• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Persona7

Banned
The blood effects on your character look HORRENDOUS, I don't understand why they were downgraded so much from Bloodborne, it looks like tar spilled on your character instead of blood, I'd rather they remove it than keep it the way it is.

Blood effects on your character? Do you mean the ash?

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Doesn't matter since it won't work ;)
From personal experience, I have no idea since the summon rate for both is the same for me..

Thanks, ID is 265 with luck booster items equipped. 20+ knights down and still not one Proof. :(

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Question about luck builds and hollow weapons; so at 99 hollowing, equipping a hollow-infused weapon gives a bonus to luck, or something, even in the off-hand? How does it work exactly? Can you get the bonus at +7 or must it be +10? Will you see the AR of your main weapon being affected or is it an invisible damage boost?

Alo0oy

Banned
Question about luck builds and hollow weapons; so at 99 hollowing, equipping a hollow-infused weapon gives a bonus to luck, or something, even in the off-hand? How does it work exactly? Can you get the bonus at +7 or must it be +10? Will you see the AR of your main weapon being affected or is it an invisible damage boost?

Hollowing caps at 15, everything actively equipped that is infused with a hollow gem gives you 5 points of luck, so if you have a hollow infused Uchi and a hollow infused Kite Shield, you get 10 points of luck.

Me versus Dr
agonslayer Armour
:(

29FFE5AE921297EAD2743F20E1397B058452E1D0

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hollowing caps at 15, everything actively equipped that is infused with a hollow gem gives you 5 points of luck, so if you have a hollow infused Uchi and a hollow infused Kite Shield, you get 10 points of luck.

That doesn't quite answer my questions... xD not all of them anyway.

- Do the weapons have to be at +10, or just infused?
- Will equipping my hollow shield increase my AR on my hollow uchi (as, say, increasing an hypothetical +5 luck ring or increasing my luck 5 times would show on the level up screen)?

Trakan

- Will equipping my hollow shield increase my AR on my hollow uchi (as, say, increasing an hypothetical +5 luck ring or increasing my luck 5 times would show on the level up screen)?

They have to be +10 and infused.

Equipping a +10 weapon in your off hand will give you the extra 5 luck which basically acts as scaling for your main weapon. It doesn't actually increase the AR in any way other than scaling. It will also show up in your luck stat on your character.

Alo0oy

Banned

- Your weapon's level is irrelevant. (EDIT: Actually your increase in luck depends on your weapon's level, but you max out at 5 luck per slot).
- a hollow shield gives you 5 points of luck, those 5 points of luck will show up in the stats screen, and it will increase your AR. Your hollow weapon from your other hand does the same.

So if your luck level is 40, a hollow shield and hollow uchi will make your luck level 50, and increase your AR accordingly (as well as resistances).

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
They have to be +10 and infused.

Equipping a +10 weapon in your off hand will give you the extra 5 luck which basically acts as scaling for your main weapon. It doesn't actually increase the AR in any way other than scaling. It will also show up in your luck stat on your character.
Okay, thanks.

- Your weapon's level is irrelevant.
This contradicts the bolded above. I think Trakan is correct. I have 99 hollowing and a +7 hollow weapon (30 luck right now) and see nothing in my stats screen.

Sarcasm

In NG+ and got to yoel dude.

How do I not screw up getting the gesture? Even though I got
married
I didn't get duel bow.

I also need that one from finger I think..

explodet

I've been PvP'in for shackles, and it's really funny how some players have no idea what to do when I cast Iron Flesh and don't flinch at any of their attacks.

Unfortunately there are players who DO know what to do. (run away!!)

squidyj

I've been PvP'in for shackles, and it's really funny how some players have no idea what to do when I cast Iron Flesh and don't flinch at any of their attacks.

Unfortunately there are players who DO know what to do. (run away!!)

I'd buff my Lucerne with lightning blade and punish you for your arrogance.

explodet

I'd buff my Lucerne with lightning blade and punish you for your arrogance.
You wouldn't be the first one!

EDIT: One more thing: would I be out of line if I just threw myself off a cliff when someone summons me for a duel and then heals? I'd rather not spend the time whittling down the host's health only to have to do it 7 more times.

I REALLY wish that with the questline of Y
uria, you could "delevel" in the sense that if you heal the dark sigil you lose the five levels gained. Like honestly, if you mess up the questline you now have to level up five more times...which sucks ass if you wanna stay in the PvP/Co-op sweet spot.

So is Darkmoon and Sentienls still broken on Ps4? I've been waiting all night in PvP areas. Pvp covenants are the only thing keeping me from platinum.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
EDIT: One more thing: would I be out of line if I just threw myself off a cliff when someone summons me for a duel and then heals? I'd rather not spend the time whittling down the host's health only to have to do it 7 more times.
I wouldn't blame you at all.

So is Darkmoon and Sentienls still broken on Ps4? I've been waiting all night in PvP areas. Pvp covenants are the only thing keeping me from platinum.

Yup. Well, when I invade I see sentinels/darkmoons fairly often.... xD But I never got summoned ever.

Maybe. After the latest patch it worked for some players, but I think the majority still have problems.

Just equip the Golden Falcon Shield, Covetous Gold Serpent Ring, Symbol of Avarice, Crystal Rapiers(I think that's what they're called?) and go ham on the Silver Knights in A
nor Londo.
Even if you don't have all that stuff I got at least one within 15 minutes using just the Gold Ring and Golden Falcon Shield. If you don't mind grinding for a while it's the most effective way since auto-summoning works about as well as poise does.

Morrigan is probably gonna kill me for suggesting farming Proofs

#yolo

You wouldn't be the first one!

Yes. You're giving that butthole souls, BC out instead :p.

2AdEPT

I just found that before with Falcon Shield it took forever for one to drop. With it I got multiple in a third of the time. Not even one instance, like every 10-16 minutes I would get one guaranteed. It does talk about good fortunate in battle as an item description so perhaps it's a reward for reading item descriptions :p?

I'm in Canada too, who are you with? Bell are thieves and constantly I will find my internet being throttled until I call and complain about my internet being at 12(when I pay for like 50). They come and make some bullshit excuse sometimes even contradicting themselves from their last visit...
Re: the shield...its possible that it is somehow magic or glitched, but very unlikely. The item discovery it gives you may not even increase the chance for concords vs. other shit. Because my character was a luck build my item discovery was high...I also carried the sword so my item discovery was around 200, which I can see is a modest amount, but not as much as with coins and headgear etc....but I still got a drop on every single kill...is this normal? I mean are silver knights a guaranteed drop of at least something? i.e. titanite shard was the most common for me.

Im not saying you are wrong, just that the algorithm probably isn't too complex, and that the range of variability possible across millions of players could easily explain why you get a whole bunch more, some poeple get a whole bunch less, and I got what appeared to be average...with average item discovery. Its just that there are some I think who use the shield and coins and headgear and STILL dont get the great drop rate that leads me to suspect that any one piece at very least was "not intended:p" to outperform the others.

Im on shaw...but all the cable companies have their faults...although shaw does have the test site where you can test your speed to ensure its going at the rate you pay for and mine usually appears to be bang on what I pay for.....thankfully I bought the extra internet speed when the price was low and now they dont offer that rate any more (I basically only pay $15 extra per month) They keep phoning trying to say that I am not using the extra speed I pay for so I should cancel my awesome rate and then be forced to pay more later when it really will be necessary to have the speed I dont use today...LOL...I just keep saying "No thanks"....and will be grandparented into a better speed at a lower cost in years to come. I basically point blank asked the guy one time why he was so persistent in trying to get me to switch to a new plan that would "save me money". His answer wasnt a straight answer but I still think he will be fired if the call was recorded because he let the cat out of the bag in colloquial but certain terms that it was becuase I would pay less now but more later, and it was really in their best interest not mine to switch to what he said.

Hey, Question....there is a lift in the high wall of lotric near the bonfire just past the dragon that has a locked door that "opens form the other side"..its not the locked door under the dragon where the mimic is, Imean a lillte further like right under the bonifre.
Is this:
A.) a missed part of the game for this character i.e. I never bothered to kill that dragon, but have completed all areas except the princes boss fight and the kiln stuff?
b.) simply a non-openable door and will be an entry point for the DLC?
c.) a door that will open up if I do a covenant or some other such sidequest thing i didnt bother doign despite clearing most of the whole rest of the game?

If I am completely stupid let me know but dont spoil it...just say a, b, or c, and give me a very light hint about what to do if its really is hard and not an obvious error.

jonjonaug

In NG+ and got to yoel dude.

How do I not screw up getting the gesture? Even though I got
married
I didn't get duel bow.

I also need that one from finger I think..

You need to summon the Pale Shade for any encounter other than the final boss. Which means you needed to summon it for the Abyss Watchers fight or the Pontiff fight, and if you're that far in the questline then that'll be impossible.

Yellowfinger can only be summoned for the Abyss Watchers fight. Her summon sign can be found near the leeches surrounding the Undead Bone Shard just outside the keep's gate, but will only show up if you've joined Rosaria's Fingers and given at least one tongue in the current playthrough AND have also defeated Yellowfinger in either of her invasions. Keep in mind that offering a tongue will cause Sirris' questline to abort, so you can't get her rewards and this gesture on the same cycle.

