• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll ask one more time since the thread is moving fast; is there a point to reinforcing staffs? I notice the Spell Buff stat doesn't increase when you reinforce.

Also what does Spell Buff do? I just found a new staff that has a lower damage buff than the staff I found right at the beginning of the game. I'm guessing there must be more that goes into calculating spell damage than just your Intelligence stat and the Buff stat of your staff?

Ferr986

Ok. Online activity seems to be going down :/

I though plenty of people wanted help
Abyss Watchers...

Been helping there a lot today, didn't had to wait at all. IMO people ted to pick sunbros more than whites, so use the covenant if you didn't.

Of course, after that I put my bluebro sign and got 0 summons.

Heh, can't agree. I just beat DS3 and already started a new character and can't wait for the DLC. These games never get old to me...

The magic and fear and excitement of your first souls/bloodborne game will never be matched. I can't help but see right through the formula, still love them though.

Sane_Man

The magic and fear and excitement of your first souls/bloodborne game will never be matched. I can't help but see right through the formula, still love them though.

I've played every game in the series and other than DS2 (which I still enjoyed), i've liked each subsequent game more than the last. Plus probably the best DLC in the business.

Undead Settlement is a maze. Time to take a break and come back with fresh eyes. I'm going to clear out the area slowly.

Is that what people do? Do you usually clear out an area and explore or just run through first to get as far as you can before dying?

Depends on the area. If I have the energy to go through the whole thing till I beat the boss then why not.

For example for Undead Settlement I did one direction all the way through and reached the entrance to the next area and its bonfire. So I lit it up and went back and reached the boss.

Then I noticed another road I missed way the fuck back which takes you into another area.

ExVicis

How do you guys feel about the Carthus Shotel? I've been using it since the Catacombs and it dropped but I'm really keen to try it in PvP. Anyone have an opinions on it?y

All this talk of the dark sword made me want to farm one. I had about 20 min to kill before making dinner so I said "what the heck I'll go kill a few darkwraiths!" Fully expecting to get nothing except maybe some cracked red eye orbs if I'm lucky. First guy I kill drops the sword and some cracked eye orbs. Second guy drops another sword, the gauntlets, a pale tongue, and some cracked eye orbs.

I feel like I should maybe go fight a boss or something with luck like that.

Laws00

Guys I am fucking LOST AS HELL

I just beat
Yhorm the Giant
I beat
High Lord Wolnir
before I went to work. He was easy as fuck. lol

I'm lost on where to go now. Can someone or people point me in the direction?

DukeBobby

Finished.

As expected, the last boss was a breeze compared to
Nameless King
. Still died 6 times, though.

Time to wrap up a few things and then move onto NG+. Incredible game.

Steel

Banned
Guys I am fucking LOST AS HELL

I just beat
Yhorm the Giant
I beat
High Lord Wolnir
before I went to work. He was easy as fuck. lol

I'm lost on where to go now. Can someone or people point me in the direction?

Ithyl has a boss separate from the dungeon. And to get there is a branch from the water area that leads to him

Holy fuck. I invaded as a mound-maker in Undead Settlement. The host had a white with him and they refused to figh me one on one. So I hid behind some enemies. Suddenly THREE fucking blue sentinels came in at once. And it turned into a 5v1. I didn't even think that was possible. Holy fuck that was weird.

Y'all need to get in on some invasion action. You get to see the craziest shit

So what's the consensus best non-ultra great sword in the game? I beat the entire game using the Sharp Uchigatana +10..... Just like every dark souls game.

Holy fuck. I invaded as a mound-maker in Undead Settlement. The host had a white with him and they refused to figh me one on one. So I hid behind some enemies. Suddenly THREE fucking blue sentinels came in at once. And it turned into a 5v1. I didn't even think that was possible. Holy fuck that was weird.

Yeah I had a host, sunbro, blue sentient vs aldrich faithful, red invader (me) and another red invader. There was 5 mins of us lined up just doing gestures waiting for someone to make the first move.

Earlier today, I was doing some coop with 2 other friends. We were stalked by 2 red invaders the whole time as we advanced thro the area.

Xeteh

Go the
usurpation of fire
ending. I don't know
why but I always expect more from the endings in these games, I should know better by now.

I'm gonna play the hell out of the Mound-Maker covenant as soon as I have access to it - missed the early way so I have to wait. :(

What enemy is the Dark Wraith? I want to start farming Pale Tongues but I can't figure out which enemy it is.

hqdefault.jpg
I think its the bonfire before the Abyss Watchers

RedSwirl

Why would you want to do that?

I wanted to early on, but now I can't believe I even considered it.

To unlock Yuria really.

Now I'm looking at a 60k soul cost. I'm just hoarding soul items and things I'd normally sell, but I know I'll never be able to just hold enough souls for five levels unless I grind for hours.

jett

D-Member
To unlock Yuria really.

Now I'm looking at a 60k soul cost. I'm just hoarding soul items and things I'd normally sell, but I know I'll never be able to just hold enough souls for five levels unless I grind for hours.

I tried to get rid of the darksign at the end game.

It was gonna cost 400k. lel.

Grief.exe

I found this detailed PvP post on gamefaqs and posted it this morning, but it for buried at the bottom of the page. I was going to get some advice on these weapons. I already respected to try out the rapier/astoras great sword/lothric straight sword.

Found an in depth post on gamefaqs detailing some good PvP weapons

I have been PvPing all the time, since level 15. There is a lot to PvP right now, and there are more good PvP weapons than in DS2 imo. I have my own favourite tools for PvP, however I am very good in PvP so some weapons many of you here consider good, I consider a trash for PvP. If we talk about high level PvP with no-target fighting, using blind spots, parry baits, often parries than we have weapons that are no longer good:

- Dark Sword, Sunlight Sword, straight sword without thrusts. It is so EASY to parry it, parry bait it and poke them that I sigh every time I see another DS
- Farron GS- I will say only that Rapier, Estoc, spear, anything fast with range destroys Farron GS (and most heavy weapons). Even katana is good counter, you just have to either parry them or time attack while they are in animation recovery from first spin (window is tigh but once you get it- gg)
- Heavy swing weapons without range- easy to destroy
- Spear/halberd thrust spammers- easy to dodge and parry, very predictable

Now, If we talk about higher level PvP those are my top favourite weapons SO FAR:
- Rapier- it is always meta and will be, range, speed, stunlock, poke, parry baits, main-hand or off-hand. I have it in slot for Farron/Straight swords R1 spammers and heavy weapon users.
- Lothric straight sword- absolutely beast- unparryable Arts (like in all SS), thrust attacks with good range in R2 (and fast), fast R1 attacks like standard SS, rolling thrust and 110 critical damage shared with rapier and veeeeery few weapons in game. Two handed thrusts. Leo ring and Hornet ring works wonder for it and after parry it will do TON of dmg thanks to 110 CD.
- Carthus Shotel - absolutely great weapon for Shield Turtles and parry spammers. It deals damage through shields (like all Shotels) and its weapon art is unparryable (like with all curved swords except for dancer swords), making it great for parry spammers. You see guy that hide behind shield or try to parry you all the time. Take out shotel and keep hitting him with L2 + R2. It R2 in weapon art will make wide swing attack with gap closer- you can catch everything around you in 180 degree and you gap close to rolling back guy
- Astora greatsword- man....this baby....this baby.... Thrusts with R2 and then pancake with following R2. Wide swings to use blind spots, two-handed and one-handed thrust, HUGE range, fast chasing attack and BEST- Great Lance weapon art. Absolutely beast! Only minus- its art can be parried.
- Estoc, Sellsword twinblades, Old Wolft Greatsword/curved greatswords, great scythe are also great. Same is with long heavy strength weapons (especially Black Knight Great axe Art is great). Duel Maces are not bad, but easy to predict and poke with Rapier.

Uchigatana and washing pole are also not bad, I would put them in my personal tier 2-3. They are however easy to parry and their arts are parryble.

All my favorite weapons so far work great with Leo Ring (Lothric- thrusts, rapier- thrusts, Astora- thrusts), Flynn ring and hornet (Lothric and Rapier 110 crit dmg). And shotels thanks to their unparry arts and ignoring shield- are great in DS3.

I use quality build 40/40 (but plan to get more Dex for sharp rapier better dmg). Add to it if you can min-max 30 faith for Lightning Blade or Dark Moonblade buff and dmg skyrocket.

There is still STR weapons that I did not test but as far as DEX weapons and quality weapons go- those I mendtioned are imo best in higher lvl PvP.

All above is my opinion and experience

Zocano

15 more shackles and never have to pvp agaaaaaaaaaaaainnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

EDIT: AHAHAHA THE RAGE QUIT

FOOLS CAN'T HANDLE MY OHK PARRY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom