• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

How do I get up there? And yea game doesn't look like that while playing Oo

374320_20160422084910f4jp0.png

Manu

Finally Killed N
ameless King.
Feels good man.

Fucker must've taken me about 20 tries, got really close on some of them only to be destroyed on the next.

Even my girlfriend was cheering for me at the end, lol

So with that, I've downed every boss at 35 hours. Not bad.

Went into the D
ragonslayer
A
rmour
fight really cautious, tried to block and counterattack, but he was destroying me, after three times, I said screw it and just went on the attack and just rolled away, only got hit one by his
wind blast attack
and beat him with 5 great chaos fire orbs.

-Opaque-

That and the things in
the water in Irithyl
made me legitimately uncomfortable.

I was legit so freaked out by them that
I exclusively killed them with arrows thinking they would destroy me if they got close... Then I realised that apart from the toxic attack they are non-threatening... Still amazingly freakish design

iddqd

Summoning help for the N
ameless King
is no joke. 20 minutes and wasn't able to get a single person summoned.

I decided to put my own sign down to practice on him and it literally takes 1 second for someone to summon you every time. Happened 3 times in a row.

I'm at the same spot, I see signs but nothing is working.
Gonna take a break, first part of that fight is alright but the second is still crazy.

jett

D-Member
Ah, you
got all 8 and don't want to see that ending
? Yeah I guess that is a problem worth grinding out to remove them.

I don't know what you mean. I finished the game, got the ending of that particular questline, then I figured I might remove the darksign and see if I get another ending, that's it. :p

Grief.exe

I don't remember from the other Souls games, but are invasions/summoning restriced by SL and NG level? IE if I am on NG+, but within the correct SL range can I summon/invade someone who is only on NG?

GulAtiCa

I find it annoying that I can invade non stop in the F
arron
area. But getting a summon for the Watchdogs seems to be impossible... :/

Steel

Banned
I don't remember from the other Souls games, but are invasions/summoning restriced by SL and NG level? IE if I am on NG+, but within the correct SL range can I summon/invade someone who is only on NG?

For this game it works differently. Invasion is by SL and weapon tier. Weapons tiers are 1-3 4-6 7-9 and 10. I've been staying at 6 for invasions.

kagamin

They're restricted by a combination of Soul Level and Weapon Upgrade level. Of course if you're using passwords to play with a friend you can get scaled down automatically.

I don't know what you mean. I finished the game, got the ending of that particular questline, then I figured I might remove the darksign and see if I get another ending, that's it. :p

It goes away on your next cycle for free then. Whatever hollowing you have will stay, but the sigil doesn't across + cycles.

It's
optional

Need the soul for a spell though I think. Half the problem is the cruddy hit detection for the neck of the thing. Half my attacks cut through with no registration. Honestly this fight should probably be retooled, it's that bad.

Okay so being in
Dragon Form
is hilarious but not great for PvP. You are way too squishy. Is there anything else that is special about it?

Manu

This is what my final boss death count looks like btw:

Iudex Gundyr:
Vordt of the Boreal Valley:
Curse-rotted Greatwood:
Crystal Sage:
Deacons of the Deep:
Abyss Watchers:
High Lord Wolnir:
Pontiff Sulyvahn:
LOL NO
Old Demon King:
NOOOPE
Aldrich, Devourer of Gods:
8-10?
Yhorm the Giant:
Dancer of the Boreal Valley:
Dragonslayer Armour:
Oceiros, The Consumed King:
0 (accidentally coop'd this one)
Champion Gundyr:
Lothric, Younger Prince:
Soul of Cinder:
Ancient Wyvern:
Nameless King:
15-20?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yes, Purging Stone is a temporary solution. Yuria also sells
a ring that makes you look human if it's the appearance that matters.

Keep following the quest line, you will get the last 3 sigils at the end of it. Telling you when/how would spoil it for you.

Okay, thanks.

Here is mine, in order of fighting: (Edit: these numbers are my attempts, not my number of deaths!)
1. Iudex Gundyr 2
2. Vordt of the Boreal Valley 3
3. Cursed-Rotted Greatwood Tree 1
4. Crystal Sage 2
5. Abyss Walkers ~10
6. Deacons of the Deep 2
7. High Lord Wolnir 2
8. Old Demon King 2
9. Pontiff Sulyvahn 2
10. Aldrich, Devourer of Gods 2
11. Yhorm the Giant 1
12. Dancer of the Boreal Valley 1
13. Dragonslayer Armor 2
14. Oceiros, the Consumed King 1
15. Champion Gundyr 1
16. Ancient Wyvern 1
17. The Nameless King ~10
18. Lorian and Lothric ~10
19. Soul of Cinders ~10

Those that say ~10 are an estimate 'cause I tend to lose count after attempt #5 or so. I think it's roughly between 7 and 12 for each of these, more or less. On some of those attempts I just messed up too fast and died almost instantly, haha (like attempt #2 at the second boss, which I tend to not count... xD because when I did beat him I used only 1 estus and was never in much danger, just kicked his ass). For
Deacons of the Deep
, my first death was by curse, which showed me that playing this boss like a typical Souls boss was a bad idea. You need to play this boss like a DPS race and then it's super brain-dead easy. LOL.

As you can see most bosses took 1 or 2 attempts, with a small handful requiring several attempts. Pretty much like... every Souls game ever? You know what, I'm totally OK with this kind of difficulty. Not every boss needs to be soul-crushingly hard, and with my experience in Souls games I'd say getting 1 or 2 attempts for most bosses is pretty normal.