Re: the shield...its possible that it is somehow magic or glitched, but very unlikely. The item discovery it gives you may not even increase the chance for concords vs. other shit. Because my character was a luck build my item discovery was high...I also carried the sword so my item discovery was around 200, which I can see is a modest amount, but not as much as with coins and headgear etc....but I still got a drop on every single kill...is this normal? I mean are silver knights a guaranteed drop of at least something? i.e. titanite shard was the most common for me.

Im not saying you are wrong, just that the algorithm probably isn't too complex, and that the range of variability possible across millions of players could easily explain why you get a whole bunch more, some poeple get a whole bunch less, and I got what appeared to be average...with average item discovery. Its just that there are some I think who use the shield and coins and headgear and STILL dont get the great drop rate that leads me to suspect that any one piece at very least was "not intended:p" to outperform the others.

Im on shaw...but all the cable companies have their faults...although shaw does have the test site where you can test your speed to ensure its going at the rate you pay for and mine usually appears to be bang on what I pay for.....thankfully I bought the extra internet speed when the price was low and now they dont offer that rate any more (I basically only pay $15 extra per month) They keep phoning trying to say that I am not using the extra speed I pay for so I should cancel my awesome rate and then be forced to pay more later when it really will be necessary to have the speed I dont use today...LOL...I just keep saying "No thanks"....and will be grandparented into a better speed at a lower cost in years to come. I basically point blank asked the guy one time why he was so persistent in trying to get me to switch to a new plan that would "save me money". His answer wasnt a straight answer but I still think he will be fired if the call was recorded because he let the cat out of the bag in colloquial but certain terms that it was becuase I would pay less now but more later, and it was really in their best interest not mine to switch to what he said.

Hey, Question....there is a lift in the high wall of lotric near the bonfire just past the dragon that has a locked door that "opens form the other side"..its not the locked door under the dragon where the mimic is, Imean a lillte further like right under the bonifre.
Is this:
A.) a missed part of the game for this character i.e. I never bothered to kill that dragon, but have completed all areas except the princes boss fight and the kiln stuff?
b.) simply a non-openable door and will be an entry point for the DLC?
c.) a door that will open up if I do a covenant or some other such sidequest thing i didnt bother doign despite clearing most of the whole rest of the game?

If I am completely stupid let me know but dont spoil it...just say a, b, or c, and give me a very light hint about what to do if its really is hard and not an obvious error.

I know a higher ID doesn't necessarily mean you will get a Proof, but I think it does increase the % chance, no? Because if it just increases the chance that something will drop it'd be useless since I almost always get leggings(I find leggings to be the most common after the titnite shards, only because they're the item I have the most of). Possibly. Like I got a Symbol of Avarice without the golden ring, and then I tried to farm another and even after 6 attempt(5 undead hunter charms+killing one) with the ring on, I didn't get on.

I don't like how anti-competitive Canada is. Where I am we have two choices, because we have two choices they both are leeches and provide terrible quality service. Excellent customer service that lies through their teeth, but terrible quality internet.

If it's near two dudes, one with a giant axe than it's A, it's an obvious error, so do you still want a hint :p?

Btw, I FREAKING HATE THE BOSS CH
AMPION GUNDYR! His stupid knock-up that round-house kick is annoying.

Sarcasm

You need to summon the Pale Shade for any encounter other than the final boss. Which means you needed to summon it for the Abyss Watchers fight or the Pontiff fight, and if you're that far in the questline then that'll be impossible.

Yellowfinger can only be summoned for the Abyss Watchers fight. Her summon sign can be found near the leeches surrounding the Undead Bone Shard just outside the keep's gate, but will only show up if you've joined Rosaria's Fingers and given at least one tongue in the current playthrough AND have also defeated Yellowfinger in either of her invasions. Keep in mind that offering a tongue will cause Sirris' questline to abort, so you can't get her rewards and this gesture on the same cycle.

I understand I need to lvl up with yeol 5 times til he dies before abyss watchers or pontif right? But if I summon yellowfinger..how do I summon londor? And Cath is before abyss correct?

2AdEPT

I know a higher ID doesn't necessarily mean you will get a Proof, but I think it does increase the % chance, no? Because if it just increases the chance that something will drop it'd be useless since I almost always get leggings(I find leggings to be the most common after the titnite shards, only because they're the item I have the most of). Possibly. Like I got a Symbol of Avarice without the golden ring, and then I tried to farm another and even after 6 attempt(5 undead hunter charms+killing one) with the ring on, I didn't get on.

I don't like how anti-competitive Canada is. Where I am we have two choices, because we have two choices they both are leeches and provide terrible quality service. Excellent customer service that lies through their teeth, but terrible quality internet.

If it's near two dudes, one with a giant axe than it's A, it's an obvious error, so do you still want a hint :p?

Btw, I FREAKING HATE THE BOSS CH
AMPION GUNDYR! His stupid knock-up that round-house kick is annoying.

