• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Tarkus

I hope we see something DLC related at E3. I need more Souls and I want them to go completely ridiculous, even more so than Bloodborne. I really want a massive challenge.
Yes! I want a Shadows of Yharnam-type boss with the Soul of Cinder characters.

tariniel

I finally got around to putting the OST that came with the game onto my phone and gave it a proper listen, rather than just hearing it while playing the game. What do you guys think of this OST compared to other games in the series?

Personally I find that it's not as good as Bloodborne's OST, I'm just curious what the consensus is.

There's only a couple of the tracks that I'd want to listen to again: Nameless King, Abyss Watchers and Soul of Cinder. The rest seem pretty forgettable to me.

Late Flag

You can do Sirris' questline after beating the game right? I've tried reloading the game and Firelink Shrine and she does not appear. I haven't offered any Pale Tongues to Rosaria either.

I don't believe so, no. On my first run, I killed Pontiff before I realized that I was supposed to be able to find her summon sign on the bridge. When I went back and looked for it, it never showed up, effectively blocking the remainder of that quest line.

(On a happier note, I just completed that part last night on NG+).

Ferr986

I hope we see something DLC related at E3. I need more Souls and I want them to go completely ridiculous, even more so than Bloodborne. I really want a massive challenge.

Yeah it's going to be rough waiting till Fall for DLC. I just have coop but I'm already putting too much hours on it.

I keep trying to get into the PvP but no matter how much I'm pushing me I don't feel Souls 3 PvP.

I finally got around to putting the OST that came with the game onto my phone and gave it a proper listen, rather than just hearing it while playing the game. What do you guys think of this OST compared to other games in the series?

Personally I find that it's not as good as Bloodborne's OST, I'm just curious what the consensus is.

There's only a couple of the tracks that I'd want to listen to again: Nameless King, Abyss Watchers and Soul of Cinder. The rest seem pretty forgettable to me.

Main theme? The Dancer? The Prince? I think there's a lot of awesome stuff, but I tend to like Yuka's work. It's up there with BB as best IMO.

Soulhouf

I found it more varied and deeper than DkS1&2 that's for sure.
Yuka Kitamura is a new talent at From Software and while she did awesome compositions in Bloodborne (Rom, Ebrietas and Shadow of Yharnam), they were only 3 in vanilla. DS3 is the first game where she is the main composer (she composed more than 80% of the OST). Her style is so distinctive and beautiful.

My favorite is still Bloodborne but DS3 comes in the second place.

Aldrich Faithful covenant is pretty damn fun. At SL 120 I was getting a lot of action last night, and only ran into a few lame gank squads.

Also, finally made it to the part of A
nri
's questline where you
make her your spouse
. Damn that was a fucked up scene. I felt guilty doing her like that.

On a brighter note, my pyromancer is happy because I finally got the coal that lets you do chaos infusions. I infused my Thrall Axe and I can stunlock the Silver Knights from 100-0 now. Woohoo! It does about as much damage as Carthus Flame Arc, so it saves me a spell slot. It's also pretty good for PvP with the quickstep skill; it's a fun change of pace from using the Witch's Locks. I switch between them during fights to throw people off. Now all that's left is to get the coal that lets me do dark infusions so I can have a backup weapon for those pesky fire-resistant enemies.

poodpick

Yuka Kitamura is brilliant. The Lady Maria fight was 100x better because of the music.

For DS3 my favorites are:

Menu
E3

and

The music for the last track is just chilling when you walk into the boss fog and
he slowly walks towards you.

This horrible concord grind makes me want to stop playing omg. I played for an hour last night. I was incredibly fast and efficient at killing all three Knights. 407 item discovery. And I got zero Concords. Z E R O.

Lol at people on Reddit saying they got 28 Concords in four hours and telling other people to "Git Good" when it takes them over ten hours. No way they are killing the Knights a lot faster than I am.
Try putting the gold falcon shield on your back and see if it helps. I seem to get a Concord every 10-15 min with it. Without it I went 2 hrs without a drop. I out it on and in 40min got 4. I killed em pretty fast, like three hits in a row each without them touching me.

zma1013

Bloodborne, to me so far, is like OST of the decade. It's phenomenal. Nearly every piece of it is wildly unique and memorable.

DS3 has some standouts but it's largely just "good" to me but nothing that has truly stuck we me like Bloodborne's did.

SDR-UK

Bloodborne, to me so far, is like OST of the decade. It's phenomenal. Nearly every piece of it is wildly unique and memorable.

DS3 has some standouts but it's largely just "good" to me but nothing that has truly stuck we me like Bloodborne's did.

Ludwig's theme is the best thing to come out of Bloodborne. That was an absolutely amazing boss theme.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Somehow I also missed the
summon sign
at the end of my first playthrough like ENB, I was drawn to the fire

It took 16min to get one concord at 207 item discovery with golden falcon shield on my back. IDGAF if it doesn't show an increase in item discovery stat, it seems to work lol

edit: 16min on the dot for a second one :eek:

Tarkus

If that happens use a BKG and punish them with your superior range and combo them to death.

Proceed to laugh at them.
The bad thing is, that the phantom range of the Twin Swords rolling L1 is so broken and exceeds that of many long weapons such as the BKG.

Edit: it also seems to hit 180 degrees around the wielder. It's a fucking thrust attack FROM.

Man so after a couple hours of playing i'm reminded less of Dark Souls and more of a cross between Demon's Souls and Bloodborne, not that thats necessarily a bad thing. The bonfires do seem to be way too close together though, theres been very little challenge so far because of that. Just killed the boss in the P
it of
H
ollows

EDIT: Oh and i love the ashen estus flask system, I enjoy playing Faith build characters for my first go of these games and it strikes an interesting balance of resources.

CantTrickMe

Neo Member
You could be right, but I haven't read that anywhere. Makes sense though since this is the final Souls game.

I think it was the Dark Souls 3 Wiki page that I read NG+10 was the last. I'm not positive where I read it. I'll be finishing up this run either tonight or tomorrow. I will reply back on here if anyone wants me to and verify.

SDR-UK

I think it was the Dark Souls 3 Wiki page that I read NG+10 was the last. I'm not positive where I read it. I'll be finishing up this run either tonight or tomorrow. I will reply back on here if anyone wants me to and verify.

I've been through the game 17 times, did not really notice any scaling past the usual (+7), although it could be me not paying attention and changing weapons and build spec might not give me the best base to go off either.

Tarkus

Both fextralife and Wikidot say difficulty and souls gained stops at NG+7 but I doubt very few people have the facts at this point. Please report back if you have something different.

Korosenai

I haven't played this game in I think 3-4 weeks and I have a question. Is there a pvp meta level yet, or is it still kind of being decided upon?

The bad thing is, that the phantom range of the Twin Swords rolling L1 is so broken and exceeds that of many long weapons such as the BKG.

Edit: it also seems to hit 180 degrees around the wielder. It's a fucking thrust attack FROM.

I found it so easy to parry, though. I gues if the other player is a bit smart, they'll try not to spam it, but I think is manegeable.

Dragonslayer Spear and other long spears are much more dangerous for BKG, since their fucking perfect tracking poke attacks with laughable stamina cost, exceeds the range of the BKG.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I don't really think Karla is all that similar to DeS Yuria. Basically, everything Karla says in the game can be interpreted as subtle innuendo. I didn't really get that vibe from DeS Yuria, but I may just not have picked up on it I guess.
Karla is basically a sassier version of DeS Yuria, really. They're otherwise really identical.

A platinum is the same as seeing that perfect 1000 points. It gets a nice extra oomph to it all. It's not the same as having a 1000 I think, but actually seeing it. It's a different level of eye candy and reward kinda. It also contributes a lot to your rank exp, a whole other system absent in at least Xbox achievements, not sure about Steam point but they've always been kinda rotten.
I wonder if you guys realize how insane you sound. :p

Interesting. LOL @ that phantom at the beginning, he's basically overriding most of his previous body buffs.

So most of the time, resin is just as good as magic buffs in PvP? That's pretty amusing. I guess it's best to stick to low-investment buffs (magic weapon or GMW) just to save on souls spent on resins if you PvP a lot, but if you are level 100 or so and don't care about souls, then just spend them on tons of resin. Haha.

Top Bottom