Sanctuary

Are they nerfing dark sword because this thing is nuts

I know right? Before you get your STR high enough for it to really start shining though, the raw Astora's Straight Sword beats every single other weapon in the game for PvE, and it's also extremely good in PvP in the early to mid levels as well, since the damage on it is so high that you can just focus your stats elsewhere.

They really need to fix poise, as well as the damage of the larger, heavier and much slower weapons. Hyper armor is nowhere near worth the trade-off, especially when you aren't actually doing that much more damage per hit. They are absolute trash in PvE compared to straight swords too.

GulAtiCa

lol. Got my 1st Blue summon. Interesting though. Was in C
entral Irithyll
and got summoned to C
athedral of the Deep
. I soon died though. lol. I need to get used to Blues can be hurt by enemies. That did me in.

Same here. Phase 1 was easy if you didn't lock.

phase 1 cam made me aggressive. i also had trouble with depth perception in that fight., wiffed too many attacks. my performace suffered in phase 2 because i just couldn't fight with a clear head anymore. phase 2 is honest, but a bitch.

You are a
dragon
? I have no idea really haha

Yeah no clue but it seems super squishy. I mean I can use the
Fume
and a Great Shield at the same time but literally no point.
However, I have noticed if I use the
Fume
and the
Knight Slayer Ring
people just die because they can't seem to block both hits.

Summoning help for the N
ameless King
is no joke. 20 minutes and wasn't able to get a single person summoned.

I decided to put my own sign down to practice on him and it literally takes 1 second for someone to summon you every time. Happened 3 times in a row.

People are snagging them before you. You'll have better luck hanging out by the bonefire for a soul sign.

So earlier today I beat the boss of A
this is a huge spoiler
Londo
and now I'm wondering what place I need to go back to in order to find a new path to progress the story.

Manu

As you can see most bosses took 1 or 2 attempts, with a small handful requiring several attempts. Pretty much like... every Souls game ever? You know what, I'm totally OK with this kind of difficulty. Not every boss needs to be soul-crushingly hard, and with my experience in Souls games I'd say getting 1 or 2 attempts for most bosses is pretty normal.

I agree. I know some people are disappointed with the difficulty but you can't just ramp it up on every new game and call it a day, because you'd be alienating any new players. The games should be fair to everyone, not only those of us who have hundreds of hours in the series. I believe the game did a good job at it, with the bosses in the second half being clearly harder than those in the first half. That gives new players the chance to get a hold of things, and by the time you reach
Irythill
the game is like "okay? you got it? let's get serious now."

ZangBa

Boss deaths for me:
Iudex Gundyr: 1
Vordt of the Boreal Valley: 0
Curse-rotted Greatwood: 1
Crystal Sage: 3
Deacons of the Deep: 0
Abyss Watchers: 0
High Lord Wolnir: 2
Pontiff Sulyvahn: 0
Old Demon King: 2
Aldrich, Devourer of Gods: 2
Yhorm the Giant: 0
Dancer of the Boreal Valley: 0
Dragonslayer Armour: 3
Oceiros, The Consumed King: 0
Champion Gundyr: 1
Lothric, Younger Prince: 0
Soul of Cinder: 0
Ancient Wyvern: 0
Nameless King: 7

I'm most embarassed by
Crystal Sage

My second character is deathless with 3 more bosses to go.

onionfrog

A
ldrich
is a son of a bitch!

Any advice for him?

Specifically his
arrows
? I rolled forward past them thinking I was fine but then they
reversed directions back towards me and fucked me up!

kagamin

My SL50 run deaths to bosses in order of completion:
1. Iudex Gundyr 5
2. Vordt of the Boreal Valley 2
3. Cursed-Rotted Greatwood Tree 0
4. Abyss Walkers <10
5. High Lord Wolnir 0
6. Old Demon King 1
7. Crystal Sage 1
8. Deacons of the Deep 0
9. Pontiff Sulyvahn <10
10. Aldrich, Devourer of Gods 1
11. Yhorm the Giant 0
12. Dancer of the Boreal Valley 5
13. Dragonslayer Armor 2
14. Lorian and Lothric 5
15. Oceiros, the Consumed King 5 (because I'm an idiot)
16. Ancient Wyvern 0
17. Champion Gundyr 5
18. The Nameless King <10
19. Soul of Cinders (exactly 20, I counted because I was trying to go no armor, eventually gave in and used armor of thorns)

That info is pretty interesting IMO. I usually die to "easy" bosses in Souls games, so it's cool to see how others do.

Iudex Gundyr: 0
Vordt of the Boreal Valley: 0
Curse-rotted Greatwood: 1
Crystal Sage: 0
Deacons of the Deep: 0
Abyss Watchers: 3?
High Lord Wolnir: 1
Pontiff Sulyvahn: 0
Old Demon King: I think I got caught in an AOE for 1 death...hmm
Aldrich, Devourer of Gods: 0
Yhorm the Giant: 0, but I boned out twice since I didn't know you had to hold L2 to charge it
Dancer of the Boreal Valley: 0
Dragonslayer Armour: 0
Oceiros, The Consumed King: 0
Champion Gundyr: 3
Lothric, Younger Prince: 2-3
Soul of Cinder: 0
Ancient Wyvern: 0
Nameless King: 4-5, shit memory I guess

Damn Longsword rocks, and zero magic meant good physical stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom