• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Risible

Did another playthrough and tried a RAW build. Only leveled END and VIT and used the raw Astora Straight sword the whole game. Easiest playthrough yet. I had so much health I didn't care about getting hit and could swing that sword for DAYS. Even PVP was easy, invaders would roll up on me and start swinging, get me down to a bit and then I would R1 like 8 million times while they wondered when it would end and why my health bar had barely moved. It was glorious.

Of course you should feel bad, it's another human being. Don't listen to the "git gud" crowd. Replying with shit like that is toxic as fuck.

I'm not saying don't ever invade, but always be aware of what you're doing and the costs associated with it.
I only enjoy or use git Gud in a haha humor way.
follow by an answering the question regarding whatever was asked.
of course I mean it in a sarcastic manner.

Sarcasm

Tried dragon rider dude three times. Learned first try, no lock on.

But yea when dragon lowers its head I can't reach it..I have no clue why. So I went after feet.

16 damage. I won't last til mid point and that is probably worse then what I am doing lol. How do you avoid the flame wall thing? I try to stay near and its left side but it will fly up and bam flame wall and I hit. Though doesn't matter as I get two shotted at 1019 HP.

I probably should respec STR build and cheese like most people I saw on YT.

So I guess I shouldn't feel bad. I didn't reply though

This is actually the first message I've gotten from someone I fought in this game even though I've done hundreds of invasions. Judging by your reply, I guess you got some nasty ones?

I invaded. He was alone and ambushed me. We fought back and forth. I won. He sent a series of nasty messages. Some more asking for a rematch. And one more calling me a pussy. I finally put him on ignore.

I was just farming my covenant items. He didn't lose any souls as we were by the bonfire. Just clueless, I guess.

Tried dragon rider dude three times. Learned first try, no lock on.

But yea when dragon lowers its head I can't reach it..I have no clue why. So I went after feet.

16 damage. I won't last til mid point and that is probably worse then what I am doing lol. How do you avoid the flame wall thing? I try to stay near and its left side but it will fly up and bam flame wall and I hit. Though doesn't matter as I get two shotted at 1019 HP.

I probably should respec STR build and cheese like most people I saw on YT.

Just don't stay below him or in front of him. If the dragon breathes while on the ground you can hit its head. Dragons are usually weak to lightning.

Did another playthrough and tried a RAW build. Only leveled END and VIT and used the raw Astora Straight sword the whole game. Easiest playthrough yet. I had so much health I didn't care about getting hit and could swing that sword for DAYS. Even PVP was easy, invaders would roll up on me and start swinging, get me down to a bit and then I would R1 like 8 million times while they wondered when it would end and why my health bar had barely moved. It was glorious.

My assassin level 20 was built along that line with the deep axe and a fire axe. I find straight physical damage doesn't always work for me.

Sarcasm

Just don't stay below him or in front of him. If the dragon breathes while on the ground you can hit its head. Dragons are usually weak to lightning.

I think I need a longer weapon. I am at a point in the game where respeccing is fine.
Sirris is dead

Choices...choices...

Of course you should feel bad, it's another human being. Don't listen to the "git gud" crowd. Replying with shit like that is toxic as fuck.

I'm not saying don't ever invade, but always be aware of what you're doing and the costs associated with it.

:( I'm not toxic </3

If he didn't want to be invaded he shoulda done offline mode, it's there for a reason :p

You know you've been farming too long when this happens

https://twitter.com/dekubleep/status/736003181243736064

Up to 25 Concords now... Lol
Try equipping the Golden Falcon Shield. I know it sounds silly, but honestly, I put that on and I got them more often. I only had Gold Serpent ring and rusted coins. So my max item discovery was only 207.

GulAtiCa

N
ameless King
boss in NG++ done! With a great summon, we destroyed him. So glad I got him over with the 1st attempt. Got that ring he was hiding behind him and now onto the last 5 or so that are left!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Of course you should feel bad, it's another human being.
...Uh? What is that supposed to mean? We should feel bad for beating another person in a video game?

...Costs?

I'm seriously confused as to what the hell you're talking about here.

