that overkill? Sometimes that difference between say, 40-50 is pretty minimal. Anyone have any info on this? I cant seem to find much on any wiki.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Strength

Strength's attack damage per point has a soft cap at 40, a sharper cap above 59, and a hard cap at 99.

Also boosts fire resistance.

Per point strength increase of 1.1 fire defense, 0.73 physical defenses, 0.4 all other defenses, 0.2 all resistances (initial deprived)

Robot Pants

Umm, I just reached the Grand Archives on NG++ and there's no key outside the door :O I haven't beaten Aldritch yet and I killed the Dancer ahead of schedule if that matters? All other Lords are dead.
Hmm you need three lords for that to show up. Try reloading the area. Like quit out and go back. If you search for it I'm pretty sure some other people had a problem. And they also found a fix for it. I remember seeing something about it

Edit: nm

You can do Sirris' questline after beating the game right? I've tried reloading the game and Firelink Shrine and she does not appear. I haven't offered any Pale Tongues to Rosaria either.

SDR-UK

I hope we see something DLC related at E3. I need more Souls and I want them to go completely ridiculous, even more so than Bloodborne. I really want a massive challenge.

Top Bottom