• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

neoism

one more swordgrass and I can finally level up and upgrade my weapon safely.
cmon give me another invasion.

what lvl are you the watchdog cov is broke as fuck for me.. ng+ lv143 i never get summoned.. do you have to be in farron? im on ps4

Mr.Ock

Just platinumed the game! Overall, aside from the Covenant item farming, it's been a nice way to better explore the world (by getting all the +1 and +2 rings) and to do the questlines right (for the gestures). I think it's a good trophy (even if I actually just bother to platinum souls games because I like them so much!)
On to PvP now!

Alo0oy

Banned
I made a SL65 invasions build, and all I'm invading is NG+ SL80-90, I think going 65 was a mistake, SL50 with a +6 weapon is better for invasions.

strafer

dsss333s3lyl.png

This is beast. :D

Ferr986

Ok, I don't feel like restarting the game again but still , I started my sorc with MLGS build.

Sucks that you get the weapon so late but oh well, let's see how it goes.

After this I'll more or less cover everything (I already have Quality, FTH/DEX and Pyro build).

Audioboxer

Ok, I don't feel like restarting the game again but still , I started my sorc with MLGS build.

After this I'll more or less cover everything (I already have Quality, FTH/DEX and Pyro build).

You could cheese the MLGS early.

Sword Master and Hawkwood can be made invincible for their respected boss fights leading to the MLGS.

gaugebozo

Last night I lost 1.6 million souls because I wasn't paying attention. I rarely invade with the red eye orb so I forgot you drop your souls upon dying (this doesn't happen when invading as Aldrich Faithful). I invaded twice in a row and died both times. Poof went my fortune.
Lost 2 mill. two nights ago for the same reason. Once you get to NG+, it just doesn't seem as important. You can make it up farming quickly.

I need to get back to playing my challenge (which landed me as an Int character) but once I get back to it I plan on using Crystal weapons to have an earlier Int-based option.

Ferr986

You could cheese the MLGS early.

Sword Master and Hawkwood can be made invincible for their respected boss fights leading to the MLGS.

Oh, didn't know the cheese method worked for
Oceiros
too.

I kind of wish FROM would let trade between characters. They just need to put the same restrictions like with player's trades. There's really no difference.

I need to get back to playing my challenge (which landed me as an Int character) but once I get back to it I plan on using Crystal weapons to have an earlier Int-based option.

To be fair, MLGS is just about fashion souls , and because I always do a MLGS build in Souls/BB. I'm sure there's a lot of more viable weapons for an INT. build

Audioboxer

Oh, didn't know the cheese method worked for
Oceiros
too.

I kind of wish FROM would let trade between characters. They just need to put the same restrictions like with player's trades. There's really no difference.

To be fair, MLGS is just about fashion souls , and because I always do a MLGS build in Souls/BB. I'm sure there's a lot of more viable weapons for an INT. build

All NPCs that can be summoned can be made invincible with the same method used. The Dancer/Sword Master just became popular as it opens up end game early.

Oceiros
is a bit tougher as the NPC sucks against fast movement, but a 100% block shield is your friend. Tbh as low level the two Knights guarding him are tougher. 1 hit KOs from those bastard GS's and like all enemies they have infinite stamina.

Sim

Neo Member
Would anybody mind giving me the wolf ring? I rarely get summoned for PVP so I'm resorting to farming for covenant items. The wolf ring would save me a lot of time.

Just died to Aldrich in NG+... well not to him exactly but I had ~0 health and 0 Estus and after I killed him I immediately switched my helm to the Helm of Avarice for those bonus souls... you can guess what happened then!!! As I was dying I noticed the +225 000 Souls prompt and laughed.

Ferr986

Sooo.... anyone willing to transfer me a weapon and an armor set from one character or another?

I'll give you a Chaos Blade+10 for free for the time lost.

Just wanting to know if you can defeat the final boss without going to NG+ automatically.

Stupid quesion, but my brother's been searching through the net for a while so trying to help him out.

Late Flag

what lvl are you the watchdog cov is broke as fuck for me.. ng+ lv143 i never get summoned.. do you have to be in farron? im on ps4

Do you have any problem finding summon signs at that level? I'm at SL 120 and walking around with half a million souls in NG+. I'd kind of like to level up a bit more, but I don't want to close out the possibility of co-op.