Manu

First time I invaded someone in Dark Souls 2, guy was just chilling at the bonfire, probably AFK. I killed him anyway. He sent me a message on PSN. "Dude, come on, this is Dark Souls."

I was like ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Alo0oy

Banned
Anybody wants to drop me a few stuff? I need Life Ring +3, Ring of Favor +2, Silvercat Ring, and the Sunset Shield.

EDIT: And Anri's Straight Sword if possible, I don't want want to kill him/her.

Only four achievements left. Technically five, but the fifth unlocks once I get the last four.
I got pyromancy and miracles today. I like that you don't even have to go into NG+ to get em all, unless you mess up or use a soul for something else. I HATE that I have to go into NG++ for all rings fook you FROM >:[

Concord Farming...6 down, 24 to go.
How does one get summoned for Darkmoon anyway? I am SL170.

Someone has to be wearing WoB and get invaded. But not many people wear WoB because there's literally no reward from having it.

If you're on PC there's a Family Share trick.

Sarcasm

Since I am some with covenants I have WoB equipped. Helped two people so far. Pc.

I got mine with family share trick if anybody is wondering.

GulAtiCa

I used to get comments from people saying stuff like "your hot" and "nice boobs ;)" from early days of Dark Souls 2 on PS3. I tend to play as a girl usually in games. Point of reference, I'm actually a guy.. Probably didn't help that I was at the time wearing the Desert Sorceress armor set. :lol.

I've since turned off messages from randoms.

neoism

I used to get comments from people saying stuff like "your hot" and "nice boobs ;)" from early days of Dark Souls 2 on PS3. I tend to play as a girl usually in games. Point of reference, I'm actually a guy.. Probably didn't help that I was at the time wearing the Desert Sorceress armor set. :lol.

im miss armors like that... it was even better moded..

08FLDio.png

nothing beat that cat pants though,... i miss my cat pants... &#128542;

Risible

...Uh? What is that supposed to mean? We should feel bad for beating another person in a video game?

...Costs?

I'm seriously confused as to what the hell you're talking about here.

Did you even read what he posted? Someone messaged him after he successfully invaded lamenting the fact that they had been working to clear the area for an hour before he showed up, and he asked if he should feel bad about it.

When you invade you stand the chance of undoing a lot of "work" someone has done in the game. That's the "cost" I'm speaking of.

I'm not saying it's wrong to invade, as there are ways people can avoid it if they truly want to. Being callous towards someone after doing so (aka the git gud reply) is pretty lame.

Did you even read what he posted? Someone messaged him after he successfully invaded lamenting the fact that they had been working to clear the area for an hour before he showed up, and he asked if he should feel bad about it.

When you invade you stand the chance of undoing a lot of "work" someone has done in the game. That's the "cost" I'm speaking of.

I'm not saying it's wrong to invade, as there are ways people can avoid it if they truly want to. Being callous towards someone after doing so (aka the git gud reply) is pretty lame.

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IRONIC DAMMIT! D:

Yeah, desert sorceress were hawt. Especially that grab kiss they do.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Of course I read what he posted. I even replied to him.

Still have no idea what you're talking about.

Not feeling bad for playing the game as it's meant to be played isn't being callous. Sure, replying "git gud" would have been a bit lame, but so is messaging an invader who just killed you with a sob story so it's kind of asking for it. I understand if you are miffed at the "git gud" type of reply only, but you also said "of course he should feel bad" and talked about human beings and shit and like... wot xD it's just a game.

neoism

Concord Farming...6 down, 24 to go.
How does one get summoned for Darkmoon anyway? I am SL170.

luck lol i was looking up some stuff on my ipad while playing earlier and for the first time in my ng+ playthrough got summoned at pontiff, i got two proofs in that one summon i was amazed. probably because my character just stood their for like 10 mintues plus.. i guess putting your summon sign down and getting summoned mess it up.. still need like 7 proofs or so... then bloodgrass..&#128542;

So i just finished D
eacons of the
D
eep
and still don't have lightning spear, i've found two books of braille so far too. Did i miss it, or do we just get it later this time round?

Top Bottom