• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Ferr986

The MLGS is actually better than I expected.

... or maybe is that sorceries just do shit damage at low level lol I'm just playing my sorc as a melee right now. The L2 poke is gud.

Anyone mind helping me with the Anor Londo boss on Ps4? Beware I'm somewhat low level.

sure, I'll do, if PS4. Tell me the pass

You have way more speed in DS3 too, I can always get a free hit on DS3. (And remember that invaders DOSN'T have estus)

Healing takes longer in DS2 (not just the animation but the actual bar recovery) so you can still punish and even kill your opponent. In DS3 is instant, even if you hit him mid animation the heal goes through.

Mist

Banned
I just finished the game.
Is it somehow possible to get Yuria's Ashes after doing the Usurp the Fire ending?
Because now I can't get any of her items anymore.

The MLGS is actually better than I expected.

... or maybe is that sorceries just do shit damage at low level lol I'm just playing my sorc as a melee right now. The L2 poke is gud.

sure, I'll do, if PS4. Tell me the pass

Awesome password is qaz

Btw. sorceries do about 300+ at lvl 20 with some good ring management.

Ferr986

Awesome password is qaz

Btw. sorceries do about 300+ at lvl 20 with some good ring management.

omw!

got the ring, but I do the same damage with a MLGS swing right now. I guess its good for ranged combat, but pyro was better at lower levels.

Prepare for trolls.

Fuck, I'm just going to invade in the Catacombs as well

lol tell me about it. That guy stood still waiting for me to drop shit. Thanks god I asked here who where you lol

omw!

got the ring, but I do the same damage with a MLGS swing right now. I guess its good for ranged combat, but pyro was better at lower levels.

lol tell me about it. That guy stood still waiting for me to drop shit. Thanks god I asked here who where you lol

Wow died to those stupid magic ball things, but it still counted. Thanks a bunch!

poodpick

I got healing bastards, the "running back to start of level to summon your friends again" bastards, the ganking bastards, etc...

Basically the same bastards that were on DS2 are on DS3.

I can't tell you how satisfying it was to kill a host and his friend that he summoned 3 times in
Central Irithyll
. That means I had to run out 15 estus for the host and 21 (for the 3 summons) of his friend while having no estus and relying on a sun princess ring + blessed caestus. Host literally ran back to the first bonfire everytime I killed his host and he couldn't 2v1 me.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I got healing bastards, the "running back to start of level to summon your friends again" bastards, the ganking bastards, etc...

Basically the same bastards that were on DS2 are on DS3.
Heh.
I don't mind people running back to get their friend again -- if I'm playing with my friend and he dies I'll do the same and vice-versa. But I'll at least still fight the invader if they pursue me, ya know? Not spam rolls and running around like a headless chicken and turtling like a pansy while waiting for the summon. It's just so sad to watch. They'd have a far better chance of killing me if they just bothered... attacking.

And of course we don't just stick around the bonfire and stand there frozen in terror every time an invader comes. If we play together and are invaded, we'll still advance into the level. If they use the enemies to their advantage, we'll try to take them out quickly or maybe retreat just a little bit to lure the mobs separately if necessary. You know, playing smart without being a poor sot that's pissing their pants. :D

I'll do everything to survive, myself, if I'm questing, but I still have some dignity left. I'd rather die by having done my best at fighting off an invader, than run and hide while I let my phantom(s) do all the work (and possibly still die anyway).

And don't get me started on those that pull the plug. Now those are the silliest ones.

I just don't get it. They make for good fodder as mockery videos, though, I guess? Gonna add them to my "Death to cowards" playlist. :D

Fuck, I'm just going to invade in the Catacombs as well
Do it. It still hasn't gotten old for me. I'm at like 200 pale tongues by now...