Tarkus

Thanks!

Meet you in Grand Archives bonfire via red sign. Pass GAF, need to trade with 2 characters, then Farron bonfire before AW for delivering back.

edit: ah wait, reg sign works for trade?
Yes red sign. What's the Farron bonfire called? I can't remember.

Tarkus

Good lord the Profained Greatsword is nasty. I love this thing.

Next, I'm going to try a weapon in PvP that I've never ever used:
The Dork Sword

No spam guarantee

Question for near end game?

I've killed all the lords of cinder. If I offer them all to their thrones in will I start the end of the game? Should I get any more exploring I'd like to do done now?

Manu

Question for near end game?

I've killed all the lords of cinder. If I offer them all to their thrones in will I start the end of the game? Should I get any more exploring I'd like to do done now?

The game doesn't take you directly to NG+ after the ending, so you can just continue exploring after beating it.

neoism

Do you have any problem finding summon signs at that level? I'm at SL 120 and walking around with half a million souls in NG+. I'd kind of like to level up a bit more, but I don't want to close out the possibility of co-op.

nop for pvp its amazing that 120 meta stuff is crap.. ima go to 175 maybe even 200 for ng++ plus i got constant aldrich summoning at pontiff. 120 is just too low. but yea watchdog, darkmoon, and Blues just dont work for me.. not just at this high level pretty much for the whole 115 hours ive played��
So mid-30s and +4 is good for Farron Bro-ing?

damn should have done it early game

Cooking. +4 weapon works?

I never went beyond +3.

If you think about it, the first time you set foot in the woods you can't have a +4 weapon. You are much likely to invade people who sets foot the first time in the woods and they are taking their time to explore the place that people who already went into the cathedral or further into the poison swamp.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I never went beyond +3.

If you think about it, the first time you set foot in the woods you can't have a +4 weapon. You are much likely to invade people who sets foot the first time in the woods and they are taking their time to explore the place that people who already went into the cathedral or further into the poison swamp.

That's why I asked :)

Thanks, man.

Tarkus

Why are we not dueling on the Irithyll bridge where you fight the Sulyvahn beast? So much better than Pontiff area. Fuck all that running away and dancing around in circles at Pontiff.

Why are we not dueling on the Irithyll bridge where you fight the Sulyvahn beast? So much better than Pontiff area. Fuck all that running away and dancing around in circles at Pontiff.
I remember having duels at Central Irithyll, it's a great spot to find red summon signs and the players there are better on average, in my highly-subjective experience.

Usually the duels just end up happening around the bonfire and not the bridge though, often because it's easier for invader summons to find the host that way.

Tarkus

I remember having duels at Central Irithyll, it's a great spot to find red summon signs and the players there are better on average, in my highly-subjective experience.

Usually the duels just end up happening around the bonfire and not the bridge though, often because it's easier for invader summons to find the host that way.
It's just a bunch of healing cunt Mound Makers now :(

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Maybe some like the Aldrich Faithful spicing up things a bit sometimes? lol I dunno.

I still almost never duelled. It's far more fun to invade right now. I am addicted to invading (mostly the Catacombs) and assassinating everyone I can. I should try invading Irithyll next... but I'm still having fun in the Catacombs lol, plus all my enemies are dead so retrieving a bloodstain is easy.

Some couple of recent invasions I saved, if anyone enjoys them (with dorky annotations):
Crashing a Duping Party
He Sure Showed Me (posted above)
Too Much Summoning Is Bad For You
Most Timid Gank Squad Ever?
Coming Back from a Very Bad Start

Playlist of all my assassin's recorded invasions here -- I just record the most notable/amusing ones, maybe I should do a montage or something :p

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Holy shit, I had no idea the shortcut you used at the beginning of that one even existed. Mind blown.
Haha yep you can skip a significant portion of the level here, though you'd miss on some loot, a crystal lizard, etc (useful if you do all that but die before reaching the next bonfire though).

In the "timid gank squad" video I thought they were going to use that shortcut at first... but nope. They just stood around the beginning, doing literally nothing. All this time I was all "WTF are you guys doing?". It's not like they could even fear me using the enemies to my advantage (not that it'd mean that much since they were 3), they were all dead. So I assumed they were just regular bonfire-camping gankers, but they were a fairly timid sort if so. xD

Top Bottom