• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Hmm, I can give it a shot. What level range are we talking about here?

I agree. How about: both players bow, then each have 1 free buff, and then any other buff are at your own risks.

100-120 was my intention.

Not sure how hard would be to accomoadate such range, I guess depends of the host level?

I saw interest on a GAF Fight Club some days ago, so I decided..."Why the hell not try to get running at least one?"

So here I am, trying to get some of you to have some friendly duels and have fun at the same time.

Here are some basic rules I thought off:

- No healing (obviously)

- Buffs allowed

- No dark sword

- No bitching, we probably are a varied group of individuals that are spread around the globe, lag is gonna be a thing, we should try to have fun and just that.

- No tournament, just people dueling each other in some kind of king-of-the-hill thingy: two players fight, winner keeps fighting until he loses, rinse and repeat. We need a host, and he probably wants fun, so he can join if he wants, I think we should rotate hosts so everyone can have some fun regularly.

Place would be after Pointiff bonfire, since it has a nice set up where public can easily watch the matches.

I set up a spreadsheet to list all participants, alongside timezones and PSN ID's and all. Intention is to set it for PS4, but if enough players from other platforms are listed I don't see why not we could have separate events.

Day would be this: Saturday, time would depend of timezone, we should rty to adequate the best possible time of the day for the most people.

Any opinion or suggestion would be welcome.

Quote to see the spreadsheet link:

I'd love to test out my sorcerer in PvP against you guys. I put my info in the spreadsheet.

Mistel

Banned
It took me 2 hours to get one. I really like it! It looks nice and it does 469 AR on my 40 /40 build(**at +9). It has the Bastard Sword/Twin Princes moveset, which I prefer over the Claymore's in this game. The bleed could work, but I think you'd need a quick, high bleed low damage weapon to set it up.

I'm glad this weapon doesn't thrust. The greatsword class' thrusts just don't work for me now in duels. Oddly, the UGS class thrust seems to make contact about 5x more often for me. Probably because of wonky hit boxes and lag :p

And it just doesn't make sense that a weapon like the Flamberge, which weighs 8.5 units, is heavier than the Astora Greatsword at 8 units.
I think that the Astora Ultra has sort of usurped the Claymore although Astora Ultra is a bit weaker the length and the charge make up for that somewhat plus the overall lightness. You could use the Warden Twinblades but they're more likely to proc bleed due to their speed than a Flambegre ever would be unless its on a bleed build where the extra length would give you a lot more viability in pvp and a chance to proc it.

Since we are playing with password I don't think you need to level up that much, if you don't want, unless is really underleveled.

I'm at SL100, but I'm running around with 1.2M souls so I'll just try to get close to 120. I'll probably just pump the extra levels into VIG, so I don't get two shot by any UGS users that show up.

Ferr986

I'll try to join if I can!

Btw, I think buff should be totally allowed. Some people depend on them for doing melee damage. And they can be punished anyways (talking about spell buffs)

kaos.

Why is ENB's character on his new playthrough named Bait? Is this some manga reference or something?

From the episode one description:

Born in the slums of Gariland, "Bait" came from an unremarkable, if poor, background, but she studied hard and put herself through med school to become a chemist. Her goal in life was to administer potions and phoenix downs to the wounded.

In order to pay off her student loans, however, she had to take some work from the Gariland Soldier Office. Sadly for her, she was recruited by a psychopath named Ramza, who paid her with money gained by pawning off the clothes of his schoolmates.

From the beginning, she knew he would be trouble. Before the office master could even tell Ramza her name, he looked her dead in the eye and said "you're Bait now."

In other words, i think that he used to play Final Fantasy Tactics using a female chemist as a bait for the enemies.

Is there a spreadsheet or guide on the best soul/weapon levels for jolly coop in certain areas?

I have an idea where I'd make some alt Sunbro characters and have them camped out at my favorite locations in the game, so in the future I will be able to hop in and fight P
ontiff
, D
ragonslayer
, T
win
P
rinces
, and S
oul
of C
inder
anytime as a yellow phantom.

Is there a spreadsheet or guide on the best soul/weapon levels for jolly coop in certain areas?

I have an idea where I'd make some alt Sunbro characters and have them camped out at my favorite locations in the game, so in the future I will be able to hop in and fight P
ontiff
, D
ragonslayer
, T
win
P
rinces
, and S
oul
of C
inder
anytime as a yellow phantom.

As a SL 135 with a +5 boss weapon I have no trouble getting summoned at any of those places. D
ragonslayer
I didn't try much, but the others takes like 2min tops.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Hey can someone help me and drop me a life ring +3? I fucked up trading it away and I don't want to do another run >_< . PM me for PSN name.
Edit: Nvm the guy I traded with gave it back wohoo!

Szadek

So, I was wondering, how different soullevel 1 runs from playing the game normally( not just for this game, but all games in the series)?
Obviously it's a lot harder and you can only use a hanful of weapons, but what else is different?

The thing is, Sl1 runs never looked very compelling to me, since it seems like it's your just doing the same things you always did, but for a longer time and it's even more unforgiving.

Sarcasm

Screw LONDO! I ran to second bonfire - yay!

Second part is the same as in NG. I barely did it in NG, NG+ is proving to be a nightmare. Yet bosses are easy pie! (Well NK NG was tough can't imagine in NG+).

Not learning anything besides the fact that repeating the same actions sometimes yields different results. And screw wall clipping.

dralla

Can you do visceral attacks on the final boss? Sometimes he crumples and I keep trying with no luck. I tried front and back.

Can you do visceral attacks on the final boss? Sometimes he crumples and I keep trying with no luck. I tried front and back.

Nope. He gets staggered but you can't do those against him. I think you can still do the extra damage(which you can tell by a certain sound when smacking em) but no critical parry hit.

onionfrog

I tried out a luck build...
Man Anri's straight sword is fucking dope! That sword just melts bosses!

I really get why it is the weapon of choice for speed runs.

Finished the game in sub 5 hours.

Needham

So I beat Dark souls 3. Mhmm, parries don't work like they used too.
Also, there were quite a few graphical bugs in this game

Had this happen to me in the PC version. It was fun because the more I wandered around the level the more things started disappearing. I eventually got stuck in a small area with a ladder I couldn't actually see, but the prompt to descend it appeared so I decided to try it out. I just fell to my doom.

I took a bunch of pictures of it. Here are a few. The dragons looked pretty neat without their textures.

8JFr.jpg
8JIG.jpg
8JIu.jpg

Jesus Christ is there a giant boost in difficulty in Irtithyll or am I playing too much Overwatch? These random guys just won't stop killing me

Tarkus

I can't even stop dueling long enough to go upgrade some weapons. That's was the original plan when I turned the game on 3 hours ago!

2AdEPT

So, I was wondering, how different soullevel 1 runs from playing the game normally( not just for this game, but all games in the series)?
Obviously it's a lot harder and you can only use a hanful of weapons, but what else is different?

The thing is, Sl1 runs never looked very compelling to me, since it seems like it's your just doing the same things you always did, but for a longer time and it's even more unforgiving.

exactly...if I am allowed to upgrade my weapon its virtually the same as if I level up defense...by the end I dont get hit much regardless. So that is why I always choose a no upgrades run over sl1...it is a totally different game and you will want to try find a different way to play. My hyper mode run is turning into a no damage run at the end because two shots and your dead in hyper mode regardless. At least with denial it is two shots and not one shot, but most of the time I need to have a clean slate to keep the rhythm. I find no pleasure in trying to extend boss fights longer..shorter in hyper mode is my favourite way to do it! ;)

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck I keep telling myself I'll go to sleep after 1 more duel win or lose and I just keep playing.

Ooohhhh yeah, I know that feeling.

After a loss: "Well I can't end the night on a loss! I'll keep going until I win."

After a win: "That was incredible! I'll do just a couple more, maybe I can get a win streak going."

Next thing I know I'm up until 4 in the morning.

Tarkus

Nah, he attacked the cage guy and saw the examine msg for a brief moment and quickly reloaded. He found it by accident. You should def watch the ep.
I did. You don't think that in all the stuff he keeps mentioning reading about or people telling him, that he hasn't heard about most of this stuff?

LiK

I did. You don't think that in all the stuff he keeps mentioning reading about or people telling him, that he hasn't heard about most of this stuff?

I think most of his audience won't spoil the NPC stuff for him. Probably gave him some tips but I think he's still pretty blind to most of them. If he somehow figures out Siegward's quest all by himself then I'll know he got tipped off cuz there's no way anyone can complete that without a guide.

Top Bottom