Re: hint.if its in the round structure directly underneath the bonfire that faces the flame breathing dragon, then yes I screwed up. I cant seem to see where it comes from to go to the other side to open it from the proper direction ..did I miss a lift in lotric castle or the garden that leads back to the high wall? You can say yes or no. Unless I screwed up and it isnt a directional door but rather opens with a key I acquired? I found the shortcut to the bosses.

edit: mystery solved...I just loaded up my advanced character and it opened with the chamber lift key...recall talking to Hawkwood about the darkwraith but didn't realize I must have gotten the key from him ...if not ok, the jig is up where did I get that key from? Also Im sure i got the red eye orb direct from hawkwood one time as he gave me the cracked ones first then the full orb I thought...am I on crack?

Like actual PvP or doing the farming? If it's the latter, I'm pretty sure a majority of people here agree.

Both. Gave up on Darkmoon because fuck 1/30 chance to drop. Fuck the PvP, because all I have met are gank squads while doing Rosaria/Aldrich. A part of me is glad this might be the last game, if they can't get simple matchmaking right after 4 attempts.

Both. Gave up on Darkmoon because fuck 1/30 chance to drop. Fuck the PvP, because all I have met are gank squads while doing Rosaria/Aldrich. A part of me is glad this might be the last game, if they can't get simple matchmaking right after 4 attempts.

The Concords are a horrible drop rate for sure. However, if you're on PC there's a family share trick you can do that apparently helps with the auto-summoning. There's a massive feeling of relief when you finally get the 30 concords though. As for PvP invasions signs generally land you with 1v1 or fight clubs, so try that for Rosaria. Aldrich just wait for back up since I think two Aldrich get summoned.

Re: hint.if its in the round structure directly underneath the bonfire that faces the flame breathing dragon, then yes I screwed up. I cant seem to see where it comes from to go to the other side to open it from the proper direction ..did I miss a lift in lotric castle or the garden that leads back to the high wall? You can say yes or no. Unless I screwed up and it isnt a directional door but rather opens with a key I acquired? I found the shortcut to the bosses.

There's like two dogs near it too right? If so, then no to your questions. If there aren't dogs, post a screenshot or something because it's probably not the one I'm thinking of.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
2Adept you get the key from Ringfinger Leonard if you talk to him at the start of the game so he gives you a few cracked red eyes and then talk to him again after you invade a player.
No, the blood.
It's ash. That's why it looks like tar. It's not meant to look like blood, Ashen One.

jonjonaug

I understand I need to lvl up with yeol 5 times til he dies before abyss watchers or pontif right? But if I summon yellowfinger..how do I summon londor? And Cath is before abyss correct?

You only need the gesture. Summon one, black crystal them out, then summon the other. Or just summon Londor for Pontiff.

EDIT: And yes, if you're going for Yellowfinger's gesture you need to go to the Cathedral before killing the Abyss Watchers, but this is a good idea in general since I'm pretty sure you can break Anri's questline by doing the Catacombs before the Cathedral.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Oh my. Killing a ganksquad (actual ganksquad who just stuck around the beginning of the Catacombs, not progressing the level) of 3 phantoms and finally the host before he can summon more reinforcements is a glorious thing.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Finally got around to making this, feels like I fought Vordt ages ago by now!~

tumblr_o7xkzuZGoS1qed0geo1_1280.jpg

Audioboxer

Don't ember and/or wear a ring of sacrifice?

I very rarely die twice to PVE deaths so I don't bother. The ember trick is a good one though.

However I'm not used to getting invaded a lot in that area so in my mind it was just pop an ember to get back to full health and a quick sprint for my souls. I have lots of embers from sunbroing.

Last night I lost 1.6 million souls because I wasn't paying attention. I rarely invade with the red eye orb so I forgot you drop your souls upon dying (this doesn't happen when invading as Aldrich Faithful). I invaded twice in a row and died both times. Poof went my fortune.

1.6m.... DAMN.

Last night I lost 1.6 million souls because I wasn't paying attention. I rarely invade with the red eye orb so I forgot you drop your souls upon dying (this doesn't happen when invading as Aldrich Faithful). I invaded twice in a row and died both times. Poof went my fortune.

I would quit playing and trade in the game if that happened to me.

Is there any reason to cure the hollowing that happens for getting the 5 free levels? It costs lots of souls to do and doesn't seem to affect anything other than your looks. I don't care what I look like.

Sarcasm

You made that? It looks amazing. Also makes Vordt look more menacing than be really is lol.

O noice. But I feel like I'd be cheating if I did multiple endings in the same play through. I think 135 should keep me in lots of PvP and coop right?

SL135? I dunno I am 105. I just didn't want to be in NG+ when DLC comes out.

Top Bottom