• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
These are fun to watch but the annotations are little bit cringe-worthy.

Haha the NPC phantoms just sitting there...priceless.

Ferr986

totally makes sense for what he is. heh, hardest boss for you magic users XD

Feels like its turned too high IMO. Even against the Old demon as pyro I was doing more damage,

Trying to do the Anri fight and I just can't (80 x MLGS swing, 150 for GHSA). Anri just don't last enough lol

Gonna have to level the Raw astora sword or pyro just for this fight.

"Fire works well!", Arisen Champion of Ash

(Seriously, I used pyros on my mage against him, even as a pure int build they did good damage)

Yes, maybe I should do that. This boss was absolutely hilarious with my pyro lol

Took me 3 minutes to get from the Dancer bonfire to Dragonslayer Armor fog door and I opened all shortcuts.

Then it took me 4 minutes to get from Dragonslayer bonfire to the Trio Gangsquad. After I killed them I opened the Princes shortcut.

Wow. The level are really "small" in retrospective once you know the routes. Small but of flawless design.

Also I am pretty close (10 levels needed) to having 50 STR, 40 VIT, 40 VIG, 40 END :) I *will* turtle the fuck out of Nameless King :D

LiK

Took me 3 minutes to get from the Dancer bonfire to Dragonslayer Armor fog door and I opened all shortcuts.

Then it took me 4 minutes to get from Dragonslayer bonfire to the Trio Gangsquad.

Wow. The level are really "small" in retrospective once you know the routes. Small but of flawless design.

Also I am pretty close to having 50 STR, 40 VIT, 40 VIG, 40 END :) I *will* turtle the fuck out of Nameless King :D

When I was rushing through in NG+ and NG++, you can bypass so many areas, it was ridiculous. They really don't make you look for many keys or fight many mandatory bosses to get to the next areas.

kewlmyc

Finally finished the game last night.
Nameless King
was an absolute nightmare to fight. Spent like an hour on him (stupid camera angles on the first part). Probably would of had a harder time if not for having a bleed build. Carthus Rouge + Hollow Warden Twinblades seems a little overpowered. Bleed seemed to work on most bosses in the game.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Finally finished the game last night.
Nameless King
was an absolute nightmare to fight. Spent like an hour on him (stupid camera angles on the first part). Probably would of had a harder time if not for having a bleed build. Carthus Rouge + Hollow Warden Twinblades seems a little overpowered. Bleed seemed to work on most bosses in the game.

Yea that build is crazy town. Though when you do run into a boss that doesn't bleed (dragonslayer armor for example) it sucks real bad.

KHlover

Banned
Wohoo, finally able to roll normally with full Smough gear. Took me Ring of Favor, Havel's Ring and Prisoner's Chain to get there, but oh well.

Takashi

These Darkmoon item drops are just atrocious. Nearly a week I've been farming this crap on and off in short bursts during my free time, and after starting with 6 ears, I'm barely at 21. While farming I've been summoned only 4 times. Worse still, 3 of those times I joined right as the invader was killed, so while it did show the duty was fulfilled, I wasn't even awarded the ears.

I knew covenant farming would suck, but the ears seem to be the worst. The swordgrass didn't seem nearly as bad, even after accounting for the enemies being next to the bonfire. The dregs were dropping decently also, and surprisingly I was actually getting summoned quite often for Aldrich while farming. Tbh it might've been even faster if I had unequipped the emblem and strictly farmed, but I'd rather spend a little more time getting the covenant items trying to have fun online than mindlessly killing enemies.

Sorry for the rant, I've just been ready to beat the game and move on to NG+, but this farming is ridiculous.

Wohoo, finally able to roll normally with full Smough gear. Took me Ring of Favor, Havel's Ring and Prisoner's Chain to get there, but oh well.

Be careful, prisoner's chain lowers your damage absorption quite a bit.

These Darkmoon item drops are just atrocious. Nearly a week I've been farming this crap on and off in short bursts during my free time, and after starting with 6 ears, I'm barely at 21. While farming I've been summoned only 4 times. Worse still, 3 of those times I joined right as the invader was killed, so while it did show the duty was fulfilled, I wasn't even awarded the ears.

I knew covenant farming would suck, but the ears seem to be the worst. The swordgrass didn't seem nearly as bad, even after accounting for the enemies being next to the bonfire. The dregs were dropping decently also, and surprisingly I was actually getting summoned quite often for Aldrich while farming. Tbh it might've been even faster if I had unequipped the emblem and strictly farmed, but I'd rather spend a little more time getting the covenant items trying to have fun online than mindlessly killing enemies.

Sorry for the rant, I've just been ready to beat the game and move on to NG+, but this farming is ridiculous.

Use Golden Falcon Shield

squidyj

Okay time to try a faithish build. If someone has time to help me transfer a truckload of items to a new character I'd be grateful.

Alastor

I'm running in circles after the cathedral boss.
I cleared the swamps and opened the giant door by extinguishing three flames, but that only opened the shortcut?
Where I'm supposed to o go now?

Some vague directions would be appreciated.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I cleared the swamps and opened the giant door by extinguishing three flames, but that only opened the shortcut?

the door that the torches opened was not a shortcut

KHlover

Banned

Go through the door you just opened :p

Mistel

Banned
I'm assuming this secretly boosts luck/item discovery? Sorry if dumb question.
It is believed to raise item discovery but it is currently inconclusive if it does or not, Sourshoes is looking for data on it if you do use it so you may be of some help to their cause.

I'm assuming this secretly boosts luck/item discovery? Sorry if dumb question.

I believe it does. When I was farming Proofs it would take me over 45min to get one to drop. I equipped Golden Falcon Shield(because the item description said something about good fortune). I ended up getting a Proof within 16minutes everytime. I shared it on here to see if others have similar experiences, and some have. One even got it at an average of six and a half minutes. I should mention, my ID was 157-207 depending if I remembered to use the rusted coin or not.
sorry, slipped my mind, PC. If someone could help me transfer on PC That'd be helpful

If you still need help transferring I can help.

Takashi

It is believed to raise item discovery but it is currently inconclusive if it does or not, Sourshoes is looking for data on it if you do use it so you may be of some help to their cause.

Cool, I'll give it a shot when I do some more farming later tonight and see how it compares to what I've been doing so far.

I believe it does. When I was farming Proofs it would take me over 45min to get one to drop. I equipped Golden Falcon Shield(because the item description said something about good fortune). I ended up getting a Proof within 16minutes everytime. I shared it on here to see if others have similar experiences, and some have. One even got it at an average of six and a half minutes. I should mention, my ID was 157-207 depending if I remembered to use the rusted coin or not.

Luckily I remember some stats I was keeping in my head when I first started farming for the proofs. I would divide up my farming runs into groups of 20 (40 knights). At 307 discovery I would average 1 proof every 20 runs/40 knights. But I stopped keeping track of it after a while though, and I know there were plenty of runs where I got no proof at all during a group of 20, so the average is probably even less than that.

Does anyone on PS4 have an extra Symbol of Avarice they'd be able to give to me? I'm currently unable to get one for this cycle and really want to get some farming done before moving into my next new game and its slow going without one!

EDIT: Welp i see my other post mentioning this is still on this page, i really thought this thread was moving faster. Should have double checked, sorry.

EDIT 2: Got one <3.

squidyj

If you still need help transferring I can help.

I had to go get dinner ready, if you're still available I do still need the help, thank you.

Tarkus

Golden Falcon Shield

A metal shield fashioned in the form of a falcon with wings outstretched.

The golden falcon was the emblem of an ancient band of sellswords, and even to this day, many mercenaries remain who look upon it as a token of good fortune.

Reaching?

The Dark Souls 2 plat was really fun to get, but with how grindy 3 is with the poorly designed covenants, it just gets really dull. This game really needs an equivalent of Chancellor Wellager to buy the covenant items from.

Mistel

Banned
Does anyone on PS4 have an extra Symbol of Avarice they'd be able to give to me? I'm currently unable to get one for this cycle and really want to get some farming done before moving into my next new game and its slow going without one!

EDIT: Welp i see my other post mentioning this is still on this page, i really thought this thread was moving faster. Should have double checked, sorry.
There is rumours of saving and reloading at each of the mimic site sometimes forcing it to spawn for some people..
Golden Falcon Shield

A metal shield fashioned in the form of a falcon with wings outstretched.

The golden falcon was the emblem of an ancient band of sellswords, and even to this day, many mercenaries remain who look upon it as a token of good fortune.

Reaching?
Item descriptions did take a bit of a turn for the more abstract as unlike the Watchdragon Parma in 2 which pretty much states it out right for this one the Golden Eagle Shield could just be referring to the Falconers themselves?

Does leveling up the Crystal Sage's Rapier increase its item discovery bonus?

There is rumours of saving and reloading at each of the mimic site sometimes forcing it to spawn for some people..

I did try, multiple times at each location. Spend hours doing it last night. Thanks for the heads up though.

Robot Pants

holy CRAP

I just came upon music that was found in the files of the game, possibly for use as DLC, and my dear everloving god..... These are some of the best songs in all three games. If these are in the DLC then im extra pumped

Varna

This is a fairly minor point, but anyone else just roll their eyes at the ending(s)? Or story in general? Dark Souls 2 already explained the endless cycle (and much better too) so this game just feels super redundant.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
There's a difference between a weapon art and a typical buff so you can't buff the Dark Sword in the same way at all.

What's the difference in terms of functionality? It cost FP, it strengthens the weapon in the same way, no difference at all.

Maybe the stat requirement, but stuff like Carthrus Flame Arc requires very minimal stat investment, so it's not really a deal at all.

Also, in terms of PVP, the buffs are more often than not are not as potent as advertised in the game menu (as is the effect of the defensive rings)--and some can even be severely reduced--so in more cases it's more important to see the raw attack damage instead.

Mistel

Banned
What's the difference in terms of functionality? It cost FP, it strengthens the weapon in the same way, no difference at all.

Maybe the stat requirement, but stuff like Carthrus Flame Arc requires very minimal stat investment, so it's not really a deal at all.

Also, in terms of PVP, the buffs are more often than not are not as potent as advertised in the game menu (as is the effect of the defensive rings)--and some can even be severely reduced--so in more cases it's more important to see the raw attack damage instead.
Oath of Sunlight is entirely different from a typical elemental buff as it is not an elemental/aux buff it's a physical AR gain of 11.5% so it has not elemental damage reduction at all so oath increased damage gives it the highest AR of the straight sword class whilst under its influence. Any elemental buff suffers from split damage so of course its going to be lower damage with regards to defenses unlike Oath of Sunlight. This is even ignoring the other benefits the SSS weapon art has with the damage reduction which in conjunction with the physical AR buff of 11.5% are worth the investment into FTH.

How fast can one get the four scrolls to give to Orbeck?

while you can sequence break into lothric castle, you can't get one scroll until you kill at least the
deacons of the deep, watchers and wolnir since logan's scroll is all the way into the profaned capital

Sarcasm

Giving a pale tongue doesn't upset Yuri/yoel whoever that chick is after drawing your strength five times?

I need two gestures..one requires giving a pale tongue -.- while other needs good standing with draw five strengths chick NPC.

Top Bottom