• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain the significance of the area
behind a illusory wall, after the silver knight archers on the rooftops directly outside of the Pontiff Sulyvahn boss fight? There's a full brass set and a bunch of "prepare for sadness" messages.

I feel like this has something to do with Dark Souls 1, but I'm only at Sen's Fortress in that as I had just gotten into Dark Souls about a month ago lol.

ogbg

behind a illusory wall, after the silver knight archers on the rooftops directly outside of the Pontiff Sulyvahn boss fight? There's a full brass set and a bunch of "prepare for sadness" messages.

I feel like this has something to do with Dark Souls 1, but I'm only at Sen's Fortress in that as I had just gotten into Dark Souls about a month ago lol.

Yes, it has something to do with DS1

Zocano

Yah it's kinda integral to part of Dark Souls 1

It's a secret location in Dark Souls 3 just like it was a secret location in Dark Souls 1. That area has massive significance in the lore of DS1.

Steel

Banned
I found this detailed PvP post on gamefaqs and posted it this morning, but it for buried at the bottom of the page. I was going to get some advice on these weapons. I already respected to try out the rapier/astoras great sword/lothric straight sword.

ctrl+f: Fachion.

0 results.

This list is wrong.
Yeah I see they have a shotel, but they scale worse and don't have spin slash. Not to mention all you have to do to get past shields is equip a knight-slayer ring.

That being said, the dark sword is pretty good even without lock-on. The R2 has a wide girth to it and is relatively fast. So, I disagree. Lothric straight sword is pretty decent too but I like long swords better for the horizontal 2h R2. Also, I haven't really tried any dual wielding weapons but the ax's seem like they work pretty well.

I do agree with that post on the farron Greasword. It can catch you off guard if you don't know what to expect, but it leaves you really wide open.

There's also the end of a quest line there if you did things correctly.

neoism

sooo is it just me or is when useing up an item on your bar shoulnt it auto un equip..
its reallly fucking annoying have an item there with a 0......

i could have sworn it did in BB and the other DS games..

😑😕

ogbg

sooo is it just me or is when useing up an item on your bar shoulnt it auto un equip..

😑😕

It did. I prefer the new system

I don't think it goes away at New Game. I probably shoulda went for Usurper ending last haha

Think the hollowing carries over, but not the sigils. Basically take a purging stone with you to the next cycle and use it then.

i thought giving the
level girl the fire keeper soul lets you get rid of it?

It does. For how many levels it would cost at the time of you trying to get it cured.

😑😕

It's so you don't have to find it in the menu again when you buy new ones

ogbg

they need to patch it then its really annoying having to go into item page to press sqaure on the 0 numbered item... silly....��

They don't. It was really annoying having to re-equip an item every time you restocked if it was empty

ramyeon

To unlock Yuria really.

Now I'm looking at a 60k soul cost. I'm just hoarding soul items and things I'd normally sell, but I know I'll never be able to just hold enough souls for five levels unless I grind for hours.
What?

Yuria comes to Firelink after you receive 5 Dark Sigils from Yoel and he dies.

If you get rid of them she leaves Firelink.

Anyway,
the whole Hollow sidequest with Yuria, Yoel and Anri has been the most interesting NPC stuff so far imo.
#TeamNotHollowed is missing out big time.

Sande

Are some of the covenants really slow to rank up or am I doing something wrong? It took me like 30+ minutes to get summoned as an A
ldrich faithful
and the deacons seem to have about 5% (probably less) drop rate for the item.

Also, good weapons to deal with turtles in PVP? I know shotel partially hits around shields, are there other weapons with similar abilities?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
If i equip two types of arrows how can i switch between them

DryvBy

So I'm just now getting around to this. Finished my first boss. What should I be shooting for to make a quick rolling "barbarian" type? Focus on Endurance and Vitality with Strength? I want to have a lot of heavy armor to look cool, heavy weapons, but I want to move around quickly.

neoism

It's so you don't have to find it in the menu again when you buy new ones

i guess but its annoying once you have a bunch of different soul items.. but i usually only have my sunnyD on my bar... i only rarely put other items on when pvping or sun broing. im just used to the older games i guess.. i do loooovvve the UI in this game though.

ogbg

Are some of the covenants really slow to rank up or am I doing something wrong? It took me like 30+ minutes to get summoned as an A
ldrich faithful
and the deacons seem to have like 5% (probably less) drop rate for the item.

Also, good weapons to deal with turtles in PVP? I know shotel partially hits around shields, are there other weapons with similar abilities?

What level were you? I joined them right after
Pontiff
and I literally couldn't remove the covenant item fast enough before I was summoned again

Gorillaz

3 or 4 games in of this shit

and still most of my hits ain't hitting connecting at all in PVP, despite hearing the "sound" of it landing on them

wow, the more things change the more they stay the same

Steel

Banned
ldrich faithful
and the deacons seem to have about 5% (probably less) drop rate for the item.

Equip knight-slayer ring. Two hand. Slash twice. Then critical stab.

Neoweee

So I'm just now getting around to this. Finished my first boss. What should I be shooting for to make a quick rolling "barbarian" type? Focus on Endurance and Vitality with Strength? I want to have a lot of heavy armor to look cool, heavy weapons, but I want to move around quickly.

30-70% is the same, and each point of Vitality doesn't do a lot. Some points, sure, but Vigor to 25, then a bunch of STR and END with some VIT mixed in. You don't have good STR scaling in the early game, so points there too soon are kind of not worth much.

MrHoot

End, vitality and str is a good choice for making a barbarian type. I would also recommend some vigor at least so you can equip these heavy armor while keeping under 70% so you can still fast roll (you also get a few rings that will help you reduce your equip load)

If you have no intention at all to use spells and rely on pure damage and armor, you can ignore int, faith and luck . Dex is a plus if you wish to go quality build (as in, use weapons who scale with both STR and DEX)

But yeah, Vit, End STR and a bit of Vig will be your priorities

Grief.exe

3 or 4 games in of this shit

and still most of my hits ain't hitting connecting at all in PVP, despite hearing the "sound" of it landing on them

wow, the more things change the more they stay the same

Likely means client-side the hit connected, but when the client checked back with the server your opponent actually shouldn't have been hit.

Multiplayer online 101.

End, vitality and str is a good choice for making a barbarian type. I would also recommend some vigor at least so you can equip these heavy armor while keeping under 70% so you can still fast roll (you also get a few rings that will help you reduce your equip load)

If you have no intention at all to use spells and rely on pure damage and armor, you can ignore int, faith and luck . Dex is a plus if you wish to go quality build (as in, use weapons who scale with both STR and DEX)

But yeah, Vit, End STR and a bit of Vig will be your priorities

I'm SL 50 and I spend so many early points pumping vigor to keep under 30% equip load. It kind of gimps myself as those points would likely be better spent in health/stamina/damage values, but I love fashion souls and equip load.

There is no such thing as a free lunch

#clubnothollowed

A side note to that for these games is that there is however easy ways to do and deal with most things if you are in the know. 5 levels every playthrough with the cost being that you look like beef jerky and have to pay 4500 souls is a pretty good price. Might not be free but I'd eat that lunch.

lol im 99 hollowing...

forever ugly...😤

Hollowing is cured by one of the 4500 soul purging stones bought from Yuria. Sigils, the thing that gives hollowing on deaths, is cured by paying the fire maiden how much those levels cost at the time you are curing them (or it might be your next level x 5). Hollowing will carry over to your next game, while sigils are a key item and do not. Think there is another way to cure hollowing from talking to a certain statue that scales with level, but the purging stones are a flat rate.

MrHoot

So is everyone going to be running around with a Dark Sword and some combination of the Fallen Knight Set now? Gross.

Being around SL 125 in pvp i've seen some pretty varied stuff. Some people use dark sword but once you know the move set you can easily bait and/or parry.

My biggest sadness is the farron greatsword. Such a cool moveset. Such a useless weapon :(

neoism

So is everyone going to be running around with a Dark Sword and some combination of the Fallen Knight Set now? Gross.

used the fire keeper chest most of the game best looking armor by far... i looove the dancer helm also...

i really miss my cat leggins though... seems like there were more sets and variety in DS2 also the hexor set will probably be dlc... �� i loooved the hexor helm in ds2
i have used the dark sword most of the game its + 6 now its really good but you have to be in the enemies asshole to hit them... though

Being around SL 125 in pvp i've seen some pretty varied stuff. Some people use dark sword but once you know the move set you can easily bait and/or parry.

My biggest sadness is the farron greatsword. Such a cool moveset. Such a useless weapon :(

Glad I picked the other sword option from that, even if I'm leaning to move on to the Black Knight Greataxe.

i guess but its annoying once you have a bunch of different soul items.. but i usually only have my sunnyD on my bar... i only rarely put other items on when pvping or sun broing. im just used to the older games i guess.. i do loooovvve the UI in this game though.

You know that if you long press down on the d-pad, it goes straight to the first of your equipped items? Keep your estus there for easy access even when carrying around lots of items

Just beat
Pontiff Sulyvahn
on my first attempt. He came close to killing me a couple of times, but I still can't help but feel playing as a Pyromancer is "easy mode" (or at least in terms of From Software games). That's the third major boss in a row I've killed on my first attempt (the previous two being
Abyss Watchers and High Lord Wolnir
).

If your SunnyD is in slot 1, hold down on the dpad. It will automatically switch to item 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom