• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHoot

Likely means client-side the hit connected, but when the client checked back with the server your opponent actually shouldn't have been hit.

Multiplayer online 101.

I'm SL 50 and I spend so many early points pumping vigor to keep under 30% equip load. It kind of gimps myself as those points would likely be better spent in health/stamina/damage values, but I love fashion souls and equip load.

Pumped mine up to 25 myself. That with some rings, and you can hit a very good spot by equipping some of the heaviest armor and some big weapon while still being able to roll. I love it

Mourne Armor + Sunset helm and
Gundyr's
halberd makes me sexy

neoism

You know that if you long press down on the d-pad, it goes straight to the first of your equipped items? Keep your estus there for easy access even when carrying around lots of items

If your SunnyD is in slot 1, hold down on the dpad. It will automatically switch to item 1

giphy.gif

ramyeon

Everyone's been running around with the fallen knight set for about 4 weeks. Do what you want man, who cares?
Yeah I know, it was kind of a joke post more than anything.

90% of people I've helped with bosses have been wearing that ugly set though.

No sense of Fashion Souls obv.

Sande

What level were you? I joined them right after
Pontiff
and I literally couldn't remove the covenant item fast enough before I was summoned again
Around 130. I might be kinda screwed because of that.

Can I collect some of the rings/spells on another character to get the trophies?

ogbg

Around 130. I might be kinda screwed because of that.

Can I collect some of the rings/spells on another character to get the trophies?

I have no idea.
The point of the covenant is to have some crazy fun when you're in that area.
Why do you want the trophy?

Grief.exe

Yeah I know, it was kind of a joke post more than anything.

90% of people I've helped with bosses have been wearing that ugly set though.

No sense of Fashion Souls obv.

I'm getting the impression that the Souls community is trash the opening weeks of the new game.

Summoned as a sunbro into 4 man boss gank squads constantly, host not even bothering to attempt the boss first. From actually trolled hard with the Old Demon King boss where he leans over and then explodes the last 10% of his health.
Fashion Souls completely thrown out the window.
Flavor of the month weapons coming to PVP.

There are almost 1 million people playing on PC alone right now, pretty crazy how mainstream Souls has become.

Timeaisis

Well, I beat it. All in all, I *think* I like it more than DS1, but Bloodborne is still the best Soulsbourne.

I thought the level and boss design was really hit or miss, with some being fantastic
Cathedral of the Deep, Grand Archives
to others that were just downright plain and boring
Catacombs, Smouldering Lake
. The rest felt like it was mostly just castles. So nothing spectacular, but nothing that exciting.

The bosses, hoo boy. Same deal. Some were awesome, others not so much. I think I pushed DS1's crap bosses fro my memory, but this game reminded me they exist. I think BB spoiled me with ~90% of the bosses being awesome. Feels like a fifty-fifty split here.

Also, I really, really, really dislike
bosses with multiple health bars and/or distinct phases
except for
Abyss Watchers
, that shit was just cool. But that was the first time. I said this before, but it feels like a bunch of bosses had some cheap as hell combos, which really frustrated me to know end.

Nameless King
would probably be up their with my favorite fight if I didn't have to go through
the first phase
every time. It's really hard to learn patterns when I have to do the same 5-minute crap fight first where the camera may or may not co-operate properly. Kind of similar to how I felt about the
Princes
, ha!

Soul of Cinder
was OK I gues. I would've preferred if it was just
one phase, though. The second phase didn't bring anything that different, and it was more annoying than anything.

I hope they bring their A-game with DLC bosses, I was a little disappointed. And please FROM,
less humanoids
and less
gimmick bosses

IMO, BB > DS3 > DS1 > DS2

Really good game with some meh decisions that really hampered my enjoyment of the second half.

Oh, and don't make the same mistake I did and run with the Estoc the entire game. It makes things pretty tough.

Oh, yeah it took me 50 (!!) hours to beat! Holy crap! I accidentally got the
Usurption of Fire
ending lol. So that's cool I guess.

pringles

I've never owned people in PvP in any previous Souls game as much as I do in this. Invaders just go down so, so easily. Maybe it's just a lucky streak but through 25 hours I think I've been killed once by an invader. I've been using a fire broadsword 90% of the time so far. Hard to find any weapons that seem better. Keeping the equip very low, using Master's set mostly and two-handing. Seems to work well.

ogbg

Well, I beat it. All in all, I *think* I like it more than DS1, but Bloodborne is still the best Soulsbourne.

I thought the level and boss design was really hit or miss, with some being fantastic
Cathedral of the Deep, Grand Archives
to others that were just downright plain and boring
Catacombs, Smouldering Lake
. The rest felt like it was mostly just castles. So nothing spectacular, but nothing that exciting.

The bosses, hoo boy. Same deal. Some were awesome, others not so much. I think I pushed DS1's crap bosses fro my memory, but this game reminded me they exist. I think BB spoiled me with ~90% of the bosses being awesome. Feels like a fifty-fifty split here.

Also, I really, really, really dislike
bosses with multiple health bars and/or distinct phases
except for
Abyss Watchers
, that shit was just cool. But that was the first time. I said this before, but it feels like a bunch of bosses had some cheap as hell combos, which really frustrated me to know end.

Nameless King
would probably be up their with my favorite fight if I didn't have to go through
the first phase
every time. It's really hard to learn patterns when I have to do the same 5-minute crap fight first where the camera may or may not co-operate properly. Kind of similar to how I felt about the
Princes
, ha!

Soul of Cinder
was OK I gues. I would've preferred if it was just
one phase, though. The second phase didn't bring anything that different, and it was more annoying than anything.

I hope they bring their A-game with DLC bosses, I was a little disappointed. And please FROM,
less humanoids
and less
gimmick bosses

IMO, BB > DS3 > DS1 > DS2

Really good game with some meh decisions that really hampered my enjoyment of the second half.

Oh, and don't make the same mistake I did and run with the Estoc the entire game. It makes things pretty tough.

Every boss in Bloodborne had distinct phases

neoism

I'm getting the impression that the Souls community is trash the opening weeks of the new game.

Summoned as a sunbro into 4 man boss gank squads constantly, host not even bothering to attempt the boss first. From actually trolled hard with the Old Demon King boss where he leans over and then explodes the last 10% of his health.
Fashion Souls completely thrown out the window.
Flavor of the month weapons coming to PVP.

There are almost 1 million people playing on PC alone right now, pretty crazy how mainstream Souls has become.

i hope the ps4 community straightens up ... i tryed for some easy sun bro medals on the dancer boss..

killmenow.. overall 27 trys only got 4 medals 😐 that boss is not hard.. we had a 4 man group and the host still died...

Feels like I'm missing something. In the room where you get the
reversal ring
, is there anything else to do there?

No, but
there is another doorway in the big circular room before that one. Go through that, and there should be a switch on one of the sides.

I got stuck on that area FOREVER.. I don't know if you're looking for help.

ogbg

I've never owned people in PvP in any previous Souls game as much as I do in this. Invaders just go down so, so easily. Maybe it's just a lucky streak but through 25 hours I think I've been killed once by an invader. I've been using a fire broadsword 90% of the time so far. Hard to find any weapons that seem better. Keeping the equip very low, using Master's set mostly and two-handing. Seems to work well.

Are you using dried fingers? I think I was only invaded twice solo in 25 hours

i hope the ps4 community straightens up ... i tryed for some easy sun bro medals on the dancer boss..

killmenow.. overall 27 trys only got 4 medals 😐 that boss is not hard.. we had a 4 man group and the host still died...

You can get sunlight medals by invading. Much more fun and quick

koryuken

Being around SL 125 in pvp i've seen some pretty varied stuff. Some people use dark sword but once you know the move set you can easily bait and/or parry.

My biggest sadness is the farron greatsword. Such a cool moveset. Such a useless weapon :(

i realized it is because you cannot dual weild it (parry dagger is in other hand), so you cannot get a boost of damage from carrying the sword 2 handed.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Fallen Knight looks great, that's why people are wearing it. The real problem is the other sets just don't compare. Undead Legion comes close.

This one is pretty similar. Poise mostly comes from the weapon rather than the armour

Yeah, I wish it was a bigger difference set to set. Still better then the BB system for me though with weight being a pretty big limiting factor to what you can wear.

Timeaisis

Every boss in Bloodborne had distinct phases

In a way, sure. But I was specifically referring to bosses with
multiple health bars
, as in you think your done but NOPE.

-
Princes Fight - kill one, then fight them BOTH, then kill the one again and then FIGHT THEM BOTH AGAIN
-
Nameless King Dragon/Nameless King
-
Soul of Cinder/Soul of Cinder Part Deux
-
Abyss Watchers - Kill them, and then fight the super saiyan version
- Although I liked this one, tbh. Probably because it was the first time they pulled that shit.

Korosenai

I found this detailed PvP post on gamefaqs and posted it this morning, but it for buried at the bottom of the page. I was going to get some advice on these weapons. I already respected to try out the rapier/astoras great sword/lothric straight sword.
Could you link the thread?

MrHoot

This is something I'm okay with. Didn't like the system of BB where armor really didn't matter at all so just wear anything that looks good.

Honestly I liked the system, because it was more in favour of fashion souls.

The one we have now is super similar but it's kind of an awkward mix between souls and BB. On one hand they flattened the stats difference between armor a lot so heavy armor doesn't offer a big defense boost in battle compared to lighter armor. So you can wear whatever you like

Thing is it still has a lot of weight attached to it and vigor becomes a really important stat if you want to even have a heavy armor and not be a turtle. Problem is vigor is not such an appealing stat as it mainly only increases equip load. And the payout of the actual heavy armor stat isn't that great since the difference isn't as big.

Steel

Banned
Fallen Knight looks great, that's why people are wearing it. The real problem is the other sets just don't compare. Undead Legion comes close.

Gold hemmed robe not being in is a crime. I am liking the undead legion though. Nice cape.

ogbg

multiple health bars

-
Princes Fight - kill one, then fight them BOTH, then kill the one again and then FIGHT THEM BOTH AGAIN
-
-
-
- Although I liked this one, tbh. Probably because it was the first time they pulled that shit.

Right, OK. I was just going by what you wrote.
There are a few of them in this one for sure. After the first attempt where there is the surprise factor it's exactly the same thing though.

Haly

I'm fond of Dragonslayer but man, that weight is killer.

Fallen Knight is great in that the full set with sword and board will fall just shy of 70% weight for the bulk of starting characters, maximizing protection and fashion at the same time.

Me, I'm not too concerned with armor stats but I really need a cape on my guys and Fallen is one of the first good capes you get.

MortosDer

Neo Member
If you're struggling against
Dancer
. Try the good old fashioned
"walking in circles right next to it with you shield up" Even if she starts swinging her swords like a maniac most of the attacks will just miss and you can even sneak up a few hits without having to wait for the animation to be over.
The shield up is just a nice insurance that you won't get hit by some random swing. Got her on my first try.

If they nerf the Dark Sword(which they probably should, maybe) I hope it isn't to severe.

It's the only straight sword without a scabbard, which is really the only reason I use it over the standard longsword and it's superior moveset.

bronk

Banned
The quickness of drinking estus flasks during pvp is absolutely unbearable. I cant stand it. They can literally drink it right in your face. I use the item that stops it and it lasts what? 20 secs. Its super annoying

N
ameless King
is the shittiest boss fight since Bed of Chaos. The camera will ensure you take a shitload of damage during the first phase so by the time phase two starts, your estus flasks are depleted.

And I can't get a summon there to save my life. I dunno if my SL is way outta wack or the network is just shoddy.

Steel

Banned
If they nerf the Dark Sword(which they probably should, maybe) I hope it isn't to severe.

It's the only straight sword without a scabbard, which is really the only reason I use it over the standard longsword and it's superior moveset.

The longsword has a pretty good movement. Dark sword isn't necessarily superior, imo.

multiple health bars

-
-
-
-

You did the
Princes
fight wrong. :p

ogbg

N
ameless King is the shittiest boss fight since
Bed of Chaos. The camera will ensure you take a shitload of damage during the first phase so by the time phase two starts, your estus flasks are depleted.

And I can't get a summon there to save my life. I dunno if my SL is way outta wack or the network is just shoddy.

It's
optional

Haly

Every Souls boss raises the question of "lock or no lock?".

For N
ameless King you should no-lock the first phase but lock the second. The only time you should lock in the first phase is when he strafes in the sky, so you can see the lightning bolt.
It really doesn't.

It goes with everything. Not just the set itself but it matches a lot of helmets and weapons, as well as skin color. My dark skinned guy and light skinned guy both look equally good in Fallen Knight but the other sets look better or worse depending on how much contrast you think is acceptable.

It doesn't clip as much as some of the bulkier sets too, and that's important as well. I gave this a lot of thought!

Honestly I liked the system, because it was more in favour of fashion souls.

The one we have now is super similar but it's kind of an awkward mix between souls and BB. On one hand they flattened the stats difference between armor a lot so heavy armor doesn't offer a big defense boost in battle compared to lighter armor. So you can wear whatever you like

Thing is it still has a lot of weight attached to it and vigor becomes a really important stat if you want to even have a heavy armor and not be a turtle. Problem is vigor is not such an appealing stat as it mainly only increases equip load. And the payout of the actual heavy armor stat isn't that great since the difference isn't as big.

Different preferences. I really don't like fashion souls and would rather what you are wearing to have a more of a meaning then just how it looks. I will agree that this isn't the best solution and is just a compromise between it just being vanity gear and the armor actually mattering though.

Also as a side note, you are mixing up Vigor and Vitality. I understood what you meant though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom