• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

luck lol i was looking up some stuff on my ipad while playing earlier and for the first time in my ng+ playthrough got summoned at pontiff, i got two proofs in that one summon i was amazed. probably because my character just stood their for like 10 mintues plus.. i guess putting your summon sign down and getting summoned mess it up.. still need like 7 proofs or so... then bloodgrass..😞

Bloodgrass is like 100x easier than proofs. The time it took me to get 30 blood grass was less time than it took to get like 5 proofs.

Risible

Of course I read what he posted. I even replied to him.

Still have no idea what you're talking about.

Not feeling bad for playing the game as it's meant to be played isn't being callous. Sure, replying "git gud" would have been a bit lame, but so is messaging an invader who just killed you with a sob story so it's kind of asking for it. I understand if you are miffed at the "git gud" type of reply only, but you also said "of course he should feel bad" and talked about human beings and shit and like... wot xD it's just a game.

I can only assume you're being purposefully dense at this point. If you honestly can't understand the human element of invasions and the feelings it might produce in some people then I guess we're gonna have to stop here and agree to disagree.

Tarkus

DS2 on the PS3 was the best for messages. You could see the players met so quickly, whereas in the PS4, it takes some time. I got so many hilarious hate messages. People are so cruel. Racists and bigots.

I stared a female character up and down with the binoculars one time. The owner was from Portugal and sent "wanna fuck" messages over and over.

I've even had people ask me for my cell phone number and ask me to contact them on whatsapp. It's a goddamn game people. Geez

mulac

I think i'm going to switch to another game for a while - hoping FROM fixes the Proof farming at least to make it easier; i simply do not have unlimited hours to sink into running back and forward.

Got 1 Concord in 45min earlier with 99 luck after respec, Sage rapier+5, Mimic head, Gold Serpent+5.

F** it. The platinum will come but theres other things to do.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I can only assume you're being purposefully dense at this point. If you honestly can't understand the human element of invasions and the feelings it might produce in some people then I guess we're gonna have to stop here and agree to disagree.
You're damn right I disagree. If your feelings are hurt by losing in a video game, it's not callous of me not to care about those.

Tarkus

I get some random messages from time to time asking for a duel. I'm guessing it's from people here or lurkers. Not a single person I've responded to has met me somewhere.

"fite me pls"
"1v1"
"u don't know shit. let's go"

I think i'm going to switch to another game for a while - hoping FROM fixes the Proof farming at least to make it easier; i simply do not have unlimited hours to sink into running back and forward.

Got 1 Concord in 45min earlier with 99 luck after respec, Sage rapier+5, Mimic head, Gold Serpent+5.

F** it. The platinum will come but theres other things to do.

put the Golden Falcon Shield on your back. I swear to GOD I ended up getting a proof every 10-15 minutes.

DS2 on the PS3 was the best for messages. You could see the players met so quickly, whereas in the PS4, it takes some time. I got so many hilarious hate messages. People are so cruel. Racists and bigots.

I stared a female character up and down with the binoculars one time. The owner was from Portugal and sent "wanna fuck" messages over and over.

I've even had people ask me for my cell phone number and ask me to contact them on whatsapp. It's a goddamn game people. Geez

When I used to play CoD: MW3 on 360, I decimated this clan. I was the archenemy for all but one of em, and I was like 36-6 or something(we lost cause terrible teammates :(. )
Anyways, she starts spamming me with voice messages, being like "Hey dark, talk to me!" "I want to hear you talk to me" with each messages getting more and more seductive. Eventually I just voice messaged her back saying "What's up" and then she stopped messaging me </3

mulac

put the Golden Falcon Shield on your back. I swear to GOD I ended up getting a proof every 10-15 minutes.

I have the Crystal Sage Rapier in my left hand and Dark Sword (main STR weapon in the right) - you mean dual wield the dark sword and have the falcon shield on back? Isnt the CSR better luck scaling?

Will try that though...

I have yet to get a hate email, lol. And is not like I didn't invaded and won a few times.

I guess is because I'm honorable and that shit most of the time. That said I always kill people on afk, this is DS son, you don't afk, quit the damn game, it autosaves for a reason!

I have the Crystal Sage Rapier in my left hand and Dark Sword (main STR weapon in the right) - you mean dual wield the dark sword and have the falcon shield on back? Isnt the CSR better luck scaling?

Will try that though...

I had 207 Item Discovery and I got one every 10 minutes, it could be RNG was heavily in my favour, but this happened with over 7 proofs :p. You don't have to have it on your back, just you do more damage if you two-hand your weapon, and I don't think that shield has 100% physical, so it's better to just dodge roll.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Just invaded The Mountain, and he had The Hound with him, haha. :D They used a seed and a darkmoon showed up so yeah, I had no chance, but that was cool.

Except, of course,
the Hound would never help his brother that way! ;)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Nooooo xD

Let's talk about something else! Like cosplays! I love those. The Mountain and the Hound were pretty awesome. Entreri vs Drizzt was my fave encounter so far. I saw Guts of course, more than once I think. I saw a phantom named "Arya" getting summoned once but sadly didn't reach her in time, host entered the boss battle before I could make it.

What else have you guys seen?

Edit: oh, I remember seeing Ygritte once too!

mulac

I saw a Mad Spirit sign at Pontiff gank area the other day with the name "Mr Majorium".
It vanished before i could summon though...

...i'm sure it would have been a wondrous emporium though.

I swear, 70% of this OT is about proof farming.... -_-

What percentage is you telling us to give up on our dreams of getting 30 proofs ;)?

Seriously though, yeh there is A LOT of proof posts

Dark Souls III |OT+3| Show me the Proofs

I like it. Did you suggest this current thread title too? I forgot who suggested it.

Dark Souls III |OT+3| The Proof is Out There

Nevermind. Sour, you're out. Mulac you win.

I saw a summon sign with the character named Dank Souls. I found it humorous because I refer to Dark Souls as Dank Souls sometimes.

Tarkus

Nooooo xD

Let's talk about something else! Like cosplays! I love those. The Mountain and the Hound were pretty awesome. Entreri vs Drizzt was my fave encounter so far. I saw Guts of course, more than once I think. I saw a phantom named "Arya" getting summoned once but sadly didn't reach her in time, host entered the boss battle before I could make it.

I've seen Guts a few times, though I'm not familiar with reference. One day I will catch up on all these anime/manga things that I'm clueless about. What's a good place to start?

My characters are all loose cosplays. I always do a Tarkus variation that at least has the name and helm. Been doing it since DS1. Had to use the Royal Swordsman Helm in DS2 because it was the closest thing to Tarkus.

I'm looking for a female sorceress to base my next character on. Any ideas?

I've seen Guts a few times, though I'm not familiar with reference. One day I will catch up on all these anime/manga things that I'm clueless about. What's a good place to start?

My characters are all loose cosplays. I always do a Tarkus variation that at least has the name and helm. Been doing it since DS1. Had to use the Royal Swordsman Helm in DS2 because it was the closest thing to Tarkus.

I'm looking for a female sorceress to base my next character on. Any ideas?

I don't think there's any good place to start really. I don't watch a lot of it, but I have watched: Attack on Titan, DBZ, Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, and that's all I can remember at 2:48 in the morning...I should sleep

no, KittenMaster came up with it. I chose it for the OT.

Ah that's probably why I thought you thought it up.

mulac

I had 207 Item Discovery and I got one every 10 minutes, it could be RNG was heavily in my favour, but this happened with over 7 proofs :p. You don't have to have it on your back, just you do more damage if you two-hand your weapon, and I don't think that shield has 100% physical, so it's better to just dodge roll.

Will try this tonight and see...give it 1hr.

Nooooo xD

Edit: oh, I remember seeing Ygritte once too!

I saw an Ornstein and Smough cosplay that made me laugh because the Smough was actually named "and Smough"

Arjen

I have a standard message I've been sending after getting salty messages about invading since DS1

Hail Lord Kaath.

Question about NG++ - is it worth to summon the White NPC Phantoms for some boss fights? I will be pretty tired with this game once I reach NG++ and just want to do the Siis quest/ find all the rings. Do not want to spend any more time that it is necessary to fight the bosses. Are the bosses easier with White NPCs in NG++? Or is their health pool boost just too much?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Question about NG++ - is it worth to summon the White NPC Phantoms for some boss fights? I will be pretty tired with this game once I reach NG++ and just want to do the Siis quest/ find all the rings. Do not want to spend any more time that it is necessary to fight the bosses. Are the bosses easier with White NPCs in NG++? Or is their health pool boost just too much?
There is nothing for you if you have already completed the associated NPC quests. Bosses just have more health and do more damage in NG++ but not too much. Phantoms are usually only good for taking aggro.

Jingo

Ive just beated
dragonslayer armour
on remote play, i feel good :)

Btw im 60 hours in the game and im not being stucked anywere, am i just to slow?

2AdEPT

just go hyper mode solo to save time.

They'll take the aggro for you since the boss AI can't really handle more than one enemy, often leaving you free to just R1 mash on them.

I don't know if it works in DS3, but I'm sure I've read that in previous games if you walked through the fog door before the phantom was summoned the boss wouldn't get the HP boost. Might be worth testing if you just want to blitz through NG++ for the achievements (assuming that's what you're doing).

Persona7

Banned
that fucking chime from the early game enemies took me 75 minutes total to obtain WITH all the item discovery items equipped. I guess I was lucky to get it the first time.

also I just watched TWO different people kill patches in the onion armor while helping people

I find the hp boss boost negligible with 1 phantom. For example, I love how Yellowfinger constantly peppers the Watcher, but that's not a difficult fight either way.

Just watched ENB's finally "Lets play DS3". Its sad to hear about Jason Lee dying :( RIP

And cant believe ENB just walked pass the Firekeeper's summon sign. Welp he prob has alot on his mind regardless.

Top Bottom