Tarkus

Heh.
I don't mind people running back to get their friend again -- if I'm playing with my friend and he dies I'll do the same and vice-versa. But I'll at least still fight the invader if they pursue me, ya know? Not spam rolls and running around like a headless chicken and turtling like a pansy while waiting for the summon. It's just so sad to watch. They'd have a far better chance of killing me if they just bothered... attacking.

And of course we don't just stick around the bonfire and stand there frozen in terror every time an invader comes. If we play together and are invaded, we'll still advance into the level. If they use the enemies to their advantage, we'll try to take them out quickly or maybe retreat just a little bit to lure the mobs separately if necessary. You know, playing smart without being a poor sot that's pissing their pants. :D

I'll do everything to survive, myself, if I'm questing, but I still have some dignity left. I'd rather die by having done my best at fighting off an invader, than run and hide while I let my phantom(s) do all the work (and possibly still die anyway).

And don't get me started on those that pull the plug. Now those are the silliest ones.

I just don't get it. They make for good fodder as mockery videos, though, I guess? Gonna add them to my "Death to cowards" playlist. :D

Do it. It still hasn't gotten old for me. I'm at like 200 pale tongues by now...
It's fun but it sucks that the host can do the fog walk trick at Wolnir. I did kill 6 of his phantoms that he summoned. My co-invader ran away. I hope he was fighting blue sentinels.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It's fun but it sucks that the host can do the fog walk trick at Wolnir. I did kill 6 of his phantoms that he summoned. My co-invader ran away. I hope he was fighting blue sentinels.
Ah yeah that does get annoying. I typically yell "Hey!" at them if they hide behind the fog. Sometimes they feel guilty (?) and come back and fight me, sometimes not.

So lately I've been invading closer to the start of the level than the second half, but then I get people who retreat the beginning (like in many of the videos I posted earlier). It's okay. I still murder most of them. :D

Namikaze1

Fuck you, K
ing of Storms
/ N
ameless King

I can't remember how many attempts it has been. All I know it's been a lot.
Only managed to get to the second phase once.

I ain't giving up. Must beat this fucker for Lothrius. His sacrifice will not be forgotten. My fellow Sunbro went in hard. Survived longer than the other folks I summoned. He ended up dying before the
sole second phase began
. ;__;

Deku Tree

Fuck you, K
ing of Storms
/ N
ameless King

I can't remember how many attempts it has been. All I know it's been a lot.
Only managed to get to the second phase once.

I ain't giving up. Must beat this fucker for Lothrius. His sacrifice will not be forgotten. My fellow Sunbro went in hard. Survived longer than the other folks I summoned. He ended up dying before the
sole second phase began
. ;__;

Summon two Nami?

Namikaze1

Summon two Nami?
I tried. So many "Unable to summon phantom" messages. As soon as a summon sign pops up, I quickly go to summon phantom. I was so far able to summon just 6 for that fight. I would wait for 5 minutes before saying screw it and heading in alone.

First boss since like the second or third boss i faced in my run that made me summon other players. It's been so long since I had a decent challenge.

Deku Tree

The BB system for summoning is generally better than the DS3 system. But it would be even better if in BB you had some way to know whether or not anyone was available to be summoned. The mark on the floor helps a lot.

Namikaze1

Sorry, Lothrius, but I'll avenge you another day. I spent five hours on this jerk and pet. Back to farming Proof of Concord Kept and Pale Tongues I go.

88 hours later on my platinum character and it is done...

itisdone6os8q.png

It means nothing, but it feels sooooo complete :)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm at 140 hours. 90 hours of PvP. Am I sick?

Never platinum'd a game.
I'm the same. Why spend hours on boring shite like trophy hunting when I could be having fun actually playing the game instead? I only have three plats (DeS, BB and Salt and Sanctuary) and I wasn't even trying for them, they just happened eventually by playing a lot.

squidyj

I think I platinum'd bloodborne because I had beaten the game a couple times and I looked through the trophy list and I was like "oh, there's only a little bit for me to do here, sure, why not?"

Szadek

The only 2 games I ever platinum'd are Bloodborne and FF13-3.
In both cases I got most of the achievements just by playing these game without paying them any attention.
Even then, I only did it because the last few achievements were super easy anyway.

I'm at 140 hours. 90 hours of PvP. Am I sick?

Never platinum'd a game.
I think I'm about the same in total hours since my first playthrough character was about 57 or 58 hours I think, so 88+57 is 145. I guess that seems like a lot for PvE only if you're a PvP nut, but even since DS2 turned me off PvP I've been happy playing offline only with Souls games. It's weird since I spent hundreds of hours pvp-ing in DS1, I just felt 'over it' after DS2 and haven't felt the desire to get back in to it with either BB or DS3.

mulac

Platinum Achieved!

Loved every second of this one which can sit proudly as my 4th ever Plat next to Ni No Kuni, Volume and Bloodborne.
Both glad and sad that its over because now I can finally move onto other games (till the DLC comes out and I start a new character build specifically). However I will never experience Dark Souls 3 again for the first time.

The most time-consuming was definitely the Concord Farming but it wasnt so bad in the end; overall took just shy of 5 hours over two days running back and forward at Anor Londo. I used a combination of the Falcon Shield +10 and Crystal Sage Rapier +5 as you can see in photos below.

Few choice videos and some photos re. stats/falcon shield proof that it works etc here:

Pics
AXuGBkRm.jpg

u0aBxO7m.jpg

gEXYQ31m.jpg

m2L4hu0m.jpg

jf1XTLKm.jpg

fMqL1SOm.jpg

lWPqiIgm.jpg

Videos
Getting ready to Farm Concords
Achieving the 30th Concord!!
Beating Cursed Tree for the Platinum

Thank you to all the advice and help on here - this community is awesome - going to dip into the PVP side at some point and still need to play my PC version coop with my brother who has never played a FROM Software game before...but going to use the time now to wade through the ton of other games on the list...or start Scholar which I never played.

If anyone wants any help for Rings or Shackle farming hit me up if you see me online PSN @ themulac.

Tarkus

I want to see how he farms concords and the mound maker one.

Gank Squad Assemble. Can't wait to see the Pontiff farming episode with endless Fightclub summons.
It sounds like post-commentary since you can't hear the loud ass button presses the he typically exhibits.

Nevermind: it's raining here, but I think I hear the button presses. The PS4 controller is much quieter than the xbox one controller after all.

Kalentan

Is there any better way to grind the Mound Makers faction? Getting summoned into a game only for the host + allies and invaders to just team up on me isn't very fun...

Tarkus

Is there any better way to grind the Mound Makers faction? Getting summoned into a game only for the host + allies and invaders to just team up on me isn't very fun...
I got all the shackles in one night by using the red sign soapstone AR the High Wall if Lothric and The Pontiff bonfire.

Sarcasm

Using the password system, have a friend summon you via the red soap sign. Then kill, rinse and repeat.

Or lay your red soap sign down after Pontiff.

Gbraga

I'm getting close to the end, I think. :C

So, so good.

Blew my mind that
Path of the Dragon is actually similar to the position of the corpse you find the Ring of the Sun's Firstborn in Dark Souls.

So fucking goooooooood.

Had to succumb and upgrade my vigor for that boss, though >_<

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Sometimes I'm taking hits and still try to parry (with offhand dagger, not a shield), but of course I just continue taking hits and get my parry interrupted. Yet I sometimes get parried by an offhand weapon mid-combo. What gives?

Tarkus

Sometimes I'm taking hits and still try to parry (with offhand dagger, not a shield), but of course I just continue taking hits and get my parry interrupted. Yet I sometimes get parried by an offhand weapon mid-combo. What gives?
I'm not sure. If you would like to experiment, I'm up for it.

Is the Dark Sword really that good? I've heard it's pretty powerful, and I'm thinking of getting it.

Rocking a quality build- should I do it?

Top Bottom